One Piece manga
rOP: 303 - 348
Chapters: 550 - 597
One Piece manga
rOP: 303 - 348
Chapters: 550 - 597
- Cover: Young Whitebeard and Roger standing together and being awesome :D
- what a STRONG opener, holy shit
(I LOVE IT HERE)
- “You disappoint me, Zoro. You would beg your enemy to instruct you?” Enemy? Bitch, where? You literary asked him to come home cause he can catch a cold two chapters ago. You’re fooling no one, Mihawk
- “Have you no pride?” …ouch
- oh, Mihawk really is disappointed, he thinks Zoro is a fluke :( Not our Zoro, mister
- “I beat the monkeys! You’re the only one to take down.” “He defeated them?” why so shocked, Mihawk, they’re literal monkeys
- “But I’m not stupid enough to think I can beat you.” “I don’t understand. You would kowtow to a mortal foe and beg him to instruct you? WHY?” you know, I’m laughing at Mihawk but my brain would be exploding too. Like, it is not in any way a logical chain of events
- “To surpass you!” THE ARROGANCE OF THAT MAN
- Mihawk’s laughing!!! Seriously, you can only laugh in the face of that. How often does he laugh, what do you think
- “You want me to teach you the sword so that one day you can take my head? You’re a strange one!” I love them both and the situation is objectively hilarious
- “You’re still a shameless fool. So you value something more than your own pride.” …guys. Zoro values Luffy higher than his own pride. We, we know these things, but then they say it like that and… oh god
- “When your wounds have healed, I will instruct you.” Yeahhhhhh!!!
- “Such a clumsy fool. When a man of your caliber abandons his pride, it is always for the sake of another.” ;_;, but also :D
- later, with Zoro and Perona
You’re right. Straw Hat does have a tattoo on his right shoulder.” …am I
finally learning about Luffy’s message to his crew?
- “We promised to meet at a certain place in three days. But look at us.”
- “That 3D means three days? But 3D has been crossed out and replaced with 2Y. TWO YEARS!” SO THAT’S HOW THEY DID IT!!! I understand now! That’s really clever!!!
- “Luffy’s made his decision. There’s no shortcut to the top for us in the New World! We have to stay where we are, build up our strength and then reunite!”
- the time-skip is upon us. All other Straw Hats are accounted for, there’s just our Captain left
- Jimbei is leaving to do his own thing. Thank you Jimbei for sticking around, when you were needed the most
- he’ll be at Fishman Island, waiting for Straw Hats :)
- alright, Rayleigh and Luffy will train on some deserted island next to Amazon Lily
- 48 seasons? That’s a lot
- lol, that’s what I call a difference in approach (you all remember how Hancock wanted to kill Luffy? How much things change)
- “If anything happens to him…” “If nothing happened to him, it wouldn’t be training. If you’re worried, then pray for him.” Haha :D Rayleigh went full “Leave me alone woman”
- “This is a deadly natural fortress!” “I smell adventure!” oh Luffy, never change
- time to learn Haki :D
(ATTENTION. BELOW I TYPED A WHOLE RAYLEIGH HAKI LECTURE. BE PREPARED)
- “Listen, Luffy. Haki is a power that lies dormant in people everywhere. The ability to sense spiritual energy and overpower enemies is something everyone possesses to some degree.” Rayleigh, there’s an elephant behind you
- “But most people never discover it. They live their lives without ever reaching their full potential. To never doubt – that is power! Now watch.”
- “Most haki can be divided into two main categories, or colors. The power to acutely sense an opponent… that’s the color of Observation Haki! Training this ability will allow you to read the location, number and movements of enemies you can’t even see.” This is awesome and I should be taking notes
- “In the Sky Island of Skypiea they call this power Mantra.” We been knew :) but how does Rayleigh kno… no, wait, he was there with Roger, we’re good
- “Next is the color of Arms Haki. It’s like an invisible suit of armor. That armor can be used as a weapon” Luffy is remembering all the times his opponent used haki against him. It’s surprisingly often
- “Ow! I’m made of rubber but that still hurt!” lol :D that probably means Garp has Haki too (his Fist of Love)
- “Other than attacking their weak points, this color of Arms Haki is the only counter-measure effective against devil fruit users! Those logia types with their fluid bodies may seem practically invincible to you but even they are vulnerable to this power!” NOW THIS IS A GAME CHANGER
- “This power can be applied to weapons too” yep, yep, Kuja, we remember
- “The color of Observation and the color of Arms are the two Haki powers! However, in very rare cases, some people are able to manipulate a third form of Haki” :D :D :D
- there goes elephant. What a powerful presentation. I wish my lectures at uni were like this
- “This is the power to overwhelm – the color of the Supreme King!” do you think it was named after the Supreme King from these 800 years ago? Or it’s named that way because most people who had it became rulers of some sort?
- “Most people who’ve made a name for themselves in this world posses this power. Though you can control the color of the Supreme King, You can’t train it to be stronger directly.”
- “It’s the embodiment of the spirit of the user! The only way to make it stronger is for the user to grow stronger!” there really is no shortcuts in this world
- “You should’ve already experience it firsthand. Your inner talents with the color of the Supreme King have already been awakened. But don’t use it too much until you have it fully under your control or you’ll end up overwhelming people you don’t intent to.” …a solid advice. Also sounds like something that will happen, foreshadowing much
- “I’ve seen this haki thing lots of times before.” We all did. Isn’t it amazing?
- “Over the next two years, I’ll teach you the basics. But be warned. I won’t go easy on you, Luffy!” “Okay! Lay into me!” this here is why I love shounen, it just… makes me want to improve myself
- “The pirate, Straw Hat Luffy, has to take a break.” !
- “All right! Thank you, old man!”
rOP 347 rOP 349
- Cover: Luffy, Ace and… adult Sabo… are running away from a giant monkey. huh
- back to Weatheria and Nami
- “What just happened here?” well, she came back from her wizard kidnapping and you’re weak to woman’s tears :D
- records of the weather all over the worlds? Wow
- “Raining lighting? You gotta be kidding” New World is wiiiild
- “You have to tell me about the weather of New World, Haredas! Teach me everything you know!”
- “You sound desperate.” “Of course I am!” aww
- “The lives of my crew depend on it! I’m the navigator! It’s my responsibility to keep them safe when we’re at sea! I need to be able to take my captain wherever he wants to go! And Luffy wants to be the King of the Pirates, so I can’t just be any ordinary navigator!” it’s an Awww Fest of course, but I also love to read about just… competent people. She takes it so seriously, I really would trust her with my life on the sea
- “Your crew is so devoted to him” “I don’t have much choice. He’s so reckless.” True, true :)
- all this segment is here to make you feel good :D
- alright, with Brook now. He’s in a cage :((((((
- there’s something about a skeleton reading a newspaper that’s just hilarious to me
- crowd: *pokes Brook with a stick* come on, do something
Brook: alright, you asked for it *continues to sit and do nothing*
- “You seemed so bright in my eyes” feels :)
- where did he find a guitar
- “Listen to my new single! Bone To Be Wild!” dhahjskdlashdkjakksjh BONE JOKE. I LOVE IT
- with Robin!
- you know, it’s like the forth Straw Hat who were getting ready to leave, changed their minds and now is asked about the change of heart. If I left a place and then had to choose between leaving forever and coming back to face questions, I would vanish into ether, never to be seen again. Straw Hats are the bravest people I ever read about
- Robin will meet Dragon :D
- Robin’s flashbacks heartbreaking as always
- but she’s okay now. And these rebels seem to be real sweethearts :)
- Franky time. He found ANOTHER laboratory in a cave. Don’t blow up this one, Franky
(I think some of the blame should go to Vegapunk anyway. Why did he made Self-Destruct Button so gigantic and left it in the open, honestly. Also, wasn’t Franky’s whole deal that you are responsible for your creations? Vegapunk isn’t looking good in that light)
- eew, research on weapons
- “I’ll right, going to live here” haha
- (by the way, his face is still exploded. He looks like a B Movie Zombie)
- Franky will ALWAYS make a spectacle of himself, bless :D
- “I need to lose weight! And I need to put on some muscle” he sounds like every friend I had in this decade (and me). We’re all the same after all
- seriously, Usopp continues to the Most Relatable Straw Hat
- “I always thought Luffy would become the Pirate King on his own. But that’s not true.” holy shit, it really hit me
- “Even Luffy can lose! That’s why… HE NEEDS ME TO HELP HIM!” ULTIMATE FRIEND USOPP, HERE WE COME
“To help you become King of the Pirates… I’m gonna become the real Sniper King!” I’m smiling so hard, guys :D
- Volume 61!
- with Law! He doesn’t want to go back to New World (back?) cause right now everyone is wreaking havoc there. Smart
- in New World, Drake is messing with Kaido’s people. That’s a smart and safe action to do (not)
- also in New World, Apoo is running from boars. What a sad end it would be if he died from them (side-eyes Robert Baratheon) ANYWAY
- he’s on some burning island, mad about his raft being too small. Shiryu claims they’re super unprepared for New World. Good
- HE HAS BONNEY!!!!
- Don’t touch her, you dick
- She kicked him right in the face :D
- “Hmpf, not very unladylike” She’s… she’s a pirate? You expect a ladylike behavior from a pirate? How stupid you are, Blackbeard? (Oda, why are you writing this)
- oh, they want to trade her for a warship
- Navy brought a warship… BUT THERE’S AKAINU ON IT!!! *laughs maniacally* these two are made for each other
- …Akainu and Bonney know each other?
- aaaand back to Marijoa. With Doflamingo, who would have thought
- oh, apparently Moria vanished before he could finish him (we saw that power in Moria’s fight with Straw Hats, remember? From what I heard, it annoyed EVERYONE). Moria is alive! (she said with surprising enthusiasm)
- yes, yes, you’re the boss here, Doflamingo, whatever
- somewhere else
- Chopper came back to the Bird Island
- lol :D
- Chopper, you lucky reindeer
- don’t be rude, Chopper :D
- “Luffy! I’m gonna get stronger… for sure!” :)
- with Sanji. Sanji, be nice :D
- he wants to learn “attack cooking”?
- Bride Training?
- BRIDE TRAINING YEEEES
- “Never! I wasn’t born to be the friend of women! I was born to love them! LIKE A MAN!” …what the fuck, Sanji.
- seriously, think before you talk. I need to wash my hands after reading this, it’s so disgusting
- “You got spirit, kid! I like you! Fine, I’ll give you a chance!” …I’m waiting for Ivankov’s “NOT” but it’s not coming… This is how it is? ODAAAAAA
- So it’s Sanji vs Karate Masters now. And they want to put him in a dress
- “Hey, Luffy! Don’t lose! The next time we meet, I’ll do whatever a great cook can to help you become King of the Pirates!”
