probably gonna be staying on hiatus until after the holidays, still dealing with stuff from the accident plut the added holiday stress has me just severely lacking in spoons just waking up. i’ve got every intention of being back here once some of the stress finally dies down !!
i got into my first car accident and my brain is just probably not gonna be able to focus for a little while so i’m gonna just go on a semi hiatus until things are settled and i can think of something other than this nightmare
i had a v v vivid dream i was making a gifset for thea and now goblin brain can’t let go so i think imma make an attempt at that today while i finish up drafts and do a few memes
“When I was a little girl, I thought that love had to be delicate and fragile, similar to a flower. But as I’ve grown older, I’ve realized that love can be different. It can be like a firework, explosive and bright. It can be raw, passionate, wild. Maybe even dangerous or reckless, but you shouldn’t be scared to fall in love. You are made of flesh and bone and muscle, and you are strong enough to handle any type of it.”
plots based on fearless (taylor’s version)
the way i loved you
muse a and muse b used to date. they were fire and music, balls of passion and spontaneity (lets get matching tattoos or run from this town?? down, lets go) until they blew up. after a horrid break up, muse a moves onto someone new, someone stable, some good for them, but boring. their life seems to be a neverending loop of staleness … until they run into muse b again that breathes life into them. will they chase the fire, or stick to what they’re used to?
muse a is desperately in love with muse b. the thing is, muse b is this super popular person (in school, amongst peers, literally a celebrity, you choose). muse b might give muse a the time of day, but it’s clear muse a’s heart is way more in this relationship that muse b’s. or is it? maybe muse a starts to see their worth and walk away just as muse b begins to return those feelings.
muse a is painfully shy. it’s the summer before everything changes and they run into muse b, someone who washes the fear away from them. after 91 days of constantly being together, it’s time for them to part ways. maybe this is the one thing that muse a is still afraid of ––– losing b.
you belong with me
a CLASSIC. classic case of muse b being in a relationship with someone who is not good for them. muse a knows they’re better for them. spice things up, instead of having muse a silently pine for b, have them meddle. maybe they never get together? maybe they learn they’re better as friends?? the world is your oyster.
muse a and muse b decide to take a break. they promise to come back to each other someday, but when ‘someday’ comes, one of them has already moved on. what now?
coming from horrible home lives, muse a and muse b decide to run away together, thinking them being together will solve all their problems. it works for a while, until those problems come back to haunt them. (people literally chase them down to bring them back, they’re broke and can’t afford to live together, married life isn’t that great, you pick go wild)
danny / dannyreese:
thea said♫:“ nurse. ”
he breathes out a laugh before w i n c i n g at the pain in his ribs at the movement, ultimately sighing as he tilts his head back against the hospital bed. danny and the boys had decided to go on a few excursions on this last tour, and it had mostly gone fine … until they’d gone skateboarding. admittedly, he’d been a little r u s t y . but he’d been doing well, only to wipe out when he tried to show off a bit too far when luke had warned him to be careful. now he sits in the hospital bed, ribs b r u i s e d from his fall and his s p r a i n e d . his ankle in a brace, levitated a bit in the air over the bed. he had a few scrapes from the pavement as well, but really the doctors were most concerned with the ankle, and so was he. evidently he’d almost torn a tendon, but had gotten very lucky … extra lucky considering he still had at least a month and a half of this tour. instead, he strained it along with the overall sprain, meaning he had to stay off it as best as he could, and keep it in the tight brace. other wise he was s u r e to break it.
he wasn’t even going to call thea, not wanting to worry her when she was back home with the girls for this later leg of the tour. but then luke and nick reminded him that it would be really stupid of him to not do that. they were engaged, they l i v e d together … they had two kids. regardless of whether or not it was a m a j o r injury, he had to keep her posted. or so his friends insisted, and by now he knew to trust their judgement over his own. so he’d called her, assuring her he was fine before telling her what happened. and despite his arguing, she’d gotten someone to watch the girls and booked a flight to come out to him. while he still insisted that it wasn’t necessary, he’d be lying if he wasn’t glad to see her.
