would like to clarify that i am in fact, alive
would like to clarify that i am in fact, alive
aromantics can like romance.
aromantics can date.
aromantics can have meaningful relationships full of love.
aromantics don’t owe you the stereotype of being cold and disgusted by the idea of romance.
at the same time, aromantics who don’t like romance or dating shouldn’t be shunned or villainized.
there is no right or wrong way to be aromantic, stop pushing us into boxes.
“prince phillip died bc his tea was too strong, prince philip died bc the necromancer mispronounced a vowel, philip died bc some brave hero finally smashed the reliquary” shut the fuck up he died as a birthday gift to lil nas x
I don’t see why they can’t all be true.
-Tea was too strong, causing him to react badly.
-This caused someone to jump and accidentally smash the reliquary.
-The necromancer fucks up trying to revive him.
-The situation came about as a birthday gift from a stronger power.
-The higher power is satan who wanted to give a thoughtful gift to his cute new bf
i was doing my usual “jump down the TERF rabbithole to increase the database for shinigami eyes” and i encountered a TERF that had deliberately added “TERFs DNI” to her bio, and then she bragged about it in a post a little further down her blog.
while I knew right away that she was a TERF, because she reblogged exclusively from known TERFs and the posts were direct rhetoric, I think it’s important that I spread this information for people who are not as well-versed in the way TERFs operate on this website.
- TERFs hide in plain sight. it is not unusual for a TERF to put “TERFs DNI” or “TME” (transmisogyny exempt) in their bio. In fact, some joke that “TME” stands for “transmisogyny enthusiast.” They do this in order to avoid being reported and banned. They also do this in order to trick people into feeling safe and following them. That way, more people will be exposed to transmisogynist rhetoric.
- Just because someone has “they/them” in their bio does not mean they are not a TERF. Nonbinary people can be TERFs. GNC women can be TERFs. Don’t let pronouns lull you into a false sense of security.
- Crypto-TERFs are a thing. These are people who follow and reblog from TERF blogs, but avoid reblogging posts containing direct rhetoric so as to not be detected as transmisogynists. Someone might have a blog full of pretty pictures and art, but when you look at WHO they’re reblogging that art from, it becomes very clear that they endorse those beliefs. They also serve as a bridge between the TERF community and tumblr at large. You may follow someone because they reblog poems or art, and then feel inclined to check out the blogs they got that content from. This is deliberate recruitment tactic.
- TERFs will sometimes have an about page or a pinned post insisting that they “aren’t a TERF” and “support trans people” but then proceed to write THE most transphobic garbage after it. The idea is to have someone skim the text, read the “not a TERF” part, and move on, while the rest of the text is intended to signal to other TERFs that they are, in fact, a TERF.
how to spot a TERF:
- reblogs from other TERFs (obvi)
- URLs that reference reproductive organs (like uterus, ovary, vulva, vagina, pussy, cunt, clit) are almost always TERFs. I’m sure exceptions exist, but I have never encountered one. Also keep an eye out for “rad” and “radical” (in reference to “radical feminst”/”radfem” - which is what TERFs call themselves.) Also, a dead giveaway, but I HAVE seen it: “TERF” or “Terve” etc. in URLs.
- TERFs are radfems. Radfems are anti-sex work, lesbian separatists, bioessentialists, and misogynists. They spend a lot of time attacking other women for shaving or wearing makeup, for doing sex work, for dating men, and doing other things they personally disagree with. They also believe that men are inherently predatory. If a blog is spreading radfem beliefs, they’re either a TERF or a crypto-TERF. There is no such thing as “trans inclusive radical feminism.”
- use of “TRA” (trans rights activists), “genderists” (transgender people), posts about “men invading women’s spaces” (they mean trans women), use of the word “female” - ESPECIALLY “adult human female” which is a well-known TERF slogan in the UK , use of this emoji 🏁 (”only two genders”), the phrase “sex-based oppression”, salem witch trial references (”we’re the daughters you didn’t burn”), and references to suppression (”i will not be silenced”), mentions the “S.C.U.M. manifesto” (a manifesto insisting that “the male sex” should be ELIMINATED. the author attempted to KILL andy warhol.)
