If Midnight Sun gets turned into a movie I hope they do it animated adult swim style so they can really embrace the absurdity of the story.
If Midnight Sun gets turned into a movie I hope they do it animated adult swim style so they can really embrace the absurdity of the story.
We all know with our heart and souls that Rosalie would fuck with Megan Thee Stallion so hard. Like just her driving around with Emmett in the passenger seat jamming out and Edward in the backseat like, “Explain to me a WAP”.
venn diagram of the men that lesbians like, as told by a lesbian
kellan and emmett are really just the same person huh
*the cullens, minding their own business watching tv or something*
emmett: man, i miss being able to fart...
As within the fandom nobody likes Renee (no wonder why) I'd like to make an attempt at explaining to y'all what's like to have a parent like her (because I've got the same problem) and why this is going to cause problem over the years between Bella and Renesmee. This post will include such things as explaining:
why being in a relationship like this is so tiresome
what kind of effect has it on Bella
why Bella is just the same towards Renesmee as her mother was to her
why Bella and Renessme dynamics as mother/daughter aren't as fantastic
why is it so probable that Renesmee will eventually join the Volturi and what may be her reasons to do so.
1. Someone, who's never been in the kind of relationship that Bella and Renee have, is not going to catch up quickly with the point that I'm making in this post. Why? Because it's hard to imagine yourself being in an abusive or neglectful relationship with a person, who is a close relative of yours. You never want to acknowledge that something is wrong and instead, you're trying to find excuses for the person's abusive behavior. Fandom agrees on the fact, that Renee is, at best, neglectful of Bella, while at worst, she's downright abusive. I agree with both statements and in a moment you'll know why. You also need to know that everything I'll write here is from my experience from being in such a relationship hence it doesn't mean everyone will have the same experiences as myself. Now, why is such a relationship so tiresome and you struggle to find your true self in it? In my case, very similarly to Bella, I became responsible for things I shouldn't be responsible for at a very young age. I didn't have the time to actually be a kid because I needed to handle "adult responsibilities". When you have adults' responsibilities you lose something beyond reclaim. You'll never go back to your childhood and be a child once again. I was forced, not only to handle myself, but also my brother and mother, and our household. I didn't have time to do most things that kids do cause I was taking care of my brother, or my mother, or doing chores, or anything that was supposed to be done by adults, except it wasn't. While all of this made me extremely responsible, it also made me anxious, bitter towards my parents and I suffered from depression for a long time. I read somewhere that Bella is exaggerating and it's normal to help your parents within the house, to have responsibilities. The problem here is that Renee is Bella's responsibility in the same way my mother and brother were mine. You cannot give this up because you're too responsible but it also eats you from the insides. Also, if I remember correctly, Bella says somewhere in the book that she doesn't mind this because that's how things are for a long time. That's exactly what I'm talking about! When such responsibilities are forced on you at a very young age, you accept it and think it is natural. It isn't. Adult are adults, and kids should be kids, not kids forced into adulthood.
2. + 3. When you don't have time to be a child and you're forced into the adult world, there's always going to be some consequences that you cannot foresee prior. To Bella it ended actually sadly - we can see in the book, as well as in the movie, that Renesmee is almost as an accessory to Bella. Sure, Bella dies for her, but what else? Renesmee is described as mature and serious, she doesn't want to do things that kids usually do. Why? Smeyer made her this way, yeah, but apart from that, it's because Bella cannot handle a kid. The idea of full family appeared to her because she never had it herself. And while she admits that she doesn't even want children in Eclipse, suddenly in Breaking Dawn we see her change her mind completely. All she ever wanted was a) Edward and b) to be a vampire. So when she has these two goals achieved, why would she even bother with Renesmee? So Resume is mature enough and growing up quickly to relieve Bella from the burden of maternity.
4. Also, I'm not saying that Bella doesn't love Renesmee. Of course she does. Renesmee, also, loves her dearly. It's the same dynamics as between my and my mother, and between Bella and Renee. Bella loves Renne but needs to take care of her and be the responsible adult™. It also tires her, as she needs to think about how to handle the business in the most effective (and cheapest) way.
I think we can establish by now that love has nothing to do with this. So, because of her childhood and the poor illustrations of how relationships should work, Bella is exactly the same towards Renesmee as Renee (and partially Charlie) was to her. She thinks Renesmee is able to handle herself fine - she's constantly throwing at us proves that Renesmee is mature enough to do almost everything adults do. It's bullshit, of course, but Bella isn't aware of that. It's how she was brought up (or it's rather the lack of bringing her up by responsible adult) and she thinks it's the best way to fulfill parental duties.
