Echo’s face when Wrecker talk nonsense XD
Thinking about Boba inheriting his grandpa’s derelict farm on Concord Dawn. Thinking about him finding a bunch of actual books packed away into a box in the cellar and just…vibrating with glee
A short list of things boba might find on his ancestral farm, based on the random shit I found accidentally walking through abandoned ranches and cleaning out the old Iowa Family Farm:
- So Much Fucking Barbed Wire, in so many places Barbed Wire has no business being
- Incogruous Peacock. It makes a loyal guard animal if you can befriend it, and survive the initial assault.
- Family Quilt that was made over 100 years ago that seems both impossibly frail and totally indestructible, who has a smell that’s impossible to describe but feels like an emotional gutpunch.
- Feral and extremely territorial bull. It cannot be befriended. Also, cattle are a lot harder to kill than one might at first imagine, even with a Carbine Rifle.
- The Family Lineage, written in the margins of the family religious text.
- The Family Scandals, written in the margins of the much more useful Family Cookbook
- Slightly Radioactive dishware
- Feral Mutant Crops doing horrible yet wondrous things now that they’ve had a few decades to get established. There are things man should not see in squash form.
- At least one tree in the process of consuming a tractor
- Barn Cat that has decided it is done with this “Outdoors” thing and gets into your vehicle the moment it’s open and draws blood if you attempt to remove it
- children’s toys hidden in strange places- genuinely, it’s straight-up plausible to find his father’s diary or cigar box full of boyhood treasures, like slingshots and funny rocks.
- Ye Olde Outhouse
- feral and possibly inbred chickens
- several vehicles of various ages, types and states of repair
- a machine shop that has an undefinable but addictive smell and tools you have never seen before
- a weird contraption that looks like a bike attached to a couple of homemade pontoons and a paddle wheel in the loft of the barn (which my grandpa actually made and used to peddle around the sloo)
Things I’ve found on my own farm boba might find on his
- silverware in the creek
- various types of bottles and glassware
- the old weed grove
- old coins in between the floorboards
- random family photos in the woods of people your not related to
- porcelain and pottery shards EVERYWHERE
- the stuffed head of a wild boar
- something wrapped in plastic that’s brown and oozing that we’re gonna pretend we didn’t see
- a pile of old roof shingles
- a rare type of rock formation not native to the area
- a well not makes on the property map that my mother fell through
- silverware in the garden
- very old plastic Godzilla found while digging a garden
- frog shrine by the pond built by the neighborhood kids
- huge patches of wild bulb flowers
- the bones of what we’re going to assume is a cat under the chicken coop
- peeling paint that peels off in sheets to reveal the original hand paintings of a child’s nursery
- old letters to the rest of the family overseas
- the diary of a distant uncle who was held in a pow camp during the civil war
- pigs that find and bring you bottles for fun
- cats. everywhere
- a random cellar in the woods we try to forget
- overgrown groves of fruit trees
- a book filled with various fun little stories of things that happened to the family, like the story of how your great grandfather shot the neighbors turkey on a Sunday morning from the second story window because his brothers dared him to and his father was the game warden and he saw them shoot it so they had to eat it that afternoon and they had to get rid of the body before anyone found out so they dug up a fence post and put it under the post and then later that week the neighbor came over and asked if they had seen his turkey and the whole family lied through their teeth and said no, or how your great grandparents met at a pickle factory
- rings of grass that grows way shorter than the rest of the grass around it
- the feeling of being watched by the woods before the hours of 5 pm and 4 am
- Porcelain doll head and toy trucks in the creek
- axe and shove heads throughout the property
- an old notebook your dad scribbled in instead of taking notes during class
- big ol’ moss carpet cleaning
- ferns 6 foot tall by the swampy part of the creek
- random metal parts and pieces FREAKING EVERYWHERE
- old video recordings of the family
- wood bees in the garage roof
- animal prints in the cement porch
- the old sealed up well uNDER THE KITCHEN FLOOR
Things I think would give a clone trooper a stroke on contact
1. Welcome to Nightvale podcast
2. Oscilloscope music
3. Double sided 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles
4. A McDonalds sprite
5. Pop rocks
7. Bass boosted music
8. Baked beans
9. 5 gum
10. A room full of band kids
11. Any Lemon Demon song
12. A lick of diet coke.
13. FNAF lore
14. Listening to any hyper pop song ever
16. Quantum physics
17. Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
18. Horror violin sound effects
19. Color theory
20. Overkill by RIOT
21. A ghost pepper
22. Stepping on a lego
23. Asiago cheese
24. The state of Florida
25. Any kind of supernatural myths
26. Knowing how long transformers canonically live
27. The knowledge of how many species of bugs there are
28. Order sixty six
Please feel free to add your own!
29. Chili Chips
30. Those chocolate eggs filled with caramel
31. Christmas lights (you know, that really aggressive kind)
32. (Their design in the clone wars)
33. People who flirt back at them
35. The milk/cereal debate
37. People with allergies who refuse to acknowledge they are allergic (you know who you are)
38. Periods (and their side effects)
39. Christmas shopping
40. Witchcraft and Witches (just imagine them being given a crystal for cleansing or being given a Tarot reading)
41. Birthday parties
42. Kazoos and recorders
44. That Sailor Trooper cosplay thing
46. Those plasma ball things
47. Spicy food in general
50. Christmas crackers
51. Fine glitter
52. Someone wearing a t-shirt in a snowstorm
53. Mario Kart
54. Deep fried mars bar
55. Drinking water right after chewing mint gum
58. The concept of aesthetics
59. The American lawn
60. How WiFi and Bluetooth work
67. How dams are made
66. The show how it’s made.
68. Makeup art
69. A market place
70. Book stores
71. Collectors items series
73. Fake plants
76. any and every social construct ever
78. Every ocean creature
79. The Fibonacci fractal
80. How pregnancy works
I headcanon that Rex and a bunch of Shinies have had to deliver a baby before and the only one of them that isn’t freaking out is literally the woman in labor.