- bios containing: XX, radfem, adult human female, female, gender critical, terven (TERF), ex/former TRA, febfem (”female exclusive bisexual” - TERFs who consider all trans men and transmascs to be women/female. they are chasers unable to reconcile their sexual feelings for men.)
Stay safe! Terfs are fucking creeps. Don’t let these musty fuckers bully you or your trans friends!
- Emphasis on the experience of being ‘socialized female’. Implying that not having been socialized female’ since birth means you’ll never have the same experiences that cis women have.
- Uses ‘trafficking’ as interchangeable with sex work. Assumes all trafficking forces people into sex work. Generally doesn’t understand that trafficking is a migrants rights issue. Makes wildly exaggerated ‘X number of women are trafficked each year’ claims.
- Feminist art means stuff with vaginas in it. General women = vagina, feminism = vagina things.
- Makes vague claims that someone ‘hates lesbians’ (which just means they hate terfs or acknowledge that some lesbians are trans women or acknowledge that lesbians are attracted to trans women).
- Uses ‘women who don’t prioritize women’ as derogatory code for bisexuality. Thinks bisexual women can’t use ‘butch’ or ‘femme’. Excludes bisexual women from queer women’s history.
Not every person saying just one of these things is a TERF. They might just have one shitty terf-adjacent opinion. Notice the pattern.
I’m tired of non-asians on twitter trying to tell asians that we shouldn’t be offended by the racial stereotype that is Cho Chang. I mean,
- Cho and Chang are both last names
- One’s Korean, the other’s Chinese (no I dont remeber which is which)
- She got sorted into the Smart House
- Her only interactions are following 2 white boys around like a lovesick puppy
- Cho Chang sounds suspiciously like “ching chang” a term used to mock asians (This has been used multiple times against my family and other asian friends)
- The only person East Asians can identify with, one of the 4 asians in the entire series (Patil twins, Nagini)
- All of the Asian characters are only seen in relation to white men.
- Honestly, we wouldn’t be as mad if there was other East Asians that DIDN’T conform to that stereotype, but Cho is the only one we got. Thanks Joanne.
Also JK Rowling said the Voldemort’s snake used to be an asian women named Nagini… who is now in service to him… and is basically his pet…
JK Rowling is a transphobic, homophobic, TERF, anti-semitic, and racist.
- The only Irish kid blows shit up (ira) (Seamus Finnigan)
- The most prominent black character doesnt have a dad. (Dean Thomas)
- The other black Hogwarts students, (Blaise Zabini) his mom is implied to be a gold digger.
- (Angelina Johnson) is good at sports (stereotype, but she’s still badass)
- The bankers are described as hook nose goblins… yeah.
- Apparently she made aids/HIV a comparison to werewolves… where it was unwillingly given to Lupin by a man who targets children…
- The only jewish character is a dude named Anthony Goldstein, who is never specified to be jewish in the books or movies, and I actually have no idea if he was actually in either.
- Rita Skeeter literally described with manly hands, a strong jaw, and other traditionally masculine features… painting her as a trans women, and someone who is a liar, and is hated by everyone… and oh yeah, changes form to spy on kids.
- The house elves love to be enslaved
- The american wizard society, where she just shits on everything. Implying that the indigenous people had to be colonized so they could be taught “proper magic”, mishandling of native cultures, and incorrectly grouping them into one entity
- Saying later that Dumbledore was gay, but not putting it in the story, or into Fantastic Beasts 2, where the storyline is LITERALLY about his former lover.
I’m tired of JK Rowling. I’m tired of “it wasn’t relevant to Harry’s story, so I didnt include it” I’m tired of people outside of these communities telling us that we’re overreacting, and that we shouldn’t be offended by what we see.
