ITSAY / IPYTM Ep. 5 Parallels
ITSAY / IPYTM Ep. 5 Parallels
1. the story ipytm set out to tell definitely required more than 5x1 hour eps and it does feel like the pacing suffered as a result of time jumps and lack of time to delve into some of the storylines or more like storylines i was more keen on (and the run time of the longest ep in ipytm is like shorter than the shortest ep in itsay i think ??)
2. kinda wish they talked about conflicts related to self/loneliness/identity/growing up/chasing their dreams etc that could have caused rifts between them rather than smth like cheating that took like 2 eps of a show that already needed more screen time to tell it’s story. if i pretend like they broke up due reasons like growing apart, the reunion actually feels earned and heartwarming but i can’t help but feel like i needed to see teh beg and mope and repent more than i did to be fully satisfied
3. k drama/bollywood/cliche ep 5 but meh i am not really complaining at this point lol i think we all deserved a bit off fluff after everything we went through with eps 4&5
4. ngl they did get me with the scenes of them reconnecting at oh-aew’s workplace and the play with parallels to itsay that brought back some of the itsay feels
5. when skyline ost played nyahahahahah
6. it was nice seeing all the itsay characters now having grown up and thriving (esp tarn !!!! )
7. wish they had included scenes between teh and khim in particular for closure cause i do think he needed to apologise and make amends there
8. the last beach scene was so pretty tho i couldn't help but be kinda enamoured with it and they both looked really good there so a bitch can't complain
9. the new ost sounds really nice tho ??
10. as much as ipytm put us through hell over the past couple of weeks, i'm at peace and relieved with the ending despite knowing it’s not impeccable or completely satisfying (or congruent) from a narrative standpoint. but maybe that doesn’t really matter at this point as well. and i will miss these characters and possibly rewatch especially itsay in the future when im yearning for some angst/enemies to friends to lovers trope/coming of age stories.
ANOTHER MASTERPEICE GONE AND IM HEARTBROKEN 😭(but maybe like oh-aew I’ll be able to move on…mmhhh who I’m I kidding I’m not:()
1. The whole cheating thing, I personally did not mind it, unlike others did. I truly cared about how they where gonna resolve it, which they executed wonderfully. But the fandom did a little to much, news flash…shit is not all peaches and cream. No one is gonna please y’all all the time …
2. Oh aewwwwww, Im gonna miss my baby so much (and his outfits ! ) I’m glad he started to love himself because the journey to self love is NOT easy for some people, so for him to reach that point in his life, is amazing to see. AND his friends, can I get friends like that pls ?? The caring and comfort they gave him was amazing to see, I miss them already. 😔
3. The part where oh aew was giving teh suggestions for his play ALREADY just shows that he really did love teh and I believe that’s the moment teh knew he truly fucked up. Oh aew is truly the best thing that ever happened to him and look what he did.
4. The fucking play… hated but loved it at the same time. The whole publicly begging for a second chance in a grand way, I’ll always hate that. To me, it’s like you think our relationship is a joke and for show and I just can’t take you seriously. But I know teh is trying but sweetie this ain’t it.
5. Teh, well teh is teh but when I saw the messages (reminds me of shi de ) , I lowkey shed a tear not gonna lie. That scene really hurt me, like it did with oh aew. I’m glad he really acknowledged he truly fucked up, hopefully he learns to listens and watch what he says and does. Sometimes you gotta learn not it to be fucking stupid the hard way.
6. I also think why a big part of why ep3 and 4 had EVERYONE upset because to me personally, it felt like we were apart of the relationship. That we got cheated on also, and being blindsided and betrayed is not the best feeling.
7. The ending clutched my heart so bad, I didn’t want it to end . I wish we had more episodes but I BLAME HOMOPHOBIA 🤷🏽♀️
Overall the series is and will forever be a masterpiece. They DIDNT ruin it in “I promised you the moon” and I really wish someone of you would stop fucking saying that. Both seasons were extremely good and I’ll forever cherish the team and actors for giving us this beautiful story.
