Curiosity Sure As Hell Never Killed This Cat
A 2020 witch update ——->
This is as much of a rant and update post as it is an explanation to tie up the loose ends left on my “A Godly Shit Show” post. As before I’ll mention that; I’ll be forever in debt to those of you who helped me on this life-changing spiritual journey. Wowza! You guys helped a lot.
So first off; lets conquer this grizzly kitchen ghoul.
Whether you’d like to refer to it as a ghostly presence, energy, or a generally unfriendly menace… it’s all pretty much the same, as labels make us comfortable, and names give power!
So I come to you months after the aggressive salt throwing contest, after weeks upon weeks of soft prayer and bell work, with a happy report. Well, i’m mostly bemused if anything; I was in a state of confusion following the realisation that my patron goddess Isis, was actually only stepping in for some healing.
Upon ridding the ghost, among other findings, I realised where my loyalties lead - to Bast. She was the first I ever worked with, and upon some communication we’re starting to work with each other again.
So, I guess that was the second point. Along with a (mostly subdued) ghost, I’m repairing my relationship and therefore trust with beloved Bast. Isis played an important role in teaching me how to heal deep wounds surrounding childhood; she held me as I wept and delivered me into my own strength.
Thirdly; sorry guys, but I don’t know what the heck was going on with me and the Greek homies. There was major confusion at the start, so thank you for everyones patience.
Ultimately; I found myself having constant interaction with Hermes and Apollon, but mostly as a combined sort of energy I guess. I came to that conclusion by actual historical research - something I should’ve been doing from the beginning. Sorry about that 😋
Fourth… Amaterasu. Ah blimey, I’m not sure what to say for this one. Not much has happened since. But it’s definitely a different sort of deity; a type of ancient I wouldn’t even be able to begin to comprehend. Blessed upon Bast for not needing a prayer structure; it just didn’t work out.
That mostly concludes my spooky interactions. Over the past four to five years of witching… I’ve learnt so much. From other people, but also mostly from myself. I’ve learnt not to rely on other witches; as well as being unfair, you can only take so much before guesses blur facts. Practice has been entirely important. It sounds simple but, really it isn’t. I’ve learnt that self preservation is just as important as self worth. Boundaries are vital. And remembering to thank and love the deities that I’ve worked with has made both of our work so much more powerful.
Here are some ways I reconnected with Bast, if you’re interested;
- Giving the neighbourhood cats some extra attention 😊
- Offerings of luxury; but nothing out of pocket! She’d be upset that you would ever be over-indulgent. Gifts in moderation.
- Being mindful in interactions; honouring her through soft tongue and silence above words. Sometimes, even fools have stories to tell. Listen eagerly, and listen well.
- Remembering your presence. Be it through using perfumes, reminding people of your boundaries or offering unconditional empathy. Know your place in this world and the right to be in it. Stand ground.
- Asking her to honour items; I recently basked my tarot and runes under the sun, then the moonlight. I found that the next time I went to use them; they were full of spark! I think she was happy to help 😸 not to mention our communication was a lot clearer. And lastly,
- Providing thanks. Even if help comes in a way I didn’t expect, or I provide gratitude in an odd way, the aim remains the same. Gratitude is something we are working on, and why not! When it makes both of us happy ☺
Something me and Bast are working towards this year is having quiet strength; the lesson that there’s as much worth in resilience is there is fighting back.
What are you working towards this year? In your own craft, or with a deitie? Let me know in an ask or a comment… we’d like to know!
Blessed be and Thank You for reading 💖
P.S. If you have any questions ask away 💕