I love the books, but I hate Joanne.
I know the media and Rowling herself really love to push the narrative that she was a single mom on welfare when she wrote the first book, but she was raised in a comfortable middle class household where she received a classical style British education. Part of the reason the Harry Potter books were so well recieved is because they are a synthesis of British literary cultures. There are bits of Tom Jones School Days, Jane Austen, British folklore, and various other well understood literary tropes, The hallmarks of the traditional British style of education are about learning the canon of British (especially English) culture so students can learn to be “properly” integrated into their place in Society without rocking the boat. It is most definitely not about examining the possible prejudices of the culture or anything which could actually fundamentally upset the status quo. Which is why she could believe and write about how terrible discrimination is, but can’t describe what that looks like other than the most obvious examples of using slurs and actual violence. And its why she is completely incapable of learning or integrating new information. She had a “good” education, so she doesn’t need to learn anymore. She believes that she knows everything she needs to about other cultures (noble and worth appreciating but also in need of becoming more English) and racism (it’s bad). It’s exactly why she is the example of every White moderate you have ever been warned about.
I was hanging out with some people. Gerard Way was in a box and we couldn’t get him out. When we broke open the crate, nothing was in it but the planks were still singing Helena.
This reads like one of those old tumblr posts and I feel like someone from the “superwholock” fandom is going to summon a home stuck fan
Just to weed out any Trump Supporters following me…..
A note, if you’re any of the following,
- White Supremacist
- MAP or whatever cutesy name they’re giving it now.
- Against Sex Workers
- Thin Blue Line
- All Lives Matter
This blog ain’t for you. Deuces.
Dont forget TERF
don’t forget anti-semite
Let me add in: Ableist
don’t forget: Islamophobe.
Since I am Indian, adding on : Casteist
Sexist! Don’t forget that!!
Adding: Antimaskers, this includes people who don’t wear it over their nose
lemme just say: if you believe all Middle Easterners are terrorists (since not all people from the Middle East are Muslim)
Let me tell you where this blog stands
Let me just show u the exit disrespectfully if u are any of those things
I’m reblogging this with full offense, if you’re any of these then fuck off
trans women can use pronouns other than she/her. and frankly they’re sexy for doing it
this includes he/him btw. no transfem person is obligated to explain to you how they experience gender and why they use the pronouns they use. i love trans women who use he/him and any other pronouns as much as those who use she/her. they are still women. pronouns do not equal gender.
my biggest issue with the mcr fandom is how the fanbase doesn’t know how to shut up on matters they shouldn’t speak on.
for BLM there was thousands of white and nbpoc fans speaking over Black mcr fans that were saying what they should and shouldn’t be offended by. they literally said what a Black person can and cannot be hurt by because of the lack of support from the mcr boys. people literally fucking said ‘well they TECHNICALLY showed support by doing the bare minimum, you can’t be offended by their (lack of) actions, you’re in the wrong for feeling betrayed by your idols that used to speak out’.
like it is not your fucking place, someone that isnt black, to tell a Black person what they can and cannot be offended by regarding the BLM movement and how they handled the situation. people were mad that people called out gerard’s shitty activism and excuses and accused Black fans of being too angry or mean in correcting him or said they demanded too much for expecting someone that has their privilege to speak out more and failing to do so because? what? they lose racist fans??
gerard not addressing the scott allie thing too. people arent saying gerard has more blame and done more damage than scott has. but they are saying a man in his position, power, and influence ignoring it is disgusting. gerard not even unfollowing scott while dark horse comics made an entire statement. and the question is why not?? he’s been on instagram, he knows of the accusations and working with an abuser that had them for years. hes aware of the problem yet he does nothing to not get involved since? he’s afraid of bad publicity so close to umbrella academy/mcr’s return? there’s no excuse in why he’s being silent on an abuser while he’s still in contact with scott.
