Is it too much to hope that Rachael Soglin will make a surprise appearance in Yellow Jacket, and enter by saying “the queen bee is back to claim her hive”
Yes, yes it is, but here we are.
Halfway through the episode Rachel randomly out of nowhere shows up just to say this and then never appears again and it’s not mentioned ever
bring out the rotating tiger
so youre telling me that some asshole can just throw together meaningless shit and get notes and attention yet when i put actual thought into the things i say nothing happens i am so fucking done with this bullshit god damn fuck
$17.99 (Buy One Get One Free)
Submitted by: @the-mall-rats (detective anon)
i figured out who nibbly is!!!!!
after like 6 hours of sleuthing and staring at teeth nonstop like a weirdo, i have reached the conclusion that nibbly is nick lang!!!!!
heres all my evidence:
You people have too much time on your hands. Good job on solving the mystery, I’m sure Nick is horrified that someone spent 6 hours looking at pictures of his teeth
i think 10:30 is the earliest i have gone to sleep in a while
maybe i should make more of these
Basic things to understand about filming with prop guns:
- Prop guns are either fake rubber props that do not discharge anything, or real guns that are loaded with blanks.
- Blanks, which consist of gun powder and paper, can still cause injury or death. No blanks should ever be used in close range and no real ammunition should ever even be anywhere on set.
- When a prop gun is on set, it is only to be handled by the armorer when it is not in the hands of the actor for the scene
- Before a prop gun is handed to the actor, it must be checked by the armorer that there is no ammunition. If there is no ammunition, the armorer says, “cold gun,” and the cast and crew confirm they heard this by repeating, “cold gun.”
- Actors using prop guns are required to rehearse with the armorer and stunt coordinator and/or fight choreographer several times just before filming any scene it is used in.
Basic things to understand about the Rust film set shooting:
- Rust is a western film about an accidental killing and it’s aftermath starring Alec Baldwin and Jensen Ackles, filmed in Santa Fe on the Bonanza Creek Ranch, a place known for western films.
- There were at least 2 other confirmed misfire incidents during filming prior to this incident, one of which involved Baldwin’s stunt double, who fired a gun that he had been told was cold.
- A production unit manager received a text before the incident: “We’ve had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe.”
- Several crew members had walked off the set just hours prior, citing unsafe working conditions including COVID and gun safety violations. Several who did not walk off were ordered off by producers. Many of these crew were replaced with nonunion workers.
- Assistant Director David Halls picked up a prop gun from a cart prepared by Armorer Hannah Guttierez Reed and said, “cold gun,” before handing it to Baldwin. The cast and crew repeated “cold gun” as per the rule.
- Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was crouched behind a camera operator on a dolly, setting up the camera angle for the scene. Director Joel Souza was crouched behind her.
- Baldwin, Hutchins, and Souza rehearsed the scene once without incident.
- They rehearsed the scene a second time when a live round fired, narrowly missing the camera operator, striking and passing through Hutchins’ chest before finally hitting Souza in the shoulder.
- Baldwin dropped the gun and cried out, “Why did you give me a hot gun?” presumably at Halls or Reed.
- Reed took the weapon and removed the spent bullet casing before giving it to police.
- Souza was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he was released later that day.
- Hutchins was airlifted to the hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
- Baldwin has been cooperating with police in the investigation.
- The American Society of Cinematographers president Stephen Lighthill stated, “This was not an accident. This was a preventable incident… Somebody didn’t do their job.”
People are asking for a list of my sources:
The Santa Fe New Mexican has one of the most recent articles to obtain the affidavit.
So while this whole “who is worst Chris? Chris Pratt” stuff is going on. I think it’s also important to talk about Best Chris. And it’s Chris Eccleston.
Reblogging and adding these tags because I didn’t know that and it makes the “lots of planets have a north” scene hit different!
The People’s Doctor.