“ i promise, i’m good, ” he replies, looking back to her again, offering her a c o n v i n c i n g smile. “ which is good, ‘cause i have to be on stage in … ” his brows furrow slightly and he turns his head, briefly searching the walls of the hospital room for the clock before lifting his arm and pointing to it. “ five-ish hours. ”
despite his assurances, thea knew she would do nothing but worry if she didn’t see him herself. thankfully her mom was free on short notice, and the flight was only a couple of hours. and … really is was just a good excuse to see him because even though it hadn’t been that long, she was m i s s i n g him like crazy.
seeing him, despite the circumstances, brings a warm smile to her face. carefully she sits herself in the bed beside him, being extra sure not to jostle his foot too much. ❝ oh yeah, i know you’re good, ❞ she says with a roll of her eyes, ❝ just like i k n o w that nothing i, or any doctor here, says will keep you from getting on that stage tonight. ❞ of course she wants to tell him he should rest, but it’s a losing battle and at the very least she’ll be here tonight and can hopefully coax him into coming back to the hotel after the show. it might be just enough to keep him from doing something extra stupid and making his ankle worse.
❝ just know when you get home, you’re on full kid duty. so you better not do any permanent damage. otherwise you’ll have to break willow’s heart by telling her, to her face, that the beach trip is off, ❞ thea warns with a grin before leaning over to give him a quick kiss. while of course she’d never leave him on full kid duty like that because it would be ridiculously unfair, she absolutely would make him break the bad news to their daughter if he ends up seriously messing up his ankle.
ella / shekindness:
warmth spreads into her cheeks, colouring them a soft shade of pink as she gazes upon the drawing that thea holds in front of her. the lines, though quick and etched, perfectly capture the creature in its glory. the talent of hers shows in even the simplest of creations. blue eyes turn up to gaze at her with a quiet laugh posed to her remark, returning with a nod of her head. ❝ i think it is absolutely perfect. hoo-hoo’s are such wildly interesting creatures and i’m sure the students would love a chance to get to draw them. perhaps i could bring a chick in for them to see personally. as sort of a live model. what do you think? ❞
❝ would you do that ? ❞ thea’s expression brightens, excitement clear behind her eyes at the thought. it was more than just a kind offer, it was a chance to give the kids an even better experience, and she truly a p p r e c i a t e d ella offering so easily. ❝ it would make the lesson a million times better. maybe we could work on something together ? make it all as education as it is fun … if you have the time of course. ❞ things always seemed busy around here so she didn’t want to risk intruding too much on her friends time, and even just bringing the hoo-hoo was already more than enough.
botanical headcanons ( an old meme from the archived blog )
angelica : where does your muse draw inspiration in life ? what motivates them ?
in life thea draws so much inspiration from both her mom and her aunt. they are both magnificently creative women with huge hearts. from her mom she learned how to be kind in the face of even the most difficult things. ( though admittedly that trait isn’t always good for thea ) and from her aunt she learned how to see the beauty in all things, especially people. she would not be half the woman she is today if not for both of them.
as for what motivates her, it’s her daughter first and foremost. wanting to give willow the best that she can. to pass down the important things she was taught. and while she knows she can’t necessarily make the world better, she can always try, and she can work hard in her community to give willow a kind and happy home. to teach her daughter the importance of caring for those around you, but also that it’s just as important to care for herself always.
magnolia : describe your muse’s relationship with nature & the natural world .
thea has a deep relationship with nature. unless people have seen her art, they wouldn’t necessarily expect it given that she really loves living in the city. but thea is always at her happiest anywhere she can be barefoot, especially the beach. no matter where she lives there are always plenty of plants. though it wasn’t until living with her cousin, betty, that she actually learned how to properly take care of them. it was her cousin as well that introduced her to the importance that plants can hold, what they can mean and be used for. these are lessons thea holds dear and now thrives on giving the gift of flowers that hold special meaning.
snapdragon : is your muse merciful ? why or why not ?
it really depends on the situation. in her youth she absolutely would have been considered merciful. but as an adult, though she still has more forgiveness than most to offer, she also knows that there are things that can’t and shouldn’t be forgiven. and that mercy is not always warranted.
love catching up on riverdonk
you got ; o r a n g e
and icarus said to aphrodite- so this is what i’m for. you have a distant awareness that the day you fall is the day you change. change is so very difficult, isn’t it? watching everyone leave? you want the light so desperately, but you fear it. one day it will come for you. one day you will stop mourning the future and start mourning the present, and it will be peaceful.
↪ feat. dresses aka what she loves to wear the most
tarot headcanons ( an old meme from the archived blog )
02. the high priestess : how does your muse make decisions ? do they trust their instinct or would they rather trust their heart / their logic ?
when she was younger, thea was very much a follow your heart person. she ignored instincts and acted on impulse. while things worked out well in the end, usually, she very much learned her lesson. now thea trusts her instinct. if her gut tells her something she listens. especially after becoming a mom. when it comes to willow she would do anything to protect her, especially following her instincts in every situation.
