Name: Argon Edelstein
Age: 12 human, 50 nation
Weight: 70 lbs.
Appearance: Argon is a lanky child with some baby fat filling out his cheeks. His long dark slate-colored hair is in a single braid rather than a double braid. His ahoge sticks more out in front of him like a horn rather than up as his 1p’s does. His eyes are a beautiful amber with green speckles that reminds one of the fir forests at sunset. Argon’s pale skin makes the mole under his right eye more noticeable. He does look just as androgenous as his 1p, but once his voice is heard, you can tell he is a boy.
His clothing style is more practical. A simple t-shirt with jeans and boots. Though somedays he changes it up by wearing a graphic tee or switching for cargo shorts instead. These allow him to get dirty without having to worry about getting chewed out for dirtying his ‘nice’ clothes. His nice clothes tend to be things picked out for him by Austria or by his 1p. These range from suits to just nice slacks.
To relax, Argon wears his pajamas. They are the basic ones you can buy at Walmart, patterned pants, and a basic graphic tee. His favorite ones are the ones that have polka dots. He wears these around the home on days where he can’t go out. In addition, Argon wears a couple of simple silver bracelets on each arm. They were a gift from Austria and he often is seen playing with them.
Personality: Argon focuses on the here and now. He has no time to play with the ideas of philosophy or to allow his daydreams to carry him off. Those topics are annoying to him, instead, he talks about the now. There is no planning for him, just impulse and the present.
Unlike the quiet nature of his 1p, Argon prefers to be loud and proud. Often he annoys the other micronations by stating voicing his opinions on an idea. It doesn’t help that they usually have some kind of typical middle schooler sound effect with them.
Argon cannot sit still. He is often seen moving and fidgeting usually in the form of him playing with his bracelets. At times he gets scolded because of the sounds they make, but he doesn’t tend to care. Though when his emotions take hold, Argon moves with them. In excitement, he bounces around like a happy puppy and with sadness slinks around like a pouting kitten.
Dead: No… Just no
Weapon: Knightly Sword
Family: Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Prussia
ETC: Balls, wheels of cheese, snow globes, have one thing in common, being round. Which is a trait that Argon really loves. His home is round, so it makes sense as to why round would be the best trait.
Prussia has taken Argon under his wing. Often showing the younger nation the traditions and the training used by knights long ago. They spend many days together with Wil refining Argon’s form and sparring. Though there are many times where Argon is scolded for his impulsiveness.
He doesn’t have a single artistic bone in his body. Anything involving art goes south. Drawings often catch fire while paintings often melt or crack. It’s so bad that not even instructions can save this boy from his lack of skill.
Thank you to everyone that sent asks this week. It really made my week. I loved seeing them and I have more I am working on. I plan to leave the ask box open for a long while. So if inspiration strikes for an ask, don’t be afraid to send it my way.
America tends to view people in black-or-white terms. It isn’t the intent or the motivations that truly matter, but their actions. And if their actions are something America doesn’t approve of, they make those people ‘bad’ in his eyes.
In spite of this, America is willing to accept that people may change and improve with time and if they change their behaviour, he’s ready to change his consideration of them as well. They do need to behave differently, however. Simply expressing regret isn’t enough for America – until he sees concrete evidence, he won’t change his stance. He only gives more leeway to people he knows well and he’s fond of.
By contrast, Canada tends to excuse a lot from people because he knows there may be reasons behind their behaviour. He makes a distinction between the action and the person – while the action may be something he considers ‘bad’, the person can be just misguided or acting that way because in distress. There are a lot of nuances to consider and Canada doesn’t want to judge anybody.
That said, Canada tends to have a slightly more judgemental view than America on behaviours he views as irresponsible or improper that, instead, don’t bother America. Unlike America, Canada also tends to be a bit harsher with people he knows very well (such as America himself): when he knows their true potential, he also knows that they can do much better. (Mind, he still tends to excuse a lot – but less than he does with strangers.)
Although the primary Celtic Nations (Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) are amongst the oldest of Nations in terms of being settled on for the first time, they carry the appearance of teenagers (in the case of Scotland and Wales) or tweens (Northern Ireland) because of their devolution in government. Within the Nations, devolution is considered to be on par with complete rebirth as, in many cases, a country is reclaiming its culture from the ground up because of cultural suppression. Because the Celtic Nations’ devolutions have not been considered active enough to signify growth of political and economic autonomy until recently (2012 for Wales, somewhere around 2001 for Scotland and 2019/2020 Northern Ireland as Stormont had not reopened post-power-sharing agreement until last year) that is why they are so young.