Woman: “Remain calm.”
Rex: IM CALM EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP
Woman: (in active labor) take deep breaths u should be fine
Rex: *almost passes out*
Women: “the baby’s almost here”
Rex: *high pitched screaming *
Shiny 1: *faints*
Shiny 2: “WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE THAT WHAT IS HAPPENING WHAT DO WE DO”
Shiny 3: *hyperventilating*
Shiny 4: *franticly searching the holonet for simple five step instructions on how to deliver a baby*
But I think a good scenario for this to happen in would be if the 501st was helping escort civilians it of danger zones and this woman just went into labor, and the 501st only has like, 5 field medics, so their were no medics available so they had to do it themselves as hope for the best.
Kix shows up when they reach a safe area after everything and sees all five of his vode staring in shock as they take turns holding the baby, mom just smiling, tired but healthy.
Kix: I was expecting worse. *Checks on mom and baby* hope they didn’t cause too much trouble.
Woman: oh this is my fourth baby, it was a breeze!
Kix: I meant them. *points to the sobbing rex and shinies*
Woman: … They kept me laughing?
Sad Rex imagines time
1. Rex wanting to get away from everyone because he’s stressed but doesn’t have anywhere to go where he won’t be bothered so he hides in a storage closet at the end of a lesser used hall.
2. Rex is naturally blond and when he was a cadet his batch was all normal, so they kinda shunned him and bullied him because being defective is highly frowned upon in clone culture.
3. I headcanon that Rex had a little brain damage from being yeeted every 2 seconds over 3 years which caused his chip to not work properly. Rex probably also suffers from chronic pain from all the injuries he’s sustained and then had healed in a matter of days because of bacta tanks.
4. Imagine after Fives death and it’s only Kix and Jesse left, Rex tries to make new friends with some shines, and then he sees them all die in their first battle and he gives up on trying to make new friends.
5. After Tup and Fives deaths the information on how they died is classified and Rex isn’t allowed to tell Jesse and Kix how they died so they get into an argument about it and end up not speaking to each other for a long while. Its not until much later when Jesse request for ARK training that start speaking again, but they act like their walking on eggshells when their around each other. Jesse only wanted training because he promised Fives a long time ago he’d look out for Rex if anything happened to him, and he doesn’t want Fives to come back and haunt him because he didn’t keep his promise.
6. Once on a mission Rex had to be left behind because they were ambushed and he got injured in the process. Nobody was able to go get him because they had to keep moving and Rex was captured. The whole time he was captured he didn’t think anyone would come to get him because he was just one clone.
7. Cody and Rex fought over Fives case, Rex somewhat believed Fives was right, but Cody didn’t believe it at all. Things got heated and things they didn’t mean were said, what ended it was Cody suggesting Rex was too emotionally unstable and threatened to send him back to Kamino. Rex was quite taken aback by this and left without another word, but they didn’t speak at all after that and then order 66 happened and they lost contact completely.
8. As a cadet Rex’s trainers were harder on him and would give him lower scores than the rest because of his blond hair which made him defective. This caused Rex to have a lot of anxiety as a cadet, as he was constantly threatened with decommissioning for not having a high enough scores.
9. He feels really guilty about dogma, like really guilty. It should have been him to pull the trigger but it wasn’t, and now Dogmas gone and he feels it’s his fault. He understood how Dogma felt, obey orders or face being decommissioned, it’s how he felt back at the beginning of the war. He would have taken Dogma under his wing and showed him it was ok to lighten up a little. But Dogmas gone, and it was his fault.
10. Has a phobia of wide open spaces, since he grew up on Kamino and in an in closed area his whole life, so when he suddenly placed in the vast expanse of space it didn’t sit very well with him.
11. Rex and Anakin were friends but were never close until ahsoka left. Rex felt that it was only the loss of ahsokas company that brought anakin to seek his presence. He just felt like filler for ahsoka.
12. Clones don’t get sick easily, their immune to most known pathogens, but Rex can get so stressed his body can’t take it and he becomes ill.
13. Rex has major survivors guilt way before order 66 happened but after the order it got much worse.
14. Rex and Wolffe fought too. Wolffe was upset and thought ahsoka had betrayed them and had killed their brothers, but Rex knew she would never. When it came out ahsoka wasn’t guilty things were awkward between them. Wolffe and Rex were close since they’ve known each other on Kamino.
15. Ahsoka never said goodbye to Rex when she left and he was upset about it because he felt he didn’t mean enough to her to warrant a fair well.
Sorry for being angsty city on main, Im sad and my favorite trope is hurt no comfort because I need therapy. Anyway, feel free to add your own!
Toot toot, the angst train is arriving
16. After fives death Fox feels guilty and thinks Rex hates him, but Rex avoids him because he thinks Fox will try to justify his actions, and Rex is just tired of fighting with his brothers. But Rex could never bring himself to hate Fox for his actions. Not after Umbara. Not after Waxer. That would make him a hypocrite.
17. After order 66 in the crash Rex lost what little belongings he had, along with all his pictures of his brothers and friends he made during the war.
18. Rex has gotten so many injury’s in various times in his life he has a good amount of nerve damage, so sometimes when he gets injured he doesn’t really notice because he can’t feel it.
19. In the days following the order, after ahsoka has left, him Rex is completely and utterly alone. He has no one left, he’s lost everything. He figures the only good thing about being alone is no one can hear your heart wrenching sobs.
