stop defining yourself by what you lack. you are not the absence of qualities, you’re the presence of them.
magic to protect the home
🗝 i recently got a new place and i’ve been coming up with all sorts of new wards and such for the new space (which has been so fun ahh) so i figured why not make a little list of things i’ve noticed have really great protective qualities for the home, i hope you guys find a few to string together for your personal home wards :)
- cinnamon; really great to shake up the energies after having troublesome visitors and brining back the warm and cozy vibes
- rosemary; good for lightly refreshing stale energies, great for a new space or whenever you feel like things are sort of just stagnant in the house
- most black stones; particularly onyx, tourmaline, kyanite, obsidian, etc, are all great for either repelling/absorbing negative energies, just make sure you research which does what because you’ll wanna cleanse the ‘absorbers’ regularly!
- black pepper; similar to cinnamon it’s really good at getting rid of lingering energies from visitors, i’d say it’s a bit stronger for things like banishing and renewal though :)
- english ivy; really great for integrating good energy into the home and keeping it there, brings a grounded and secure energy to a home
- cayenne; really any red pepper is great for keeping out unwanted energies, also serves as a great restart button for particularly aggressive energies
- thyme; encourages civility in a chaotic household
- cacti thorns; careful getting these! but they’re amazing for keeping out unwanted energies, i wouldn’t recommend for cleansing necessarily though
🗝 there’s definitely so many more but these are the ones i’m most familiar with at the moment, so i might make a pt.2 eventually once i experiment a bit more, i hope this was helpful!
I’ve seen a lot of grimoire idea posts featuring prompts that aren’t too useful. While listing your deities may be pretty and aesthetic, information you already know off the top of your head is taking up time and space in your book that could be spent on more efficient ideas, such as:
- A local map - mark crossroads where you’ve experienced activity, cemeteries with spirits you venerate, and other liminal spaces that you have access to
- Tarot/cartomancy spreads you haven’t memorized
- Your natal chart
- Spells or rituals that you know will work & you would use
- Holidays who’s dates or purpose you don’t remember
- Sigils you’ve created
it’s all good as long as…
you continue to put one foot infront of the other.
your strides need not be long and fast at all times. go slow, be steady but be consistent with your efforts. keep moving forward one step at a time and you shall achieve all that you aim for ✨
Reminder that this likely wouldn’t have been the verdict without that video.
Reminder that this likely wouldn’t have been the verdict without people voting for the right people.
Reminder that this likely wouldn’t have been the verdict without the protests or BLM
Remember your power
Hey shoutout to
- People with “minor” disabilities who aren’t sure if they belong in disabled spaces
- People who have rare disabilities and don’t see other people with the same disability, even in disabled spaces
- People who’ve been told nothing is wrong with them even though is something clearly wrong that now feel like they’re just making stuff up
- People who have been dismissed by doctors because they didn’t fit the image the doctor had of what a “sick” person looked like
- People who tried to get help for their problem and are still waiting
- People who have unaddressed health problems in general
Y’all are great and deserve the world!
Sometimes I see people say “you don’t need to be in touch with nature to feel a connection with the Gods”. I would argue that nature is everywhere, that there isn’t a single place on this Earth without it. Beneath the thickest concrete sprawl, the Earth still sings. Plants and animals in the city are no less sacred. Admire the dandelion that has the tenacity to grow between cracks in the concrete, grow succulents in your apartment, pause on your daily commute to watch the squirrels and the crows. There is something sacred to be beheld everywhere, the energy of the Gods thrums in every living thing
Your practice is uniquely your own. Don’t let anyone tell you what you need and need not to do. You don’t need giant fancy altars and you don’t need to practice your path every day. The deities love and care for us, they simply want the best. They will understand what you need to do in your practice for yourself.
All About Working w/ Your Ancestors
Source: The Traveling Witch
Who are they? They are your living legacy and want what’s best for you. If you don’t know much about your family history, that’s okay! I’ll touch on that later.
