don't have emojis on my keyboard but the family one for cicada? with 'parents' substituted for 'creator' along with anyone else he'd consider an equivalent to family :'0
Cicada’s relationship with Dr. Samantha has always been extremely close. He knows how much she’s sacrificed to keep sure he wasn’t scrapped, and if it was up to him he’d retire to spend the rest of his time with her.
Her son though, is a different story. Cicada and her son have a pretty big disdain for each other. Cicada’s certain her son would have him thrown away in an instant if he could.
As for the others he closest to- he and Blaze used to have a rocky relationship. Opposites didn’t quite attract at first. They’re the two oldest, and they really only began to bond over their kind of… shared nostalgia, in a way. Then it just became the ‘extrovert adopts the introvert’ scenario.
Laphria… imagine the “i should have left you on that street corner where you were standing-. but you didn’t!”. … yeah they’ve been that way since they saw each other.
Lysmata and Cicada met each other through Blaze, and after Cicada was convinced to give Lysmata a chance they became quite close. But they are both very quiet. They bond in that way of 'existing near each other doing their own thing’. Whenever he’s available, Lysmata will try to drag Cicada to a music concert or something.
Takin' Care of Things from Across the 2nd Dimension but it's about Mario and Luigi
anon i think you should see a physio because your neck probably hurts from holding up your massive brain
😱🤝🐱👗🤷♀️🐺🧸📚 for hex ace, if that’s ok
hooooo this is gonna be a long one babey!! [that’s a good thing i love hex ace and talking about them :)]
😱 [any fears?] - honestly hex doesn’t scare too easily. between all the Weird Shit that naturally happens in space and how much they close themselves off emotionally, she’s pretty unaffected by the kind of stuff most people would be afraid of. their fears are more on the abstract, existential dready side - stuff like abandonment or isolation rather than anything concrete - and he deflects them with anger hard
🤝 [approach to intimacy?] - they’re VERY resistant to intimacy, and even on the rare occasion where she doesn’t instinctively reject it they’ll try to worm their way out of the situation. responding to sincere compliments with less committed ones or trying to casually deflect them, pushing away hugs that go on for more than a few seconds, immediately following up any indication that they care about the other person with something lightheartedly mean to balance it out, that kind of thing. he might need intimacy but they sure as hell want to convince herself that they don’t!!
🐱 [pets or thoughts on animals?] - spending as much time as they do in space, hex doesn’t have much experience with animals at all. he probably runs into the support units at the lab sometimes, but they only very rarely get to meet actual biological animals. she’s utterly fascinated by them due to that unfamiliarity, but he doesn’t have much emotional attachment to them
👗 [fashion sense?] - since most of their body isn’t solid, their options for clothes and accessories are realistically bracelets and nothing else, so he doesn’t bother thinking about it. in theory though they’d probably like loose floaty clothes if that makes any sense, as well as some goth/emo fashion staples like platform boots and dark colours and gratuitous accessories [disclaimer: i do not know my fashion subcultures at all. this could be a blatant misdiagnosis]
🤷♀️ [approach to strangers compared to friends?] - hex isn’t the friendliest to new people, under the self-perpetuating idea that since she doesn’t have much success forming relationships there’s no point trying in the first place. they usually waste no time getting into the snarky remarks or harmless-but-annoying practical jokes, unless they’ve been explicitly told why it’s a bad idea with a certain person. while they don’t have many people they consider friends [it’s pretty much just time and oil + any other siblings from the powered up line, and eventually glass man when the events of wily scheme number whatever lead them to meet each other], he makes considerably more of an effort to not be mean to them, although there’s still so much affectionate ribbing and trolling in the equation that it can be hard to tell the difference bkjngjkb
🐺 [thoughts on being alone?] - HOOOOO boy is this pandora’s can of worms. most of hex’s issues stem from being chronically lonely, and while they defensively pretend that everything is fine and actually they WANT to be by themselves so suck on THAT, they really hate being alone as often as they are. whether she’s physically far away from people or not doesn’t make much of a difference, since their problem at its core is that they feel emotionally isolated and struggle to connect with people. it’s a complicated issue that runs pretty deep and isn’t as easily solved as just having them interact with humans or other robot masters more often