- “I’ll even endure this hell!”
- “I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!”
Sanji’s sacrifice for Luffy should be moving, but honestly, all I’m feeling now is disappointment in Oda, Japan and their treatment of women as a whole.
- Cover: Sengoku and Garp are having lunch :)
- FIVE STARS
- they just keep being old
- oh, but they have many things to discuss. Two Warlords bailed on them, third is “dead”. Blackbeard is a frontrunner for the Emperor – apparently only other Emperors can stop him now (yikes). The balance of Three Great Powers is UNbalanced. And there’s always that “D” thing, not that they explain it
- GARP RESIGNED!!!??? Damn it
- AND SENGOKU WANTS TO RETIRE TOO YEEEESSSS
- they will teach recruits tho, Navy won’t let them go just like that. Whatever, I’m satisfied. It’s better they resign now, before Luffy will Really start causing trouble
- …wait, then who will lead the Navy now
- Sengoku is recommending Aokiji, YES PLEASE
- oh hey, Marineford is being rebuild :D
- “Did you hear? Straw Hat had caused another disturbance.” I HEARD now give me details
- 16 Rings Incident? A message? Ok
- by the way, it’s Aokiji and Smoker
- Smoker wants to go to G5. I tells me nothing. It’s in New World. At least we know we’ll see Smoker again :D
- Navy hospital
- COBY HAS HAKI
- the voices Coby heard on the battlefield? People dying. Now that I think about it, that’s the same power Aisa and Enel had (in Skypiea Arc), they just called it Mantra
- Helmeppo is jealous :D (Coby is generally unnerved)
- …ok, we’re finally learning what Luffy did
- he was with Jimbei and Rayleigh. He went to Marineford and stole a warship. Circled Mirineford once on it
- apparently it was a water burial ceremony (Luffyyyy ;_;)
- “After that, Monkey D. Luffy brazenly entered the plaza and rang the ox bell 16 times!” 16 times? Why?
- “Then he threw a bouquet onto the shattered ruins of the plaza and observed a moment of silence.” Luffy…
- “The press happily took pictures of him and reported on it.” Are you blaming them? This is PEAK journalism. And that photo is amazing
- “It seems this is his way of mourning”
- “The custom is to ring twice! He rang it 16 times! This is a direct challenge to our authority!” okay, but dude, his other way of coping could be killing you all. You lucked out, guys
- now we’re checking on Kid
- oh, 16 rings means that a New Era has begun …wow, I’m in awe
- WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK KID
- he’s crucifying people. I’m… I’ll just leave it here
- Capone (another supernova) is currently being kidnapped by aliens, but that’s a sidenote
- with Luffy and others! Finally!
- that was a message :D to Straw Hats, of course
- did Straw Hats understand?
- “I got it, I got it!” “Understood” “Alright, Luffy.” Looks like they did :D
- …with one exception. Zoro…
- what the heck happened to Franky
- (what was the message again. I know it was a time-skip thing but , AGAIN, DETAILS)
- and now all supernovas in New World are showing off how strong and scary they are
- “Every hardened warrior who sets foot in the New World even once describes the first half of the Grand Line the same way.” Oh?
“That part of the sea was paradise” D: …are we talking about the same place here.
- Cover: Kizaru and Akainu are taking care of a bonsai and generally relaxing. Huh.
- Gloom Island!!! We’re with Zoro :D :D :D!!!
- “Lord Moria was killed in the war!!!??” oh… right… my condolences, Perona…
- hey, Mihawk is here! I shouldn’t be so surprised, it’s his house
- (or is it)
- what on earth is in this newspaper that everyone is so shocked
- attention everybody, Moria is Schrödinger dead, he may or may not kicked the bucket, we’ll keep you updated
- anyway, Mihawk is worried and it’s not a good sign
- Zoro is fighting monkeys?
- damn it, I missed that green moron ;_; it really hit me right now
- marimo so loyal (he wants to get to Luffy. Small chances, Zoro)
- island and monkey lore
- “There were so many corpses that there was nowhere to stand” oh shit
- “They’re more than a match for youngsters who’s gotten too big for their britches” “You talking about me?” “Who else” lol
- “The sun’s already going down. Come to my castle.” aww
- Zoro’s declining of course *sign* my man
- with Nami
- Nami is a thief and a pirate and she REALLY wants to leave that sky island
- don’t cry, Nami :(
- SHE STOLE A WIZARD
- “Oh, little girl, you didn’t stop your crocodile tears.” “SHUT UP” :(
- Franky wants to leave too
- no, wait, he’s just running from the marines
- no, wait, he DOES want to leave
- everyone tells him not to push self-destruct button in Vegapunk’s lab. For the love of god, he wouldn’t do something so stu…
- …I stand corrected
- there go funky science things :(
- anyway, with Brook
- aww, Brook helped people capture the bandits that plagued them
- no, wait, they’re releasing them
- aaand they kidnapped him. I sense a pattern
- Cover: Tsuru and Aokiji on a boat :)
- Robin is with Revolutionaries. Did she join them?
- “The Light of Revolution… that’s what we called you.” Oh shit, this is amazing. Finally someone recognizes Robin for a badass she is
- …they searched for her? She was wanted, isn’t it great
- “What a strange twist of fate” right?
- “We want you to meet our boss. Let us take you to him.” “…No. There’s somewhere I have to go. And I don’t need your protection. I have my own friends.” It’s so good to hear, you have no idea
- you remember how Robin landed in East Blue on a bridge that was build over centuries by countless slaves?
- “Why are they building this bridge anyway?” “The Celestial Dragons ordered it built. It’s purpose isn’t important.” Jesus, CDs are at it again
- WHAT IS IN THIS NEWSPAPER
- with Sanji :D
- lol, his reactions to wanted posters :D
- oh, he’s arguing with Ivankov about Luffy’s whereabouts (hey, Ivankov)
- “I’m a manly man who loves the ladies! So stay away from me!” the lady doth protest too much, methinks
- he lost a duel :(
- transmission from Baltigo?
- Ivankov and Dragon gossip
- seriously, what did Luffy doooooooo
- oh, Dragon is calling a meeting. Whitebeard’s death shooked the global power structure, they need to use it to their advantage
- they’re both sad about Kuma too :(
- Sabaody Archipela… hey, Duval
- HE’S PROTECTING SUNNY!!!!
- bless that man :) may you find a girlfriend or something, Duval :D
- Camie and Hachi are here too! Hachi is okay now :)
- “Duval, you’re being ignored.” “You’re right. But I’m okay!” lol :D
- OH ****, KUMA’S HERE. Is that our Kuma or Pacifista?
- …oh well, in the worst case scenario, Shakky will destroy government property *shrugs*
- Alabasta!!! Seriously, who else will they show, I wasn’t aware we know so many people
- the kingdom is dealing with pirates, and not the nice kind :(
- Vivi and NEWSPAPER AGAIN SHOW US ALREADY
- Crocodile and Daz Bones are together :) and they’re going to New World together D:
- BUGGY’S REUNITED WITH HIS CREW BLESS
- and he took prisoners from Impel Down with him :) :)
- AND he got Captain John’s treasure mark :D
- “You know which way the wind blows in this world? It’s not to the east or to the west. IT BLOWS FOR ME!” IT SURE DOES BUGGY IT SURE DOES
- hey, Galdino. A letter from government? Huh
“This news is pretty shocking” …can someone tell me already what’s happening.
- Cover: Crocus, Rayleigh and Laboon :)
- someone just killed a Sea King, Law’s crew is amazed
- It’s Rayleigh!
- …he swam here practically from Sabaody Archipelago… how badass can you get
- (for interested – yes, he has abs)
- he asks if Luffy is here. Well, yeah
- (Law is always ?|||-_-|||?, haha)
- ladies on Amazon Lily are so happy Luffy is awake and ok :)
- Hancock is bringing food to Luffy. Damn, food delivery just like that
- “I keep telling you, Snake Princess, just because he hugged you doesn’t mean you two are married” it would in Regency Era
- “Then what do we have to do to be married?” huh, good question. Do you think Amazon Lily has marriage as we know it? I would think being a lesbian is a default here but marriage is mostly about sharing money and properly via binding contract in the light of law (and monogamy, can’t assume it’s practiced here). And for raising children, of course, and we know where kids come from on Kuja AND that they are most likely raised communally. Would marriage even be needed here?
- “Rayleigh!?” Luffy is piggy-riding Jimbei :D he got tired from destroying the place and all that crying
- (Hey, Law left Luffy’s hat to Rayleigh. Makes sense)
- Jimbei is shaking in his boots at the sight of the Dark King :D
- anyway, Rayleigh says they shouldn’t go to Sabaody Archipelago yet, cause Luffy’s crew isn’t there and everything
- oh, Law left :( He left doctor’s advice but small chances Luffy will listen to it
- Rayleigh and Gorgon Sisters know each other! Reunion!
- lol at Hancock
- food :)
- so Rayleigh and Shakky took Gorgon Sisters in after they’ve escaped from slavery? Wonderful :)
- Rayleigh knew where Luffy is… from Kuma? Kuma, you rock, you sad cyborg
- hah, Shakky really knows Hancock :D they give off such family vibes, I love it
- “Now let’s go down to business” TO DEFEAT THE HUNS
- “I wanna see my crew!” “Are you sure about that?”
- Rayleigh reminding him that Straw Hats were already obliterated once
- we’re literary moments from time-skip now :D
- oh, we’re having an update on the rest of the crew. Good, I miss them
- Usopp got fat
- and he tries to leave his island SO HARD, it’s touching
- what the HELL is this island, it wants to eat them
- …he learned Luffy’s brother died :( and he wants to go and comfort his friend
- same with Chopper
- aww, he helped people and birds on this island. Chopper is amazing
- Bird Express :D
- “Luffy did this? But why now!?” ????
WHAT WAS IN THIS NEWSPAPER
- Cover: Jimbei and Mihawk eat, uh, Takoyaki I think :)
- Garp is in the Windmill Village. In present day. Hm
- villagers like him! But they’re SUPER worried what will happen now after Whitebeard’s death
- “I just sank a pirate ship out there” badass
- “All the world’s seas will be unstable for some time to come” understatement :D
- “Garp, we have another problem! Some bandits came down from the mountain and took over Makino’s tavern!” “Bandits” oh. Oh wow. Time of reconning has come for Garp
- “GARP!” It’s Dadan!
- yeah, you can beat him a up a little (a lot), Dadan, It’s not exactly like he doesn’t deserve it
- “You were at the battle! They were right in front of you! HOW could you stand there and do nothing to save Ace!!!???” RIGHT???
