Curfew order extended till 28th June in Tamil Nadu…..no relaxation in 11 districts….!
Since the curfew in Tamil Nadu has been extended till June 28, the districts have been divided into three categories and exempted. Of these, only 11 category 1 districts are allowed to continue activities which are already permitted.
The cases of corona infection are gradually decreasing in Tamil Nadu. Yesterday (June 20) alone 8,183 people were infected with Corona. 468 people have been affected in Chennai. Yesterday only 31,015 people had recovered and returned home. Yesterday only 180 people died of corona infection.
In this context, Chief Minister Stalin today (June 20) ordered extension of the curfew in Tamil Nadu till June 28 as the curfew will end tomorrow (June 21).
In this regard, Chief Minister Stalin in a statement issued today said, "Based on the incidence of disease in the districts, the districts have been classified as follows.
Category 1 - (11 Districts)
Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai districts
Type 2 - (23 Districts)
Ariyalur, Cuddalore, Dharmapuri, Dindigul, Kallakurichi, Kanyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram, Ranipettai, Sivagangai, Theni, Tenkasi, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tiruvannamalai, Tuticorin, Trichy, Villupuram districts and Villupuram.
Category 3 - (4 Districts)
Chennai, Tiruvallur, Kancheepuram and Chengalpattu districts
Out of the districts classified as above, only those activities have been allowed which will continue to be allowed for 11 districts in Category 1.
Thus it is said.
Activities already permitted in the districts mentioned in Type-I:
* Services including private security service companies and housekeeping in offices, houses and flats will be allowed with e-registration.
* Self-employed persons like Electrician, Plumber, Computer & Machine Repair Technician (Motor Technician) and Carpenter will be allowed to visit the home of service seekers for repairs with e-registration from 9 AM to 5.00 PM, however such Shops are not allowed to open.
* Cycle and two wheeler repair shops (not sales outlets) will be allowed to operate from 9 am to 2.00 pm.
* Passengers in hired vehicles, taxis and autos will be allowed with e-registration. Apart from the driver, three passengers will be allowed to travel in taxis and only two passengers will be allowed to travel in autos apart from the driver.
* Agricultural equipment, pump set repair shops (not sales outlets) will be allowed to operate from 9 am to 2.00 pm.
* Glasses sales and repair shops will be allowed to operate from 9 am to 2.00 pm.
* Manufacture and sale of pottery and handicrafts will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
* Export companies, companies manufacturing and distributing inputs to export companies will be allowed to operate with 25 per cent staff following the standard guidelines.