20. Doom ALSO fought with Rex after fives death. Doom and his general had been good friends, and the general had treated the clones well. Doom was quite pissed when one of Rex’s men just decided to go awol guns blazing. The argument was more Doom yelling and Rex taking a verbal beating. Rex figured he deserved it anyway, he was already sure somehow Tup was his fault. Why hadn’t he seen the signs? If he’d spent more time with his men, payed attention to where his men were in that battle, maybe things would be different.
21. Rex thinks everything is his fault. Rex has depression.
22. Once on a battlefield when the fighting was over, Rex was aiding the medics in treating the wounded and encountered a wounded shiny. The shiny had sustained too much damage and was nearing the end. Before the shiny passed he took a photo out of the breast plate of his armor and asked Rex to give it to his batch mates. Rex didn’t have the heart to tell the kid that everyone in this squadron was dead, but he told him he’d give it to them. Rex was never able to identify the shinys batch mates because they were fresh from Kamino so no one in the battalion knew them, and those who did know them were dead. Rex ended up keeping the photo, and would look at it from time to time, would study the faces of five shinys, sorrow at the excitement shining in their eyes at the thought of their first battle.
23. Rex grew up faster than most clones on Kamino. With trainers breathing down his throat ready for the moment he messed up ready to ridicule him for being defective, and Kamino scientists having no problem with dissecting him for science, he always had to be on his toes and be at his best. This caused him to be uptight and straight to the point as a cadet.
24. Rex hates being embarrassed or the center of attention, back on Kamino a lot of trainers and clones liked to pick on him and intentionally humiliate him. He also gets second hand embarrassment pretty easily. This makes it hard for him to ask for things he wants or not feel like he’s bothering people for just existing.
25. He often hid any injury he could and would sneak off and hide to treat himself, thinking his brothers need medical attention more than he does, he’s less important.
26. Disassociation, insomnia, panic and anxiety attacks, sleep walking, and intrusive thoughts can be attributed to having ptsd.
27. Rex and a small squad of troopers once got separated from their main platoon and got lost. They ended up in civilian territory somehow, but the civilians didn’t agree with that, since the war was devastating their homes. Soon a crowd developed which then turned into an angry mob. Pretty soon they were having rocks, tools and various other items thrown at them. The troopers didn’t want to hurt the civilians since they were taught not to do so in training, so they didn’t fight back. They tried to escape and push through the crowd, but suddenly a shot rang out and one of the troopers dropped. They had tried to grab the trooper but the crowd was too thick and the trooper quickly got underfoot and they had to leave him as they made their escape. That was when Rex really started to question what the purpose of this war was.
28. Rex can sing well enough, but only does so when they are able to hold a rare funeral for their fallen vod.
29. Rex never officially got transferred to officer training on Kamino because he didn’t have high enough scores, but he would have if the trainers didn’t take off points from his scores because he was defective.
30. He blaimes himself for hevy’s death as well, he thinks it should have been his job as a seasoned officer to have made sure those charges worked. A rookie mistake that cost him a good trooper.
31. He hates it when Anakin drags him to a senate gala because he always get corner be senators who only make degrading comments, ask about how he was made, disrespect his accomplishments, or just general aim to humiliate him.
32. After the order when he found Wolffe and Gregor he was kinda the glue of the group, the mom friend, the emotional mediator at the time. Wolffe was wracked with guilt, anxiety, and self doubt. And Gregor was, well, Gregor. Rex felt like it was his job to take care of them and keep them safe.
33. On the rare occasion Rex did need to vent to someone it was either Kix or Hardcase. Kix because he was understanding and level headed, hardcase because he was a good friend, but usually forgot what you said by the end of the day. After Hardcase was gone it was just Kix, but he felt like he bothered the medic and distracted him from his work too much.
Apologies for the emotional damage caused I caused you, my mother didn’t hold me enough as a child.
So I have this headcanon that after Cody adopts this little mutated CT cadet with something to prove to be his official Little Brother™️ and Alpha-17 is just like “yeah okay so this is happening”, all the other CC class clones in Cody’s batch also end up adopting Rex to be the official Little Brother™️. And even though they aren’t quite as open about it, Fox, Bly, Wolffe, and Ponds are just as protective of Rex as Cody is but they’re better at hiding it. Fox in particular is a little gruff and a little rough with emotions so he doesn’t always know how to show he cares but he calls Rex “blondie” and smirks when the kid sasses Cody and Wolffe and stands in the background and glares at anyone, even the long necks, who tries to mess with his vod’ika just for being who he is. And it’s okay because Rex will smile that megawatt grin at him and Fox knows that he’s doing right by his brother.
And then after they all get their assignments, Fox has to deal with the anxiety and stress that comes with watching all his brothers go off to fight in the war while he’s stationed on Coruscant running the Guard and protecting the Chancellor. And of course it doesn’t help that he’s working directly under a Sith Lord, he sees the darker mechanizations that go on in the background, hears the words that are said behind closed doors, the plans that are made under the table, but what is there that he can do about it when he’s just a clone? Who would believe one lowly clone versus the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic.
Not to mention, Palpatine doesn’t need the chip in Fox’s brain to control him, not at first. The Jedi would never use the Force to get the clones to do their bidding, but Palpatine has no problem subtly controlling his commander, gaslighting him, making him question whether what he saw or heard was real or not, makes him forget long swaths of time where if Fox thinks too hard about it it just gives him a headache and makes his hands shake and his skin break out in a cold sweat. We saw the way Fox flinched back from Anakin in To Catch a Jedi not just once, but twice, and Fox doesn’t work enough with the Jedi to know that Anakin might be angry but he wouldn’t hurt Fox, especially when he’s seen how close Anakin is to the Chancellor. His only true experience with the Force is the Dark Side, even if he doesn’t recognize it as such.
Fast forward to an abandoned warehouse on Coruscant. He doesn’t really remember much about how he got here or what he’s doing. All he knows is that his men are stony and quiet around him and Rex, his little blondie, is on the ground clutching Fives, the fugitive, Rex’s vod’ika, sobbing into his chest where the blaster bolt wound is still burning and Fox is holding the smoking blaster.
He tries to talk to Rex, to figure out what the hell had happened, what the hell did Fox do, why wasn’t his blaster set to stun, why wasn’t his blaster set to stun—
Commander Fox, execute ARC-5555. Make sure he is not taken alive.
But his men are pulling him back, telling him they need to report back to the Chancellor, and Fox watches as General Skywalker leads Rex back to their speeder, gently pries Rex’s hands from Fives body as the Guard take the body away to be disposed of.
When he tells the Chancellor that Fives is dead the man looks grim but his eyes are bright with poorly concealed glee as he nods yes, it is good that such a dangerous traitor has been taken down and is no longer a threat to your brothers or the Republic and Fox’s head throbs and he feels like he’s going to throw up but he nods and leaves the office feeling like he’s missing something, something vital.
He tries to comm Rex but Rex doesn’t answer, even when Fox knows the 501st is back on Coruscant. He tries to talk to Bly or Wolffe or Ponds about it but they weren’t there, they don’t see it, they didn’t see the look in Rex’s eyes as he held his dying brother or the frown on his face when he looked at Fox as Skywalker led him away. He just needs time to process, they tell him, you know how much the twins meant to him and now they’re both gone. But it’s more than that, Fox needs to understand, needs Rex to understand that he would never do this to him on purpose, he would never hurt his little brother like that, would never betray the closest family and the only people he truly trusts in such a way and he doesn’t know why he did it.
Finally Fox gets an incredibly rare day off rotation when the 501st and the 212th are both planet side in the GAR barracks and he decides it’s time to pay his brothers a visit, it’s time to take action and take matters into his own hands. Except when he gets to the GAR and he finds Rex in the mess… Rex looks at him and suddenly looks so exhausted, so drained, so physically pained that it takes Fox’s breath away and he turns and leaves before Rex can open his mouth and say the words that Fox knows are coming but is too much of a coward to let himself hear.
And that’s how Cody finds Fox, dressed in civvies and curled up in a ball on the ground of his room. His body is shaking and his hands are clutching at his long curly hair and he’s hyperventilating near on the verge of tears. He’s so tired, he’s so done, he doesn’t know what to do, there’s nothing he can do—
I don’t know what I’m doing, I can’t keep doing this. I killed Fives. I killed Fives and Rex h-hates me, Rex’ika hates me, I can’t—
And Cody can’t do anything but hold onto him and try to assure him that Rex does not hate him, he’s just hurt and sad and he needs time to process it but he doesn’t hate Fox, could never hate his ori’vod.
But Fox just shakes his head because he knows, he knows something isn’t right and he hurt one of the people he swore on his life he would do anything to protect and he doesn’t know what to do anymore, nothing is right anymore, everything is wrong, it’s all wrong wrong wrong—
And months later, when Rex is flying off that Sith damned moon in his and Ahsoka’s Y-wing, he thinks about Fox, his ori’vod who served under Chancellor Pal— Emperor Palpatine, Lord Sideous — the dispassionate way he told the Guard to shoot down Ahsoka on Coruscant, the blankness in his voice when he told Fives to put the blasters down next to Jesse’s detached voice when he told the 332nd to open fire, the way Fox’s hands shook and the aborted step toward him when Rex walked away with the General, the ignored coms, seeing Fox that day in the mess when he ran before Rex could say anything, and his head throbs and his heart aches when he realizes all these little things, these tiny signs of deceit, of betrayal, had been right there in front of him the whole time, but he’d been too blinded by his feelings to see it.
Maybe the Kaminoans were still working out the kinks so none of the Alpha class have them or maybe A-17 just got too many concussions or maybe he just didn’t answer his comm that day but ANYWAY i think that after Order 66 went out and the Empire rose Alpha got Strong Vibes that shit was About to Go Down re: the clones still on Kamino, and just gathered as many little brothers as he could and yote himself out of there with a school bus full of identical children.
and he just fucks off as far into the outer rim as possible and sets up on a random planet to farm space berries or whatever and just tells the locals “yes these are all my children and i am a perfectly normal adult human” (and i also think it’s very funny that Alpha spent most of the war on Kamino and therefore has the LEAST experience interacting with civilians and has NO IDEA how civilians are supposed to act) but anyway he’s just raising an entire platoon of baby brothers and every so often he shows up at the local grocery store trailing kids like ducklings and empties the entire cereal aisle
Obi-Wan: Wow, sure is dark in here.
Alpha-17: I got this, General. *picks up waxer and shakes him like a soda*
Waxer: *throws up something glowing green and pink*
Obi-Wan: What the fuck???
Alpha-17: He ate like, a pound of those fireflies outside.
Obi-Wan: *big sigh* the ones I specifically told you to keep him from eating?
Alpha-17: lol ya
Despite herself, Doc Ock is flattered that Miles is a fan of her lectures. He considers her cool, even if she nearly tried to kill him and Peter.
