i have a lot of good urls ill never use.. all dressed up and nowhere to go.....
house flipper might actually be a genuinely reprehensible game... i am enjoying my interior decorating but it's kinda hard not to notice that the dlc and npcs seem to cater to right wing white people, even trump supporters, and the whole idea behind buying cheap houses and making them expensive for profit is disgusting, and it portrays it like some kind of bootstraps diy thing when in reality all of this would be done by contractors and employees. the people cleaning these windows and vacuuming these roaches would be low paid and in precarious situations. it would take a lot of labor, not just one person zipping around the building with a mop that works like a magic wand. all so it can be sold to a landlord. like i think it might be a genuinely ideologically harmful game. but i do enjoy putting pink paint on a wall.
Artist: Brian Viveros
Y’know I’ve been seeing some weird takes on Doomsday as an arc on here. So I feel like clearing up some misconceptions about it.
1. “No one lost canon lives on doomsday” that is extremely false, in fact Jack Manifold lost his final canon life on Doomsday making him 3/4 on SBI related canon deaths. Then our man was quite literally too stubborn to die and climbed out of hell with a fresh set of three lives. Don’t fuck with the Manifold grind.
2. “Why did Techno focus on Tommy so much? Shouldn’t he be fighting more with Quackity?” I can see why people would feel annoyed by that but if you look closely at their characters you’ll see exactly why this happened. First and foremost why Tommy? Well the perceived betrayal was still fresh and blowing up L’manburg was equally about getting rid of the government as it was a bloody reminder to Tommy and everyone else just how bad of an idea it is to double cross Techno. As for why he didn’t actively go after Quackity for the butcher army thing? Well I mean, think about their characters, why would Techno who barely registers Quackity as a threat bother to target him? He already killed Quackity why bother killing him again? The lesson has already been taught. At least to Techno anyways.
3. “What’s with Techno waxing poetic the whole time, it was just stupid and over dramatic and he wasn’t even right!” Yeah. That’s the point. That’s techno’s whole character. Overdramatic mythology references with loose ties to the situation are sorta his thing. It’s a good view of how he perceives the world too! And well, guys it’s improv, not every line is gonna be a “I’m a human!” Or a “if you want to be a hero, then die like one!”
4. “Why would Techno team up with Dream?” For the same reason Wilbur did. The exuberant amounts of tnt
5. “Why didn’t Dream and Tommy fight eachother?” On Tommy’s end he was too busy trying to minimize the damage L’manburg took from the withers and being horrified by the tnt rain. And as for Dream. Well Dream got what he wanted, he left his message to Tommy. He believes Tommy is like, his fated rival or something, killing him on Doomsday would be so boring don’t you think?
@rims-things this is beautiful 😍😍
DAYS fandom should read this
I know it’s been almost a week since I posted. Have this MS Paint Ditzy to make up my absence.
I am going to preempt this with I have not seen any seasons with the 13th doctor so I cannot speak to those seasons just yet. What I can speak to is all the seasons of New Who predating those. I started watching Doctor Who back in 2010ish, and we have had an on again, off again relationship for the better part of 11 years. As I have been re-watching and catching up on the four seasons that missed, I have come to the conclusion that each Doctor has a theme for their seasons, but I cannot find a theme for 12.
Bare with me here.
For 9's limited run I gathered that his theme was acceptance. We know now that he was just coming fresh off the time war. Episode after episode, we were learning that some things, even when we didn't want to, needed to be accepted. When the doctor takes Rose to the end of the world he tells her "You think it will last forever. People and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone." Even when Rose tries to save her father from dying, he has to help her realize that some things can't be re-written. On the flip side, he also doesn't accept things when he knows that he is able to do something. Like when the gas masked child seemed lost forever he did not accept it and, "Just this once, everybody lives!" The doctor also came to save Rose from the daleks.
For the 10th doctor I believe that the theme is forgiveness. In most every episode of this doctor, forgiveness comes up in one way or another. In his first episode, Rose has to forgive the doctor for "leaving" her, Sarah Jane forgives the doctor for leaving her all those years ago, and Martha forgives him for his disregard for her after Rose. But more importantly in my opinion, the 10th doctor is taught over and over that he has to forgive himself. He has to forgive himself for leaving Rose behind. He has to forgive himself for letting River die (Even though he "saves" her). He has to forgive himself for the situation with Donna. He has to forgive himself for the people that he could not "save".
Responsibility is the theme that I found from the 11th doctor. You could say that the 11th doctor is incredibly fun, but underneath all that bounding energy and whimsical aloofness, 11 gains a surprising wisdom. Through his relationship with Amy, he learns that "quite possibly, the single most important thing in the history of the universe is that I get you sorted out right now" and by extension he becomes responsible for Rory since Amy's happiness is so closely tied to the Roman, and finally he has a responsibility to River.
He cannot simply go whizing about the universe with no regard for the disasters he leaves in his wake. When the doctor goes to trenzalor. In the wise words of his wife, "Doctor, the word for healer and wise-man throughout the universe. We get that word from you, you know. But if you carry on the way you are, what might that word come to mean?" The title of "Doctor" is a heavy burden that 11 learns that he needs to bear with care.
The other side of the coin of responsibility is that the doctor is not responsible for the choices that others make. This begins when Amy chooses to be touched by the angels to be with Rory. The doctor feels responsible for the loss of his friends, and so he hides himself away from the world until Clara comes along to remind him that Amy and Rory were not the only people he was responsible for. Through her he finds new purpose.
Much like the GIF of 12, I am confused as to what the theme of his seasons are supposed to be. I should not that I am willing to have my mind changed, but I have yet to come to a sound conclusion. Maybe one could argue that the theme is caring. To not become so far removed and forget how to care about people. Maybe a theme could be grace. To have a heart for the people you love even when they wrong you, or even for your greatest enemy.
Artist: John cambra
thinking about ranboo’s doomsday panic room stream, specifically the bit where he cried about betraying tubbo. “i’ll never forget the way he looked at me” ya and i’ll never forget that line wtf. that was prime angst. and now they’re fuckin married, this is the kind of lore i like to see
i feel like as much as we harp on phil and techno for not learning the history of lmanburg and acting on their grudges against it, quackity was the og in that boat
looking back at the elections, hell even as recent as nov 16th, quackity didnt actually know anything of how lmanburg began. i mean he brought in george, one of the men who fought against and slaughtered the og lmanburgians, to run for a position of power in the same country he was destroying a month ago. all quackity knew is that when he first joined the server, he was excluded from being a part of lmanburg, and took that personally. he was understandably hurt by the fact that he wasn't allowed to stay in his friends' country which they cherished more than anything, and so he carried that grudge everywhere he went.
and isn't that what we criticize phil and techno for? for being so hurt by lmanburgian actions that they label the whole thing as corrupt, unaware that it wasn't a personal or targeted attack, but one born of fear of betrayal and trauma?
#воспоминания #9летназад #remember #огонь #fire #firefire #пламя #flame #blaze #2012 #конецсвета #endoftheworld #doomsday #dayofdoom #dayofjudgment #майя #mayan #nikon #nikonrussia #nikonphotography #nikond200 #d200 #фототерапия #фотография #фото #фотограф #фотолюбитель #январь #15января #зима (at Maykop) https://www.instagram.com/p/CRl1YmQrcLE/?utm_medium=tumblr
Blue Steel: Demo and concept art of unreleased Superman game from Factor 5 Studios, 2007/2008.