PS There is a large amount of evidence in canon for this to be considered truthful material in Hetalia’s nationverse. Many Nations have birthdays that correlate with their days of independence. For example, Norway’s birthday is 17 May (the day he officially broke away from the Kalmar union) and America’s birthday is 4 July. Obviously, because these days are seen as days of independence rather than days of founding or creation, a nation has to exist before that day in order to have something to become independent from. Therefore, a Nation must also be alive to witness that event. You have your first birthday in the first year of your existence, rather than your first year of independence from your parent.
Pennsylvania likes to hunt a lot. Like skipping work to hunt.
I’m currently trying to get over a cold and thus my motivation is low. But in the meantime I made a list of GerFruk hcs awhile ago and have been adding to it so I decided to share it!
- Similar to my GerEng one, when they decide to “move in together” they end up going over to each other’s places each weekend/holiday, alternating each time
- Francis and Ludwig cook for Arthur and let him nowhere near the kitchen (unless its for baking)
- Speaking of baking, Francis didn’t believe Lud or Arthur when they said Arthur could bake until he actually watched the two (with Arthur doing most of the work) and it actually turned out really good
- Going back to Arthur’s terrible cooking skills, Francis and Ludwig cook for him, constantly, even making meals that he can pre-heat during the week (Francis is particularly concerned with Arthur’s eating habits and poor cooking and is not about to let him starve)
- Francis is usually the one to cook since he enjoys it and is the best at it
- I see Francis and Arthur getting together first a little after the world wars since they finally admitted that maybe they didn’t hate each other-> Later on they find themselves with an attraction to Ludwig-> At first Arthur doesn’t want to reveal it, not wanting to hurt Francis, but Francis who can read him like a book saw his infatuation and confessed he had similar feelings, but they decided not to act right away out of fear of making
- Ludwig uncomfortable-> Around the 70s, after a night of drinking between them Arthur ends up spilling the beans and the next day they sort things out and start their relationship
- Out of the three of them, Arthur steals their clothes the most. Francis will on occasion, but Arthur is worse for it since he has the smallest build and thus the clothes are more baggy which he likes. They don’t complain though and find it cute
- When first getting into a relation with Arthur, both Ludwig and Francis are surprised with how forward and romantic Arthur can be when he wants to
- Super cuddly with each other when in private though Arthur tries to claim he hates it
- Francis tries to bring this affection into more public spaces, but Arthur and Ludwig are a little self-conscious, especially Ludwig, so they don’t get much farther than hand holding
- Going to the theatre has to be their favorite date since it doesn’t involve a lot of conversation for Ludwig, has that fancy, romantic element for France and Arthur just loves live theatre
- Francis never tickled himself a dog owner, but upon meeting Ludwig’s dogs he fell in love alongside Arthur
- Sometimes Ludwig feels a little awkward when Francis and Arthur will play their instruments and sing, but in recent times he’s become more content and comfortable just listening and appreciating
- Arthur and Francis fight over who loves Ludwig more (while also arguing which one of them loves the other more)
- Ludwig basically is the peacekeeper between Francis and Arthur and ensures their arguments don’t go overboard or disrupt anything
- Ludwig is basically Francis and Arthur’s tech guy since they are old men and don’t know how to work pesky phones. Actually, Francis is decent with technology, but pretends to know less just to get help from Ludwig.
- Francis makes them dress up in matching costumes for Halloween
- Arthur and Ludwig have terrible sleep schedules and stay up late with work much to Francis’s dismay. Funny enough Ludwig and Arthur will plead with each other to stop despite doing the exact same thing a few nights later.
As always, feel free to share your own headcanons or ask me about mine because I love sharing and hearing headcanons!
random thought, but what two characters are yandere over each other, but plot twist one's a platonic yandere and one's a romantic yandere. like how would that even go down, "mArRY mE","cAll mE bIG broTHER/sistER". would the platonic yandere eventually give in? or would they just get stuck in a never ending back and forth?. idk i find this concept hilarious for some reason.