When I ask what gives him an ego boost, given that he’s not driven by money or fame, he is so baffled by the idea of his ego needing a boost that he is silent for a full 28 seconds before finally answering, “The work.” [Hadley Freeman, The Guardian]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEANU REEVES!
(September 2nd, 1964)
INFJ girls seem like super cool people. In movies and TV shows, they are depicted as very beautiful and attractive girls who are shy, quiet, and mysterious, but also sweet, compassionate, and everyone is fascinated by them. Some of them are depicted as having magical powers. It seems like INFJs are great at making interesting conversations that changes people in a positive way. It’s like they know how to make people feel better, just by talking to them. Idk if it’s their aura or they just naturally know how to make people feel good.
- idea of a good time is staying at home doing nothing
- listening to the rain, thunder or the ocean is an added bonus
- second guessing everything when stressed
- just thinking
- observing other people from afar
- hating people who are two-faced and selfish
- phobia of crowds
- knowing that things will work out eventually but needing a little understanding to feel supported
- too hard on themselves
- wanting to know themselves as deeply as possible
- opens up about feelings then apologises for doing so
- can’t talk coherently but writing is the opposite
- will say something extremely intelligent then accidentally run into a wall
feel free to add more
I love my little island ❤
People will often notice patterns to the cards they pull - you’ll notice that certain cards come up more often. This tends to be based on a feeling though, rather than any real data about which cards you’ve pulled - and the real data may surprise you.
I’ve kept track of the cards I’ve pulled in my single card readings over the past three months, and here are some things I’ve noticed:
- I pull one card more frequently than any other card. In my case, that card is The Magician. It’s really useful to know - not just suspect - that one card turns up constantly for me.
- Some cards don’t actually appear as frequently as I think they do. I recently pulled the Nine of Pentacles and thought, “Again?? Why do I pull this card so much??” but when I look at the actual data… I’ve pulled other cards way more frequently. I think it’s a form of the Baader-Meinhof effect - a card can stick in your brain for some reason and you remember it as appearing more often than it actually does!
- There are interesting things about the cards that I don’t pull. In three months, these Major Arcana cards have never come up at all: The Emperor and The Devil. I can look at the data of what archetypes don’t appear in my life and draw some interesting conclusions. I’ve also not drawn a single court card (page, knight, queen, or king) from the suit of swords - swords tend to deal with conflict, which I maybe have less of during this particular time in my life
- I can identify which suit and which numbered cards appear the most and the least in my readings. While the totals of Swords, Wands, Cups, and Pentacles I pull are pretty close to even, Wands eke out a little bit higher total than the others. Cups and Pentacles are tied, with Swords coming in last. If I didn’t have this data, I’d probably assume I pull Swords the most - because they leave the biggest impact on me when I do pull them! Of the numbered cards: I pull Aces of any suit the most, and Twos of any suit the least. This makes for some interesting patterns: The Magician is sort of the “Ace” of the Major Arcana, as well. Aces are about a very singular willpower whereas Twos are about partnership and duality. Through this pattern I can identify the focus the cards have on my life at this particular point in time.
- I pull Major Arcana cards more than is statistically likely. The Major Arcana makes up 28% of the deck, but 39% of my pulls. The Major Arcana are more associated with long-term messages, and so my life may have more long-term type changes needing to be made during this period.
This is a quick guide to how you might interpret some of the overall themes you notice:
Minor Arcana: temporary, easily changed, daily life, current situation
Major Arcana: long term, archetypes, themes, life lessons, current lesson
Wands: spirituality, inspiration, determination, strength, intuition, creativity, ambition and expansion; energy, motivation and passion.
Cups: love, feelings, relationships and connection; emotions, intuition and creativity
Swords: action, change, force, power, oppression, ambition, courage and conflict; thoughts, and words
Pentacles: work, business, trade, property, money and other material possessions
Aces: new beginnings, news, movement in a positive direction
Twos: duality, connection
Threes: creation, creativity, growth, action
Fours: stability, structure
Fives: tension, conflict, challenge
Sixes: relaxation, harmony, reevaluation
Sevens: mystery, disruption, adjustment
Eights: action, movement, growth, change
Nines: contemplation, reflection, looking to the next step
Tens: conclusion, culmination, new beginnings, complexity
Pages: youth, vitality, fascination, learning, and focus
Knights: adventure, energy, missions, conviction, willfulness, recklessness
Queens: curiosity, openness, expressiveness, creativity, flexibility
Kings: authority, leadership, expertise, mastery, inflexibility
i love your lock screens & was wondering if you could possibly do a “what is grief if not love preserving” lockscreen???
TYSM!! Hope u like!!