They have something called the Lecture Truce. If he’s doing schoolwork, she won’t attack him in costume. But she will demand to check his work before he hands it in. Miles would find it weird, except he wants to apply for advanced science programs and needs the letter of recommendation.
whatever you do, don’t think about captain rex’s first night alone after order 66. anakin is gone, ahsoka is gone, his brothers are gone. he’s on his own for probably the first time in his life. no one is coming to get him. they either think he’s a traitor or dead, and he can’t figure out which is worse. the closest thing he ever had to a family and a home have been obliterated. he can barely process what happened with the chips, all he knows was that fives was right. he is left with his grief, regret, and the reality that he has no idea what is going to happen next. whatever you do don’t think about that
some rex headcanons:
- low tolerance for social embarrassment
- i dont believe in strict introvert/extrovert cateogories but he’s a hair on the introverted side
- absolutely doesn’t like socializing with civilians because he feels like a fish out of water
- he is NOT the pursuer in any sort of romantic situation idc what anyone says if someone likes him and it’s mutual he clams up and RUNS
- he’s pretty good friends with padme. not like drinking buddy friends, more like they both go to the weird health food stores she frequents to make like kombucha from scratch and homemade bread and they talk about anakin
- absolutely blames himself for not stopping Order 66 even though he knows there’s nothing he could have done
- hates fish
- hates to ask for the things he wants
- loves cuddling though so you can imagine how that goes down
- likes the crunchy kind of cookies
Rex: *after leading a group of clones into a room with the promise of donuts* You are all now fully trapped in here until you answer my questions.
Wolffe: …I could probably break out if I wanted to.
Cody: But he gave us cake. We can just ignore him until we’re full.
Ponds: Full, but also too sick to move. Cruel, brother.
Wolffe: No, I’m sure we could break out of here. It’s only him guarding the door.
Rex: Incorrect. Generals Kenobi and Skywalker are outside. They haven’t slept in four days and I hid the caff.
Cody: *quietly weeping into his hands* Bloodthirsty monsters gonna kill you if you leave, Wolffe. Don’t be a hero, it’s not worth it!
Ponds: *eating more donuts and ignoring them all*
Specifically this one:
Tags (let me know if you want to be added to my art posts): @notreallybeccab
“8-8:30 is Rex time.”
😂😂 And what does Rex do during “Rex time”?
Yo yo yo!! What’s poppin’ y’all? Guess what? Chapter 6, the final chapter, of ‘Compass & Anchor’ has been posted on Ao3 by none other than @meridiansdominoes and I!! Whoo whoo!!! This calls for celebration!! This fanfic was written for Fives’ week, organized by @cassandras-nest (Originally painkiller80) back in July. This baby, like many of its siblings, is full of drama and action!!
Will Echo and Fives manage to escape Techno Union? Will they escape unscathed? Find out in this chapter today!! Enjoy!
Thank you for all your wonderful support!
It’s finished!!!! Go check it out!
I am IN THIS for the God Tier Obi Wan and Padme booze and bitch sessions with meditation breaks and sobbing.
I offer this hasty sketch to this god-tier au
Ahsoka always gets this wolfish grin on her face whenever she and Padme are assigned to protect Anakin because sure, Padme occasionally gets into aggressive negotions but mostly is pretty calm. Anakin, though?
Padme: Really, Ahsoka, I don’t see why you’re so eager for a dull bodyguard assingment with Anak—uh, Senetor Skywalker.
Ahsoka: The last time we were supposed to have a “dull assignment” with Skywalker he called Grievous “dooku’s punk clanker bitch” and blew up half his fleet.
Padme: I’m aware. I’m the one who had to duel Grievous while you held Skywalker back.
Ahsoka: And it was dope.
The best part is the fact that Anakins not even like a tactful senator. He’s super popular but he and Padme have the exact same negotiation styles as they do in the normal canon
Senator: *starts insulting someone Anakin loves*
Anakin: *pulls out a gun on the Senate floor* say it again
I’ll have the fic on your desk by Monday
AU where Padme is a Jedi and Ahsoka is her padawan.
“THIS UNSETTLINGLY STRONG FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD” IM CRYING
If I had to see these and get punched right in the feels like Cutup did by Bric so do you guys
As always, feel free to download as long as you rb (though I don’t think you’ll want to download most of the ones in today’s set)
Okay, here’s a non-angst shot to start us off before we get into it
Somehow, I’m capable of taking pictures of him right before something bad happens… (iykyk)
(I warned you)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Note: S7 E09 - S7 E12 take place at the same time as Episode III: Revenge of the Sith)
- S2 E16 Cat and Mouse
- S1 E16 The Hidden Enemy
- MOVIE Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- S3 E01 Clone Cadets
- S3 E03 Supply Lines
- S1 E01 Ambush
- S1 E02 Rising Malevolence
- S1 E03 Shadow of Malevolence
- S1 E04 Destroy Malevolence
- S1 E05 Rookies
- S1 E06 Downfall of a Droid
- S1 E07 Duel of the Droids
- S1 E08 Bombad Jedi
- S1 E09 Cloak of Darkness
- S1 E10 Lair of Grievous
- S1 E11 Dooku Captured
- S1 E12 The Gungan General
- S1 E13 Jedi Crash
- S1 E14 Defenders of Peace
- S1 E15 Trespass
- S1 E17 Blue Shadow Virus
- S1 E18 Mystery of the Thousand Moons