Ancestor work is great for beginners entering their spirit work journey. You can draw on your ancestors’ past experiences to help you and they are there to protect you from harmful entities. Working with your ancestors can also help you improve your spirit work.
How can they help you?
- Strongly communicates through divination
- Their advice is drawn from thousands of years of experience
- Acts a bridge to deliver messages from other spirits
- Adds power to rituals
- Helps with personal growth
- And many more!
For those who are distant from family:
You by no means have to work with ancestors you are uncomfortable with. Whoever you work with is up to you! You will eventually discover a spirit family that loves and supports you as you are.
For those who are adopted:
You can work with ancestry from your adopted family or find more about your blood lineage. DNA kits are available and sites like Ancestry.com are great to track your heritage! If finding information is hard, consider people who aren’t blood-related (adopted family, godparents, spouse’s family, etc).
[NOTE: If you’re worried about offending your ancestors because of your religious beliefs, sexual orientation, etc. it’s OKAY! You absolutely have ancestors who will accept and agree with who you are, so don’t worry. Your ancestors are diverse and will sometimes be just like you!]
Set up an altar dedicated to only your ancestors. Some spirits may want to share a space with your ancestors, some may not. You can put anything you’d like that would please them or symbolizes your culture. My altar has objects of loved ones who’ve passed, things that represent my ethnic background, etc. Common items include candles, water, photos, heirlooms, altar cloths, etc. Put what feels right to you!
Now it’s time to use it! Make offerings often (regularly, once a week) replacing water, lighting a candle or incense, thanking them for guidance, etc. You can offer food or handmade items as well!
You will sometimes hear your ancestors’ messages or see them in dreams. Keep an open mind and be on the lookout. Remember to treat your ancestors with respect and consistency. They are real relationships and keep in mind how you act with other people in your daily lives. Be respectful, and don’t keep asking them for help without returning the kindness.
Boy, I sure would like to see fun posts about Norse Paganism/Heathenry! Too bad it’s mostly:
1) muh Neon Yahtzees
3) dry academic blurbs about deities
Come on! I wanna see altars! I wanna see personal stories! I wanna see MEMES!!! Give us some book recommendations! Give us deity correspondences for witchcraft!
being a witch in spring: thank you Mother Nature for this beautiful season, time to pick flowers and do long walks
being a witch in spring but also being extremely allergic to pollen: fuck why is nature doing this to me I thought you were my friend
Witchcraft & Meds
For everyone with mental and physical stuff that they have to take medication for! I’m both mentally and chronically ill and take a LOT of meds each day. There’s so much negativity about magic and meds, so let’s find a way to incorporate both into your life! <3
- Charge the bottles (while empty), the bowl you place your dose in, or your pill organizer in the sun or moon
- Decorate them to look more witchy! Don’t cover up important labels. [X]
- Draw sigils on the bottom to help minimize side effects and so you don’t forget a dose!
- Use empty bottles for anything witchy (spell bottles, herb storage, etc.) [X]
- Place crystals or herbs around/on the bottle
- Use color correspondences - doodle on the lid or bottom
- Keep in cool pill boxes
- Whisper an enchantment or blessing over them for desired effects (easy to swallow, less side effects, doing their job, etc.)
- Think or say an affirmation with each one (I say so many affirmations a day!)
- Take with (drinking safe) moon water or infused water.
- Also use a cool cup, could be decorated, covered in sigils, using color correspondences, and more!
- Coat your pills with honey before taking them to sweeten up your life (especially helpful for the gross tasting/fast dissolving meds)
IV treatments and injections (no needle mentions):
- Listen to witchy music
- Draw healing/soothing sigils
- Keep crystals in your pocket or bag
- Bring infused water with you (if using herbs, check for interactions)
- Bring a spell bottle/sachet to your treatment for good vibes, quick healing, minimal pain, and the like.
- Sigils on the band-aid!
You may also like…