Favorite quote :
“We don’t have to promise forever…I just wanna be with you…”
“And if we ever have problems, can you come talk to me ??? [ Writers take notes pls, and come up with other plots. ]
© sunsetandthemoon © liyazaki © kaonoppakao © gunsatthaphan
tay @teh-ohaew to me earlier this afternoon 😭😭😭
tiny men HUGE suits happy ending 🤗
them trying to make khunpol look mid twenties is literally like one of those weird photoshoots of babies in business suits.
I promised you the moon + Episodes
"My heart is yours. Always. Unchanged."
the sweet karmatic retribution of oh aew hearing teh out, looking at him at him straight in his crying face, and saying no ❤️ before walking away in his little pierrot outfit.
Top Twitterpated Teh Gazes
if nadia doesn't announce a special episode this weekend i will personally whoop p'yong and p'boss' ass too, especially for giving us hope with that cryptic comment he left the other day 😤😤😤
actually the more i think abt it…. maybe ipytm ending is.. Okay. if ohaew is happy im happy like. he obviously learned to love & respect himself and he had a year to reflect so like. if going back to teh is what he wants then 😔 okay….
HELLOOOOOO THAT WAS THE BEST FINALE EVERRRRRRR
ok but the fact that oh-aew is a virgo and teh is a pisces.... literal soulmates... it’s kismet 😩💕
the other audience members trying to understand teh’s play
the way teh is SO predictable and oh aew had him exactly where he wanted him sdfsdfsadfasdf. he’s such a better person than me because i would have just left him hanging. he definitely deserved it.
TL;DR: rant about how (imo) ITSAY & IPYM are just perfection
I've read a lot of comments about how could Teh do something like that, how out of character it was for him and how it didn't seem to be in line with the way the characters were in ITSAY. The thing is, for me, it was an excellent portrayal of how life is after school, what happens to all those relationships and friendships we form during that time. I remember being 17 and my best friend's older brother telling us to enjoyed it while it lasted because once we graduated everything would change and we probably would not be that close anymore, and my 17 year-old self thought he was quite cynic and pessimistic and that it would never happened to us....a couple years later I had to agree with him.
Oh-aew was reluctant to leave Phuket because he knew it was the final step before things inevitably changed, something that Teh didn't quite grasped until Oh-aew changed college majors. This different timing processing "change" and accepting it, is what allowed Oh-aew to find himself in his likes and dislikes, making his own way but still including Teh in his life. While for Teh it meant he had to face it all at once, when all his expectations/fantasies came crumbling down when faced with the real world. Jay is exactly that, a last attempt to maintain the fantasy. He embodies what Teh thought Oh-aew was supposed to be and what they were supposed to have together, someone who is passionate about the same thing as him and doesn't make him question anything outside his comfort zone, it's his escape from a reality he didn't know how to deal with, he hid himself in that mirage. It all crashed and burned when reality pretty much kicked him in the face, first with the real Jay, and then in that marvelous and perfect scene during the couple song in which Teh is longingly looking at imaginary ideal Jay, until he sees the reality in Oh-aew tears and pain, and he can't hide anymore. How did BK manage to portray such deep emotions with just a look, a twitch of the mouth, a twinkle of the eyes. This scene was pure perfection, so much said in just a look, you can actually see his world coming down when he realizes what he's done. Beautiful.
Lastly, the trip down memory lane in the last 2 episodes was really nice, starting with the amazing shirt Teh wears when looking for Oh-aew at Q's. I saw that shirt and I couldn't help but smirk, light blue with red hibiscus' flowers... that one went straight to heart. And then in ep5 with the coconut scent, the flash cards and all the cast from ITSAY back in Phuket 👌🙌 Is it a common and easy trick to appeal to the viewers feelings? Yes. Did I love it anyway? Also yes!
they really committed to putting teh in the ugliest most ill-fitting streetwear outfit for their reunion. oh aew’s in his cute little business casual and teh’s wearing that black monstrosity. i miss his aloha shirts :( who in costuming hates billkin ????
he looks like he’s in a 90s boyband but he’s missing the rest of members’ matching outfits that complete the tragic look.
oh aew sticking his tongue out at magazine teh...why did they save all the cute callbacks until now?? like this is the dyanmic, this right here.