I really don’t know, if I should laugh or cry about the news… Anyway, Tokyo Babylon holds the spot of my all-time favourite manga, so I drew something for it.
撒野 (Run Freely) by 巫哲
There is no one whose life is perfect. But no matter when, you have to look forward. Only when you’re brimming with hope will you be invincible.
has deep personal connections with the yakuza and feeds the boss’ daughter every night
so many people in the tags who think I’m joking or this can’t be real. would I ever lie to you about emiya shirou? it’s right there in the visual novel, on like the first day too.
fujimura “fuji-nee” taiga, shirou’s homeroom teacher and older sister figure who eats at his house every day, is a yakuza scion. shirou’s house is managed by the local yakuza boss because his father was an internationally renowned assassin whose first order of business upon settling in fuyuki was to make connections with the local yakuza and it’s thanks to his yakuza connections that shirou has a job at an alcohol store despite being underage.
the reason you were able to read more and do more activities in a day when you were a kid than you do as an adult isn’t because you got stupider, it’s because as a child you generally had your base needs taken care of and your schedule provided to you, so you didn’t have to use as much of your mental and physical energy on planning, life maintenance (ie food and administrative tasks), and general executive function. of course you could focus on reading a novel in two days, somebody else made your lunches and you never thought about phone bills and you didn’t even have to decide for yourself when to take a bath. c’mon
Some things “relationships take work” should mean:
- It takes work to learn to identify, effectively communicate, and mesh your needs/wants with those of another person
- It takes work to actively listen and learn the other person’s communication styles as well as their needs and wants.
- It takes work to maintain a relationship by planning activities together and investing in time spent together
Some things “relationships take work” should never mean:
- Relationships take an exhausting cycle of constantly fighting and making up
- Relationships require you to compromise your core values or change core aspects of who you are
- Relationships take conforming to the other person’s expectations even when you don’t want to
- Relationships take constantly proving to the other person that you deserve respect and/or love
- Relationships require you to try to make yourself feel and want things you don’t actually feel or want - or at least pretend you do
Simple truisms like “relationships take work” can be misused in harmful ways.
Relationships do take work, but that work is supposed to be a team effort to support and care for each other while still honouring your own needs and desires.
If your relationship isn’t a healthy partnership, don’t feel like you have to stick it out just because “relationships take work.”
You are not obligated to stay in any relationship you do not want.
idk about hte rest of yall but im gonna be wearing a mask for the rest of forever. im into it. i love not having a face. it’s an essential part of my wardrobe now. would appreciate it if the rest of you would do the same so im not the only one doing some covidcore fashion statement