07. the chariot : how much does your muse care about winning ? are they a sore loser ?
in general she’s not a super competitive person, winning is rarely a priority, she tends to be far more concerned with making sure those around her are having fun. except when it comes to pictionary. not even because she’s an artist. but because one time someone said her drawings were awful and no one could understand what she was trying to do. so it made her a petty level of determined and now she dominates at pictionary and is definitely a sore loser for that. everything else though she’s very chill and just here to have a great time.
12. the hanged man : how open is your muse to new opportunities ? do they constantly look for them or do they simply take whatever comes their way ?
she’s really not out looking for opportunities until later on in her career. in general she does work hard and for willow she’s always looking for the best things and opportunities for her daughter, but for herself she’s much more go with the flow. with art she does eventually seek out bigger things, wanting her work in galleries and things like that. in a way she seeks out commissions with her instagram but even that is generally her just sharing her work and accepting things that come her way if she feels inspired by them.
𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚜. ( feel free to change pronouns, potentially triggering, read & reblog with caution. )
- ’ i look like my mother and she looked like the enemy. ‘
- ’ i’ve never been welcomed here. ‘
- ‘ keep a pencil in your hand. or else someone will put a rifle in it instead. ‘
- ‘ i spent years thinking i’d find a way out. ‘
- ‘ i’m old enough to know the only way out, is through. ‘
- ‘ well, i need someone to take the fall for my petty crimes, that’s all. ‘
- ‘ we learned some good life lessons back then. ‘
- ‘ one: don’t cry in public. ‘
- ‘ she/he/they isn’t like you. no one is. ‘
- ‘ you’re the one of us who believes in a higher power. ‘
- ‘ when i get the nerves the night before i like to have a good tumble with a stranger. ‘
- ‘ you don’t seem like the type to do what they should. ‘
- ‘ well, turns out they do need me, so. ‘
- ‘ you’re a terrible shot. ‘
- ‘ when i was young, i had nightmares about it. ‘
- ‘ if it goes wrong, come back. you’ve lost enough already. ‘
- ‘ i’ll find my way back to you, promise. ‘
- ‘ don’t you want to know if you’re grisha? ‘
- ‘ if i can’t crack this, none of us are going anywhere. ‘
- ‘ maybe i won’t be here when you get back. ‘
- ‘ what are you? ‘
- ‘ that’s why i’m here, isn’t it? ‘
- ‘ they’re all gone. it’s my fault. ‘
- ‘ is it true? can you summon light? ‘
- ‘ when they realize their mistake, what do you think they’ll do to her/him/them? ‘
- ‘ i know her/him/them better than anyone does. ‘
- ‘ i don’t know where this letter will find you. but you must’nt worry about me. ‘
- ‘ i am perfectly capable of washing myself. ‘
- ‘ don’t change my eyes. ‘
- ‘ i’m almost as rare as you. ‘
- ‘ sentimental. we’ll work on that too. ‘
- ‘ i can’t go in front of the king, i need more time. ‘
- ‘ know that when i told you about true north, i was talking about you. ‘
- ‘ black is his color. not mine. ‘
- ‘ tell me, are you so anxious to be like everyone else? ‘
- ‘ it would be nice to know what the feels like, someday. ‘
- ‘ time for a heist. ‘
- ‘ you managed to win us over, didn’t you? ‘
- ‘ training is good. well, i think it’s going well. ‘
- ‘ where you are doesn’t matter nearly as much as who you’re with. ‘
- ‘ when there’s something you want, better to act without thinking than think without acting. ‘
- ‘ i’ve always wanted to travel the world. ‘
- ‘ i like seeing you this way, i want you to be careful. ‘
- ‘ you never compliment anyone to their face. ‘
- ‘ aren’t you supposed to be scouting our way out? ‘
- ‘ what do you think i’m doing? ‘
- ‘ i think you’re flirting with that stable hand. ‘
- ‘ tell me, what makes one carriage faster than the other? ‘
- ‘ the right answer is their is no right answer. ‘
- ‘ it’s the horse that makes the difference. ‘
- ‘ no human being should be as proud as you are right now. ‘
- ‘ you think that’s what it is? just a trick? ‘
- ‘ you don’t want to keep it in your pocket for too long. ‘
