PTSD? You got pussy taste speldiferous disorder???
i don’t even know what to say here.
i’m fucking shrieking with laughter. It sounds like his dick is a deranged yard sprinkler or a terrified pigeon turned loose in an apartment.
The bad sex in fiction awards are truly a gem in the world of literature
today im thinkin about how the british caused the famine that almost decimated the irish population entirely and then claimed they helped fix it by forcing the irish to work for pennies to try to buy their own food back from the british and not starve
I think a lot about how nobody helped because they didn’t see it as genocide, they saw it as “just a famine”, but the Choctaw nation recognized it as a deadly symptom of colonization and saw the Irish people as comrades in suffering and they took up a collection fund and sent Ireland several thousand dollars.
[visibly trembling, smeared with muck and blood, tear tracks down my face, blatantly just going through so much really] peace and love on planet earth…
I am also holding a bloody knife while doing this if it makes it more relatable
Wait ok. So 1. What were u drinking?
2. Did u mean to put “never” in there or did u rlly just go back for round 2
it was vanilla crown royal and, yeah, i spit it out and then drank what i had just spit out. it wasn’t better the second time around.
ok so ngl straight vanilla whiskey sounds nasty to me, i dont blame u for spitting tbh. im intrigued by your bravery to try again tho
well i was like “huh yeah ok i guess i should actually drink it this time” and it was definitely just as bad. like, jeez. i don’t know why she thought that was a good idea? but i drank it.
This feels like it should have fifty thousand notes.
Sitting in the ER just taking up space because I told my therapist I know how I’d do it if I decide to act on my suicidal thoughts. But I feel fine today. Kinda feel like this ER room should go to someone who actually needs it. Making people take time out of their busy days to ask me the same tedious questions about my mental health over and over. V selfish of me to hate myself, look at all the extra work its causing. There are covid patients who actually need help and im here cuz I get sad when I get bored.
Incidentally this is also very boring.
Ok I reblogged this with a long talk in tags recently but this is for all you fuckers in the notes, as a librarian whose library has gone fine-free since the last time I reblogged this post:
- YES, going fine-free encourages returns. I can tell you that from my own experience at the check-in desk. In the weeks after we went fine-free, we got SO MANY returns on books that were hella overdue.
- YES, library fines disproportionately impact poor people. Here’s how it works: you’re a single mom who checks out 10 picture books for your kid. For whatever reason, you’re unable to return those 10 books on time. In fact, you’re unable to return them for a long time. Each of those books hits the maximum fine. In my system, this was $5. When you return the books, you owe $50. If you can pay off the $50, fine. If you can’t, then you feel like you’re fucked. Maybe you’ve had a bad experience with owing money before. Maybe you’ve had a bad experience with an incompetent or bigoted librarian. Either way, you don’t feel like you can deal with the cost of returning the books. But eventually the books go into billing, and now you’re on the hook for the full price of each book. Even if you return them, you still owe $50. An account with $50 or more in fines/fees is considered delinquent, meaning you can’t even use the computer or printing services, let alone check out books. So now you’re stuck with these books and these fines and no library access and you’re fucked. It doesn’t matter how you got here. Rich and poor people alike wind up here. What matters is that for rich people it’s not a big deal, and for poor people it’s a REALLY big deal.
- YES, libraries do everything we can to avoid this situation. We send reminder emails. We offer payment plans. We cap fines at $50. This prevents MANY people from ending up in this situation, but it doesn’t prevent EVERYONE from winding up here. Libraries serve a LOT of people!
- NO, fine free doesn’t look the same everywhere. In my library system, we’ve eliminated late fines on every type of item, but we still charge replacement fees for books that are very long overdue (60 days I think). The replacement fee is cleared if the book is returned. But if you look at the notes, you’ll see other libraries using different fine-free systems. This is because every library is different and has to work within its own context. Which brings me to..