It’s a fantastic point, but John Boyega’s net worth also puts him at $6 million. When he says eat the rich, he isn’t safe either…
There’s a pretty big fucking difference between six million and one trillion lmao
Not to mention the way the money was made
An actor being paid for a role / doing some advertising is a world away form a man setting up a cooperate money machine that horrendously exploits workers
This is something I hate SO MUCH about how tumblr talks about money.
Like, I get that famous actors have large amounts of money, some of them are even probably overpaid (I have complicated thoughts about how actors are paid because of the nature of acting as a career), but they are exchanging labor for money, and their salaries are an expense involved in making a movie.
But like… an actor is paid for a job. They’re a worker like the rest of us. Bezos isn’t paid for a job, he’s paid for being the person who owns Amazon and despite being obscenely wealthy, he does all sorts of shitty things and to underpay and exploit his workers, and avoid paying taxes, so that more of the money Amazon generates will be profit (worker’s salaries are not profit, they’re a business expense).
These two mechanisms of acquiring money are fundamentally very different.
The reason why billionaires are evil aren’t because having money is bad, its because to get a billion dollars you have to cheat. You have to take it from someone else. If Bezos paid all his workers and suppliers fairly and treated them well, and paid his fair amount of taxes, and etc, then it literally wouldn’t matter how much money he earned, because he wouldn’t be doing anyone any harm. But its not actually possible to amass a billion dollars (a full order of magnitude bigger than a million) while behaving in an ethical manner.
The BBC is releasing over 16,000 sound effects for free download
THIS will be sooo good for my soundboard. Those online sessions are about to become even better :D
First music, then voice modifiers… Now this. Perfect.
Also, I’m pretty sure it can be used for a lot of other activities.
Yay, no more Soundbible!
The direct link: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/soundlibrary.htm
For any content creators who’d like it!
reblogging to be able to find this
now that i’ve actually (mostly) finished outlining, i’m actually nervous about starting haha
my favourite parts of who bun it (mischief movie night in)
- despite the title, as far as i can remember, buns are never mentioned /lh
- just… the concept of an animal murder mystery is amazing
- ellie morris is very pretty, which i appreciate
- the rabbits’ tails <3
- the umbrella being used as a peacock tail
- the weird tongue thing
- the song!
- mrs and mrs rabbit <3
- the german shephard having a vaguely german accent
- just the whole meta plot of ‘frank’ always going on too early
- the warming up sequence
- “frank, drink the juice then die!”
- “how would you murder someone?” “well, i wouldn’t.” “i’d peck them to death.”
- the reveal that julie had an affair with the vicar
- “we can see you moving, frank. go slower. go much slower.”
- “we must remain incognito as ducks.”
- the story about arnold murdering the mayor’s wife just outside the town
- the vicar’s wife being a cowboy
- “guten tag, mr and mr duck.”
- the beak falling off
- “we may be chamelons in disguise, but we have never committed a murder. except for the one last year (outside of town).” “that’s out of my jurisdiction.” “he doesn’t have a jurisdiction because he appointed himself to be the detective!”
- how genuinely heartbreaking julie and jerry’s conversation is
- oscar not realising it’s a flashback and thinking the mayor has come back to life
- the magpie comedians
- jerry acting like gollum during the interrogation
- the reveal that julie murdered the vicar
- “a rabbit gun. it fires titanium carrots.”
- julie’s confession
- the theme of inequality and its consequences actually being kind of meaningful?
- “you had an affair with the chameleons as well?”
- how dave looked ready for the movie to have a happy ending until oscar cut in
- all of the twists!!
- “the carrot juice, it was the carrot juice!”
- “switch on, frank.”
- the fact that i predicted that both of the rabbits had had an affair with the vicar, so i felt very vindicated that i was right
- the stare down at the camera
- “i’m actually a beaver.”
out of the ones i’ve watched so far, this one is my favourite!
my favourite parts of flat pack attack (mischief movie night in)
- first name ben, last name steve
- everyone making fun of ben for being short and getting his name wrong
- “are you insulting henry reagan, the president of ikea?
- "it appears the thing that sneaks in is the fonz.”
