- Body Types
-Mouths and Lips
Drawing and Colouring:
- Canvas Size
- Colour Palettes
- Colour Theory
- Quick Tricks
For the Artist:
I am No ARTEEST, but I’m going to save this for my future reference. Thanks.
if you feel like you can’t draw for shit but still Want to Practice, just draw over random shit
practice anatomy without having to work too hard
this is a huge part of art development!! so many people are afraid of being accused of “tracing” even in their unpublished practice that they never ever do it. DO IT, just don’t claim it as your own or post it if you’re uncomfortable?? Getting the hang of anatomy is so much easier when you trace at the start, and then move on to using reference images. Once you trace a hand enough times, you understand how it’s supposed to curve or bend or flex in the reference photos. I have like 4 folders full of anatomy studies that I’ve done by tracing, and it helps a ton with getting out of same body type/same face syndrome!!
for all the artists following me
- draw fast. it’ll look messy for a long time but you’ll improve faster than if you spend 4 hours on every drawing
- if you draw in pencil and have a habit of erasing all of your mistakes, try drawing in pen or marker. i know it’s scary but it’ll help in the long run (i’m speaking from experience)
- try different methods and mediums but don’t worry about mastering any of them, just have fun
- if you’re not rich, buy art supplies from the dollar store, not the art store (seriously. i go through a sketchbook about once a month and i’d rather spend $4 on one than $15)
- there’s no wrong way to learn. you can copy other people’s art if you want to, just don’t post it
- DO NOT worry about having a consistent style. do not. just draw however you want
- if you want to make original characters then do it. don’t worry about if they’re original, or a good design, or if they have an accompanying story. make sonic ocs. do it. it’s fun and it’s not hurting anyone
- try not to kill your back. stand up and stretch once in a while
- make a folder and save all of your favorite arts for inspiration
- draw from life. draw your dog. draw your teachers. draw your desk. draw your own hands (seriously that’s the best way to get better at drawing hands)
- in general, drawing from life or a photo is better than drawing from a diagram
- draw whatever you want. draw youtubers if you like youtubers. draw undertale if you like undertale. when i was a kid i drew nothing but shadow the hedgehog and horses. everyone deserves to draw what they want without being mocked, and if people start making fun of you, block them and keep drawing
- don’t expect to get any notes at first. don’t let it discourage you. if you want validation go show your art to your mom or your friends or your teacher or your grandma
- take breaks, but don’t give up.
Before and after! Colors actually look good! Yay!
Working on a design for an oc idea I have and I already love her
A few of the photos I’ve taken at my school since the weathers been nice <3