- ‘ i’m sorry that it took me this long to see you. ‘
- ‘ i prefer to travel alone. ‘
- ‘ i’m afraid we can’t let that happen. ‘
- ‘ you stick with us, everybody gets what they want. ‘
- ‘ i’m not being anyone’s captive ever again. ‘
- ‘ it was my power keeping you warm. ‘
- ‘ you won’t get far out here without it. ‘
- ‘ if i wanted you dead, i would have slowed your heart instead of speeding it up. ‘
- ‘ you intend to kill me! ‘
- ‘ why would you save me? ‘
- ‘ so there is a brain inside all that muscle. ‘
- ‘ you used to call on me, on times like this. ‘
- ‘ when your table was messy and your bed was neat. ‘
- ‘ i am a witch hunter and you are a witch. ‘
- ‘ you made him afraid. now he wants you to fear him. ‘
- ‘ you’re the one who taught me how to kill, mother/father. ‘
- ‘ i taught you so you could protect yourself. ‘
- ‘ we need to teach them how to fight. ‘
- ‘ i forbid it. now, do you hear me? ‘
- ‘ it’s dangerous to go looking for the dead. ‘
- ‘ what you see may haunt you for the rest of your days. ‘
- ‘ maybe. just maybe. greed is a poor motivator. ‘
- ‘ true wealth is the friends you make along the way. ‘
- ‘ i should just tear this down now. ‘
- ‘ i will go north in the night. ‘
- ‘ no. this can’t be it. i’m not done tormenting you. ‘
- ‘ i will keep you warm. ‘
- ‘ i can’t wait to introduce you to my truest love. ‘
- ‘ when i got older, i learned that darkness is a place and it’s full of monsters. ‘
- ‘ they aren’t the monsters. they’re just boys/girls. ‘
- ‘ we can’t hide forever. we can run together. ‘
- ‘ no businessman worth his salt bargains for what he can take. ‘
- ‘ our enemies are threatened by your mere existence. ‘
- ‘ never make decisions out of fear, only out of spite. ‘
- ‘ well greed always worked for me. ‘
- ‘ the bone road ebbs and and the bone road flows. ‘
- ‘ handsome decoy is also not a [NAME’S] talent. ‘
- ‘ i’d rather starve than be a traitor. ‘
- ‘ needing anyone is weak. ‘
- ‘ you and i are going to change the world. ‘
- ‘ so, who actually saw what happened? ‘
- ‘ it came from everywhere, because you called upon it to come. ‘
- ‘ i have been waiting a long time for you. ‘
- ‘ there are no others like us and there never will be. ‘
- ‘ not many people surprise me. ‘
- ‘ fine. make me your villain. ‘
- ‘ they are traitors who tried to kill you. this is retribution. ‘
- ‘ i’ve survived for centuries. did you really think you could kill me. ‘
- ‘ you are quite valuable, you know. ‘
- ‘ the deal is the deal. ‘
- ‘ i’m just trying to keep warm. you should join me. ‘
- ‘ i’ve been warned off the job. ‘
- ‘ i know that look. he’s a man consumed with vengeance. ‘
- ‘ please tell me you have a plan. ‘
- ‘ i’m not against the occasional light roleplay. ‘
- ‘ i’d miss me too. i’m fantastic. ‘
- ‘ no one is ever going to believe i’m that old. ‘
- ‘ why does this concern me? ‘
- ‘ well of course certain death pays a million. ‘
- ‘ unlike a spider, i only need one leg. ‘
please consider this a PLOTTING CALL, i’m around for the night so i’ll be reaching out today and would really love to get some stuff going !!
communication through art
when thea was little, art was the first way she really learned to express what she was feeling. often she had difficulties articulating negative emotions. if something made her sad, angry, scared, or hurt, all of that was something she couldn’t ever put into words. so her mom learned early on to recognize what was happening in her drawings. if she was using a certain colour or drawing something in particular then her mom understood what was going on enough to talk to her daughter and have some kind of conversation about it.
as an adult she’s better at communicating, but still has some difficulty. it takes her time to both process and articulate what she’s feeling so she’ll use art. not to communicate specifically, but to work through her emotions so that she can talk about them properly. and much of the colours and what she ends up drawing, painting, doodling, anything, have gone unchanged in adulthood.
yellow / purple / peach / green
these are her happy colours. if she’s using one of these in something she’s just doing for herself then it’s because she’s feeling good.