- “Your job always came before your family! Isn’t that right, Garp!? Hero of the Navy, my foot! Go to hell, you worthless old geezer!” Dadan’s crying and beating him up again. While he deserves that beating, I DON’T think Garp considers his job more important than his family. It’s just… something ABOUT his job makes him disregard some family “duties”. It amounted to the same thing here but it’s not the same
- Makino is stopping Dadan by protecting Garp? …why?
- “Those two were within his reach, but he couldn’t save them! Don’t you see? Garp is hurting more than anyone!” …it is true. Both of these things. But, Makino, I think you’re very forgiving. You’re too good for this world, and it’s not a compliment.
- “…wrong. LUFFY IS THE ONE HURTING MOST!” oh shit, she right
- :( :( :(
- Garp says Luffy must be alive. Right, Navy doesn’t know where he is
- oh thank god, our family spat is over
*manga goes straight to Ace and Whitebeard’s funeral”
- it looks sad but badass. Exactly what I would like my grave to be if I was a warrior
- yeah, thank you, Shanks
- he’s worried about Luffy too :(
- he thinks that Ace was a lot like Roger :( and he wants Luffy to cry AND overcome his pain
- back to Amazon Lily. With Luffy
- Luffy, please somehow hear how worried all your friends and family are for you
- “Luffy…” or at least hear Jimbei
- “GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!” oh fuck
(it’s a normal reaction for a grieving person but with Luffy, who ABOVE ALL ELSE doesn’t want to be alone, it just hits you bad)
- “I can’t do that. I won’t let you go on hurting yourself” Jimbei, you are the BEST
- “It’s my body! I’ll do what I want to it!” “That’s how Ace thought. He died because he did what he wanted with his body.” Oh, building up to big revelation, I see
- and now Jimbei is letting Luffy fight him. Luffy, he’s a Warlord and you’re a mess, what are you expecting to happen
- yep, that’s what I thought
- oh, now JIMBEI’s mad at Luffy, what a twist
- “Are you blind to everything now? Where’s your confidence that you can overcome everything? What happened to that strength you never doubted?” somehow death of your loved one never comes up when you swear things like this and later it bites you in the ass. This is that moment
- “You can’t see the way forward right now! Regret and guilt are consuming you!” true
- “It may be painful for you now, Luffy! BUT FIGHT IT!”
- “Don’t dwell on what you’ve lost! What’s gone is gone forever! Try to remember… what you still have!!” …it’s so simple, yet it’s getting to me
- It’s getting to Luffy too
- he’s counting?
- we love you too, Luffy
-“…I see.” Yeah, Jimbei, good work
- flashback :)
- “Now he has a crew of his own that he can depend on. He’ll be okay no matter what happens. I feel… relieved.” I didn’t know our crew did such a good impression on Ace but I’m really glad it did
- “I want to see them right now. I WANT TO SEE THEM!” :D
Crisis both done AND averted. Happy One Piece, we’re back on track!
rOP 341 rOP 343
- Cover: oh hey, it’s ladies from the Impel Down
- Luffy is depression personified right now, no wonder
- “How long are you gonna stay like that?” let the child lie on the floor, Ace
- Ace doesn’t care about treasure he can’t protect and Luffy wants to gets lots(x100) stronger
- “So there won’t be anything I can’t protect! And nobody’ll ever have to go away!” this precious child
- “So please… don’t die, Ace!” D: ow ow ow, right in the feels, why
- “Remember this, Luffy! I’m not gonna die!” nooooo
- Ace promised to take care of Luffy, and to live life without regrets
- “We’ll set sail when we’re 17! Nothing’s gonna stop us! We’re gonna be pirates!” Well, that sure came true
- oh, what now
- no, wait, it’s Dragon, hey man
- alright, back to Goa
- “With the investigation by the World Government over, the people returned to their old ways and Trash Mountain is exactly as it was before.” …I… I’m so pissed right now, not sure what about exactly. THIS IS ******* WORST
- aww, Ace and Luffy keep training
- loool, Ace says gum-gum fruit just isn’t fit for battle :D
- Jesus, did they both just imagine Sabo
- …crazy and sad (but in a healthy way?). It looks like they’re moving on
- wait, are they arguing now
- oh, Luffy got hurt
- …looks like it was a real eye-opener for Ace. Poor kid, I think his real childhood is behind him
- oh, this is precious
- (and he did thank him!)
- we got training montage. Looks good :)
- and just like that, they got older
- “Seven years later. Ace is 17, Luffy is 14” Ace is sailing off to become a pirate :) he looks so young
- and to think 3 years later he’s already dead… he’s so full of life here
- oh Dadan. We all know you liked him, no shame in crying :)
- now THAT’S a proper Gum Gum Pistol :D
- Ace’s in the newspaper :D
- alright, 3 years later, Luffy’s 17 and off to the sea now too. We saw it actually at the very begging of this manga. Feels a little different now
- Dadan’s crying again, I love it here :)
- “Look at me, Sabo! I’m going out to sea too!” he yells at the sky
- “Goodbye! I’m off!” :D and our adventure begins :D
- “All right! Let’s go! I’m gonna be King of the Pirates!” :)
- END OF FLASHBACK!
- …wait, wait, WAIT
- “Me, become King of the Pirates?”
- lol, Sabo just straight on stole someone’s ship :D
- “He’s interfering with the ceremony!” the Celestial Dragons are coming and I hope Sabo will be long gone before they’ll come
- too late, they’re here
- what. What was that for.
- so, uh. This happened.
- …oh god, is Sabo okay?
- “Saint Jalmac! There’s a child on that boat!” “If he hoisted a pirate flag, that makes him a pirate” Are you brainless? Do you have any brain at all?
- O_O THEY DID IT AGAIN
- FUCK FUCK FUCK SABO!!!!
- the ship is now a wreck!!!!!!
- does it mean Sabo is dead or what. I would swear I heard of him as adult? No, he must be alive, even if his hat is floating around in the sea. There’s NO WAY
- on a POSITIVE note, Ace and Dadan are alive and back!
- Luffy so happy :D
- ok, so Ace says that they beat Bluejam easily but fDadan got badly burned and they had to hide and recover
- “I hope Sabo’s not worried about us” oh boy :(
- **** Celestial Dragons
- “Ace, why didn’t you run away back there?” “…Sometimes, I get so angry… And I feel like if I run away… I’ll lose something I could never get back.” …Zoro really is like Ace, eh? And looks like these instincts can be wrong. I mean, big fire, younger brother>meaningless fight, right? Well, not for Ace
- Ace says he stayed because of Luffy. Ah, ok
- ! Dadan’s remembering Garp’s talk about Roger!!!
(lol, I wrote Luffy first :D It’s Gold Roger=Pirate King=Luffy in my mind)
- …Garp really admired him, eh?
- “Even if he hates his father, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.” It really didn’t. I love Dadan noticed it
- oh, Dogura’s, the fellow bandid, came back from the city. He saw Sabo’s… demise
- …he told them and they don’t believe him :( to be honest I didn’t believe too though I saw it with my own eyes
- “It’s true! It was so sudden I doubted my own eyes! I thought it was a dream or something!” right? Would you believe it, if you were Luffy and Ace? They survived Gray Terminal but Sabo is dead even though he was in a way safer place? Where’s logic in this, right?
- “Sabo… You weren’t happy after all.” “Why didn’t we try to take him back?” kids… :(
- “I’m gonna avenge Sabo!” ACE NO
- DADAN HAD ENOUGH
- “It’s this nation that killed Sabo! It’s this world! Do you think you can do anything about it? Your father died and changed the entire era! Become as big a man as him before you even think about getting yourself killed!” wow, what a speech. This is the most parental Dadan ever was. But truly, she gave Ace even more issues here. I’m not mad, she also saved his life at the moment
- (we really get to see what made Ace that way. All his issues in retrospect, his whole character, how his convictions were his strengths and weaknesses both all along)
- Luffy cried all night :(
- They got letter post-mortem from Sabo!
- I’m typing all of it in one go
- “Ace, Luffy, did you get hurt in the fire? I’m worried about you guys, but I know you’re all right. Unfortunately for you two, be the time you get this letter I’ll already be at sea. A lot of stuff happened, but I decided to set sail before you, guys. My destination is anywhere but here. I’m going to become stronger so I can be a pirate. Pirates are freer than anyone else in this world. We brothers should all become pirates one of these days! Then we can meet again somewhere out there. This ocean is vast and free! We’ll meet again someday!
Another thing, Ace, are you the oldest brother or am I? It might be weird to have two oldest brothers and one little brother, but the bond we share is the greatest treasure we have. Luffy is still weak and a crybaby to boot…”
- oh hey, Dragon’s on the cover, he’s watering communication snails :) We’re having really nice covers of late
- we’re with Bluejam. King betrayed him and left him to die
- and his ship is on fire too?
- alright, I feel bad for him, I won’t lie. But we all know he had it coming
- “Royal Place” now there’s a guy I hate
- “How annoying. It’s nighttime but the southern sky is so bright.” “I’m terribly sorry, Your Majesty! We’ll close the curtains right now!” THAT! THAT… YOU… I… If Impel Down has to exist in this world, then you should be there, “Your Majesty”
- oh god, look at that
- this ^ is like, Pure Evil, in its most mundane form
- people in Gray Terminal keep running around but there’s no escape
- there’s so much fire
- Luffy and Ace foind Bluejam and his crew!
- “Let’s die together” don’t drag them down with you, Bluejam
- HOW CAN YOU THINK ABOUT TREASURE IN THIS SITUATION BLUEJAM!!??
- yep, he’s insane
- you don’t even know Sabo, leave the kid alone
- FUCK DON’T HURT LUFFY!!!! FHLSAKJDHFJKLDFSHLKD
- … …Ace had the same reaction as I
- Ace has Conqueror’s Haki :) (…or had)
- (why didn’t you use it at Marineford. It’s just… arghhhh, nevermind)
- yeah, it looks bad
- !! DADAN TO THE RESCUE!!!
- “Now… LET’S RUN!” “I will never run away!” ACE FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY…
- oh, Dadan will help. NEAT
- meanwhile, people of Gray Terminal lost all hope cause there’s no way of escape (but then how Dadan and her bandits got there?_
- “!!That explosion opened a path through the fire!” OH THANK GOD
- IT WAS DRAGON AND IVANKOV
- thank god again
- oh, Kuma is there too :)
- “I will change the world one of these days” …alright. I believe you.
- “These of you with the will to fight for freedom! Get on this ship!” everyone, get on going
- the fire kept going through the night
- Ace and Dadan didn’t come back…” SHIT
- “…after the holocaust at the Gray Terminal” …yeah, holocaust. Yeah.
