My gender is picrews. lots and lots of picrews. so many picrews. endless picrews.
Subtle signs of long-term psychological abuse:
- Intrusive belief that you have to do everything perfectly and flawlessly or you are no good, deep drop in self-esteem upon making a smallest mistake or being criticized, feeling that your value is tied completely to how well you can finish tasks, perfectionism
- Low self-esteem, feeling you’re less smart, less capable, less valuable or less lovable than the people around you; struggling to feel like you’re an equal part of something, worry that people don’t find your worth keeping around, always worrying about being left behind
- Over-taking responsibility for everything, bending backwards to make things go well for everyone, feeling guilty and ashamed if something goes wrong that wasn’t in your control, always taking tasks other people wouldn’t do, doing anything to feel useful
- Making excuses for other people when they hurt you, always being ready to ‘look at it from their side’ and assume they had a good reason to hurt you, or didn’t mean it, or didn’t realize they were doing it, or were ‘just lashing out’ and doing it because of their own pain – but you’d never make those excuses for yourself, or forgive yourself if you did that
- Double standards for yourself and others, you feel it’s okay for others to be selfish, unreasonable, short-tempered, assholes, hurtful, impatient, self-centered, but it’s not okay for you to be any of that, judging yourself way more harshly than others
- Constant fear of abandonment from your friends and loved ones, fear that you won’t be able to go on if you’re rejected and abandoned by them, over-pleasing them in fear they’ll leave
- Feeling there’s something deeply wrong about you, always looking for a way to blame yourself for anything that went wrong, feeling cursed, impostor syndrome
- Inclination to hide as much as possible about yourself, only showing an image to people you socialize with, fear that if anyone knew the ‘real you’ they would be repulsed and grossed out
- Shame for feeling pain, shame for crying, feeling weak and despicable for being vulnerable and hurt, urge to hide and isolate whenever you’re in pain, feeling others would hate you for it
- Constant pressure to prove yourself, never feeling like you’re 'good enough’, rarely or never feeling happy or proud of yourself, every day is a battle to show that you’re still worth something
- Feeling you have to be always open to scrutiny and criticism, even if it comes from people who don’t know you and don’t wish you well
- Arranging your life only to please others, acting a role of support or a servant in other people’s lives, feeling selfish if you try to think of what would be best for you
- Worrying that every nice thing anyone has said about you was out of politeness, and every horrible thing someone said about you is secretly true; inability to hold a consistent self image that isn’t affected by everyone’s view of you, imagining that others are thinking the worst of you
- Spiraling into feelings of not wanting to exist anymore, wishing you weren’t born, not being able to find anything good about yourself, seeing yourself as a stack of flaws and past mistakes
Hey Neil, due to a certain British author saying some stupid things again... Could you please quickly say something supportive for trans people? Would be really comforting right now
I’ve missed this (I’ve been taking a Twitter holiday for the last month, for my own mental health), but I can imagine. I’m sorry.
Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Trans rights are human rights. I’m sorry that some people have such a hard time getting their heads around that. But the world is changing, and history is with you.
Ayyyy I got an advance copy of The Nobleman’s Guide to Shipwrecks and Scandal!
I know for a fact I’m gonna fall in love with my faves all over again lmao
transmeds never can understand the invisibility of black trans people. ever in their life.
when you are black and trans, no one believes you, no matter your identity or type of transition, the white trans community seems to think that black people being trans isnt real.
a transmeds view on what is means to be a man or a woman is 100% white. down to the personality, clothes, and culture. for them what is “cis passing” is all based on a white cis man or woman. it is one of many reasons why their mentality is harmful, it serves white supremacy.
Holy shit this entire post is something that I wish countless white folks (especially white trans folks) understood.
Also the part about “cis passing” being based on cis white men and women is so true because Black features are constantly masculinized and associated with masculinity, often times to degrade Black people (especially Black women).
character in a fight scene: *restrains their opponent by pinning them against the wall by their wrists*
character in a fight scene: *pins their opponent down by straddling their waist and holding their wrists to the floor*
character in a fight scene: *lifting their disarmed opponent’s chin slightly with the business end of their weapon*
character in fight scene: *pins down the opponent and leans in close to whisper in their ear*
character in fight scene: *restrains the opponent by twisting their arm/s behind their back and pinning them to the wall chest first with their own chest pressing against the opponents back*
Character: *distracts their otherwise equally good/better opponent by flirting*
Character in fighting scene: *restrains opponents arms in a lock hold with their own, entangling their arms together forcing their bodies to be pressed together and faces in close proximity*
character in fight scene: *holds opponent by the collar, lifts them and brings them close to their face*
Every time this crosses my dash it gets better.
characters in fight scene: *tussle then break apart and warily watch each other while breathing hard*
Character in a fight scene: *steps with only one leg between the legs of the opponent that’s lying on the floor*
Character in a fight scene: *dives on their opponent to knock them out of the way of something that could have killed them and they both sit their out of breath, staring at each other, one on top of the other*
Character in a Fight Scene: *kicks one their opponent’s legs from behind forcing them to kneel before them*
Character in a fight scene: *lifts their disarmed opponent’s chin slightly with their index finger*
Character in a fight scene: *ends up on hands and knees pinning their opponent to the ground by choking them with forearm*
this site definitely doesn’t allow you to paste the link to any article blocked by a paywall (say, a NYT article) so that you can read it free of charge! that would be illegal and would benefit broke college students too much. it definitely does not do that. promise.
