people being stripped agaimst their will in prisons isn't the funny joke marvel seems to think it is...
Top Bakugou or Top Deku?
it's 2am. I have work tomorrow.
anyway more on marble hornets--
Dear Watcher, just how much is it that you see...
[Read more for Lurien headcanons!]
Hello there are going to be Dubious Bug Facts here
Lurien the Watcher
Since it's never stated what sort of bug he is, I like to imagine what he would be like if he were a sort of wasp! I was inspired by the Blue Mud Dauber Wasp! Because they are pretty, and very blue and metallic, which I think suits him quite well! Man of iridescence of sorts...
- From the 2nd or 3rd clutch from his parent? Born in Deepnest/Hallownest.
- His parent had originally sought shelter within one of the abandoned Weaver nests up on the surface (after the Weavers had moved to Deepnest), and had lived there for some time, raising their first few clutches here.
- After... dire circumstances—Godly Surface Shenanigans*—rendering that area of the surface inhospitable, they had decided to take example of the Weavers and head to this 'Deepnest' for shelter, which then in turn resulted in them finding 'Hallownest' alongside that.
- So they had, while gestating, fled to Hallownest, and had lived at first in avoidance of the Kingdom, raising Grub Lurien with whatever spiderlings they could hunt. (I like to think that they loved him lots, whether it be due to the fact he's the only egg to have survived this time, perhaps just because he's him, or perhaps he's the last they will care for.)
- Due to scarcer access to flower nectar—as the adults almost exclusively eat nectar, while the larvae eat spiders!—from their spot in Deepnest, his parent eventually grew to be kind of sickly spending all their time and energy in hunting for Lurien and raising him. They were adamant in feeding Lurien the spiders instead of themself, as he was just a leetle grub.
- Not only that, but they were also already on the older side, having had clutches of kids kinda grow up and leave. It's easy to say that they hadn't lived too long in Deepnest, at least, just a little ways after Lurien emerged from his little mud nest as a fully grown wasp, only to see his parent very sickly, and eventually dying in his presence.
(I'm still thinking on how that may influence him, whether he still has a more distant instinct of, "Oh. Well, they helped me live, and I appreciate that" or if it's a genuinely "Oh no! [traumatized]"
*I do have some specifications of said Surface God Shenanigans, but that would involve me talking a bit about Cerys(hk oc)/the Land of Dew and Silver(their homeland) and its relation to everything else lmaoo
- Survived some time in Deepnest via hunting and chilling in his nest, but being a very young adult wanting something more, something better + his instinctual desire for nectar, which is Very Much Not Here, he eventually decided to head to Hallownest, and officially immigrating.
- I do think he did draw the interest of the Pale King initially, but being someone not yet settled into the ways of Hallownest, I imagine perhaps the Pale King took note of him, especially his mutation, before continuing on with more urgent matters of that time? Who knows! But imagine his reaction, when sending a missive to the Pale King asking for his presence or the ability to serve as the Watcher and him going "Ah, yes, Lurien. I very much remember you." or smth like that.
- But that's later. So he went through schooling gradually, while doing various other odd jobs, before eventually finishing and pursuing that of the role of the Watcher! I imagine he didn't completely understand his mutation growing up, so getting that education in the ways of SOUL, as well as better understanding his visions and of that sort was really encouraging and comforting for him!
- I imagined he lived his normal, mortal lifespan/stopped aging around middle-age, before becoming Vaguely Long-Lived due to his close relationship to the Pale King.
- I also like to headcanon that while he was in school, he would kill two uh, vengeflies with one stone by working in the closest gardens for free nectar and also geo... :)
- I. am really just making Lurien a jack of all trades, huh. Hunter at some point, gardener, scholar, and then the Watcher? Sir... (Granted, the first two are kind of inherent to his species, but it's still kind of funny!)
- Lived in Hallownest at first with a sort of discomforted alienation, either due to mutation or just the physical difference between him and the other citizens of Hallownest, but it was soothed a little by the fact his particular species tends to be solitary.
- Quiet and calm in personality, but is actually quite the nervous sorts. Nervous in imposing on others, especially those whose opinions he values. A very passive person though, it takes a lot to aggravate him and/or cause him to lash out, if at all.
- Not cold or unfriendly though, I imagine? Introverted for sure, but because socializing takes up so much energy. Small talk is okay, and he probably relished it for a very long time before actually forming Deeper relationships, and finding a preference in more indepth conversations.
- Being naturally solitary can only go so far though; he's never tested his limits consciously, so he doesn't realize he's far surpassed it by the time he forms bonds between the Pale King, his butler, the Dreamers, and more. Touchstarved...
- Very much enjoys being in the background/observing, hence his affinity for casting not only a neutral eye over things when need be, but also a very... hm,, warm one? Inspired, and loving in the way the world can be so wondrous?
- In particular with his art, I like to think he favours trying to capture certain melancholia that the world can bring—to be aware of all its tragedies and how cruel it can be, yet also being reminded of just how wonderful it is too, how beautiful.
