We’re still learning about Leto, but here are my perspectives: brazen. She slept with her best friend’s husband (allegedly), showed up at Hades house to persuade Persephone to Apollo’s side (ew), and even called Persephone her future daughter-in-law (double ew). She’s manipulative, commanding, powerful (???), persistent, and honestly, she gives me the heebie geebies. (Insert shudder.)
Below are a list of talented women who I think could capture this role perfectly. Who would you cast?
1. Elizabeth Banks. Top pick. I’m pretty sure she can do anything.
#oc: rachel carter #fic: kindred#fd: mcu #I love them your honour #she's so fucking cute and he adores her so much #and #even though he doesn't understand most of her references and his way of typing causes her physical pain #she loves him too
That putrid rotting smell isn't the star of Zombie Shark (2020), it's the movie itself. #SharkWeak4🦈 Review
That putrid rotting smell isn't the star of Zombie Shark (2020), it's the movie itself. #SharkWeak4🦈 #Review
While more recent bad shark movies have displayed a greater range than might be expected, ZOMBIE SHARK (also known as Shark Island) is very much a throwback to the sausage machine bad shark movie output of the 2010s. After the unexpected ocean delights of SHARK KILLER and DEEP BLUE SEA 3, this decaying corpse of a movie abruptly re-pollutes the waters of Shark Weak 4.
When a group of friends…
happy birthday you beautiful human! You have been such a light for me during my stay on this platform and your edits are seriously godlike I don’t know how you do it. You are an inspiration and I appreciate you always willing to hear out our crazy ideas, whether they’re changing FCs or complaining about something else. You are such a great friend, person, and creator and I hope you have a day that’s as awesome as you!!
So I'm watching Happy Death Day and Happy Death Day 2U back to back, and it occurred to me a while ago how close they come to being a Life is Strange movie.
Mainly the elements of time travel, alternate timelines, a murder mystery that juxtaposes with a teenage girl working on her personal relationships, be it her friends or her family.
There's quite a few differences in the actual story and themes, I did notice parallels between the character of Tree Gelbman, with Max, Chloe and Rachel. Mostly the latter two.
1. The Time Travel aspect, although that's the most Tree has in common with Max. Other than she comes out of her shell because of the time travel aspect.
2. Like Chloe, Tree has a Death Cycle throughout the story. There's also an alternate ending to the first HDD, where Tree dies anyway, rendering everything she went through moot, so add that to the Chloe comparisons.
3. Tree, like Max and Chloe, takes up a junior detective/vigilante streak to get to the bottom of the mystery afoot.
4. Tree an ostensible Alpha Bitch status among her peers, which is where the Rachel angle comes in. I was gonna make a Victoria Chase comparison, but the parallels don't fit as much.
5. Tree like Chloe has an arc where she starts off as a hardass bitch, who let the death of her parent send them down a spiral, almost letting it make her a toxic person; over the course of the story we see more of the person she is behind the stereotype.
Unlike Chloe, Tree doesn't have the factor of an abusive father figure, a missing best friend, but they at least got being targeted by a psychopath thing in common.
6. Now Rachel also has issues toxicity issues, that going by Before the Storm, can be attributed to parental issues. But most notably, Tree and Rachel are both having affairs with grown ass men (their teachers no less). In fact, this affair is key to why Rachel was killed/why Tree is being targeted.
As a bonus, like Jefferson, Dr. Butler turns out to be a killer in 2U, but since Tree wasn't having the affair in that world/timeline, I'm not sure it counts. It's at least a coincidence.
As for other character comparisons, the easier one would be the character of Carter Davis; on surface level, the easier comparisons to make would be with Warren Graham, being a movie nerd, and friendly Nice Guy - an unironic Nice Guy at that - but when you get to the meat of it, Carter is really the Max to Tree's Chloe. Carter barely knows Tree, but goes out of his way to help her, expecting nothing in return; he helps her in the murder mystery and is the one Tree opens up to about her problems; their ultimately relationship ends up being a pretty important factor in Tree’s arc, almost as much as Max and Chloe’s.
There is a "Max-Like" character in HDD in Lori Spengler, in that she’s a shy, “mousy” brunette...but seeing as she's the killer on the first film, that's a surface level comparison, but it’s weird how close it would be if Lori took the place of carter. If Happy Death Day wasn't heteronormative; if Lori wasn't the killer, but instead in a queer/queer coded relationship with Tree, as her "partner in time", (and if Dr. Butler was still the killer) LIS and HDD would be a lot more comparable.
...okay, right as I wrote the last bit, I realized what I just described almost fits 2U.
Rachel gets Jia into Ace Attorney fandom and cosplaying and tries to get her into shipping
#in the first drawing theyre probably at comiccon or smth #also rachel most definitely ships wrightworth and franmaya #rom #the revenge of magic #revenge of magic #rachel carter#jia liang#ria #an idiot draws #an idiot doodles