- it’s later now. Poor Luffy, he’s with bandits now. No Ace, no Sabo, and even no Dadan. Only him and his sliced face
- “Military is exterminating the survivors” how common is this practice with WG.
- what I don’t understand is why Garp isn’t there. Dragon may not know Luffy lives here, therefore is excused for not checking on him, but Garp? Maybe it’s still too early for him to show up
- poor Luffy
- Gray Terminal again
- “I expected more bodies” FUCK ALL THIS
- AND FUCK SABO’S DAD SPECIFICALLY
- I have no words to describe the level of cruelty shown here. I’m really lost for words. And the fact this fictional stuff is quite comfortably based on many, many real atrocities makes it all so much worse. I would say more if all this evil wasn’t so horribly real
- fuck Celestial Dragons
- “Hey, there’s a ship out there!” ?
Sabo’s escaping!!!! You can do it, Sabo!
- Smoker and Hina on cover. They’re on leave I see
- where were we? Oh right, father abducting his own son
- “One of your trio was an aristocrat. Deep down, he probably despised you two” you take that back this instant, mister
- “Sabo isn’t like that! We’re brothers!” yeah!
- what is it, by the way. I’m glad Ace and Luffy weren’t “dealt with” by Bluejam but I’m a little confused right now
- oh. This is being “dealt with” by Bluejam. He’s offering them job on his ship. Horrible circumstances, but also lol
- “I don’t know what’s really best for Sabo.” “He’s strong! If he really hates it there, he’ll come back to us.” Aww. I’m glad they’re not endangering themselves further, Sabo’s sacrifice wasn’t for nothing
- speaking of sacrifice, how is Sabo’s doing
- being blackmailed by his dad I see *dials child services*
- (he didn’t go for it, by the way. I’m proud of you Sabo even if that didn’t change anything)
- physical abuse too? Sure, sure
- ah, ‘how law works for rich people’ in action
- “Welcome home, young master” ha ha, this is fine
- adopted younger brother?
- wow, pitting them against each other even before they meet? It’s like they’re going through Worst Parents Ever Manual, trying to check all the boxes like it’s Bingo
- (I really hope there are no more despicable parents in One Piece, for I won’t think of a better phrase for this than that^ . Sadly, Garp remains a pretty bad parent, so we need to bring worse ones to make him look pretty ok, considering)
- wait, what. They’re going to set fire to the Gray Terminal (our trash pile)!!!??? Shit, Luffy and Ace
- also, they really don’t care for environment, lol
- oh, it’s because of Celestial Dragons. They want to look good, so they’ll burn all the trash. Don’t they know it will stink like hell? They’ll poison themselves
- ok, no, that’s not important, Ace and Luffy are important, time to save them. And all the other people who LIVE THERE, good point Sabo, I totally forgot
- “They’re going to burn this country’s trash! ALL of it.” “…Even the people?” …damn, I got chills
- Sabo ran into the night and found out where they’re hiding the fuel and explosives they’ll use to burn everything
- next day
- everyone knows about the fire. And nobody cares :(
- Sabo is SCARED and so am I
- to Trash Mountain he goes, he wants nothing to do with these highland people
- Bluejam told Luffy and Ace about the fire. And now they’re kinda hostages, I think. There’s no way Bluejam cares if they live or die
- shit, they actually did it. They burnt Gray Terminal
- “It’s like a wildfire!” *remembers Jaime Lannister fondly* I wish Jaime was here to stab everyone responsible
- People in Gray Terminal are DYING and running away but there’s nowhere to run and it’s panic everywhere and god, why
- oh, Captain Bluejam did it cause he wanted to be an aristocrat but they trapped him and his crew on Trash Mountain. Genocide doesn’t pay off, huh?
- Luffy and Ace are right in the middle of this fire :(
- “What’s wrong, young man?” wait, is that…
- yes, it is Dragon
- WHY ARE YOU HERE WITH SABO INSTEAD OF SAVING YOUR SON! IF YOU’RE SO GREAT THEN HELP BOTH OF THEM!
- “I’m ashamed I was born an aristocrat!” “Goa Kingdom! You’ve caused this boy to despise his own kind…” LUFFY AND ACE ARE HIS KIND
- “I understand. I was born in this country too! But I still don’t have the power to change it.” Oh
- “What I said… matters to you?” “Of course it does. I’ll never forget it.”
- “Dragon! The preparations are ready!” “All right.” Preparations, you say
Please be a plan of “How to Put Out The Fire In Gray Terminal”.
- Volume 60! (And year 2010. Man, I feel old)
- huh, character page looks totally different. There’s no Shanks, for once, and it looks like the whole volume will be a Flashback Fest.
At least we know where each of Straw Hats are. Look at that:
Neat (except that Zolo nonsense)
- aww, Magellan and Hannyabal on the cover. I hope Magellan is doing better now, he wasn’t well after that break-out
- wow, humble beginnings of a Gum-Gum Pistol
- but it’s so nice they train together :)
- children so strong :D
- Narration kicked in, they mention Trash Mountain
- “Another city lies even father north but a huge stone wall blocks the road” wall? *intense Trump flashbacks* put it back, I don’t want it
- “Look! The trash is here! Let’s go treasure hunting!” – Supernatural fandom
- so city is more miserable than a trash mountain?
- “Trash hunters patrol the street” I’m starting to think living in the jungle is a better deal here
- lol, our boys did the “three kids in a trenchcoat” trick :D
- “And in the middle of that, surrounded by a high stone wall, is the highland, where the royal family and the aristocrats live.” Wow. Now I’m thinking Attack of Titan
- “This is the Kingdom of Goa. Thought to be the most beautiful land of the East Blue, it is spotlessly clean. It is considered a successful example of a society where everything unnecessary is removed.” Lies, all of it, aristocrats are still here. Give it a century or two and they’ll have their Red October :(
- so Windmill Village is in the Goa Kingdom but is super isolated? Good for Luffy I think, he had few years of normal childhood
- our kids are wreaking havoc. I kinda wish they didn’t go to the city, especially as CD are supposed to be here too
- “Sabo? Sabo! Wait! You’re alive! Come back home!” “!!” …what?
- “Who is that guy?” “Must have mistook me for somebody else!” LIEEEES give me the drama
- back in the jungle. Now Sabo is facing an interrogation :D
- “You sure you want to have secrets between us? TALK” THE DRAMA
- ! :D
- “You’re the son of an aristocrat?” “I am.” “…so?” …children these days
- “Both my parents are still alive. I’m no orphan. I wasn’t even born on Trash Mountain. That guy back there was my father.” Then why… are you here, Sabo? I mean, how did it even happen?
- “Why would an aristocrat run off to live at Trash Mountain?” right?
- is that a flashback inside a flashback. Did I fall into Naruto Universe
- oh, parents with ambitions. Horrible
- A knife? Yikes
- “All they care about is wealth and status. Not me! If I can’t marry a girl from a royal family, I’m no better than trash. So they forced me to study and take lessons every single day. Then they’d fight if I couldn’t learn fast enough. I was just a nuisance in that house.” so he ran away. Children in One Piece are hardcore
- “I may not be an orphan but I’ve always been alone. The aristocrats look down on Trash Mountain but it’s still better than that suffocating highland, living a strict regimented life year after year.” A golden cage, you say. It’s great Oda put it here but it’s weird to hear all this from a 10 year old
- but it explains the top hat :D
- “I want to see the world and write a book about it! And navigation is the one thing I like to study! Let’s get strong and become pirates!” aww, little Nami protoplast :)
- “You don’t have to convince me! I’m gonna be a pirate and win, win, win! I’ll be famous all over the world! I’ll prove my life’s worth something! No matter how many people in the world don’t approve of me, no matter how many hate me, I’m gonna become a great pirate and show them all!” oh Ace
- “I won’t run away from anyone! I won’t lose to anyone! I don’t care if they call me a villain! I’ll make the whole world know my name!” is that me or does it sound like Zoro. Luffy really knew who he wanted in his crew, huh?
- well, what are your convictions, Luffy?
- “I want to be…” yes?
- they didn’t tell us. That’s super rude
- but apparently it was funny
- whoops, they all want to be captains :D
- “We’ll decide our future in the future” famous last words, Ace
- excuse me, is that alcohol
- yep, it is
- “If you exchange cups, it makes you brothers.” !
- “When we become pirates, we may not be on the same ship together but the three of us will always be brothers!” this is great
- “No matter where we are or what we do, this bond will never be broken! Starting today… we’re brothers!”
- and so they were brothers
- beautiful montage of their lives together
- honestly, it looks like a good life
- wait, what is it
- Give Sabo back! Bluejam!” “Give him back? What nonsense is this? Sabo is my son!” …what
- HOW IS THAT… NO I DON’T CARE JUST LEAVE SABO ALONE YOU TRASH PARENT
- “I left of my own free will!” “You be quiet!” Where’s Robin when you need her to snap someone’s neck
- now you want to hurt my boys!?
- “Please, don’t hurt them! They’re my precious brothers!” “Sabo!”
From 0 to 100, as always.
- *freeze frame* Luffy, tied to a tree and about to be killed, AGAIN: You’re probably wondering how I got myself in this situation
- Luffy’s kidnappers just realized that Luffy is quite squishable. Please be too stupid for swords?
- Why are they punching… god, there’s blood too
- “AAA! That hurt! I’m scared! Help!” and somehow Luffy managed to grow up into a pretty healthy and optimistic individual. Resilience on some children
- Meanwhile, Ace and Sabo are relocating their treasure (because Luffy knows where it is and is currently “interrogated”). What are the chances they’ll help Luffy? Pretty small. Right?
- Pirates can’t get good info on Ace and Sabo’s whereabouts, haha
- sometime later…
- treasure relocated, it’s sundown and Luffy STILL didn’t talk. Not that I expected him to, our boy ain’t no snitch
- map. Huh, it’s not that far from Windmill Village
- …wow, even these pirates think it’s cruel to beat Luffy like that
- yeah, they’re getting desperate
- “That guy’s with Bluejam. He’s got the aristocracy in his pocket.” ? how does that even work
- lawless land :(
- “Won’t tell!” “Fine! Then die!” D: D: D:
- “STOP!!” :D :D :D
- It’s Ace and Sabo!! They DID came!! YES!!!
- Rescue him!!
- little murder children :D
- mission success!!!
- wait, what are you doing, Ace
- “I’m never running from a fight!” For the love of… he sure didn’t grow out of it
- “I won’t lose to a kid!” ha!