- S1 E19 Storm over Ryloth
- S1 E20 Innocents of Ryloth
- S1 E21 Liberty on Ryloth
- S2 E01 Holocron Heist
- S2 E02 Cargo of Doom
- S2 E03 Children of the Force
- S2 E17 Bounty Hunters
- S2 E18 The Zilo Beast
- S2 E19 The Zilo Beast Strikes Back
- S2 E04 Senate Spy
- S2 E05 Landing at Point Rain
- S2 E06 Weapons Factory
- S2 E07 Legacy of Terror
- S2 E08 Brain Invaders
- S2 E09 Grievous Intrigue
- S2 E10 The Deserter
- S2 E11 Lightsaber Lost
- S2 E12 The Mandalore Plot
- S2 E13 Voyage of Temptation
- S2 E14 Duchess of Mandalore
- S2 E20 Death Trap
- S2 E21 R2 Come Home
- S2 E22 Lethal Trackdown
- S3 E05 Corruption
- S3 E06 The Academy
- S3 E07 Assassin
- S3 E02 ARC Troopers
- S3 E04 Sphere of Influence
- S3 E08 Evil Plans
- S1 E22 Hostage Crisis
- S3 E09 Hunt for Ziro
- S3 E10 Heroes on Both Sides
- S3 E11 Pursuit of Peace
- S2 E15 Senate Murders
- S2 E12 Nightsisters
- S3 E13 Monster
- S3 E14 Witches of the Mist
- S3 E15 Overlords
- S3 E16 Altar of Mortis
- S3 E17 Ghosts of Mortis
- S3 E18 The Citadel
- S3 E19 Counterattack
- S3 E20 Citadel Rescue
- S3 E21 Padawan Lost
- S3 E22 Wookiee Hunt
- S4 E01 Water War
- S4 E02 Gungan Attack
- S4 E03 Prisoners
- S4 E04 Shadow Warrior
- S4 E05 Mercy Mission
- S4 E06 Nomad Droids
- S4 E07 Darkness on Umbara
- S4 E08 The General
- S4 E09 Plan of Dissent
- S4 E10 Carnage of Krell
- S4 E11 Kidnapped
- S4 E12 Slaves of the Republic
- S4 E13 Escape from Kadavo
- S4 E14 A Friend in Need
- S4 E15 Deception
- S4 E16 Friends and Enemies
- S4 E17 The Box
- S4 E18 Crisis on Naboo
- S4 E19 Massacre
- S4 E20 Bounty
- S4 E21 Brothers
- S4 E22 Revenge
- S5 E02 A War on Two Fronts
- S5 E03 Front Runners
- S5 E04 The Soft War
- S5 E05 Tipping Points
- S5 E06 The Gathering
- S5 E07 A Test of Strength
- S5 E08 Bound for Rescue
- S5 E09 A Necessary Bond
- S5 E10 Secret Weapons
- S5 E11 A Sunny Day in the Void
- S5 E12 Missing in Action
- S5 E13 Point of No Return
- S5 E01 Revival
- S5 E14 Eminence
- S5 E15 Shades of Reason
- S5 E16 The Lawless
- S5 E17 Sabotage
- S5 E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
- S5 E19 To Catch a Jedi
- S5 E20 The Wrong Jedi
- S6 E01 The Unknown
- S6 E02 Conspiracy
- S6 E03 Fugitive
- S6 E04 Orders
- S6 E05 An Old Friend
- S6 E06 The Rise of Clovis
- S6 E07 Crisis at the Heart
- S6 E08 The Disappeared: Part 1
- S6 E09 The Disappeared: Part 2
- S6 E10 The Lost One
- S6 E11 Voices
- S6 E12 Destiny
- S6 E13 Sacrifice
- S7 E05 Gone with a Trace
- S7 E06 Deal No Deal
- S7 E07 Dangerous Debt
- S7 E08 Together Again
- S7 E01 The Bad Batch
- S7 E02 A Distant Echo
- S7 E03 On the Wings of Keeradaks
- S7 E04 Unfinished Business
19 BBY (Concurrent with Episode III: Revenge of the Sith):
- S7 E09 Old Friends Not Forgotten
- S7 E10 The Phantom Apprentice
- S7 E11 Shattered
- S7 E12 Victory and Death
Spark bonds are essentially, Cybertronian relationships. There are many types of bonds, just as many as there are types of relationship, and no two Cybertronians experience or view bonds the same way. There are hundreds of types of bonds, but most share a few general traits. Most bonds allow mecha to project feelings and emotions across the bond, and sense their bondmates’ emotions in return. Most also allow communication, which is essentially telepathy, but restricted to those in a bond. Distance is not a factor in this. Almost every type of bond (with the exception of one, Cognatio) allows memory projection, which is letting another experience your memories from your perspective. When two mecha are bonded, swirls of spark energy that match the color of their bondmates’ spark(s) swirl around their own. There are too many bond types to name, but here are the most well-known ones:
Gemin Endura: The official term for split-spark bonds is Gemin Endura, but most prefer to use the simpler term. It cannot be muted, and emotions cannot be hidden. If it’s more than two, it’s called a Gestalt, and the emotional projection is weakened. These bonds are almost exclusively found in Warframes, as civilian frames’ sparks are typically too weak to split, with the exception of large ships and shuttles. Due to the lack of emotional privacy, twins tend to either have great relationships, or horrendously terrible ones. Many twins share a resentment for one another, but breaking twin bonds is heavily discouraged by most cultures.
Trinum Endura: A Trinum, or Trine bond is similar to a split-spark bond, but feelings can be hidden and muted at will, and is willingly formed. The term Trinum does not refer to split-spark triplets, though they are still considered trines. This bond type is exclusive to Seekers, and can only support three mecha. One’s Trinemates are typically referred to as Wingmates, Wingsiblings, Wingbrothers or Wingsisters depending on their pronouns. Trine bonds have a very important place in Vosian culture, as ones Trinemates are considered their family, but they are encouraged to be broken if unhealthy. Vosians, unlike most other cultures, prize familial bonds over romantic bonds. You are expected to live with your Trine or Amica in Vos.
Fratres Endura: A Fratres Endura is found primarily amongst carformers and other grounders. It’s a form of sibling bond, familial in nature— it’s essentially declaring someone your brother, sister, or sibling forever. Communication is possible through the bond, as is divulging feelings and sending emotions and memories through. It is remarkably similar to a twin bond, save for the fact that the participants can choose what goes through and what does not, allowing them privacy of their emotions and minds.