🧸 [any sentimental keepsakes?] - probably not; he isn’t the sentimental type. i can see them maybe hanging onto broken bits of the satellites they repair, but it’s more of an oh hey this looks sorta cool type of thing than any kind of emotional attachment
📚 [taste in books?] - most of hex’s reading list consists of very long and dense and obtuse manuals on engine parts that never saw commercial use, so they’re a little put off by reading in general. if she ever took it upon herself to give fiction a try [i can see glass man introducing them to books that aren’t work related] i think they’d LOVE horror literature, as well as having fun with more tongue in cheek stuff like the hitchiker’s guide to the galaxy
i respect people who make new sideblogs for every new thing they’re interested in but that literally could not be me. i just randomly start posting completely different shit on main and add it to the soup of wildly differering posts about just fucking whatever and all my mutuals just shrug and accept it
hello 😱🤝🤷♀️🎵🐺 for rhythm man i want to kiss him so badly
RHYTHM MAN MY BELOVED
😱 [any fears?] - he absolutely hates white noise or similar sounds without any rhyme or reason to them. since his purpose is to analyse audio to find patterns or muffled sounds within it, he tends to panic if he’s listening to something that he can’t pick anything distinct out of because it makes him paranoid that he might not be working properly. there’s also the fact that psychic cry [which he’s weak to] is just a blast of white noise at a frequency strong enough to damage his internal components, which after everything is over and done with upgrades the discomfort and paranoia into actual fear
🤝 [approach to intimacy?] - as friendly as he is casually, he actually gets pretty nervous around legitimate emotional intimacy - he kinda puts up this front of hey it’s ya boy rhythm i’m fine no undiagnosed adhd here just your cool pal rhythm man being totally cool and normal, and he struggles to be honest about his real feelings if they’re anything less than cheerful and relaxed. he definitely appreciates getting the opportunity to be emotionally intimate! it’s just quite a way out of his comfort zone and he doesn’t really know how to approach it
as for physical intimacy, he’s fine with it so long as it’s on the casual side! it’s worth noting that he’s aroace and a little put off by the thought of romance in general, so anything with overtly romantic vibes is gonna freak him out a bit and lead to him shutting down the interaction fairly quickly, but he’s super chill with physical affection between friends! he would accept your kiss if it is a strictly platonic one on the cheek
🤷♀️ [approach to strangers compared to friends?] - rhythm’s default course of action is to be nice to everyone he meets, so he acts about the same way around strangers as he does around people he actually knows. once he’s gotten to know someone more personally, though, he starts to pick up on what makes them laugh or feel comfortable around him and develop inside jokes, and adjusts his approach to specific people accordingly. he’s also more likely to try and suppress his jokey attitude around strangers who intimidate him for whatever reason, but given time he’ll either relax into how he normally acts or at least figure out where he can push the envelope and dare to be a little snarky
🎵 [songs associated with them?] - ain’t nothing like a funky beat is my theme claim for him! by extension i think hideki naganuma’s composition style fits rhythm man really well - i haven’t actually listened to any jsr music yet, but i’m intimately familiar with the sonic rush and rush adventure soundtracks, and i think the combination of banging drum beats and basslines with crunchy vocal samples fits him so well
🐺 [thoughts on being alone?] - he likes being alone but hates being lonely, if that makes sense. rhythm definitely likes and needs to have time to himself sometimes; it gets tiring for him to maintain the high-energy cheerful personality at full blast all the time, and he’s at his happiest when he’s just chilling out by himself making music or playing video games and not worrying about his job or what people think of him. on the other hand, he really craves validation and wants to feel emotionally connected with people, so there’s a delicate balance for him to maintain between having enough time alone to recharge his [metaphorical] social battery without getting isolated and sad. his success at maintaining said balance varies
PROMPTS I’D LIKE TO RECEIVE, PART 1.