- …Bluejam killed that pirate that tortured Luffy (AND lost to children)… I…
- well, back to children then
- Ace is being scolded :)
- “Do you have a death wish!?” …in the light of recent events…
- LET LUFFY CRY
- he can’t even thank them properly cause Ace keeps yelling at him
- “WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST TELL THEM!? You knew these guys kill women and children without a second thought!” “If I told them, I couldn’t be your friend anymore!” LUFFYYYYY
- “So what!? It’s better than dying! Why do you want to be friends with me so bad anyway?”
“BECAUSE!! I GOT NOBODY ELSE!!”
- “I can’t go back to Windmill Village. And I hate bandits! If I don’t follow you, I’ll be all alone. I don’t want to be alone! I hate it more than being hurt!” …I knew it. Luffy above all else doesn’t want to be alone (it showed a little at Amazon Lily)
- “What about your parents?”
“I don’t have any family except Grandpa.”
“So you feel better when you’re around me? You… you need me?”
That combo walked into my home and kicked me in the teeth
- “Do you… want me to be alive?” “?! Of course!” the issues in this panel
- …ok, drama’s over I think. Time for some BROTHERLY BICKERING, at last. I’m so glad
- lol, while Ace and Luffy are bonding, Sabo is like “Hey, I’m even more homeless than before, a little help here?” (he lived in the junkyard, pirates will hunt him now)
- SO THEY TOOK HIM WITH THEM TO DADAN LOL
- :) all well that ends well. Now there’s three of them
- so they’re in Goa Kingdom, cool
- “Some sort of big shot is coming to the kingdom and it’s making headlines” oh?
- “So What’s so great about these people… Celestial Dragons?” !!!!! oh no.
Absolutely nothing, Dadan. Absolutely nothing.
- Ew, these two guys from Thriller Bark I kinda wish ended up deceased are on the cover. Forgot their names, glad at the fact
- “I hate bandits” um, Luffy, maybe don’t say it in the middle of a bandit lair
- Dadan yells a lot, huh
- “”Starting tomorrow, I’m gonna work your butt off! Cleaning, washing, shoe polishing, weapon polishing! Stealing, plundering, fraud, murder! You got that!?” Baaaack up, some things are not like the others here
- (damn, it really is a boot camp for orphans/orphan-alikes. Garp must be rich, only a rich person would think of it)
- “You only get this much food! Fend for yourself!” hmmmmmm
- “Okay” “What? Isn’t this where you’re supposed to cry?”
- “One time Grandpa left me alone in the jungle” I knew about it but. Garp’s A+ Parenting strikes again
- no, seriously, all this sequence makes me go
- yes, Ace and Luffy bonding time!
- what the… that’s a whole *** tree
- ACE STOP TRYING TO MURDER YOUR BROTHER
- JESUS I KNOW YOU’RE AN ANGSTY KID BUT THERE ARE LIMITS and the limits is throwing your brother off the bridge into an abyss
- gee, such caring individuals, these bandits. Shouldn’t they care more about brats, for their own self-interest? I assume it’ll get better but it doesn’t look good right now
- “He’s a demon child!” NOT YOU TOO DADAN ACE’S IN YOUR DAMN CARE
- “One night a week later…” …I just can’t believe it. A WHOLE WEEK!?
- Luffy’s back by the way
- AND HE STILL WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH ACE. I know how Luffy is as an adult but to see this child so desparate for companionship he’ll live through This to befriend someone… I kinda want to strangle Garp now
- Three months. I’m at my limit
- hey look, a junkyard. Of course we’re letting a child in there
- “All thing unwanted end up here. Things… and even people.” Oda doesn’t play around
- Sabo? We’re meeting Sabo!
- Great hat, Sabo! Why are you here, child!
- aww, they’re saving money to become pirates
- “You guys wanna be pirates? Me too!” lol, Luffy’s here
- they went and tied him up
- “Are you Ace’s friend? Be my friend too!” this poor child
- “If we let him go, he’ll tell the whole world.” Oh, like he has anyone to talk to
- “We gotta kill him” “Yeah” WHAT
- “Kill him!” “I don’t know how!” “Me neither!” damn it children WHY
- Pirates Who Ace Stole Money From Alert everyone hide
- oh Luffy
- “Help me, Ace!” …it lowkey hurts my heart, that thing here
- wow, you’re a terrible liar, Luffy
And that’s the story of how Luffy got kidnapped, soon to be tortured. Stay tuned
- “Two weeks after Paramount War…” wait what. They did a timeskip? Did Luffy wake up?
- yeah, world is still a mess
- Ivankov are leaving AND leaving Luffy to Jimbei
- as said before, Law is staying at Amazon Lily
- EVERYONE LUFFY WOKE UPPPPPPPPPP
- yep, Hancock’s still a simp
- “First Impel Down and then Navy Headquarters. That’s like an ant diving into a hurricane! Returning alive is something only a god could do. What do the heavens want from this man?” Grandma is thinking hard
And I’ve been thinking too: if ant can survive a microwave, why wouldn’t it survive a hurricane? I would say it has higher chances of survival than humans, less weight to toss around, less things to break?
Please don’t cite me anywhere, I don’t know science
- looks like Jimbei went away with Luffy to give him a pep talk. I hope his Talk no Jutsu is stro… LAW HAS LUFFY’S HAT GUYS LAW HAS LUFFY’S HAT
- (I know many people were holding Luffy’s hat for safekeeping but I looked at that panel and my Lawlu senses went crazy. I guess I’m a shipper)
- …oh Luffy…
- “I’m sorry Luffy. I’m sorry you didn’t get to save me.” flashbacks :(
- :( :( :(
- kid, stop destroying stuff and start crying already
- me: That’s a lot of damage!
Someone: The guy or the place?
- Jimbei is here
- “It’s not a dream, is it?”
- now he’s crying
It’s hard to look at but also makes me feel better. Like, I know he won’t go on a war path or swear an oath of vengeance, you know? There’s a chance we’ll deal with it in a healthy way
- god, Luffy’s panels. Oda outdid himself again. It doesn’t look tragic, it looks a little stupid really, but Damn It, that’s a face of a man who CAN’T STOP CRYING
- Jimbei’s starting to cry too in sympathy
- oh NO, we’re getting FLASHBACKS. I think that one will be long, Oda knows he can hurt us more with it
- 10 years ago, Garp is leaving Luffy on some island
- Garp is having a bad day
- “Grandpa, I keep telling you, I wanna be a Pirate King!” “First you eat a devil fruit and now you spout this nonsense! You’re going to become the strongest Navy man ever! It was my mistake. I should never have left you in that peaceful Windmill Village.” Garp’s A+ Parenting in action I see
- Luffy is so tiny, aww
- …who’s that woman
“Dadan, Bandit, Boss of the Dadan Family, Ace and Luffy’s foster parent” …Garp, what were you thinking
- they’re parenting for Garp so he won’t arrest them? Good deal for them but only Garp would think of it
- :D Ace’s and Luffy’s first meeting :D
- angsty 10 year old Ace, aww
I’m sure everything will go smoothly with them :D
- „The Paramount War has ended!! Navy Headquarters is victorious!” first of all, it wasn’t a war, it was a battle that lasted… what, 4-5 hours? Second of all, citizens of Sabaody should hide somewhere from tsunami or something, not celebrate
- “Seven ships float in the sea off Marineford” …I assume that’s the rest of Supernovas, they were all scheming something. And Hello, Mr. Dinosaur
- “The burden of a new pirate era falls on their shoulders. They have witnessed this historic event with keen interest” I wanted to be super cynical about it because they actually don’t have to take over and it isn’t like they even knew Whitebeard. Then I imagined, like, how would I feel in their place in the real life and, yeah, no
- “They stand and watch the dust settle” cool
- “It won’t take long. Whitebeard’s territory will become a sea of blood.” Ah. Right, there’s that too. Capone is extremely right. I’m sorry, people living in Whitebeard’s past territory, you’re ******
- “The key here is Blackbeard” he sure is. I’m glad everyone knows it
- now they wonder if Law will really help Luffy *looks at next 500 chapters of One Piece* hm, tough question
- “How odd. No matter what I do, Straw Hat’s survival rate won’t go to zero.” :D :D :D thank you, Hawkins. I also want to inform you I believe in your card magic 100%
- well, Kid says the balance of the world is tipped. You know what it means? It means CHAOS
- (it means higher bounty for Luffy)
- “A turbulent New Era has begun!” Yeah!!!
- oh right, it looks like this chapter is all just reactions to the battle
- honestly it looks like every single person is celebrating. Damn it, they really were scared of this war. The sad thing is, their lives will change anyway
- “Let us praise these brave heroes!” the only hero on Navy’s side was Coby and I don’t take criticism
- “The entire world was still giddy from this great event” yep
- “The Navy’s victory did not necessarily bring peace. The death of Whitebeard caused a power vacuum” yeah, people in Whitebeard’s territory are ****** as predicted
- total change of scenery! With Hancock and Law now! (they met on the sea)
- don’t be like that Law, we all know Luffy will survive
- oh hey Ivankov, how did you get the… oh, stowaways, all of them
- Kamaba… hey, they’re going to where Sanji is!
- Luffy did so much for Ace, but it was in vain :( (as in ‘Ace’s dead”, not “it was pointless’ kind of way)
- “There’s no Justice in this world! It’s no wonder his mind and spirit were crushed under the weight of it all!” I wonder how Oda will get Luffy out of it. It’s hard to write things like this well
- “By the way, who are you? Straw Hat Boy’s friend?” “No” *looks at spoilers* *laughs maniacally*
- hey, Jimbei’s ok!
- he worries about Luffy’s mind when he wakes up. Yeah.
- Hancock will take them to Kuja, so Luffy and Jimbei can rest in peace. Best Plot Device Girlfriend ever
- at Marineford, Sengoku is checking if Impel Down still stands. Sadly, yeah, barely
- Magellan? My… ok, whatever, my man?
- You tell them, Sengoku
- oh right. Blackbeard told prisoners on Level 6 t fight to death, he’ll take champions with him. This is so… World Government. I can’t find better insult, I’m sure Blackbeard’s proud of this one
- HE ONLY TOOK 4 F THEM? SO WHERE’S THE REST???
- Sengoku, I suggest you feign dementia and retire, this is a catastrophe ( that you will be blamed for)
- wait, Government wants the Impel Down incident covered? Ok, not that surprising
- not for Sengoku apparently
- “THAT’S ABSURD!” I think he finally lost it for real
- ok, last page and we’re done
- …wait, what
- Why is Doflamingo killing Moria??
Sometimes I can’t believe how REAL that manga can get. Well done, Oda.
- Title: “The War’s Conclusion” yeah!!