I need every single person to understand how horrible tumblr’s tagging system is
I go into the tag for epilepsy and its all flashing lights. We can’t use our own tag because people without epilepsy fill it up with improper warnings.
Use ‘flashing’ in place of ‘epilepsy’ in your tags. You aren’t warning people of epileptics, you’re warning us of flashing lights. Please please tag properly. Epileptics say this endlessly and constantly and it’s ignored. You are risking lives by doing this.
Here’s proof of what I mean:
THIS POST IS 100% OKAY TO REBLOG, I ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WITHOUT EPILEPSY TO ESPECIALLY DO SO!
You’re trauma isn’t valid. You live in a nice house with a pond. As far as I can tell your parents are married. You should be happy your family is together. And you sound like a spoiled brat in all of your “rants”, you’re very ungrateful.
I usually take these things as jokes but what the fuck. I know I sound like spoiled brat and am ungrateful but that doesn’t mean that im not valid.
character realtionship questions
i was looking for an ask game for my ocs relationships, but i couldn’t find what i was looking for, so decided to make my own! send an emojis and two (or more) of my ocs and i’ll answer it :)
🕊 how did they meet?
🏹 at what age did they meet?
✨ who is the more extroverted/introverted in the relationship?
🐇 who is the most emotional?
☁️ do they act differently around other people than how they act with each other?
🌼 what do they like best about each other?
👼 are they similar to any other fictional relationships, from books, tv, etc?
🌛 describe their dynamic in up to five words.
🤍 how do they comfort the other when they’re upset?
💗 who confessed their feelings first?
🌸 how long did it take them to get together?
🎀 do others know about their relationship? if so, are they accepting of it?
💘 was it love at first sight, or a slow burn?
🧚🏼 what was their relationship, if they had one, before they got together?
💌 who says ‘i love you’ first?
🍄 what was their first date like?
🍥 have they met each other’s parents? what was their parents’ impression of them?
💔 have they ever broken up?
❤️ how close are they? are they best friends, quite close, barely friends at all?
🧡 do they have any mutual friends? who are they?
💛 what do they like do to together?
💚 do others assume they have feelings for each other?
💙 do they have any shared interests?
💜 have they ever wingmanned each other, or otherwise helped each other go out with the person they like?
💖 do they have any inside jokes? give an example, if you can.
🤎 would they ever consider living together?
🖤 do they regularly tease each other, or are they more sincere?
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who has trouble remembering developmental milestones. I put these together, but can’t take credit for any of the photography. Hope someone finds them helpful!
This is very useful to me i have absolutely no gauge for how old children are and what they can typically do at what ages
I’ve been on Tumblr too long I was definitely expecting this to turn into some existentialist meme
Every writer needs to see this because I’m really tired of otherwise competent novels in which a two year old is like “mother dearest I do believe I am quite frightened” or conversely they’re supposed to be five and going “me hungie!!!”
picrew tag game!
new round here’s the piccrew!
I love this one xx
tags: @kaiderforever @kaider-is-my-otp @just2bubbly @impossiblesuitcase @healing-winston-pratt @salt-warrior @cindersnightmare @cindersassasin @strawberry-seraph @novas-tunnel-of-anxiety @princessselene126 @shellyseashell and anybody else who wants to do it!!
thanks for the taggg!!
here is mine (:
thx for the tag!
tagging whoever wants to do it :)))
I did it!!
I think it looks remarkably accurate!!
ooh, this is one of my favorites I’ve ever done
Oh heck yes another piccrew, thanks @lavenderlemonrose !
Again she looks so much cooler than me 😪
Tagged by my wonderful friend @oop-theregoesgravity
It would look a bit more accurate if the hair was pulled up but other than that I think it’s pretty good!
thanks for the tag dara :)
(let’s pretend i’m outside because i have transitions lmao, i also love these shirts but they are unrealistic to wear them w the brace)
tagging: @this-random-geek @quillsink @critical-endangered @in-some-future-time @stuck-in-1700 @coldinmyproffesions @torivikachu @thejamdergod @imgaybut @vive-la-revolution @that-veela-girl @harrison-the-dilf-friend @yes-i-am-also-amrev-gay and anyone else who’s interested!