“i’m broken, dad - some days i wake up and feel like there’s something in me that’s missing… you left us all, and now you’re not coming home. what about me? where do i get to go?”
“i haven’t seen you for six months, mum… it isn’t so great actually at the moment. everything’s gone a bit wrong. i don’t… i don’t really know what i’m doing.”
#giri haji#giri/haji#taki mori#rodney yamaguchi #will i write an essay abt how this show paralleled these two later........ probably #there's just something very striking about how they see one another + observe what the other has- #-only for neither of them to feel as though they actually have those things at all
#giri haji#giri/haji#rodney yamaguchi #rodney in this ep rly broke my fuckin heart like. #you know when you get the chills right before you're gonna cry? that's what this scene did to me lmfao #anyways we love a good mom guilt #love to curl up with mom despite mom guilt bc its the only place you feel you can go #+ yes this bit with seeing his mom having downed a whole bottle of wine by herself is parallel to him- #-getting fucked up most nights alone in his apt and echoes the theme of everything being cyclical #+ i think him seeing her like this is also a sort of reconciliation -- he gets hurt by her but also hurts others in the same way #and there's that hypocrisy of him turning other people away once he loves them & then lying next to the person he learned it from #anyways. anyways! we love cyclical generational traumas here at 2am
Title: oh, you wanna find love (you know where the city is)
Fandoms: Giri/Haji (TV)
Pairings: Taki Mori/Annie (Giri/Haji)
Characters: Taki Mori, Annie (Giri/Haji)
Tags: Lesbian Sex, First Time, Canon Lesbian Relationship, Fluff and Smut, Femslash, Porn What Plot/Porn Without Plot
Description: “Have you ever done that before?” she asks, taking a long drag. “What?” Taki replies. Annie exhales. “Slept with a girl.” She shakes her head, embarrassed. “No.” A pause, and a smile. “I couldn’t tell.”
As I started making this list just realised I did watch more than 50 different TV shows this year. Thanks Covid and the never ending lockdown in Manchester. That’s why a lot of them didn’t make it in the top 30. I’m not meaning they aren’t great. For example I really enjoyed watching the second season of The Politican or The Norsemen but they aren’t affected me a lot. Had fun with them and the next day I was all about something else. They didn’t stay in my mind or in my heart, or just a jokes … they wasn’t like … legendary. So let’s go:
01. I May Destroy You - Season 1. - Without any doubt, Michaela Coel is my new queen. Honest, funny and not affraid to stab you with a knife in your heart in any minute.
02. Adult Material - Miniseries
03. We Are Who We Are - Miniseries - Luca Guadagnino can tell you a story the way nobody elses can and that makes him very special.
04. Normal People - Miniseries - I am not absoulutely agree with every decision they made but the difficulty of the first love is clear. However the message is clear, that who you love once, no matter what happens later, you will always love, even if you don’t speak with them for years or they move to another continent.
05. Giri/Haji - Miniseries - If you only watch one crime show this year, it should be this.
06. Industry - Season 1. - After the first episode I was thinking I didn’t watch anything this boring in 2020 but somehow I just did stick to it and few hours later I did understand all what they saying and why are they so fucking weird but loveable in the same time. Love when the story is complex and the charathers are so great. Also the casting. OMG.
07. Succession - Season 2. - Not a single person I like in this family. Not one.
08. Rita - Season 2,3,4,5 - I don’t know why but in 2015 I abandonded Rita after the first season but while I was sick off from work almost 2 months this year I started watching it again and everything that happened just comforted me and they made me believe in humanity again. No matter how fucked up you are, you still have so much to give back to the community.
09. Euphoria - Season 1. - Always thought my childhood were different I had so much shit going on but they showed me my life is actually beautiful, compare to those two.
10. Sex Education - Season 2 - I loved the first season so much but second one was even better.
11. Hollywood - Miniseries - Sometimes Ryan Murphy is a perfectionist, sometimes he is just going too far and makes mess. This time he was the first.
12. Killing Eve - Season 3.
13. Little Fires Everywhere - Miniseries - After every episode I felt the characters dig even deeper and I loved that.
Donna, is there a meeting tonight? There’s gonna be an attack on the restaurant. I don’t know what’s happening, but you need to stay away. Are you there? If you’re there you need to get out! I’m coming to get you.