Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 🥧 🍓
1. 2 ½ cups of flour
2. 1 tsp of salt
3. 1 tsp of sugar
4. 1 cup of margarine
5. ½ cup cold water
1. ¼ cup dark brown sugar
2. ½ cup sugar
3. 1 and ½ tbs vanilla extract
4. Juice of 2 lemons
5. 2 tbs margarine
6. 4 cups of strawberries that are cut into fourths
7. 3 cup of sliced rhubarb
8. 4 tbs of corn starch
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, salt, sugar, margarine, and cold water in a large mixing bowl.
2. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and cut into two equal balls. Put in the fridge while preparing the filling.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, margarine, and corn starch. Set aside.
4. Cut strawberries into fourths and cut rhubarb into small slices. Put the prepared strawberries and the rhubarb into the mixing bowl with the sugar. Stir to combine evenly.
5. Take out the two dough balls from the fridge. Roll them out until ¼ inch thick. Place one onto the bottom of pie plate. Flatten out and trim off excess on top.
6. Pour the filling into the pie plate and smooth out with a spoon. Place the other dough layer on top. Roll the edges of the dough inward to create a crust. Pinch the top dough with the bottom to create a seal.
7. Make four air holes in the top of the pie.
8. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until the crust is browned.