As I said earlier, Bella is all smiles because she's got what she wanted - Edward and immortality. Yeah, it's great she has a daughter too, but like... hello, it's Edward and her and they have forever so why to bother with a child. It'll somehow work itself out. I will not ponder here on Edward being a father and how I see his relationship with Renesmee, however, I don't think it's pretty healthy either. Also, I need to add here, that Renesmee at least, has others (I mean other Cullens) who have probably more patience and time to actually raise a child. I think, and it's only a headcanon so take it easy, that Renesmee has excellent relationship with Rosalie. Rose will not treat her as adult - she'll prolong Renesmee's childhood as much as she's able to. She has time, patience, will and all love for her, so I think they're pretty close, and it would be a good, as well as a healthy relationship.
5. The older Renesmee will get, the more she'll be able to understand. Maybe the Cullens (and I hope it would turn out this way) would spare her this "being a premature adult" thing but her relationship with Bella will never be as close as she'd probably wish to. Sometimes, love isn't enough to keep up with the relationship and the shit that's going on around you constantly. One day, Renesmee will go to high school, then to university and then? Who the hell knows. She won't necessarily be with Bella. Sure, she'll be always her daughter, but she's not her property. At some point, Renesmee'll be mature enough to decide whether she wants to stay with her family, or travel, or join another coven. What I think, is that Bella won't be happy about it at all. Right now she has her fairy tale. She sacrificed nothing. She's living the life of her dreams with a man of her utmost desire. She has a child, even though vampires aren't suppose to have ones. What will happen if there will be a crack in her tale? Long, nasty cracks, throughout the wall. This is when I get to the point that Bella has no fucking clue what mess she got herself into (but that's for another post).
6. Holy Grail now. Lord, I'm always making this so long, this was supposed to be brief. Okay. So why do I think Renesmee will end up with the Volturi? A few reasons off the top of my head:
※ at some point Jacob will die and Charlie will die, and she'll now what's grief and how hard it is to go on. Yeah, yeah, I know that Jacob is also immortal right now, but he'll probably be killed while protecting Renesmee or Bella. I always think of their relationship as brother/sister because I cannot stand the imprinting shit Smeyer gave us. Also, I think I don't need to explain Charlie here. Renesmee will be devastated by both of these deaths and she'll have to come to terms with herself eventually. I guarantee you that she'll not be the same after that.
※ relationship with her parents. I briefly explained what I had on my mind when it comes to Bella. Renesmee loves her mother but that doesn't mean they'll have healthy and exemplary relationship. Sure, they can work on that, they have eternity but I think that at one point Renesmee will be fed up with the way how her mother is in love with eternity itself. Her relationship with Edward, as I said, is for another post, however I think with time it can get pretty hard. Could you live with the thought that your own father didn't want you? That he regretted that you exist at all? I don't think so. (Yeah, I'm simplifying, but I need to, so don't hate me for this).
※ Cullen coven can break or partially break. @therealvinelle talked about it here a little bit but that's also what I have in mind. Cullens are fairly young coven, with pretty unknown dynamics as we don't get to know them that much through saga (thanks Smeyer for not dwelling on it further). It isn't said anywhere that they'll last next century, not to think about more time passing.
※ she'll be fed up with constantly living with the humans. Imagine you need to constantly move, go to school/college and abide the rules that you didn't agree on in the first place. At first its great, Renesmee has time and reasources to flourish but she can also do that without anoyone else.
※ she has rampant hunger for knowledge. Where to find more books and more knowledge than in Volterra? Simple as it is.
※ she may not find vegetarian diet... sustainable for her. Remember how she was delighted when she drank first Bella's blood and than human blood in general? I think she can go on for some time on vegetarian diet plus/or human diet (if she was to attend i.e. med school which of course I think she would) but after some time, maybe a century, maybe less and maybe more, she'll eventually come to terms that she enjoyed drinking human blood. That's it. She's half vampire by descent. I don't think she'll be able to resist that much , also because everyone taught her from day one she could have what she asked for in a blink of an eye (remember Esme's spoons?).
AND most important (at least for me)
※ her worldview will completely change after a few/a lot of tragical experiences. Sorry, that's just common knowledge. Life is brutal, people are vicious and ruthless. She'll probably work or go somewhere, where she can see what humans are capable of (both in good and bad ways) and what one can do to achieve their goal. I think she'll go to Volturi to simply find comfort there. They've been alive for three thousand years. They can teach her things Cullen's aren't even aware of. Besides, I think it would be a great political move. We all know Aro wanted to know her so bad. If he would, she'll probably be able to influence him to some extent and spare her loved ones if it'd go that far. That's it! Of course, it's fucking long as hell. Sorry for that. Comment if you wish. I cannot wait if you think the same, similar or if you disagree completely! But no hate, please. Professionals have standards™.