Vecto Endura: This bond type is found amongst speedsters, bikes, and other lightweight racers. It’s pseudo-familial, blurring the lines between kin and friend. It’s not as deep as some others, participants can only feel a hint of the others’ emotions bleeding through, and communication is limited to short sentences. Vecto bonds are viewed by Nyonian and Altihexian (the cities it appears in) cultures as forming a pact with a group of friends and swearing to stay together for life. It’s quite common amongst racing teams, and childhood friends.
Cognatio Endura: This bond is familial in nature as well, and all frametypes being capable of it. It is the bond between a caretaker and their wards. It isn’t formed with spark to spark contact, instead being formed by a caretaker holding a sparkling close. A Cognatio bond is not very deep, at most allowing feeling projection, and it fades with age. By the time a sparkling can properly speak, it’s gone.
Storge Endura: Storge a Endura is a form of Cognatio Endura, but this bond is far closer and is done when a ward and caretaker wish to remain close even into the ward’s adulthood. In some cultures, this bond type is quite common, as mecha are expected to remain close with family, but in others, where less emphasis is placed on family, this bond type is incredibly rare. This bond allows communication and feeling projection, and is as deep as an Amica or Fratres bond.
Conjunx Endura: Conjunx bonds are purely romantic, and formed between committed lovers. Conjunx rites vary wildly across Cybertron, and the cultural associations of them vary as well. Most cultures do not place them as the most important bond type, with some cities such as Vos devaluing them in favor of familial bonds such as Trine or Fratres bonds. Conjunx bonds are exclusively formed willingly, and can be broken by one member alone. In most cities, breaking a conjunx bond is never something to be judged for, whether the relationship was toxic, or merely unfulfilling. Conjunx bonds, along with many other types can cause “echoes” when broken via death.
Binary Bond: A binary bond is done between a Gunformer and their close partner. Each individual bond can only support one Gunformer and one non-Gunformer, and allows communication, feeling projection, and some pain projection. Binary bonds are entirely platonic in nature, but are still considered incredibly important bonds. To a Gunformer (and their partner) they are a life-defining thing, and never taken lightly in any way, shape, or form. To casually suggest that two mecha are in a binary bond is considered deeply offensive to Gunformers. In general, Gunformers are quite picky about those they let touch them, let alone handle them— a bond that involves their very soul is a very particular thing. Many of them will live with or beside a binary bonded partner, and may form bonds besides the Binary bond (such as Fratres or Amica) with their partner.
Amica Endura: Amica Endura bonds are deeply personal bonds between close friends. They can go just as deep and be just as personal as any other type of bond (including conjunx bonds) and are frequently valued just as much as, if not more, than other types. Living with ones Amicas is common, and encouraged in many city-states. Amica bonds can occasionally blur the lines between romantic and platonic.
“Echoes” are a phenomena that occurs when close bonds are broken via death. Almost all bonds allow sharing of memories and feelings— “echoes” are the post-mortem remnants of that ability. Most bonds (save for Storge) are made by exchanging pieces of the spark, which manifests as swirls of the one’s spark color spinning around and mixing with the spark of their bonded’s. When bonds are broken willingly, the spark energy dissipates. Sometimes, when a bond is broken in a painful, abrupt, or traumatic way, the spark energy of the deceased remains in their bondmate’s spark(s). This can cause the bondmates to receive the final memories of the spark, often repeatedly. They live an “echo” of their bonded’s death. This is a rare phenomenon, but it is becoming much more common due to the war.
— Authored by Decepticon Seeker Bitstream, edited by Decepticon electronic warfare officer Red Wing
These are my favorite head canons so far!
Worldbuilding: Quintus Technologies
In some ways, Quintus Technologies of TFMR is like M.E.C.H in TFP. Major difference is that Quintus Tech is not a bunch of bad guys who bot-naps Cybertronians. In fact, they are more like a group of nerds who formed some sort of cult revolving around technological advancement. They aren’t necessarily villains, as all they want to do is to make cool stuff and rather not do crimes like kidnap an alien robot to dissect them. They do some major damage later in the plot though, but maybe that’s more of their “overly successful” programming project’s fault.
Many people speculated that ww3 will revert humanity back to stone age. Turns out, humans were more resilient than they thought. Although they have lost a large portion of technological wonders they cherished due to nuclear war, the remnants they found were enough to give them hints how to rebuild their world to former glory.
During the transitioning period from post-apocalyptic wreckage to somewhat stabilized state, many people dedicated their lives to restoring lost technologies. Some of them turned it into business, and some survived long enough to become today’s equivalent of major companies.
Quintus is one of the oldest, and currently the most influential company in TFMR-verse Earth.
When other companies focused on building machineries that could immediately help with building and agriculture, The founder of Quintus Tech decided to invest in computer science. It wasn’t easy, since pre-war generations were dying and post-war generations would rather do something that helps their immediate survival rather than sitting still and staring at monitors all day. So, Quintus remained relatively unknown for a long time.
When all the encessary foundations to support advanced technology was completed once again, Quintus Tech rose to the surface. No other companies could match against Quintus tech’s knowledge that they cumulated over the decades. When others hurriedly began to recreate the relics of old times, Quintus was already producing something that was one step further.
At one point, the company underwent some strange events. No one knew exactly what had happened, but after that point they began to produce technologies that did not exist pre-war. They found ways to remove radiation contamination from an area and produce fuel as its by-product. They made medical nanites that hepled people recover from injuries and diseases. They shot orbital garbage collectors to space so that they could retrieve valuable resources from debris floating in there. They would have made a lot of profit out of those, but the price of such techs looked like as if they were more interested in giving them away.