⤿ headcanon memes; comfort character edition!
tw: death, family, religion.
send in a symbol and i’ll answer the corresponding question about my muse!
- [ 🧱 ] how would you describe your muses’ morality? what are their core values?
- [ 🌎 ] are there any aus you have for your muse? what are they like, and how is your muse different in them?
- [ 😱 ] does your muse have any specific fears? where did those fears come from?
- [ 🤝 ] how does your muse approach intimacy? are they hesitant, or do they like it? what types of intimacy do they like and dislike? (ex. physical intimacy, sexual intimacy, emotional intimacy, etc.)
- [ 👪 ] what is your muse’s relationship with their parents like? was it always this way?
- [ 💍 ] does your muse have a “type” of people that they prefer to enter relationships with? is their type generally compatible with them, or does the dynamic tend to be toxic?
- [ 🏆 ] is your muse multitalented? what are their hobbies, and why did they pick up these hobbies? if they don’t have hobbies, why don’t they?
- [ 🐱 ] does your muse have pets? did they have pets as a child? how do they feel about animals?
- [ ❌ ] is there something your muse struggles with that they might never overcome? what is it? why do they have so much trouble with it?
- [ ✨ ] what aesthetics or symbols do you reference when writing your muse? are these backed up by canon, if your muse comes from a canon? is there any specific relevance to these choices?
- [ 🌱 ] what themes are relevant to your muse?
- [ 💀 ] has your muse gone through anything traumatic? if so, how has this trauma affected them?
- [ 💛 ] how empathetic is your muse? how compassionate are they? is this something people expect from them, or are people surprised when they find out how compassionate or empathetic they actually are?
- [ 👗 ] what is your muse’s fashion sense like? are they able to dress the way they want to? what would they wear in an ideal world?
- [ 🔮 ] what is your muse’s relationship with religion and spirituality? were they raised in a certain religion? have they stuck with the same set of spiritual beliefs all their life, or have they changed over time? are they settled in their spirituality now?
- [ 🤷♀️ ] how does your muse approach strangers? how does this compare to how they interact with close friends or lovers?
- [ 🎵 ] is there a specific song or songs you associate with your muse? why is that?
- [ 💸 ] if your muse had no shortage of money, what would they buy?
- [ 🐺 ] does your muse like solitude? do they prefer it to being around others? how easily does your muse get lonely?
- [ ⚰️ ] what are your muse’s greatest regrets? what would flash before their eyes when they’re on their deathbed?
- [ 🧸 ] does your muse keep anything sentimental? if so, what do they keep and why?
- [ 🙏 ] what does your muse need? this can be something material or something abstract.
- [ 📚 ] what books does your muse have on their bookshelf? what books would they like to have? if your muse isn’t an avid reader, is there anything they collect or might like to collect?
- [ 😍 ] does your muse believe in true love? why or why not?
- [ 😇 ] what would your muse do if they became a god?
Sorry Idk if my ask didn't send before but I am also labeling you resident expert on Henry stickmin and co
oh THAT’S deep lore….. rip to the month long henry stickmin hyperfixation you were too good to last
The files for Super Mario Galaxy contain an unused planetoid that appears as a simple ring with a pool of water in the center. However, the water actually burns Mario when he jumps into it. Since the pool is a completely unique object that has the appearance of water but the physics of lava, it is likely that this effect was programmed intentionally, possibly to trick the player.
Okay you know what you don’t get to find facial scars on fictional characters sexy until you treat real people with facial deformities with kindness and respect. You can’t drool all over a dude with a “tasteful” scar over one eye until you stop staring at/refusing to look at people with half a jaw, an asymmetrical nose, a missing eye, etc. and stop fucking tagging disabled bodies as “body horror” bitch I’m gonna kill you
TUMBLR STOP MAKING STUPID FUCKING LAYOUT CHANGES NOBODY WANTS AND START FIXING THE BOT PLAGUE