- YES, libraries need the money they get from late fines. HOWEVER! Fine free IS possible for every library, if their parent organization chooses to fund it! Libraries are government entities. They exist to provide services, not to make money. The last time I reblogged this post, I didn’t believe my library would be able to go fine free for a very long time. Then, we made a proposal to the government we work for to use a special fund to replace what we typically collect in late fines. We were able to go fine free because we got the funding from our parent organization - you know, the guys who collect taxes and fund social services with the taxes they collect (at least in theory).
- THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE MEAN WHEN THEY SAY DEFUND THE POLICE.
- (That’s right motherfucker this was an anti-cop rant all along!)
- City and county budgets are finite, but they CAN fund fine-free libraries. The question is always, what funds are going to be used? What might they have funded instead?
- When people call to defund the police, it is in part because police are funded by public money. (It’s mostly because the police are an inherently oppressive and racist institution, but bear with me here.) The exact same money that arms and empowers police officers is money that could be used for fine-free libraries, fare-free buses, or better supplied classrooms. It’s money that could go to health departments or senior centers or parks. NONE OF THESE ENTITIES EXIST TO MAKE MONEY, but some of us have to because we’re underfunded by our municipality’s budget.
- UNDER-FUNDING SOCIAL SERVICES IS A GRIFT. It directly displaces the cost of living in a society from rich people (homeowners and landlords who pay property taxes) onto poor people (the single mom in our thought experiment above, or someone who can’t afford a car so they pay but fare, or the kids whose classroom doesn’t have pencils).
- If you’re unhappy with social services where you live, look at your city and county budgets. Find out how much money your local governments have and where it’s going. If you want to agitate, agitate. If you want to run for office, run for office. If you want to take direct action, then I would certainly never advocate for anything illegal hahahaha
TL;DR Fine free is great, it’s in line with libraries’ mission of public service, and it is doable, but only if governments choose to fund it. If they say they can’t, look at where their money is coming from and where it’s going.
I personally don’t mind this design but I do have a theory.
This isn’t hisuian lilligant. This is a male evolution to petilil. It looks slightly less feminine to lilligant and it not being around in modern games could be because the males of this species died out and only the females managed to continue on.
This is 100% just my own theory/speculation though and I don’t mind at all if this is hisuian lilligant.
Is a language dead if it has more than *squints* half a million daily speakers despite centuries of imperialism?
Sometimes you wonder if they can function outside their imaginary world
the english want the welsh language to die so people dont notice that 80% of ‘english mythology’ has been lifted wholecloth from wales, had the serial number filed off and covered with a union jack
Cymru am byth 🏴 ❤️
It’s a beautiful language, like Gaelic, Scottish and Irish. All languages are important for our history, it teaches us who we are, and who we were, it’s our true indigenous tongue.
Welsh was never a “dead language” because it was too strong for it’s enemies to kill.
the welsh government wants to force everyone to learn welsh? man that sure sounds totalitarian, imagine if the english government forced everyone to learn english smh smh
nah bro YOU live in a society. i live in a hole in the ground. not a nasty, dirty, wet hole with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and th
OP was forced to go on an adventure with Gandalf before they finished their post
op is definitely dead and by rights i’m moving into their blog
Well that’s one way to get more spoons
How can you be “critical of psychiatry” without admitting that anyone who’s a bother to society, the state or the healthcare system can be easily labelled as mentally ill and once that happens it’s nearly impossible to get that label off of you in big part due to huge efforts from the psychiatric establishment to allow for any information on other possible explanations so it doesn’t even occur to most people going through it that maybe it’s something else?
We JUST had a major celebrity free herself from a 13 years long conservatorship that was justified by deeming her as having dementia at age 26, a conservatorship in which her dissent was punished by a variety of means, including messing with her psychiatric meds. If that can happen to someone as powerful as her, what do you think happens to the rest?
And people still think that being “critical of psychiatry” is like, being criticial of individual professionals a la “bad apples” or some other lukewarm shit like that, instead of being critical of the entire fucking model.