- colin’s death scene
- the way hr walks
- the way sampson talks
- henry and ellie in the background of the scene in hr’s office
- “do you want to get on my back again?”
- “he has the look of a man who thought his character was just a one-off joke moment.”
- all the names beginning with h
- ellie putting on and taking off her hat in the background
- hr’s exit
- “i just find everthing overwhelming!” relatable
- how helen kind of sounds like the mother from trail to oregon
- the snaffledoodle
- “will you marry me… in an hr sponsored church?”
- how sampson eats the pancake
- “is he alright?” (nods) “no, he’s dead.”
- “argh! we were teleported!”
- the floating fingers
- “no need to be angry, no need to grieve! hello… steve.” “it’s ben.”
- “i wanted us to get together in the woods.” “we’re not in the woods, we’re in the desert!” (points at greenscreen) “argh!”
- “you two, if you don’t mind me saying, don’t look like archery types.” “no, i’m more of a polo man.” “i play mahjong.”
- the archery montage song
- “preserves… preserves… preserves…”
living room living room living room
- sampson’s accent drastically changing
- “did someone say irish jig?”
- “did someone say spanish tango?”
- “i love you, hr.” “i love you too, ben.”
- “introducing delta von tussel, the man with no name.”
- ben preparing his finger
- “IT’S TWO (2) LETTERS AND YOU MISREMEMBERED THEM!”
- “ben, i’m afraid i have some… excellent news.”
- “ben steven.” “bs.”
- i feel like through all of this ellie was hoping for a bigger role /lh
- theory: delta von tussel is actually the vicar from who bun it
- alternatively: if i had a nickle for every time harry kershaw played a vicar in mischief movie night in, i’d have two nickles, which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice
- “going down the aisles” is actually a really good pun
- why did a horror film have a far happier ending than a movie about animals? /lh
i want to include harry kershaw's bbc crew member from ppgw in a fic i'm going to write and i'm wondering if you know how i should refer to him in the ao3 tags? as far as i know he doesn't have a canon name so i've come up with one for him, but should i list him as 'bbc tech guy' or 'bbc producer' in the tags or something like that? sorry if this is a strange question haha
hmmm good question, i always just refer to him as the bbc guy, but i’m not really sure what his actual job was during it. if anything i’d go with bbc stage manager, just because he seems to follow trevor around
kind of want to stay up and write but also i’m really tired so maybe i’ll just sleep
my favourite parts of i found it in the bushes (mischief movie night in)
- the ancient transylvanian tongue
- batley inexplicably talking like a modern american teenager
- igor randomly standing at the back of the stage
- “i’m just sweeping.”
- sean’s mother (keith’s (ex)wife) being killed by vampires despite not believing in them
- “fold down sofa.”
- the song!
- the background changing in the flying scene
- “versailles represented by the london thames and of course the reveal of the man playing the bat.”
- “we just stay on the river for ages.”
- the apparent rivalry between the bagel seller and
- the royal umbrella
- this whole exchange: “she thought i sold sandwiches, but i clearly sell all breakfasts.” “you are a bad man. off you go.” “i’ll sell breakfast later on when it’s… not breakfast time.”
- sean’s beautiful neck (especially the part with the scarf seller)
- “i can tell you listen to good music.”
- esmerelda asking, “your mother was not called angelica was she?” when it’s already been established that sean’s mother called called petunia
- igor’s curse that makes it difficult for him to speak
- igor following esmerelda’s father (does he have a name?) making spooky noises
- the fireman
- harry not being able to grasp whether he’s playing keith or sean
- the fast forward in which the fireman gets involved in the confusion over names
- “did you say the words esmerelda?”
- “first name es, second name merelda.”
- “where are you? "i’m in blackpool.” “is that where we go when we die, mother?”
- batley’s tiny machine gun
- true love’s socially distanced handshake
- “you think a gun is a match for an axe?” (gets killed)
- batley’s poem
- keith failing to throw his hat to sean
- the corpsing corpses
- the reveal that keith divorced petunia on her deathbed
- lindt chocolate callback
I‘M REALLY HAPPY