- aww, Tashigi and Coby are interacting on the cover
- “Shanks?! He’s the one who dragged Luffy into the life of piracy!” oh wow, Garp really doesn’t like him. Can’t exactly blame him, considering
- Sengoku ascended to the other plane of existence from the look of it
- “Buggy! Give that to Luffy!” and that’s how Luffy will get his hat back :) and wow, this was Shanks and Buggy’s first interaction in years
- “I have a treasure map I want to give you.” “Really?! Hold on! I’ll take it to him right now!” Shanks really knows the guy :D
- we’re getting flashbacks to the truly ICONIC first chapter
- hat delivered :) :) :)
- but Shanks doesn’t want to talk with Luffy, because Reasons. Shanks, the most important reason is that Luffy is a vegetable right now
- so cool
- oh hey, Aokiji is doing something again (by the way, all Admirals have the same rank but it’s Akainu who took control of the battle. Is that because he yells the loudest?)
- ugh, Kizaru too
- they ran
away :D :D :D Luffy is safe
- lol, Hancock assigned herself to hunt Law’s submarine :D that’s smart
- anyway, Shanks lied about the map :D good chapter
- touching reunion it is not :D Buggy’s crew is the funniest, I’m so glad they escaped
- “Hawkeye! Where are you going!?” “I agreed to fight Whitebeard… but I never agreed to fight “Red-haired” Shanks” aww, Mihawk doesn’t want to fight his friend
- looks like this battle really is ending
- “Hey Blackbeard, wanna fight?” “lol, NO, bye” suddenly everyone is a rational human being again, it’s weird
- Sengoku can’t really say anything
- “Everybody listen. Withdraw now and… allow me to save face.” …ok?
- …is that a minute of silence
- this battle really was fierce
- poor Ace and Whitebeard :(
- “We’ll see to the burial of Whitebeard and Ace. You’ve already broadcast the battle thorough the world. I won’t allow you to go on making a spectacle of their deaths.” Oh, that’s… that’s good. Didn’t exactly want to leave their bodies to the government
- “I don’t mind. I’ll take responsibility for this.” …bro move, Sengoku
- “Hurry up and treat the wounded! This war… IS OVER!”
“Thus ended the greatest battle of the Great Pirate Age. The Paramount War of Marineford will be carved deeply into the tablets of history.”
- “It’s Trafalgar Law! He’s in cahoots with Straw Hat!” :) :) :)
- “Who’s this nobody?” wow, rude. Shows that Buggy doesn’t check bounty lists
- no, things are happening, it’s total chaos right now
- …what on earth
- how does it even work
-“This power is exhilarating!” Blackbeard, I’m not an English-speaker, use simpler words, I can’t spell it in one take
- “But I can’t control it too well yet!” it’s annoying. I’m annoyed. But I’m also glad you can’t use that power well yet, Blackbeard. ALSO also I’m scared of what will you be able to do when you’ll get used to it
- “How do you like that, Budda Sengoku and Hero Garp? Do you think you can stop me!?” he sure can goat people. There’s no one who does it like him
- “The era of Whitebeard is over! You’re all obsolete now!” …well, you guys could retire, I guess. If you’re Whitebeard’s age…
- “This is creepy!” “I’m scared!” I love when Oda does that thing where small fries say big mood stuff
- …oh shit, all these earthquakes caused a tsunami! It’ll hit Sabaody Archipelago! Run, people!!
- “Please do not panic!” *everyone panics* ah, memories. Remember when pandemic just started and everyone ran to supermarkets to buy toilet paper? Bad times, bad times
- (but the memes? Memes were the best, jokes as a coping mechanism at its peak)
- oh hey, Pacifistas, I didn’t saw them in a while
- “hey! Coby! What happened to you!?” Coby? My boy?
- (I love that Helmeppo and Coby stuck together in this battle :) you could say it’s a given but it doesn’t fell like this to me)
- “I don’t know! I fell… sad!” “Sad? What?” ???????????
- “The voices in my head… They’re disappearing, one by one!!” “Huh!?” Coby, buddy, voices in your head? Since when? …Shouldn’t it be a good thing they’re disappearing? Somebody please blanket-burrito my boy and take him away from this battlefield, I can’t handle it
- “Get ahold of yourself! Don’t worry, you’ll make it out of here!” “Leave him! This battle isn’t over!” I don’t recognize that marine officer but what a dick
- “They’re still hot for blood!” “Something’s wrong! This isn’t Justice.” Tashigi and Smoker are here and have thoughts. Smoker, that was literary never a Justice. It’s just a battle. People die or get traumatized if they’re lucky, that’s it
- “This victory… has only whetted their appetites!” they went berserk mode
- This really is a Blackbeard and Akainu Show now. That’s… this is the worst.
- Law will take Luffy and Jimbei with him :)
- Kizaru, not now
- “THAT’S ENOUGH!” ??? Whose Mom Voice is it?
- “Let’s stop it! Stop fighting!” he’s… he’s standing right before Akainu, that’s some brave shit
- “IT’S A WASTE OF HUMAN LIFE!” Koby…
- I have so much respect for this man right now
- “We’ve achieved our objective! We’ve broken the pirates’ power! So why are we chasing them? It’s not necessary! It’s pure bloodlust!” …I love? A Speech Man?
- “Some of the wounded can be saved if they’re treated right away! But we’re consigning them to death and creating more casualties to boot!” look what a Lack of Voices in One’s Head does to a mother******, it gives him common sense
- “The soldiers who die from here on are… they’re just… just…” even Blackbeard is like “who’s that moron kid”. And Garp has a heart attack I think
- “THEY’RE FOOLS WHO WILL DIE FOR NOTHING!” You are a hero in my book, Coby! For speaking up here, right now!
- ok, what’s everyone’s opinion on the issue?
- “…what? Who are you? You’ve cost me precious seconds! A soldier who doesn’t serve Justice has no place in the Navy!” ha, I knew Mr. Let’s Kill Helpless Ohara Civilians would say that
- “I’m going to die! But… but I said it! I said what I had to say! I have no regrets!” my dear boy, somebody please save him!! (FUCK AKAINU)
- It IS Shanks! What is he doing here!? Wasn’t he fighting Kaido in New World or something? He saved Coby!
- Well done, young seaman. For better or for worse, those few seconds of courage… will profoundly influence the fate of this world!” god, you guys, Shanks is so COOL
- all in all, Shanks Pirates are here and Luffy has a chance of escaping
- “What’s he doing here? Why’s one of the four Emperors here?” he heard there’s a party and came to dance :D
- …is that Luffy’s straw hat
- guys, I think IT IS
“I’ve come… TO PUT AN END TO THIS WAR.” Too cool, I can’t.
- “The Fortress of Justice has protected the world’s seas for hundred of years! And look at it now!” Headquarters just collapsed :) actually, they’re so old, doesn’t it make them a relic. Would Robin be mad
- everyone is super scared of Blackbeard
- meanwhile, Blackbeard is still yelling about how powerful he is. A+++, melodrama 11/10, respect
- “To start with, I’m gonna sink Marineford!” …yeeeeeah I guess
- YEAH **** HIM SENGOKU :D
- everytime :D Blackbeard yells he’s great and gets almost murdered right afterwards. It’s good for my soul
- “We can rebuilt but pretty please don’t sink us” – Sengoku
“Lol, no” – Blackbeard
- meanwhile, Akainu is trying to kill Ivankov and Inazuma. That man just doesn’t stop, does he
- Jimbei!!! You’re so close!!
- damn it, ice again
- F*CKING AKAINU STOP PUNCHING THROUGH PEOPLE
- Luffy is even more injured now :( (I hope Jimbei will be ok!!!!!!!)
- ugh, Akainu, stop
- Damn, Crocodile, you show and vanish at the best moments!!!
- “If you wanna protect something, DO IT RIGHT! Don’t let them have their way!” I didn’t expect it from Crocodile, not gonna lie
- He’s really doing us all a solid
- oh hey Buggy
- hflkdsjfhkjsj he’s saving the day again
- “Is every single one of you willing to die for the sake of this kid?” “YES” bless
- “Who would’ve guessed that you, of all people, would be fighting for a noble case, Whitebeard Pirates!” you have no ground to stand on, Admiral “War Crimes” Akainu
- “Could it be that what you fear in him is the very thing that makes him our hope for the future?” ha! Well aid, Marco. The truth is, Whitebeard Pirates lost both Ace and Whitebeard, the most important pieces in this battle. They NEED a win and something to believe in, just to get out of this place
- Sengoku and Blackbeard are fighting :)
- “This battle just won’t end!” I wanted to say that truer words were never spoken, but I was there for Naruto’s War Arc. Marineford got nothing on That Nonsense
- “A ship… from underwater?” ??
- “Get Straw Hat in here!” ??????
- HEY IT’S LAW! LAW!! NO WONDER PEOPLE LIKE HIM!!!!
- “I’ll help him escape! Leave him to me!” !!!!
- “Straw hat guy and I may become enemies in the future, but our meeting now is the work of fate! It wouldn’t be any fun if he died here!” …you. You sailed here. How is it fate
- “I’m a Doctor!” EVEN BETTER
Law, you are my personal hero.
- Zoro and Chopper on the cover :) dammit, I miss Straw Hats
- “In the blink of an eye, the news spread through the whole world. The Whitebeard Pirates had failed to save Roger’s son, Ace, and lost their Captain, Whitebeard.” …:(
- “This great historical event will be spoken of for generations to come… but those who witnessed it with their own eyes… could only stare in silence.” ! Rayleigh!
- “So you’re gone, Whitebeard.” Yeah.
