Hey, everyone out there in the Kimmunity. We’re now into the next part of handing the Fannies Awards for authors and their stories either published in, or updated, within the 2019 cycle.
The Nomination Period is open from 2-28-20 to 4-8-20. The latter date is significant because it will be the 15th anniversary of when So the Drama aired on Disney Channel.
The rules of the Nomination Period are as follows:
1) You can’t nominate yourself or your own stuff. You WILL be able to vote on somethin’ you did once we get to the voting process, but in order for you, a story, or a line you wrote to be nominated someone else has to do it.
The self-promotional and qualification thread lets you advertise yourself and your stuff so that people know you’re eligible for something (such as Young Author) and to advertise your stuff so that someone might read something they’d never seen before and decide to nominate something or even vote for something. Also, if we let you nominate your own stuff, there wouldn’t be a point to distinguishing between the self-promotion thread and nominating. People can continue to use that promotion thread to plug their own stuff through to March 14th and see if people go for it.
(EDIT: I edited the deadline of the self-promo thread closing.)
2) Again, in order to qualify, said chapter or story must be uploaded between 1-1-19 thru 12-31-19 in order to qualify. It can be either in progress or completed.
3) People can nominate three things per category. For example, you can nominate three stories to the Best Romance Story category but not more than that, and you can nominate three authors to the Best Author category but not more than that…and so on. You don’t HAVE to nominate three things, we’re just saying you can. Also, you don’t need to nominate stuff for EVERY category if you don’t want to. If you never read Dramas and have no idea what to nominate for it - don’t bother.
4) Either me or any other member of the Council will try to post a message in this thread, after this message, that keeps a running list of all the nominated things in each category. I and the other members of the Council may not be able to keep it updated daily, though. Please trust that if you sent it it’ll get tabulated in sometime during the next update to that message, and remember April 8th is the last day to send in things. We’ll both deal with the next step, voting, and explain how we’re going to handle that later.
5) If you won in a category last year you’re not eligible for it again this year (though you can win other things) just to give other people a chance to shine.
For a helpful reference, I have provided a link to all the stories that have been updated through 2019 (according to the Archive)
Also attached is the Ineligible List for this year’s awards: https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/329/179467549/1/Ineligibility-List
HOW TO NOMINATE
A) E-mail email@example.com copying and pasting this ‘form’ below into it and filling it out with your choices. I have also attached a link for the category descriptions of this year’s ceremony right here: https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/329/179358501/1/15th-KP-Fannies-Awards-Category-Descriptions
B) Send a PM to the KP Fannie Committee and then copy and past the aforementioned form if you do not wish to go the email route.Remember that you can leave some of them blank, and you’re allowed to put three down for each category, but we’d request that you provide the requested information about both. Nominations that aren’t eligible (for example, they weren’t in the 2019 cycle) will not be counted but we won’t write you back about it just because that would be a lot of back and forth to deal with.
1) Best KP Style Name (include the story/series and author they’re from):
2) Best Original Character (include the story/series and author they’re from):
3) Best Minor Character (include the story/series and author they’re from):
4) Best Villain (include the story/series and author they’re from):
5) Best Songfic (include who the author is):
6) Best AU Story (include the author they’re from):
7) Best Crossover/Fusion (include mention of what is getting crossed over or fused and who the author is):
8) Best Alternate/Other Canon Pairing (include the story/series it shows in and the author):
9) Best KiGo Story (include the author):
10) Best Drakgo Story (include the Author)
11) Best Kim/Ron Story (include the author):
12) Best Comedy Story (include the author):
13) Best Romance Story (include the author and it might be good to indicate who is focused on romantically to give context for voters later on):
14) Best Friendship Story (include the author and it might be good to indicate the people involved to give context for voters later on):
15) Best Action/Adventure Story (include the author):
16) Best Drama Story (include the author):
17) Most Unlikely/Unique Story (include the author)
18) Best Mature-Rated Novel (include the author)
19) Best Mature-Rated Short Story (include the author)
20) Best Mature-Rated One Shot (include the author)
21) Best One-Shot Overall (include the author):
22) Best Novel-Sized Story (include the author):
23) Best Short Story (include the author):
24) Best Series Overall (include the author):
25) Best New Author:
26) Best Young Author (author must be between the ages of 14-19)
27) Best Single Line (say what story it appears in and who the author is, and please provide some context on this line to help people understand why it’s cool):
28) Best Reviewer (and tell us why you like them, whether it’s number of reviews, insightful reviews, funny reviews, or something else):
29) CPNeb Kimmunity Award (who, and try to say why just in case people aren’t familiar with them: Remember that people from Deviantart, Fanfiction, Discord, Tumblr, Twitter, Skype, or any of the active KP forums are eligible for this award.):
30) Kimmunity Achievement Award (Who? Doesn’t need to have necessarily published in 2017):
31) Best Story Overall (say who the author is):
32) Best Writer: