look guys it’s not math. all you have to do is just RESPECT THE CREATOR’S WISHES. IT’S THEIR CONTENT!!!!! if the creator doesn’t want you to repost their work, don’t do it.
let’s put it in a term that you’ll all understand. let’s say the singer wrote a song and posted it for people to listen. then another person takes a snippet of that song, posted it without crediting them, then say it’s their song. is that fair??? no. another way to think about it is fanart, the artist drew it, took hours or even days to finish it so that they can post. then someone else takes it and reposts it without their permission then act like it’s their fanart. do you see how that’s not okay????
for those of you who don’t know what’s going on. a lot of twitter users are reposting tumblr gifs from tumblr content creators without permission or credit. if you are one of those people, please feel free to unfollow me because i do not allow reposting of my gifs and i will never support reposters.
for those who want to support tumblr content creators, here are some things you can do:
- tell the tumblr content creator via ask or dm them with the link to the tweet
- reply under the tweet with the link to the original tumblr post and tell the twitter user that the creator does NOT allow reposts of their work and ask them to delete it. the more replies about that, the more likely they will delete their reposts.
for those who make content, these are some things that you can do to help protect your gifs:
- disable right clicking on your desktop theme so that they can’t save it on their laptops/pcs (click on the link there)
- disable dragging of images on desktop theme so that they cannot open a new tab to right click and save (click on the link there)
- watermark your gifs (unfortunately it has to come to this)
- if you really really really want to make sure that people don’t repost, put “do NOT repost my gifs” or “ repost 🚫” in the captions
for those who can’t make their own content but still want to post something:
- ask for permission. if the creator says “no” then do NOT do repost. respect their work and decision. it’s not like it’s going to end you if you don’t repost someone else’s work.
- if the person is kind enough to allow you to repost, CREDIT them. you can do that by linking their twitter, tumblr, and ESPECIALLY their original post.
- make your own content. if you don’t know how, there are a ton of tutorials. here’s a list of resource to help you get started.
it takes hours to finish a GOOD gifset so please don’t just go around reposting other people’s work. thank you~
Monschau is a small historical town located in the hills of the North Eifel in North Rhine-Westphalia (German: Nordrhein-Westfalen) in Germany, situated just 4 km across the Belgian border. The picturesque old town center has many preserved 300 years old half-timbered houses along the river Rur.
It’s really hard to tell the story of a love story that in the end, is still a love story. It didn’t end because they stopped loving each other, it ended because circumstance stood in their way. And that circumstance was their own growth, and that’s a wonderful thing. - Dan Levy
How dare you tag #vpxs on a vampire post 👀
Did someone say vpxs? Oh my god who would ever…
Check below the cut for a hint of vampire Petyr and archaeologist Sansa inspired by this post I’m so sorry if you’re on mobile and Tumblr makes you scroll through 1300 words.
Jojo Rabbit (2019) dir. Taika Waititi || 🚲 & 🦋
“I’ve always felt there’s something inherently psychopathic about joining the army in peace time, as far as I’m concerned people join the army to find out what it’s like to kill someone.
I hardly think that’s an inclination that should be encouraged in modern society, do you?”
Calvary (2014) dir. John Michael McDonagh
Ted Lasso || Tea ☕
1.01 Pilot || 1.09 All Apologies
RW: How do you take your tea?
TL: Well, usually I take it right back to the counter
‘cause someone’s made a horrible mistake.
But…when in Rome, right?
TL: Mm. Horrible. Horrible.
Hat er sie kontaktiert - oder haben sie mein Kind [kontaktiert]? Nö, nö. Er.
Und dann rennst du zu Karow. Der ist ganz cool. Ziemlich schlau. Naja, schlau … Schnell. Der ist’n Triebwerk. Und kann den Schwanz nicht in der Hose lassen. Wat? Hast du mal gesagt, hat mir Kaleb erzählt.
Stör ich? Ja, ‘n bisschen. Bin g’rad mit Tolja in ‘na Schwulenbar. Im Darkroom. Was soll’n das? ‘Hände weg von meinem Sohn.’ Das macht mich schon scharf. So war das nicht gemeint. Wie’n dann? Andermal.
BOOKSTORES/LIBRARIES IN ROMANCE FILMS:
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Before Sunset (2004)
Remember Me (2010)
Funny Face (1957)
Notting Hill (1999)
You’ve Got Mail (1998)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Obvious Child (2014)
10 Things I Hate About You (1999)