Although many welcomed their generosity and accepted it without question, Some people grew suspicious of them and demanded explanations, as these seemed too advanced to exist. (It later turns out that Pharma, Decepticon’s CMO, had been secretly in touch with the company. She did admit using them as her sidekicks for whatever research she had been doing, but she had absolutely no idea how did these primitive beings figure out how to create a crude yet perfectly safe version of artificial energon.)
Rival companies constantly tried to peek at in-dev techs from Quintus Tech’s labs. Both attempts failed, firstly because the company was very tight-lipped, and secondly no one could find where the R&D department was located. The most closest one to get to the secret of Quintus was the CEO of Tristar Group (one of the rivals), who managed to plant a spy amongst the inner circle of the company. The Spy was soon “removed”, but not before spilling the fact that an advanced artificial intelligence was under development, that was nothing like the world has ever seen. This AI entity would be introduced later, but for now let’s just call it T.E.S.S.A.
Captain Rex is banned from flying any ship. Not because he’s bad at it, no his piloting is on par with Obi-Wan Kenobi’s, but because he always gets lost. Not lost as in he took a left instead of a right, but lost as in bending space and time to somehow end up on the other side of the galaxy within a few minutes.
No one can figure out how it happens, but this particular ability was found late enough in training at Kamino, and he was good enough at everything else that they just made him a ground trooper and banned him from ever siting in the pilot seat.
Maybe not everyone got the message on Kamino, and one day Jango decides to take a group of cadets on a training excursion. He assigned the roles ahead of time, completely ignoring the protests of the entire group when he assigned Rex as the pilot. The cadets gave up. Jango was very confused when the cadets showed up with enough provisions to last all of them two week considering it was a three day mission. In the end Jango reinforced the ban when they ended up going on a strange adventure four star systems to the left of their destination.
Despite the ban Rex still ended up forced into the pilot seat throughout the Clone Wars. As a result he ended up learning several different languages, picked up the ability to identify where he was solely based on the stars, got to work with more different battalions than an ARC trooper, and ended up having various adventures across the galaxy because trouble is attracted to him just as much as Obi-Wan and Anakin.
At one point he got so lost he ended up on Mortis. That was a weird week.
The Clones as My Alternate Endings For Them
Let’s say the Republic won, troopers got their rights, etc etc. This is my chosen ending for each of these boys
Rex- I don’t think he would leave the GAR for awhile. With the galaxy at peace, Rex would continue to serve freely, eventually teaching future troopers at the academy. He would eventually retire, spending the rest of her s life fishing quietly on a calm planet and spending holidays with the Skywalker Family.
Echo- he would probably put in a few more years with the GAR, but still get out early enough to settle down with someone, start a family, and dabble as a teacher to middle or high schoolers.
Fives- would get out immediately, exploring the galaxy as much as he can, sending Echo postcards from all over. But once he sees Echo settling down, he would start to feel homesick for his brother, eventually come back and be that cool uncle to Echo’s kids, getting a teaching job at the same school just to annoy him.
Jesse- this one is hard. At first I wanted to say some sort of police or first responder, but… I really think Jesse,once given the opportunity, would be a great advocate for those who don’t have a voice. Maybe a lawyer or a Representative of the Clone Troopers to the Senate. He grew so much.
Kix- I could see him becoming one of Coruscants top doctors. Family physician of the Skywalker’s? Uh yes.
Tup- animal sanctuary man. Becomes a vet. He didn’t even have to think about that one. Saves even the boys great of monsters. Steve Irwin of the Star Wars Universe. Catch him on Space Animal Planet kissing a Rancor he rescued
Dogma-police officer of the people. He really loosens up after the war, and continues to help people after. Common to see him wandering the parks of Coruscant and waving at the kids.
Hardcase- firefighter Hardcase. This man would always be prepared and he just gives off those vibes. Fire house food? Hardcase- is in the kitchen just cooking for his brothers.
Coric- travels the galaxy with a group of doctors and activists, visiting small villages and towns and providing them with medical care.
Bly- General Secura and him get married, start a family after she leaves the order, and lives happily ever after.
99- doesn’t get to move off Kamino, however he does get to travel! After the war, there was a small surplus of young troopers who need a home. The Jedi Council placed Plo Join in charge of this and he is accompanied by 99 when taking the young clones to their new homes. The rest of his s life is peaceful and full of goodbyes, this time happy ones
Cody- similar to Rex, Cody stays in until it’s time to retire, eventually taking a senatorial spot that was granted for the clones via Mandalore.
Waxer and Boil- after the war, they return to Ryloth, reuniting with Numa. They spend the rest of their lives helping rebuild the planet and starting many public programs that help fight the slave trade of the people. I feel like they somehow become close with the Organas, who eventually come and adopt a few of the war orphans.
Wolffe- I could honestly just see him loosening up quick, finding someone, falling in love, and becoming stay at home dad. The man needs this.
Boost and Sinker- using their skills and memories of the simulators on Kamino, these two become some of the top video game makers in the galaxy.
Hunter- I think when the wars over with, Hunter will have some time adjusting. There will be a few hiccups along the way, but at the end of it he will be sipping sweet tea on a front porch somewhere quiet, enjoying nothing but the sound of trees and birds.
Wrecker- this baby decides to join the Coruscant guard, giving Fox greyer hairs
Tech- becomes a slightly mad scientist who gets cited a few times by the Republic for him s wild creations.
Crosshair- joins some mandalorian clan, disappearing into their society. Either that or swamp witch
Jaster is Sir Not Appearing in the Film Noir AU but I did this self indulgent doodle of him anyway
He’s actually wearing 1920s style rather than 1930s. From what I’ve seen, waistcoats seem to have gone out of fashion by the mid 30s. He can keep the fedora though cause they came into fashion in 1924.