- “At the age of 72, this man, Edward Newgate, the equal of even the “Pirate King”, the great Captain of the Whitebeard Pirates, himself known as Whitebeard, died in the battle at the bay of Marineford.” 72? Wow. And who’s narrating this. If it’s your generic narration that’s great, but if it’s someone in One Piece I’ll get spooked
- “There he led his crew against the combined forces of Navy Headquarters and the Seven Warlords of The Sea, and after an epic struggle… breathed his last.” …Wow
- for all Sengoku wanted Whitebeard dead, he doesn’t look happy right now. No wonder
- ok, Whitebeard Pirates are LEAVING, for good this time
- THE **** YOU DOING, BLACKBEARD
- if you’ll **** with Whitebeard’s corpse, I swear I’ll go there and murder you myself
- what the hell, is that some sort of ritual we can’t see? Why the hell I thought he’ll eat him or something??? (even Moria didn’t do that)
- “If he fails, will we disband?” ?????????? D: I’m scared
- Buggy again, on top of his game as always
- god, his men are stupid, but I can’t not admire their loyalty
- Luffy is still a noodle and just plain unresponsive. I don’t know if Jimbei can snap him out of it today. Try in a week maybe
- “You have to snap out of it! You have to live!” Luffy has so many medical problems on top of his brand new trauma, it all caught up to him
- whoops, Ace flashback
- …we’ll only see him in flashbacks now. Anyway…
- “Jimbei, if I die, can you please look after my little brother?” how on Earth do they know each other. It really feels like Jimbei used to frequently hang out with Whitebeard Pirates
- “Even if he is your brother, we are in the world of pirates. Unless I genuinely like him, I will refuse to help and protect him.” I know Jimbei’s point is super moot in this case, for you really can’t NOT like Luffy (and he already likes him, duh) but this is a very valid thing to say. Let’s think of it that way, would you want your caretaker to despise you? (I’m ignoring the fact Luffy is an adult in One Piece. Well, adult enough to sail the seas)
- Aokiji froze the bay again. Eh
- “Just give up.” Shut UP, Akainu
- “Hand over Dragon’s son, Jimbei.” “I can’t do that. I’ve decided to protect this man with my life!” I love it here :D
- “Protect Ace’s brother!” “Ace’s family is our family!” bless you, guys
- there go Ivankov :)
- Blackbeard’s back! He didn’t eat Whitebeard’s corpse! (I’m way too relieved. It’s not like he actually would do that, lol. …right?)
- well, what happened then?
- “That stance…” ? OH FUCK
- “That’s the power of tremor-tremor fruit!” HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!???
- no, not only shouldn’t he be able to take his power, he just should go and EXPLODE. I mean, we all remember “two devil fruits” conversation from Enies Lobby, right? WHAT IS HAPPENING
- (did he eat something after all)
- “It’s the power of the dead Whitebeard! But how did he get it?!” RIGHT??? Shouldn’t that power go back to devil’s fruit or however does it work?
- “Now I have it all! I’m invincible! I’m the greatest!!!” D:
- “Then the threat of the tremor-tremor fruit still exists?” one marine just lost it and damn it, do I relate, poor guy
- “Wait! I thought it was impossible for anyone to have two different devil fruit powers!” “That’s true for normal humans… but, as you know, Teach isn’t normal! His body is… odd. Maybe that explains it.” odd HOW?
- “You see that?” “This is horrible!” I agree, random Sabaody citizen!
- “To all you commoners who love boring peace! To the Navy! To the World Government! And to all pirates! The future of the world has just been decided! Yes! As of today…”
- aww, Old Trio made a birdhouse
- Blackbeard took all prisoners from Impel Down Level 6 with him. Not so forgotten to the world anymore, huh, WG?
- “Those are the worst criminals in the world!” you know, now I’m actually confused why they’re even alive. It’s not like WG would have a problem with executing them. They’re already established as cruel and not caring about pirates’ lives, and Impel Down must cost a lot of money - Level 6 alone is a lot, just look at that giant, how much does he eat, as much as Luffy I bet. They don’t even get free labor out of it, they already have slaves, besides prisoners didn’t seem to do anything except suffering there. I don’t get it
- big name, big name, big na… oh, look, finally, an ugly woman! They’re all ugly to be honest. But hey, piracy isn’t a cat walk
- (so who’s the biggest giant around? First it was Oars, then Oars Jr., now it’s that Juan guy)
- oh right, what happened in Impel Down?
- WAIT, ARE BON CLAY OK
- Sengoku wants to know how Blackbeard got here undetected. It was hypnosis, lots of hypnosis
- “If the government had seen me as a pirate, I couldn’t have opened the Gates of Justice or infiltrated Impel Down! That’s why I needed to become one of the Seven Warlords! But now that it’s done, I don’t need that title anymore!” wow, Blackbeard used WG politics to his own gain perfectly. Respect where respect is due
- You got played, Sengoku, played HARD
- “Releasing them was your plan all along?” “Zehahahaha! That’s right! It was all about it from the beginning! And that is everything! You’ll know what I mean soon enough!” damn, what plan do you have, Blackbeard
- Whitebeard had ENOUGH
- right, Blackbeard was one of Whitebeard’s people. It’s even worse now that I know Whitebeard treats his crewmates as sons. Betrayals are the worst
- “You’re the only one I won’t call son, Teach!” …yeah
- and Blackbeard continues to say important things. Looks like we’ll get a duel on our hands
- “Thatch died, but so did Ace, Pops!” Thatch’s the guy Blackbeard killed when he ran away. And DON’T call him Pops, your rights to do that got revoked
- “I respected and looked up to you more than anybody! But you got old! You couldn’t even save one of your men from execution! I spared his life on Banaro Island but that was a waste!” !!! Ace WAS saved from execution! He WAS saved!! He just acted stupid right afterwards and protected his brother!!!!!! It’s completely different!!! And, and, do you just like to hurt people or what
- “Your powers have no effect on me anymore!” *Whitebeard stabs him* YEAHHHHH
- “That hurt, blast you!” lol
- no mercy for you bro
- Blackbeard’s crew jumps in to kill Whitebeard! Wasn’t it supposed to be a duel
- no, he’ll really die this time
- yep, flashbacks started
- oh hey, it’s King Roger
- “Want me to tell you how to get to Raftel, Whitebeard?” “I won’t go even if you tell me. Not interested in that” huh. I’m not surprised, but then where did Ace get the notion Whitebeard wanted to be a Pirate King?
- “What is that “D.” thing anyway?” “You wanna know? Then I’ll tell you” !!!!!!!!!!!!! WE COULD HAVE KNOW!! Somehow (I’m salty)
- “You’re not him…” hm?
- “The man Roger is waiting for… is definitely not you, Teach.” OH BURN
- “Just as there are some who inherited Roger’s will… someone will eventually do the same for Ace. You can sever bloodlines, but their flames will never be extinguished.” Yeah!!!
- “It has been passed down like than since ancient times! Someday one will arise who will challenge the world… and shoulder centuries of history.” …Is Whitebeard recalling the prophecy? Are prophecies a thing in One Piece? Anyway, this is IMPORTANT, I hope Sabaody and world hears that
- “Sengoku, you and the World Government… fear the Great War that will come to this world one day!” ?
- “I’m not interested in the treasure, but when it’s found… the whole world will be turned upside down!” oh, he’s talking about One Piece
- “Someone will find it. That day will come”
- “The One Piece… DOES EXIST!” Sabaody hears!! It’s live!!
- oh no. Here come the tears
- “Forgive me, my sons. I couldn’t finish off that fool. This is it for me. You’ve given me everything.” damn it
- “What kind of pirate isn’t interested in treasure? Then what do you want?” “There is something I wanted ever since I was a boy.”
- “A family” *through tears* told you
- “I owe you everything, my sons. Farewell.” Farewell, Whitebeard. You were great
- “Huh? H-he’s dead… but he’s still standing!” huh?
- “Whitebeard is dead! Even in death, even with half his face gone, he would never fall. He will forever be remembered as a monster for the way he destroyed his enemies that day.”
- “In this one battle alone he suffered 267 sword wounds… was struck by 152 bullets…and 46 cannon blasts. And yet…”
- “..neither that mighty body… nor his pirate’s pride…”
“…suffered even one “coward’s wound”!”
- “ACE!” everyone is crying like there’s no tomorrow
- poor, poor Luffy
- “Fire Fist Ace is dead!” on Sabaody everyone is shocked, Shocked I’m telling you. It’s not like all that stuff was about killing Ace specifically, of course not
- “This is bad! His mind’s completely crushed! He could die!” WELL DO SOMETHING THEN
- FUCKING AKAINU NOT AGAIN
- “I won’t let you take his life!” Marco! He protected Luffy!
- yes, take Luffy and GO
- “We have to protect him for Ace!” yeah!!
- FUCK THE MAN WHITEBEARD
- Whitebeard’s fighting Akainu!
- @#$%, HIS SKULL
- now he’s Definitely dying
- lots of cracking. Akainu doesn’t have bones anymore, he has bone dust
- “Navy Headquarters is falling!” or it could be that
- “Blast you…” wow. He split the island. He really could send them all into middle of the ocean
- “Even after losing half your face… you still have the strength to do this?” holy shit, he REALLY doesn’t want to die first (unlike ACE)
- (actually, how devil fruit users like Whitebeard or any logia type train their abilities? Is the training mental? Physical? Depends on experience and imagination really? Just a thought)
- “Pops! Ace!” “If you’re gonna cry, do it on board a ship!” I can’t help but lol
- “Hurry up and make sail!” YEAH HURRY UP get out of that cursed place already
- …what is happening?
- hidden giant?
- someone’s on the execution platform?
- “YOU! HOW DID YOU GET HERE!?” who?
- It’s Blackbeard. Eh.
My enthusiasm is non-existent. Whitebeard, kick his ass.
- New Volume. Honestly, how does Oda manage to end his volumes on such cliffhangers? The last Big One I remember was Zoro vanishing
- but coming back to the issue at hand, ACE HAS A GIANT FIST IN HIS TORSO
- “ACE IS HIT!” I should be more shocked, like these guys, but I’m more…
- …and I really want to meme but don’t know what yet
- let’s start with “wait, that’s illegal” and go from there. Because he was already FREE, GODDAMMIT, HE WAS ALREADY FREE
- I think Marco’s soul left his body
- huh, why is Aokiji like this? I thought he would expect it from Akainu?
- Garp… I think he stopped expecting Ace’s death when Luffy punched him. All whole 2 seconds of nepotism for NOTHING
- Whitebeard… I think he’s angry
- Sabaody saw that
- shooting Akainu now won’t change a thing, man. But where is the most important reaction? Luffy?
- FUCKING STOP TRYING TO SACRIFICE THEMSELVES HOLY SHIT JUST STOP IT STOP IT! WE ALREADY GOT A DEAD MAN HERE! JUST STOP
- “What are you doing, GARP?” Sengoku?
- “Keep holding me down, Sengoku! If you don’t, I… I’ll kill Sakazuki!” “YOU FOOL!” !!! (he means Akainu) FUCKING SAME. He really is a father
- Marco and Vista are attacking Akainu with haki!
- “Ugh, you haki users… can be such a handful. Can’t you see that fire fist can’t be saved?” that step of grief is called ANGER FOR A REASON AKAINU
- jhfsgjfdbshjk Ace is falling into Luffy’s arms. Fuck
- “I’m sorry… Luffy…”
- sir, are you aware that this is horrifying
- “I’m sorry you didn’t get to save me. I’m sorry…” DON’T
- “Hurry up, Doctor! He needs first aid!” HOW DO YOU TREAT A HOLE DOES HE EVEN STILL HAVE LUNGS
- “It’s no use! I know I’m dying! My guts have been burned out! I’m not gonna last long! So… listen to me Luffy!” what will be your last wo….
