first fic lines
i was tagged by @allwaswell16 to share my first fic lines! thank you!
rules: list the first lines of your last 20 stories (if you have less than 20, just list them all!). see if there are any patterns. choose your favorite opening line and then tag 10 of your favorite authors!
i have 19 works so i’m doing all of them!
1. where they glow - Alvin had been working as a personal guard to the king for almost six months now, standing vigil outside his personal suite for the first half of the night every other day.
2. if the sun don’t shine - Dreams are a fickle thing.
3. feeling borrowed, always blue - The sweet syrupy taste of Louis’ iced tea slides down his throat uncomfortably as he takes another sip.
4. sweet like honey - The very first time Harry peeked into his new Hall of Residence neighbor’s open door two days before classes started in freshman year, it was after hearing an alarming and slightly concerning shriek.
5. even the best laid plans - Louis got the idea at four in the morning.
6. just a flicker in the dark - “I’m telling you, you’re making a mistake,” Liam says firmly.
7. there’s nothing like it (nothing at all) - There’s only one place Harry feels the most content, and it’s here.
8. works like a charm - Louis limps into the changing rooms, grip tight around his broom and a scowl across his face.
9. give me love - Despite being an omega, Louis’ always had a blatant dislike of alphas.
10. thinking about peaches - Louis’ two hours away at one of his old friend’s parties when Harry gets a call from him.
11. call you mine - “I have a request.”
12. bruise you like a peach - There’s two reasons Harry despises Econ.
13. at your fingertips - Louis should have seen it coming.
14. sleeping on our problems - Louis has no idea how he ended up here.
15. move so pretty (you’re all i see) - Harry’s pretty content with his life.
16. in a world alone - The knock came at ten in the morning.
17. before we knew - Louis bites his lip, shamelessly ogling the man currently seated at his own office diagonally across from his.
18. my love’s not simple (it’s fragile) - Harry enters the frat building, calling out a greeting to whoever’s home.
19. Don’t Let It (Me) Break - A tentative knock the quiet peace of Louis’ room.
i honestly completely forgot so many of these so this was really cool to see! i think my favorite would have to be #2 and #12 because i feel like they draw you in the most. i also am a big fan of circular endings so there’s that too ;)
i’m going to tag: @tomlinvelvetfics, @hadestyles, @harryanthus , @rockstarlouis, @eeveelou, @zanniscaramouche, and anyone else who sees this and wants to do it, regardless of how many fics you have out! no pressure to any of you :)