Here are all the clues from “Pilot” (1x01) that point to Aria being a part of The “A” game since the beginning...
1. While Aria’s drinking from her red cup, Pigtunia is right behind her and in the next scene, a red cup and Pigtunia have gone missing. Also, Aria wasn’t sleeping.
2. After Spencer tells Aria to be careful with her drink because she might tell all of her secrets, Alison prompts Aria to drink up.
3. Whenever Aria looked at a picture of Alison, she looked really guilty.
4. The “A” messages don’t start until Aria returns from a whole year overseas in Iceland.
5. The Montgomery family went to Iceland straight after Alison went missing. Why would they run away if they don’t have anything to hide?
6. Aria received the first “A” message and her name was at the front of it. When she thought Alison was “A”, she looked pretty damn scared. Why?
7. Aria is pushing the Alison is “A” card way too much.
8. Emily had a note put in her locker by someone and when Emily went to talk to Aria about it and brought it up, Aria instantly knew it was from “A”.
9. Aria admits to Emily that she feels like an outsider even though she grew up in Rosewood. This is the only thing we know about Aria’s backstory, by the way. We know little to nothing about her.
10. She was the one that ended up pushing for her and Ezra to be a couple, when he clearly knew that it was wrong and initially rejected her.
11. When Aria meets Ezra at Hollis Bar & Grill, she mentions that her writing is currently personal and just for her. Ezra calls Aria smart even though he knows very little about her.
12. Byron mentioned that Aria used to take her beloved pig puppet with her everywhere and Ella said that Aria loves the puppet because Byron gave it to Aria. So, Aria’s love of puppets and pigs is established very early on.
13. When the body was found, Aria turned away instead of walking closer and told Spencer that she heard that Hanna was arrested. Where did she hear that from? The only person who knows aside from Wilden, Ashley, and Hanna, is Aria and -A.
14. At the funeral, it’s obvious that she’s the first one there because she’s standing at the top of the stairs and watching everyone else arrive.
15. After Aria gets a message from someone soon after she sat down with The Liars up front at the funeral, she says Emily and her aren’t the only ones who got messages from “A”, meaning she knows about Hanna and Spencer receiving a message from “A”, but how?
16. After Ezra said that he wanted to know more about her, she said the same thing.
17. While Aria tells Ezra that she’d never want to do anything that would get Ezra in trouble, she’s shaking her head a little, indicating that she’s lying and doesn’t necessarily care if she jeopardizes Ezra’s career as a teacher or not.
18. When Emily asks Aria if they should tell someone about “A”, Aria explicitly says; “I don’t know about you, but, I can’t.” Why are Aria and Emily not on the same page with telling someone about “A”?
19. After the girls meet Detective Wilden after the funeral, Aria asks if it’s possible that he knows about The Jenna Thing and how it happened. Her suspicions were right, though. He did know how Jenna went blind.
20. The original group text The Liars get from “A” was supposed to say “I’m back, bitches, and I know everything. -A” but in the episode, it’s sent as “I’m still here, bitches, and I know everything. -A.”
21. When you look closely at “A’s” perspective of the closed coffin and the picture of Alison, it’s almost identical to Aria’s perspective of the closed coffin and Alison’s picture, but it’s cropped.