blue / pink
these colors tend to mean she’s feeling confused. not good or bad. just in a bit of a haze with herself. trying to figure something out that may be neutral. of course it could tilt into good or bad eventually, but in the moment it’s just confusing.
this color means she’s upset. it’s a color that she really likes and so she uses it when she’s feeling really low in the hopes that it’ll make her feel better as she works through what it is bringing her down.
if she’s using grey then she’s angry. the only time this doesn’t count is if it’s the beginning of the sketch, but if the whole thing ends up grey…then it’s a whole sign. this one is extremely rare for her. it takes a lot to get her really angry in general, especially enough to dwell on in.
in general she ends up going for flowers when she’s working through her thoughts. they’re just so second nature for her at this point that she doesn’t have to spend much extra energy on how they look or anything like that. when they’re just random flowers not making much sense she’s at her most scattered in what she’s working through, as they start to form something more cohesive she’s closer to figuring it out.
if thea doesn’t have some kind of sketch pad or drawing tools with her, she always has her iPad and pencil with her so no matter what she can do something. art is her comfort, and she will always turn to it, even when the world feel completely hopeless.
— ✧ * 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐊
ask memes/sentence starters of things i’ve overheard from a year spent working
( mostly nights )at the front desk of a dorm. warnings for mature language/nsfw themes
- ❛ are you okay ? ❜
- ❛ i’m okay because i’m with you ❜
- ❛ we’re gonna go wish that fucker happy birthday because he’s a dick ❜
- ❛ where are we gonna put this ? we didn’t think about that ❜
- ❛ do you think the devil actually does marijuana ? ❜
- ❛ cool, i can tell you i’m intoxicated ❜
- ❛ i hit my ass ❜
- ❛ you brush your teeth, right ? ❜
- ❛ i’m just trying to make a difference ❜
- ❛ people shouldn’t be trashy ❜
- ❛ nine flights of stairs ? fuck that ❜
- ❛ i can’t open the door ! ❜
- ❛ you’re lying. ❜
- ❛ can’t we just stay inside ? it’s raining. ❜
- ❛ it was your fault ❜
- ❛ you’re so nice ❜
- ❛ i don’t know i’m just a little freaked out after seeing puke all over the parking lot ❜
- ❛ the first step to trespassing is wearing black ❜
- ❛ you failed the first step ❜
- ❛ the bible says thou who deep fry cheese shall live in prosperity ❜
- ❛ i wouldn’t lie about that ❜
- ❛ just because you HAVE to do something doesn’t mean you have to do something ❜
- ❛ oh no my boob is out ! ❜
- ❛ crazier idea - what if we put stairs in here ❜
- ❛ i haven’t been home since august ❜
- ❛ i’m gonna teepee your house ❜
- ❛ fuck you ! ❜
- ❛ i love [ name ] but not really because i haven’t had sex with him/her/them yet ❜
- ❛ i’m gonna punch him ❜
- ❛ are you saying that, like, sarcastically ? ❜
- ❛ this is not the right floor ❜
- ❛ that’s true, you are pretty sly ❜
- ❛ what are you talking about ? ❜
- ❛ i don’t know how to fucking read ❜
- ❛ where’s my wallet ?! oh it’s in my hand ❜
- ❛ i have to write a whole paper by tuesday ❜
- ❛ i think you’re so cute ❜
- ❛ where are we going ? ❜
- ❛ did you just trip ? ❜
- ❛ it’s probably why i am the way i am ❜
- ❛ i’m gonna grab my laser and i’ll bring it to your room ❜
- ❛ those are the ugliest pants that could ever exist ❜
- ❛ she sounds like a middle school theater kid ❜
- ❛ oh you’re rich ❜
- ❛ the boys are more important ❜
- ❛ i feel bad every time you ask to do something cause i say i have to do something ❜
- ❛ i feel like we’re the home alone family ❜
- ❛ does that say fentanyl on it ? ❜
- ❛ why is that so big ? ❜
- ❛ are we getting high or what ? ❜
- ❛ i gotta piss like a fucking race horse ❜
- ❛ my life is ballin right now, it’s so good ❜
- ❛ i’ve got some stories ❜
- ❛ i do NOT do well under pressure ❜
- ❛ i just learned how to read this year ❜
- ❛ i’m absolutely not okay with any of this ❜
- ❛ if i didn’t like you i wouldn’t have bought you beer ❜
- ❛ i went to juvenile jail that shit is fucking depressing ❜