- Just a cozy dude... man wants to be in a nook! He went from living in little tunnels in the earth to living in a tall, solitary spire, and honestly he's living his best life!
- Enjoyer of water and rain, but I imagine he actually has some sensory issues regarding mud? Despite it being in the name of the species, it just feels... like it makes sense.
- Whether it be due to hypersensitivity due to SOUL mutation, or simply due to inherent preferences. So even if he does ever get the impulse to craft a nest, it would most likely come from instinct of caring for a child of sorts.
- (In technicality, it never truly started raining until after the collapse of Hallownest—hence Lemm mentioning the unfortunate circumstance of spider silk melting—but I do like to think it would rain, even if on occasion rather than the constant downpour post-Hallownest.)
- It's generally unknown what sort of bug he is, much less a wasp, became more mysterious the longer lived he became haha!
- though he is taller in comparison to the usual height of the Capital's denizens, it doesn't clear things up still. Covers his entire body because comfy, cozy, and also he will Not be perceived without permission.
- And due to his prior experience with navigating Deepnest, he was also favoured by the Pale King in helping manage negotiations and communications with them. (Because he lived there for some time for survival, I do wonder if he ever tried to speak/communicate with any Weavers of sorts.)
- I imagine in the beginning of their friendship, there were less reservations of having Lurien even visit Deepnest, but as time went on and they become closer, PK became more anxious and would prefer he Not, unless he takes guards with him, despite knowing Lurien could very well handle himself.
(Deepnest has plenty of tunnels, deep and dark and narrow and somewhat damp, something very akin to a Wyrm, and I think perhaps that similarity would cause the Pale King to feel more uptight regarding visitations to certain areas. It won't be the Pale King's territories or tunnels, they belong to someone else, he is not there to ensure Lurien's safety.)
- Prefers spells for combat, though if pressed, or needs to, he's quite capable of defending himself. I don't think he would use his stinger (trans momence :)!! yes!), and would prefer projectiles over all else.
Because he was a passive hunter/eats mainly nectar in the first place as an adult, he very willingly and very much settles into a softer life as a citizen of Hallownest. Man has centuries to live softly, his earliest years of living in Deepnest, while not forgotten, are not his norm.
- I also think that passive hunter aspect would cause him to be Even More Okay with staying still or in one spot for ludicrous amounts of time, to the point of it being unhealthy for him and not realizing. He has to be wrangled sometimes, he gets so focused.
Just finished Shadow and Bone and looked into the tags, and I have never seen a fandom needing to use an anti-tag for what is literally just engaging with the text.
Yes, this is about any meta about the darkling's canonical abuse and manipulation.
guys i think she’s an empath
Recruitment Consultant – Fit Out
Job title: Recruitment Consultant – Fit Out Company: Denovo Recruitment Job description: recruitment agency in Sydney with offices all around Australia and in Europe. Our consultants truly believe in the… Expected salary: Location: Europe – Sydney, NSW Job date: Tue, 18 May 2021 07:06:56 GMT Apply for the job now! Finding a job in Sydney is easy with the help of Jobs Sydney Australia. We list…
View On WordPress
Early Childhood Teacher Key Points: New childcare centre in Glenquarie Town Centre, Macquarie Fields Exciting opportunity to join us on our journey and you won’t find better! Attractive remuneration package on offer Our state-of-the-art, purpose built childcare centre is currently looking for a number of passionate and dedicated Early Childhood Teachers to join our team. Watch You Learn has a…
View On WordPress
yknow what, fuck it. this is also a transmasc/enby blog idc.
so if you didnt follow me for trans stuff then... sorry not sorry???
so dysfunctional-mlmnblm -> dysfunctional-transgay.
Fuck acne treatments.
that is all
i never uploaded the ref sheet for my care bear oc...new followers i apologize for the cringe but i love him and therefore cannot be stopped
People in my house won't shut up about him!
I don't care that he's finally getting what he deserves! For all I fantasize about revenge, I don't care! I'd be so much better off if I never had to think of him again! I'm glad he's suffering right now but it would make me so much more glad to not hear his name, to not hear about his life, to not hear that he hasn't changed at all, to not have to be afraid for my baby cousin's safety because he has a grudge against this actual toddler! I'm scared I'm going to see my baby cousin and start asking him questions because the idea that he might be on the receiving end of half the shit that bastard put me through, and I didn't have to live with him every damn day!!!! I'm even more scared that my cousin will fucking confirm my fears if i ever ask!!! I'm terrified for those two kids! My little cousin and his nephew who is older than him, and the excruciating knowledge in my mind of what that man does to kids he doesn't like.
I don't want to hear anything about that situation except "your adopted cousin and his nephew are safe and were not harmed." I don't want to hear it! I would have been so much happier to hear he did a 180 and was no longer a danger to anyone else!
God i hate this family. I want to leave. I want to kill him. I want to disappear and never have to worry about this again