related to the last post (t/o/h spoilers) but i didn’t want to jank up the tags w unrelated stuff: unfortunately i have brainrot for my own au because when these scenes/specific lines came up i immediately went sticky notes!captain--
Introducing the End’s royal heirs apparent. Her highness of the floating isles Princess Nihachu; and his highness of the deep void Prince Ranboo.
For those of you who have no idea where this is from, go check out the archetype au on @dreamsmp-au-ideas.
but below￼ a small summery-
Welcome to the Dream Smp, something is so very-very wrong. People are going missing and family’s aren’t family’s at all, or maybe they never were in the first place. History changes like the tide upon the beach, while gods walk among men, and even they are susceptible to mortal things such as mistakes. And reality isn’t so tangible as one would assume￼, so much as it changes with the whims of someone or- something best left to rot. There is something wrong with your world, something so very wrong; but you can’t remember what.
The Runic part is an association of the character with a Germanic Rune (they're all from different sources so not exactly accurate!) - they fit with all the names to give their ancient Runic names ;
they're the equivalent of the Crimson Dragon marks for the Signers! (except here they're called the beam[s] (signs) / beamberend (sign-bearers) -- I'll do a full post with all the lore later! ..when I finally do the other designs..
CROW - the BLACKFEATHER ROGUE
- Archer and rogue: sneaky thief that lives in the Woods and leaps around, tree-to-tree, whilst firing arrows at unsuspecting travellers to steal from them!
- As his rune suggests, he is skilful in his craft, using natural resources to craft his various daggers, arrows and even his worn clothing!
- Carries small hidden daggers for that added efficiency (and in case his enemies take his precious bow! ... he always has a trick up his sleeve - literally!!)
- Looks after orphans that get lost in the Woods, having a soft spot for their lives from having to live rough from a young age himself
BLACKFEATHER BOW (and his Runic power!)
- designed after Crow's signer dragon, Black Feather/Wing Dragon! ((they all have ancient weapons based on their dragons!))
- It's power is Damage-Drain: every arrow drains power from targets, and each is absorbed into the bow, turning the feathers black one-by-one until they all darken and Crow can unleash his arrow flurry... NOBLE STREAM!!!! (based off his Signer Dragon's power!)
MEETING THE OTHER BEAMBEREND (Atlas, Yusei, Runa, Akiza)
- I'll probably do a fuller post later down the line with how they all meet and I'm working on a little comic for their introductions, but I'll include this anyway (because it will take me a LONG time to get to that point!):
- As a rogue, he definitely tried to steal from one of them... Probably from Atlas, who did not let him go! They have a rivalry and constantly fight each other. With Crow as the mischievous type he is, he always winds Atlas up, but Atlas takes it to far with his Absolute Power!
- He likely meets Yusei through Atlas (they meet eachother first!), but tries to steal from Yusei likewise. Yusei's kindness and humility gives him a sense of guilt, and he and Yusei develop a pact to protect each other!
- Runa, as the noble daughter, was a much later introduction! Crow likely travels with Atlas and Yusei to meet her and start the Rune quest! (more info coming later...). Runa, as a healer, protects Crow - but Crow finds out about her troubled upbringing and, as both an orphan himself and looking after orphans, and he tries to give her more of a happy childhood than Godwin does!
- Aki is rumoured to be an evil Witch-botanist, so he and the others have to hunt her out to uncover the truth... and when she joins them she is the only one that can truly discipline him with her tough and apathetic power! Crow still tries to be rebellious though! in the end, they're quite the opposites!
I was going to say it's been a while since I've come to this blog to absolutely derail or ruin an AU, but looking at the archetype au, someone's managed to absolutely derail it before me. That being said, I've emerged from the void for a quick spell to offer up some additions to the derailing. If you've seen any of my other posts you know exactly what I'm about to do.
Alright, we've canonized Tommy being Kristen's kid, right? So here's an interesting thought. Tommy being a phoenix because of Kristen. Fundy is also a phoenix, as are a couple other characters I'll get into later. A phoenix isn't actually a hybrid in the biological sense as much as a spiritual sense, so Fundy is still a phoenix even if he can't manage to summon his wings right now as an Unaware and he looks like a fox. Tommy who looks like the token human at this point is similar. You can biologically be one thing and still be a phoenix. XD chose Tommy to be his protagonist because of what he is, and also the fact XD really hates Kristen [who if she's the God of Death I purpose her real name be >:)]. It was generally a win win for XD. That's also why XD bullies Fundy, to keep him from ever figuring out what he is.
Now, there's one other phoenix that XD didn't even realize was a phoenix and honestly still hasn't because you wouldn't be able to tell right off the bat. Our buddy boy Jack who pulled himself out of hell deserves it. A funny thing about phoenixes, their minds and bodies don't heal like regular people. Not as quickly, anyway. Much like we need to sleep in order for our bodies to fulfil their required biological processes, a phoenix actually needs to die.
If a phoenix sees another phoenix, and that phoenix seems sick, they'll try to kill the other phoenix until they seem better. A bit like making your sick family member sleep off a cold. A common method being lava since if the phoenix is sick enough they stop being fire proof and if they're not sick enough the lava just kinda helps and feels nice. This is why Tommy pushed Jack into the lava during his second exile. He was so out of it that the hind brain started popping off. The phoenix brain understood what XD was doing, and saw Jack for the Unaware that he was. It was trying to kickstart the process but just once wasn't enough due to the strength of XD's hold. This is also why he tried to jump into lava himself during exile. Any death will work but it's the difference between trying to start a fire with friction methods vs. starting a fire with a flint and steel. Lava's easier and takes less time. For a phoenix, it's about kindling that spark.
And Tommy? The farther he sinks under XD the more noticeably sick he gets to any phoenixes on the dsmp. For Tommy, the control XD exerts is more dominant and pronounced than anyone else on the server.
Maybe it isn't a member of the SBI who saves Tommy. Maybe it can't be. Maybe he's too hurt and too desperate and too sick to ever be saved by a member of the SBI. But... Jack's know Tommy for years, been a phoenix for years. Aware or Unaware, this is a Jack who'd want Tommy dead (even if the reasons varied a bit.) So... The thing that actually brings Tommy back and grounds him is an absolute wall of death messages. Tommy and Jack tied up and stuck in a lava death loop until we finally get the something that clicks. Maybe Jack is already an Aware at this point and doing his best to save his fellow phoenix. Maybe he's still an Unaware, but comes back to himself during the process and drags Tommy along with him. Either way, it was always destined to be the fingers of Kristen brushing through Tommy's hair between respawns and her whispered encouragements that dragged him back.
~Snapdragon & Firefly