🕊 [ IMAGINE ] / THE CULLENS ASKING YOU FOR HELP.
You didn’t know why you were being called from your hunt so soon. It wasn’t that you didn’t want to come back, however, you were curious as to what was occurring. Everything seemed so off putting.
“You contacted me for a reason, Carlisle,” you huffed, folding your arms over your mounds. “Let me guess, nomads? If this is about Bella, then—“
“It isn’t just about Bella, [Y/N],” the platinum haired male interjected softly. Your eyes followed his toward the newly made couple carefully. It clicked in your mind that they wanted to tear your family apart. It wasn’t just Bella that you had to worry about.
You realize that you needn’t hold a grudge against her for nearly causing the deaths of your coven forever. Arms now slacked at your sides, pacing, eyes bulging with shock, you twirled on your heel gracefully to face the awaiting immortals.
Alice sensed the hesitation within you. She couldn’t stand watching you crumble any longer. The Volturi's capabilities in making you tremble with worry because of what they’d done to you before concerned her. “[Y/N] please—,” she squeezes you in embrace.
“Your gift paired with the wolves will help us.” Emmett, your mate, decided that it would be best if he’d gotten his word in to further make your decision final. [H/C] locks pushed behind your ear by his cold fingers.
“Okay,” you replied at last. Everyone else seemed pleased, you felt the male beside you squeeze upon your shoulders in pending comfort. “I’m going to do this with you – you’re family after all, but if something goes south and I lose control; we all need to retreat.”
Request to have yours written! ♡︎
hi, im a new twilight blog. these are the characters I write for. I don't do any smut work currently.
Emmett saw all the girls with Eos chapstick, assumed they were eggs, showed up the next day with enough eggs to prove he’s just like any other high schooler
sometimes, Emmett likes to dress up like a bear, and play with other bears.
he has four other bear costumes
Okay, so let’s just judge me because I have been writing a Twilight Emmett & Rosalie fanfiction based on a tiktok I saw.
Um, click the link and read this please, you wont regret it.
Pairings: the Cullens x faerie female reader (sibling/parental relationship)
Warnings: mention of anxiety (tiny), a swear word or two, fluff :) its a bit long for a headcanon, but oh well.
Summary: To where the Cullens take in a nature fae. Feedback is always appreciated >3
Alice and Rosalie sensing you in the forest while hunting together.
Smelling your blood from miles away, they followed the scent to where you lay, legs tucked underneath you in a clearing, flowers blooming out your bare hands.
They stood silently behind a tree, watching in fascination as everything blossomed to life around you, enticing the two vampires.
Both being confused about how your blood isn’t tempting and why they have no desire to drink it. The thought making both of them curious about what you are.
Alice is the one to slowly walk over to you first, careful not to frighten you.
You knew that they’ve been there, watching from behind the tree for a while now, having the trees whisper about their presence to you.
“Hello there, vampires,” you spoke softly, smiling as you turned to face Alice. You tilted your head to the side as you watched the vampire kneel in front of you, her pixie-like appearance catching you off guard.
The blonde appearing behind the other, watching you with the same look of curiosity and fascination.
The two vampires introduced themselves as Alice and Rosalie, to which you replied, “Y/n, my name is y/n.”
You talked in the little clearing for hours with the two vampires. Finding out that they’re ‘vegetarian’ and live amongst humans shocked you, you never knew vampires could be so kind to humans. Telling them how you a nature faerie, how you can talk to the flora and fauna around you and bring it to life.
Alice getting excited, bouncing on her knees with wide eyes. “Fairy? You’re a fairy?”
“No, I am a fae, fairies do not exist,” you replied with a giggle.
Reluctantly agreeing to meet the rest of their family, you stood letting your magic wash over you, transitioning you into your fae form.
Rosalie gaping at your wings. The large butterfly-like wings, taking up all the space behind you. The thin delicate frame shone softly as the green vine-like webbing wrapped around the wings in all different green and dusty pink hues. Your height shrinking to your regular fae height rather than the human form you took when you wandered the forest.
Flying beside the two girls as they ran (at their natural vampire speed), you reached the large white house.
The rest of their family stood side by side on the porch as if they were waiting for your arrival.
“Hello there,” said a tall pale blonde man who you assumed to be the leader of the small coven of vampires, all their eyes seemed to dart between the two of you.
You beamed up at him, “hello, I’m y/n.”
The family loving you instantly, taking you in (you agreed of course) as their own.
Questions being thrown at you as soon as you meet them all, most coming from Alice and Emmett. “How do you do that?” “Why are your ears pointy?” “Can you talk to animals? Do they curse?” “How come your blood isn’t desirable?” “What do you eat?” “Can I touch your wings?” “How fast can you fly?”
