Thank you for tagging me, @balaenabooks!! This looks so fun.
1. “Thrice the brinded cat hath mew’d.” Recommend a book with a cat in it.
So many I can think of, but my favorite one is “Felidae” by
Akif Pirinçci. It’s about a cat named Francis who investigates a string of slaughtered cats in Germany.
2. “Harpier cries ‘Tis time, ‘tis time.” What is the next book you plan to read?
My TBR is a mile long, but I plan on reading “H is for Hawk” by Helen Macdonald next.
3. “Round about the cauldron go” Recommend a book that took you a long time to read.
It took me forever to read “Journey to the Center of the Earth” by Jules Verne. The story was really good at first, but it kept getting slower and slower with lots of whining from our narrator.
4. “Eye of newt and toe of frog” Recommend a book from your childhood OR recommend a gross book.
Ok, so “The Hellbound Heart” by Clive Barker had some really descriptive and unsettling murderish scenes in it. I’m not faint of heart, but that totally made me shiver.
5. “Make the gruel thick and slab” Recommend a book over 400 pages.
“The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak is SO good and when you read it, it doesn’t feel like it’s over 400 pages. I highly recommend reading it.
6. “Double, double toil and trouble/ Fire burn and cauldron bubble” Recommend any book you like.
Any book I like, you say? Then, I definitely recommend “Norse Mythology” by Neil Gaiman. If you have any interest in mythology or just good storytelling, this is a great account of some of the more popular Norse myths.
Just fun, so I’m tagging @nosyreader! If this looks like something you’d like to do, then totally tag me when you do it!