- “What are you saying!? Are you gonna die, Ace?! Y-you promised me, remember?! You said you’d never die!! Isn’t that what you told me, Ace?!” you did promise him, Ace, why are you breaking your word
- “Yeah. It reminds me of Sabo. If I didn’t have a little brother that needed to be taken care of… I would’ve given up then.” …ok, I heard the name Sabo and not much else but truly? Ace, you were like that that long?
- “Nobody wanted me. It couldn’t be helped.” Everyone wants you! Luffy wants you! Whitebeard wants you! The whole Whitebeard Fleet and whole World Government wants you! You were adopted through a literal kidnapping! You have a fucking ‘Wanted’ poster!
- Who cares what some stupid bandits thought about you! This is so unfair
- “I know. If you ever see Dadan again… please give my regards. Dying makes me nostalgic… even for Dadan.” Why is this happening. What is the point of this
- “But there’s one thing I’ve left undone. I wasn’t able to see your dream through to the end.” Ace
- “But you… I know you can do it. You’re my little brother!” Ace, don’t die
- “Just like I swore back then… I have no regrets!” “Liar!” “I’m not lying!”
- “What I really wanted… wasn’t fame. All I wanted was to know… whether or not should I be born.” What kind of dream is that?
- “I can’t even shout anymore. Tell everybody what I say to you.” Stop traumatizing your brother, Ace. And me, too
- “Pops! Fellow Pirates! And… Luffy.” OH GOD WHITEBEARD’S CRYING THIS IS THE LAST STRAW
*becomes a fountain*
- “I’ve always been such a hopeless person… I was demon spawn… the son of the devil!”
- “Thank you… for loving me!”
- …is that a smile
- I can’t breathe
Same. Hard same.
- “AAAAAA!!!! MARINEFORD IS CRUMBLING!!” this is what I call an appropriate reaction
- “He’s really going to destroy the whole island!!” damn, ok
- “Pops!” “Can’t you follow your Captain’s orders? Get away from here, you lousy brats!” I don’t know if it’s the good time to mention it, but I love how Whitebeard addresses everyone, it’s always some old, weird sounding version of “hooligans” and “brats”
- “Kill Whitebeard! He’s on his last breath!” …I dead on think they’ll really kill him. At least he saw Ace rescued
- fuck, Ace, don’t do anything stupid
- “Now that he doesn’t have to worry about Ace, he’ll do everything he can to send Marineford to the bottom of the sea! All in exchange for his life!” stop scheming, Sengoku
- Garp is fine!
- oh hey Buggy
- oh SHIT, camera is back on. Sabaody sees them again!
- God, Whitebeard is a beast
- that evacuation should go faster
- Ace, WHAT are you doing D:
- oh, last words time
- “Tell me, Ace… were you happy with me as a father?” “Of course!” …:)
- Jimbei is herding them :) and he’s crying for Whitebeard :( seriously, how do they know each other
- Akainu, noooooo
- oh no, YOU DIDN’T just say that
- ACE NO PLEASE NO
- GOD NO HE STOPPED
- Don’t listen TO HIM ACE JUST GO
- Don’t let him provoke you, Ace
- (I’m not writing what Akainu said because he’s WRONG and also FUCK THAT MAN he only speaks trash)
- no, YOU’RE trash, Akainu!!!
- (oh god, I’m just like Ace)
- and now Ace got hurt!!! Fucking just GO already, do I really need to BEG
- “Hey, Ace’s vivre card!” …and?
- “Gold Roger The Pirate King and Dragon the Revolutionary! How surprising that their sons are blood brothers.” Um, no? This one is Garp’s doing, thank you very much
- “You’re both criminals by blood! You’ll never be allowed to escape!” no!
- “You brothers won’t get past me!” ok, why does it feel like that OH FUCK
- “Just watch” waitwaitwaitwaitwait!!!!!!! Not Luffy!!!!!!!!!
- D: D: D: DFKJHKDLFKJHFKDGLHJ;DLnononoJHGRSJZ,NHMFDJS,MNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- “Fire Fist Ace is free!” at last!
- “Straw Hat really did it!” “After all these impossible stunts at Impel Down, he finally did it!” “I knew you could do it!” this is wonderful
- “Keep your guard up, Luffy!” right, they still need to run away
- aww, Whitebeard’s smiling
- “Can you still fight, Luffy?” “Of course! Huff, huff…” *rolls eyes* sure you can. The problem is you have to
- “I never dreamed I’d see the day, when you had to save me. Thanks, Luffy.” You’re very welcome, Ace :D
- oh, they’re being shot at
- brothers fighting together!! It’s great!
- “Look at that teamwork!” haha! :D
- Aokiji vs Ace, nice
- “This is unacceptable! How could I let this happen?” I don’t know, Sengoku, you… holy shit, look at his abs
- “Heh heh heh, just let them go! It’ll make the future a lot more interesting!” “Don’t talk nonsense!” Doflamingo, what, since when are you voice of readers everywhere
ship! Everyone hop on, we’re
going shopping leaving!
- huh? Oh, it’s Squard! He wants to stay and help everyone escape (and die for the crime of stabbing Pops)! Convenient, that.
- Whitebeard stopped the ship with one hand
- “Don’t you realize how cruel it is to make a father bury his sons?” oh. Oh shit
- “And you actually think that little jab of yours hurt me?! Everybody grows old and dies eventually.” …Whitebeard?
- “We’ve done what we came here to do. Our business here is finished! And now these are… my final orders as your Captain! Listen carefully, Whitebeard Pirates!” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- “Final!?” “I don’t want to hear that!” “Aren’t we going back to the New World together?!” D:
- “It’s time for us to part ways! You must all survive and return to the New World!” D:
- “I’m a relic of a bygone era! No ship can carry me into a new age! GET AWAY FROM HERE, MY SONS!” …I…
- “Don’t turn back, a new age is coming!”
- “A pirate who’s not interested in treasure? Then what do you want? Well, Newgate?” something about that flashback and today tells me the answer was “family”…
- …and he got it.
“It’s been a long journey.”
- why is Akainu here
- “DO SOMETHING, STRAW BOY!” WELL WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO, EH???
- TALK NO JUTSU HIM LUFFY
- “I’ve been fighting pirates since long before you were born! If you want to pass, you have to kill me first, Straw Hat Luffy!” FUCKKKKKKK
- “That’s the path you two have chosen!” another reason to why Garp didn’t want them to become pirates: HE WOULD DESTROY THEM
- “I can’t do it Grandpa!” not the mini flashbacks, damn D:
- “Do it or Ace will die!!” GODDAMMIT GARP WAVER IN YOUR CONVINCTIONS OR SOMETHING
- “No!” “There will be many things in life you won’t want to do! I’ll show you no mercy!” WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS
- DON’T JUST LOOK EVERYONE! I KNOW IT’S PEAK FAMILY DRAMA BUT FUCK!
- “You’re an enemy of the state!” AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- Garp got punched in the face!!! But more importantly, he DID waver!!!!
- lol, he landed head deep in the ground
- “You’re a father before you’re a Navy man, eh, Garp!” Sengoku, I don’t know what to tell you, you shouldn’t let him come in the first place. Also, wonderful summary, thanks
- Luffy’s on the execution platform!! (and Whitebeard is being killed by Kizaru but that’s a sidenote now)
- it’s Ace, Luffy and Sengoku now. What will Sengoku do?
- WHAT IS THIS
- so that’s why he’s called Budda. I thought it’s because he’s smart, but no (I, I don’t know anything about Buddhism)
- goddammit Kizaru, stop interfering with everything
- what the HELL is Galdino doing here!!??? Nevermind, you’re perfect, man!!!!!
- there goes execution platform, and good riddance
- Freeeee Faaaalling
- “Do the key!”
- Galdino is remembering Bon Clay?
- “”If I told you I was here to mourn my fallen comrade and avenge him… would you laugh at me” WHO THE HELL WOULD LAUGH AT YOU GALDINO YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING I LOVE YOU
- “Of course not!” “Go save your brother, Straw Hat!” yeah!
- “You never change… Luffy!” !!!
- “You never do as I tell you…” :D :D :D
ACE IS FREE! ACE IS FREE!!
- Cowboy Sanji with Cowboy Fish :)
- “DID HE REALLY JUST DO THAT” – everyone :D
- “He’s like Pops and Shanks!” huh, big names. I knew that Conqueror’s Haki is rare but damn if you have it, you HAVE it
- ok but why is Mihawk in reaction panels too, what does he have to do with that (other Warlords aren’t pictured)
- “Don’t think of him as a kid! That boy must not survive this battle! If he does, he will become a grave threat to us in the future! :)
- “That’s some power! Where’d you learn to do that?” “What power?” “Nevermind!” lol
- “That explains why people are so drawn to him!” huh, good point
- let’s table Haki for now because WHITEBEARD’S DYING
- “Finish off Whitbeard first! He may be a monster, but he’s dying! He must be defeated now!” D: noooooo
- don’t just stand there, Whitebeard!
- “MEN! Back up Luffy the Straw Hat with everything you’ve got!!!” !!! damn, no
- listen, it’s great for Luffy, but for Whitebeard to give that order… that means that Whitebeard can’t take charge himself WHICH MEANS HE’S TOO WEAK AND DYING FOR REAL
- “Give it your best shot, boy! If you’re one of the successors to the “Will od D.”, show me what kind of era you will create!” that D. again
- they told Luffy to go now while Admirals are out there to destroy Whitebeard
- “This is huge, Straw Hat boy! The world’s greatest pirate is testing you!” “!?” lol, Luffy is so confused, he has no idea what’s happening
- yeah, Luffy’s here only to save Ace, he doesn’t have time for this
- DAZ BONEZ!! I forgot about him completely! He’s stopping Mihawk
- “President’s orders. The Navy is my enemy for the time being.” …aww
- holy shit, Crocodile too
- “Love is always a hurricane!” “Huh?” if you didn’t know, Hancock knocked all Pacifistas out when everyone was surprised by Luffy
- …did that guy sit hidden in Ivankov’s hair all this time
- anyway, bless him
- so much chaos. But everyone is working together and actually it’s a thing of beauty, even if fictional people are dying
-he’s running right to Ace! Ace, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING TOO
- “Grandpa! Get outta my way!” there’s still Garp and Sengoku, please no!!!
“I’m not going anywhere, Luffy! I’m a Vice Admiral in the Navy!” are you really gonna fight each other!!!???
Oh, please to the next two chapters today as well, I can't wait for them.
Nope, but I can do both tomorrow :D