The way Julian and Asra talk to Nadia is probably super different and she probably gets a kick out of it.
Cause Julian probably talks to her informally until he remembers “oh shit I’m talking to the Countess” only to be informal again after like 2 minutes.
Meanwhile Asra will roller skate in holding two pina colatas (one is for Nadia) with Faust wearing sunglasses hanging out around his shoulders going “Nadi you won’t fuckin believe this-“
no but hear me out he’s secretly an opera singer
One thing I like about the Arcana fandom is that it leaves no place for kinkshaming. We’re playing a game written by furries. We don’t get to judge, no matter how much we wish we could
Don’t leave this in the tags, call us out boldly, we deserve it:
me on my way to re-read the chapter to screenshot all the sick stuff that happened
In Russia we don’t say “to ask for a hand in marriage”, instead we say “to ask for a hand and a heart” and I just think that would suit Valdemar so well
Valdemar: I’m asking for your hand and your heart
MC: …like, my actual body parts?
My courtier Asra sprite has recieved an overwhelmingly positive response, so imma write out the roles for the other chars, in case y’all want to know.
I’ve talked a little bit with @lucigucci about this AU, and he wrote his own take already, but here’s mine:
- Since Nadia is the one who dies in this AU, MC doesn’t get the Fool’s body, but the High Priestesses body instead, so their powers are intuition-based.
- I think it would be cool if they could talk to Chandra because of that, but meet her late in the story, otherwise the mystery gets solved too soon.
- The plague started because she wanted to get rid of her sisters and become the next in line for the throne.
- Her ghost is based on Chamois, a goat antelope, but with a few feathers here and there (maybe on the ears?..)
- Gonna redesign her clothes and haircut to give her a more menacing look.
- Has a poor intuition because her deals with the Devil severed her connection to the High Priestess.
- Reluctant to admit her mistakes.
- Has a good relationship with his mother, so he didn’t feel the urge to take on a new name in this AU.
- He is a himbo, but not a selfish asshole like his canon counterpart.
- “I’m awesome, but you are awesome too, let’s be awesome together!” (Lucio is kinda like that by the end of his route, but this one is like that from the start.)
- His arm is made of some cheaper metal and has an art-nouveau look (to contrast the canon pointy gold one)
- I’m gonna change his hairstyle (considering giving him a braid and facial hair).
- His clothes should be a bit closer to what Morga wears.
- Still loves his dogs a whole fucking lot.
- Wants to change Vesuvia for the better, but doesn’t know how.
- Comes to MC’s shop at the beginning of the story because his dogs led him there.
- Their role is kind of a mix between original Asra and Julian. They are a doctor who doesn’t really know much about magic, but begins to frantically study it after their beloved’s death to revive them.
- Makes a deal with the Death and steals Nadia’s body for MC, giving them a half of their heart.
- Calm and collected, but gets easily excited about science.
- Do no harm but take no shit.
- Is from Prakra, friends with Nazali Satrinava.
- I struggled to come up with a familiar for them that isn’t a horse, so it’s an opossum for now (you know, they pretend to be dead sometimes..), but I might change it later.
- A former captain of the countesses guard who was accused of her murder
- Had an affair with Valdemar at some point, they end up as a side-ship in some other route, lol
- They keep a stag beetle as a pet, they trained it to fight.
- A total thembo (nonbinary version of himbo).
- Used to fight in the coliseum before it got closed down.
- Is a lawyer, helps you to discover the truth and clear Vulgora’s name.
- Has a pet toy piglet that he loves dearly.
- Is a silver fox and a refined gentleman.
- I’ll make him look hot or die trying.
- A food taster at the palace.
- Nags Valerius about drinking, because TEMPERANCE.
- Has a pet dove.
- Basically the same as her canon self but not hungry or nervous, just a happy wholesome babey.
- Is very loyal to Lucio, he invited her to work at the palace when she was starving in the streets.
- He is a gardener at the palace, I guess?
- Still likes wine very much.
- There is a lamb that used to come and chew on the plants at the garden and he had no choice but to start feeding it something else. He did not plan on adopting it, but here we are.
- Noticed Nadia plotting to usurp the throne, doesn’t approve of it one bit.
- Is 100% traditionalist who is loyal to the current empress.
Court magician Asra Alnazar
- Made his first deal with the devil as a teen, because he got tired of him and Muriel struggling to survive in the streets.
- Drained the Magician of power, and is an extremely powerful mage because of that.
- Everyone is scared of him.
- Liar, manipulator, speaks in riddles, never gives a direct answer if he can help it, just an infuriating person to deal with.
- Faust is a cobra now. Venomous babey.
- His demon form is a mix of a fennec fox and a snake. I’ve drawn a demon form for LI-Asra, but this time it will be more freaky, with many eyes, haha.
Court doctor Ilya Pavlovich Devorak
- Somewhat historically accurate plague doctor outfit, with a headwrap, hat and a long robe.
- Goes by his real name because he didn’t have a reason to get an alias
- Wishes for the plague to return because he can’t save people who aren’t dying
- Feels useless and needs constant validation
- Keeps leeches as pets, gives them names, talks to them, feeds them his own blood
- Is in a sexual relationship with Asra, calls him “master Alnazar”, simps for him real bad.
- Made his first deal to protect Pasha, didn’t expect her to find out and start making deals for herself.
- Also made a deal to gain healing powers.
- His demon form is a mix between a raven and a leech. The beak has teeth. Yes. Scary.
- If you are confused as to what Pavlovich/Pavlovna means, google “otchestvo”
Head servant Pavla Pavlovna Devorak
- No need for her to take an alias either, and Pavla is a full version of what Ilya calls her in-game.
- Has lots of anxiety and self-doubt because her deals with the Devil severed her connection to the Star.
- Has made deals to get magic powers and be able to protect her brother.
- Her freckles are star-shaped and look like a disease a little bit.
- Ties her headband differently to cover her cat ears
- Spreads rumors for her own gain
- Can talk to mice and disperse into mice
- Her demon form is a mix between a cat and a rat
- Hides the ears under the executioner’s hood
- EXTRA HAIRY
- Made deals with the Devil to protect Asra
- Is pretty much dead inside and wants to be left alone
- Hates his job but his hands are so blood-soaked he can’t imagine doing anything else
- Almost never talks
- His demon form is a thicc bear-sized wolf
I’m making a series of courtier swap AU sprites for the love interests, woo! Of course I had to start with my fave, haha. I was planning on doing more expressions and an alternative hand pose, but I’m kinda tired of working on this for now, so maybe later?.. Did my best to mimic the official sprite style but it feels a bit off, idk.
What I’ve come up with so far:
- drained the Magician of power, regrets it a little bit
- amazing at telling sweet lies
- a two-faced son of a wench
- never answers questions directly
- speaks in riddles
- will sell you to the Devil for one corn chip
- manipulative as heck
- started to make deals with the Devil to keep himself and Muriel fed and safe
- the Valdemar analog in this AU, everyone fears him
- the dungeons he manages are aimed at magical research
Next up is gonna be Julian, and after I’m done with turning LIs into antagonists, I’ll make LI sprites for the original courtiers, so stay tuned.
(Fake screenshot template by Savenkey.)