All of Rumple’s bad deeds
So I quite enjoyed making a list of all Rumple’s sins and thought I would share it on my blog. I’ve made lists of all the problematic four characters on this show (Hook, Regina, Rumple and Zelena and now that I think about it I’m going to refer to them as the “problematic four” from now on) bad deeds but never really sat down and listed them all out thoughtfully and carefully and so may have missed some. But here are all of Rumple’s horrible crimes throughout the seven seasons of Once Upon A Time and yes I’m going to do the same for the other three. I am not sorry lmao.
1. Denied a dehydrated seer water
2. Murdered the five men who came to enlist Baelfire. These men were only doing their job by enlisting children. If they lost their jobs they’d just get someone else to do it. That’s not to say the practice of having children as soldiers is acceptable, only that it was the practice of the kingdom, it wasn’t just these men with that problem. That being said the way they went about it was awful. They terrorized the parents of the children they enlisted and mocked the crap out of Rumple, even going as far as to kick him in the face. So yeah, they were bad people, but that doesn’t make it right to kill them.
3. Turned a man into a snail and killed him in front of Baelfire who was begging him not to.
4. Become known as a notorious villain across the land and made it hard for Baelfire to make friends as a result.
5. Murdered the person who he took the coal sharpener off and gave to Bae.
6. When he comes into Bae and offers him a crown… Let’s be real he so murdered the monarch who owned that crown.
7. Abandoned Baelfire and sent him to an unknown world
8. Choked William Smee
9. Gave Smee a death threat
10. Was going to murder Killian Jones after Milah revealed she had not been taken captive by him after all
11. Murdered Milah
12. Refused to save Smee when Hook was holding him captive
13. Tried to steal Cora’s baby
14. Seperated James from his brother and parents and caused him to grow up away from them
15. Darkened Regina’s heart
16. Abducted and enslaved Belle, made her sleep in a dungeon and never let her leave his castle for a long time
17. Kidnapped Jack and Jill’s baby and put it in danger of being taken by the Black Fairy
18. Tried to murder Robin Hood
19. Murdered Gaston
20. Shook and manhandled Belle after their first kiss
21. Had Snow White erase her memories of David
22. Tried to turn Jiminy Cricket’s parents into dolls
23. Tried to make the Sorcerer’s Apprentice a mouse for the rest of his life (let’s be real he so was not going to turn him back into a man)
24. Turned a man into a pig
25. Murdered Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother
26. Tried to steal Cinderella’s baby
27. Made Prince Thomas dissapear as a punishment for Cinderella breaking their deal (implicit)
28. Had Regina murder her father
29. Had Regina cast the Dark Curse
30. Made Emma Swan grow up away from her parents in the Land Without Magic
31. Forbid Moe French who ran a flower shop doing buisiness on Valentine’s day, which would naturally have been a good day of buisiness for him
32. Abducted and beat up Moe French
33. Manipulated Belle so he could try and murder Regina (I get why he wanted Regina dead, I mean he was wrong to try and kill her obviously but I understand why he was going to do it, but the way he toyed with words to try and act like he had kept his promise to Belle that he wouldn’t was so crappy)
34. Took down posters Belle put up of her father around town thus keeping her from reuniting with him (this was before Moe tried to erase Belle’s memories)
35. Beat up and tried to murder Killian on his ship
36. Tried to murder Henry Mills
37. Was going to let Greg and Tamara kill everyone in Storybrooke
38. Gave Belle a fake Dark One daggar
39. Aided the Snow Queen’s attempt to murder everyone in Storybrooke and was going to take Belle and Henry to New York and tell them he tried to save everyone but only managed to save them
40. Trapped the Sorcerer’s Apprentice in the Magic Hat
41. Tried to murder Emma with the Magic Hat
42. Trapped some fairies in the Magic Hat
43. Set a dangerous monster loose on Storybrooke, a monster that wanted to murder Emma
44. Bought Maleficient back to life
45. Abducted and tortured August Booth
46. Sent everyone in Storybrooke to an alternate reality via Isaac
47. Prevented the Dark One Curse being destroyed
48. Was revealed to be one of the Underworld’s biggest suppliers, so he’s murdered a LOT of people
49. Put Milah in the River of Souls
50. Tried to put Gaston in the River of Souls
51. Put Malcolm in the River of Souls (yes, Malcolm was incredibly evil and a horrific father to Rumple, but the River is eternal damnation isn’t it? Does even Malcolm deserve that? Eternal torment? Neverending? I think it’s too much even for someone as evil as him)
52. Tried to burn Emma to death in a hotel in New York (gonna forgive the fact Regina was a near victim cause ya know, killing the curse casting, murdering, raping, child abusing, child endangering, animal abusing all round piece of crap isn’t exactly the worst thing a person can do, but Emma in no way deserved to die such a painful death, that was just inhumane)
53. Tried to use the sheers on Gideon
54. Used his and Belle’s baby to threaten her
55. Put a tracking device on Belle
56. Tried to erase Gideon’s memories (I get his intentions were good; he wanted to take away the pain, but this was still a messed up thing to do, memories shouldn’t be wiped)
57. Refused to kill the Black Fairy and save everyone, instead aided her in casting her curse
THINGS I HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO INCLUDE AND WHY:
Ok so this next bit is subjective but the following deeds that are portrayed as bad by the show I have chosen not to include and here is why:
1. Murdering the mute maid - She had information that could have gotten him killed. If that got into the wrong hands who knows what would have happened to him?
2. Trying to kill Hook after meeting him again for the first time after their encounter on the ship before Milah revealed the truth - Hook persuaded Rumple that he was going to rape Milah “I have a ship of men that need… companionship!” and that he had taken her captive thus leaving him a single parent and Baelfire without a mother. Rape, abduction, leaving a man a single parent and his child without a mother? I think Rumple gets a pass on this.
3. Trying to murder Zelena
Ok this one was wrong. Zelena was in jail being held accountable for her crimes, so there was no need for her to die. So yeah, Rumple was wrong for this one. However Zelena DID kill his son. So again, I think he gets a pass on this.
4. Murdering Tamara
He thought Tamara had murdered his son. So like with Zelena I’ll give it a pass even though this one was also wrong.
5. Taking Hook’s heart and controlling him and then trying to murder him
At this point in time, Hook caused Baelfire to grow up without a mother, left Rumple a single parent and tried to have Belle’s lifetime of memories permanently erased. So I don’t blame Rumple for tormenting him like this. Rumple was wrong for the two times he tried to murder Hook before, but this one considering that when Hook took Belle’s memories, while Rumple and Grumpy managed to get them back to her Killian clearly didn’t think they would, so in other words Killian tried to permanently erase Belle’s memories and also wasn’t being held accountable by the nepotist cops in Storybrooke, so this was justified. The enslaving was a bit cruel but considering all the pain Hook has inflicted upon Rumple, Rumple’s son AND Rumple’s wife I’ll give it a pass.