but you got a lot of mcr fans thinking hes still fully in the right to play the middle ground when dealing with someone that actually assaulted and abused a woman. they’re saying 'forward all this energy towards scott!’ and while thats true, scott needs to be fully blacklisted and pay for what he has done. but people say this just to fully shut up and not give a damn about the serious grooming and abuse issue in the emo/alt community.
these fans arent mad that a woman got abused, they’re mad someone is criticizing their idol.
and they take personal offense at that instead of actually regarding the victim and the real situation this is from but instead they tune in to just circle in how how dare someone criticize gerard way on his bullshit activism lately.
and i love gerard way so much but normalize criticizing and being mad at these idols that need to be doing more jfc
over a month later and this still fucking stands. fuck modern day gerard way. he has became a rich, pampered bastard that has lost all holds of his past roots. he actively follows and likes posts from a racist friend. he still follows scott and chooses to ignore the sexual assault due to it being from a close coworker. he never said anything else on BLM. he doesnt give a fucking shit about people he’s hurting, the victims, or how many Black mcr fans are being killed and targeted daily. he didnt even fo bare fucking minimum and provide links, instead he made his statement catered around himself and only provided that when fans demanded he do more than his bullshit black square.
you will NOT see me posting modern day gerard on this account because the only version of this man i can fucking support was when he didnt become a payed out poser
so glad this from JULY AND AUGUST OF LAST YEAR (2020) is finally circulating. stop holding ur idols above your morals
wait i was so tired and brainfried i almost posted on here in The Wrong Language
the whole ever given affair just gets funnier every new piece of information i hear about it
the air is the same as it was when i was still hopelessly in love with you. now i truly understand that it’s already been a year.
i just want her to be okay
why did I immediately think of Javert with this tweet
..okay I went frame by frame on SC to find out who’s Responsible for this and
Legle steps up when Javert’s first being surrounded
but then it’s Marius , Father Hucheloup, and some randos actually tying him up
and it’s mostly …Marius…
Marius Pontmercy what kind of books have you been translating
But presumably Javert was untied from the pillar when he was taken out back to be executed, in which case …
The reader will by now have no doubt come to the conclusion that the barricade shibari expert was none other than Jean Valjean.
Oh goodness me how could this have happened. Maybe charging $30 for a mediocre movie on a streaming service people are already paying for was a bad idea.
boy howdy I sure hope they don’t do the thing where they intentionally set up a story to fail and then blame it on things that were actually good like east asian-inspired lore and female-prominent cast
I of course know objectively that the whole Suez thing is real bad and everything, but the sheer fucking comedy in the fact that one (1) ship and a little wind can bring fully 10% of Maritime trade grinding to a messy gridlocked halt is both a reflection on the incredible fragility of our infrastructure and just so so fucking funny to me.
Like if you told people before this that one ship and a bad day could shut down 10% of global maritime trade for who the fuck knows how long, they’d have written you off as ridiculous.
This does, on the other hand, bring up fun group activities that you and your mutuals can do if you can get 20 of you together to crew a massive container cargo ship.
more of you should be taking vitamin D supplements
sincerely. especially after this year of being in quarantine. more people should be taking vitamin D daily
my good dude do not hide this in the tags, and i’ll explain before everyone asks: vitamin D deficiency increases your likelihood of upper respiratory infections. so it’s not that vitamin D will cure you of COVID, but that it will help prevent you from being susceptible to contracting it (along with all other measures) and help you fight it if you do contract it as it stops an exaggerated inflammatory response!
take vitamin D supplements kids!!!
Today, in my school, we had a discussion about the violence against members of the AAPI community.
we discussed several things, several stereotypes and harmful words and of course: the attacks.
but if you hear nothing, i want people to know this. a chinese-american girl made an address to us and her voice was shaking. she was hurt and has been hurt. and she said this:
“people need to understand that there are people who think, who feel like it’s okay, to hurt and kill people who look like me. people who look and act like what a white person thinks someone from china looks like. and that is dangerous.”