Carlisle stepping in and placing a hand on their shoulders to calm the two brunettes down as the rest of the family chuckled.
All being curious as to why non of them have the urge to drink from you like they do with everyone else. You assumed it had something to do with fae blood being magical, which took away the temptation from vampires.
Jasper was relieved to be able to let himself be, given how he didn’t have to try and control himself around you. The two of you form a close bond.
You taught Esme how to make all your native foods, explaining how each country has a different type of fae with different abilities. Like how the fae of Antarctica are frost fae.
Edward showing you how to play the piano and in return, you showing him all the music your kind make and all the instruments of your people.
Alice using you as her personal dress-up doll, not that you minded, you had always wanted a sister like herself and Rosalie and now you finally have them. You showed Alice all the styles of clothing fae usually wore and she loved it.
You and Jasper would take for hours on end, exchanging history stories, teaching him the history of the fae and all the wars your people have experienced. To which he told you all about the Civil War.
You and Rosalie bonding over cars, you had never really seen what humans use as transportation up close, so Rosalie showed you everything there is to know about them. Sometimes sitting in the seat of the car she worked on, each of you enjoying each others company.
Emmett absolutely adoring you. Like this boy straight up loves you, always having pillow fights or when you go hunting with them, you toying with the bears, enchanting them to talk and literally scaring him to death (pun intended;))
Carlisle being fascinated by you, never knowing your kind ever existed. Him being absolutely floored by your healing procedures and medical treatment. Him being so curious about your wings to which you two would divulge in hours-long talks about the anatomy structure differences between humans and faeries.
All of them being extremely worried about your wings, seeing as they look like they’re made of shiny glass. All of them being scared to breathe (hehe) in the wrong direction in case they broke you.
But after you and Emmett got into a pillow fight and you accidentally shot him through the wall of the living room, they were kind of shocked. You reassured them that they can be as strong as they want around you because fae rarely get hurt and even if they do they heal extremely fast.
Them all gifting you a large botanical greenhouse for Christmas. You nearly passed out from pure joy.
You spent all your free time there. Planting enchanted plants, ones you could never plant where humans or anyone else could find it. Seeing as each one had different effects, unknown to humans.
All of them being shocked when they walked in for the first time after giving it to you, the once empty dome now looked like it could’ve been out of some magical film or book.
The entire place is lit up by shimmering flowers that hover midair. Violet, jade and teal hues sparkling like moonlight from each corner of the enclosed garden, literally bringing the entire garden to life.
You eventually going to school with them (in your human form) to which you get incredibly uncomfortable with the number of stares you get, hearing all the things humans whisper about you.
Jasper using his empath ability to calm your nerves, sending you encouraging smiles every time he feels your anxiety spike.
The whole family glaring at anyone who even looks at you the wrong way, and given that each and every one of them has looks that could kill, the stares stop almost immediately.
All your classes being with at least one of them.
You love school, finding the human would enthralling.
After about a year of being with the Cullens, you casually drop the fact that you are also immortal.
Everything going absolutely quiet. No one knowing what to say because they all assumed you had the lifespan of a human. Rosalie is the first to react, pulling you into a tight embrace to which everyone joins in, hugging you as if you could disappear if they let go.
The entire family is so fucking relieved. The thought of watching their little sister/ daughter grow old and pass was one of the saddest thoughts any of them had, so they avoided it as much as possible but now knowing that they now get to spend eternity with you, they couldn’t be happier.
The thought of taking away your fae nature to turn you vampire disgusted all of them, you were the light of their family and the comfort of hearing your tiny heartbeat made their day, knowing you were safe and alive.
And now after spending nearly three centuries by their side, you couldn’t be more content, knowing you finally have a family that loves you and whom you love in return just as fiercely.
I’m never going to see enough of what the Cullen Kids do all night. One night Alice and Jasper make a life-sized chessboard out of giant boulders. Alice and Emmett spend a week seeing if they can make a noise loud/high enough to shatter glass. Jasper holds world records for speedruns for pretty much any video game you could imagine. Rosalie has crafted the most horrifying shambling statues in various forests that scare the living daylights out of tourists. Edward’s guitar hero skills are otherworldly. They break into the grocery store and turn every product up side down. Alice and Rose change all storefront displays to be “better”. Emmett and Jasper dig a hole as deep as they can “just to see what’s down there”. Edward mopes a lot. Like a lot a lot. They build a house of cards using a dozen and a half full decks of cards. They play 6th dimensional chess. Tag is banned by Esme out of concern for the local wildlife. Give me more give me more give me more
❛ look who survived the dog park. need something for those flea bites ? ❜
MICHAEL B. JORDAN as EMMETT CULLEN. / based.
I’m posting this here bc I KNOW twilight-renaissance tumblr will appreciate me 🤚🏻