It’s not funny.
It’s not just competitiveness
It’s not just imitation.
It’s not just respect
This is the face of devotion.
This is not just some plain-old rivalry.
Izuku has rivalries, he has friends.
But Bakugou Katsuki is not just a rival, not just a friend, and not just a bully. Certainly, not just some childhood friend.
He is Izuku’s inspiration, the person closest to him who was put on a pedestal next to fucking All Might, Who was basically considered a god in the MHA universe before his retirement.
It’s not funny to say that Izuku’s admiration for Katsuki is just ‘Hero Worship’.
Because if Izuku ‘worships’ All Might, you should damn well Fear what he will do for someone closer than All Might, for Katsuki.
- All Might asked Izuku to step into his shoes in the next Symbol- hewas ready to break his bones in the tournament to win
- All Might said he always saves the people within his reach - Izuku nearly killed himself to secure Kouta and save Kacchan
- All Might knows Izuku’s spirit and desperation is a fearsome thing. And Katsuki is threatened by it.
- Izuku trying to save Kacchan…repeatedly, at the cost of his own damn life…
- How he cried like his damn soul was ripped out of his body after Kacchan was taken away.
Tell me one more time that Izuku hates Katsuki, and I’ll show you a devotion beyond words.
Now…Imagine what Izuku would do if Katsuki asked something from him.
But you know what? Katsuki is never going to do that because he is the one person who is intimately aware of everything Izuku can sacrifice in the name of devotion.
And I for one, am really thankful that Katsuki will never dare ask anything of him.
You can call it his Pride. I’ll call it his Fear.
Because the one thing Katsuki fears above everything else is ‘Izuku’s Spirit’
P R E A CH
Reblogging until this reaches a billion!! Because “PREACH”!!!! & “AMEN”!!!