omg i cried @ superstar in hospital playlist, this is show is what i need right now
omg i cried @ superstar in hospital playlist, this is show is what i need right now
Still can't believe that Lee Woo Jung writer-nim *actually* named a baby after a credible ship: Song Jeong Won. And then had Jeong-won see it as the curtains fell. That's the definition big dick energy right there 👏🏽
To be honest I just really enjoy this format of the 99ers focusing mostly on their work and their patients while their personal lives unfold in an undramatic but still meaningful way.
ikjun and seongwha are the embodiment of [ i love you i want us both to eat well ] and it's !!!!!!!!!!!!
There are 24 hours in a day but he uses them like 48 hours
For someone who has trouble and is struggling with time management (as in procrastination), I was strucked by just listening to him. I wanna have '48 hours' too!! 😭😭
Choi Soo Young hated Photographic filter.Jung Kyoung-ho is a favorite of "Tou of the Sweat"
the hairstyle ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Screencaps of Nayeon and Dahyun in the TWICE x Hospital Playlist Season 2 OST “I love you more than anyone" MV
I’m also noticing that Jeongwons hair was darker in the very beginning
Crazy how cold Jeongwon was towards Gyeoul and how in love they are now 😭
HOSPITAL PLAYLIST 2 (2.05)
- Louis de Bernières (Captain Corelli’s Mandolin)
Hospital Playlist 2- poignancy and chaos in equal measure
Hospital playlist 💛
No one blames Seokyung for his divorce, or points out that he was not a good husband. That he allowed his mother to harass his wife for dowry, and that he very much played a part in how she developed depression that led to the breakdown of their marriage. You know what? That's fair. He's human and made some mistakes. He's allowed to. He couldn't have always taken care of his wife when he was terribly burdened with his own problems.
But Ik-Sun breaking up with Jun-wan when she thought that she might possibly require transplant for a life threatening condition? She's selfish. I've lost count of how many times I've seen this terrible take. Not to mention that Ik-Sun was born with biliary atresia and has undergone surgeries for the same previously. She knows her situation was serious and made a mistake with Jun-wan when she was LITERALLY SCARED FOR HER LIFE AND ALL ALONE.
Ik-jun had just the day before told her that Jun-wan's girlfriend was selfish for burdening Jun-wan with her problems and not paying enough attention to his problems etc etc.
So Ik-Sun is 'selfish' for breaking up with Jun-wan so as to not burden him with her problems when she was scared for her health?
Episode 6 - A look back on how the interns remind the group of friends of their previous mistakes. Jeongwon being a great and warm pediatrician comforts the family of a unborn child with esophageal atresia. Junwan gives a professional advice to a intern that its okay to be emotional to a patient but reminds him to do his job right.
A patient (Du-na) has been in a motorycle accident. Songhwa is always busy and she never turns down a patient in need and Ikjun just shakes his head left to right in disappointment after giving her advice to say “no...im fully booked”. After the surgery she informed the parents that the surgery went well. She suffered a skull fracture while she hit her head on the ground. There were a few bleedings with meninges and Professor Songhwa was able to operate her quickly. They also got rid of the blood inside her skull. The bleeding was difficult to be stopped so it took a while although the surgery went well. Bleeding results in complications. The brain is swollen and they couldnt close up the skull and will stitch up the skin back when its better. Songhwa informs them in a mellow manner that she cant guarantee that Duna will be able to live. Songhwa also added that Duna’s brain isnt dead and tells them not to lose hope.
JEONGWON: Seokhyeong asks help from Jeongwon about the unborn baby
Yang Seok-hyeong has to deliver bad news about an unborn newborn baby suspecting to have abnormalities due to esophageal atresia. Seokhyeong explains that the esophageal stricture can be detected with a ultrasound before birth but not all the time. He says that it is likely that the baby may have it not until they do a X-ray. Seokhyeong decides to ask for direct advice to Jeongwon. The mother is at 30 weeks and her preeclampsia is severe and the preterm birth is a possibility. Jeongwon speaks to the parents and inform them that theyll do a surgery a day or 2 after. The father ask regarding a procedure he researched but Jeongwon mentioned that if the baby is too small they’ll have no choice but to perform a open-chest surgery. Jeongwon believes that the baby will grow up well as an adult if the surgery goes well too.
Jeongwon performed a surgery and informed the father and the grandmother that they inserted a tube through the baby’s mouth and did a xray. The EA is disconnected and they'll run test to test if there are congenital disorders. Jeongwon mentions that they’ll also do the EA surgery the next day. The baby’s weight is quite small but they cant perform thoracoscopy due to the size, so they decided to do open-chest surgery. It’ll be performed in the NICU instead of the OR. The grandmother pleads to Jeongwon to save the baby.
Jeongwon talks to the patient’s family. The baby’s EA is disconnected, between the esophagus and bronchial tubes there was a small by-passage. They’ll be able to seal and remove it during the surgery that happens that day. They’ll then open up the ends of the esophagus for it to connect. The baby is in unstable condition but Jeongwon reassures the family that they have great experience performing this surgery and will get it done smoothly.
That night, Jeongwon was about to inform her the good news but the husband beat him to it. Jeongwon informs them that the surgery was difficult but her baby stayed strong and was able to hold on. More good news, they didn’t run into any problems during the surgery. Everything went well. The baby was born prematurely and the nurses will take good care of the baby at the NCIU. Jeongwon comforts the mother that it’s not their fault that this happened with their child. The mother is also strong and was able to hold out. The grandmother felt embarrassed after Jeongwon said all the things about the daughter.
JUNWAN: Changmin the patient passes away
Jun-wan has to update Chang-min’s mother that her child might not make it and doesn't have that much time left. Tells the family to be with Changmin in his final moments. While the parents were mourning, Dr Im was having a difficulty pronouncing the time of death. Junwan then caught him being unprofessional and tells the nurse to record the time. Im apologizes but Junwan says that its okay to cry. Doctors are humans too. Although reminds him that he needs to do his job no matter how emotional you get. It’s his job to make his call.
The group of friends talks about their mistakes from the past
The friends get together, the conversation turns into a discussion about being an intern and making mistakes. Particularly started with Ikjun and Jeongwon.
Seokhyeong raises how he explains to his students that it’s okay to show some emotions.
Episode 6 brings a soft reminder that yes the doctors have to be professional at all times although it is okay to cry at moments and make mistakes too because they are humans.
i already saw some people talking about this couple and how weird the path the writers are giving them is, so i thought i would give my honest opinion since we are reaching the middle of the story.
1. they were in the beginning of their relationship when ik sun left to london, which it was challenging for both of them, but their romance ended the moment season 2 started. In my opinion, their chemistry went away with ik sun, it's clear that what made them cute and funny was being around each other and having that become a long distance relationship practically killed the couple. The video calls were dull and when they said they loved each other i never bought it, it didn't sound legit, because they never spend that much time together or at least we weren't shown that. they were in love? yes, but loving each other? not sure about this one, chief.
2. jun wan never dated seriously or at least never put much effort into his old relationships, what makes me think this is why he kinda walks on eggshells around ik sun so much, specially after she left korea. you can see he is having a hard time being away from her, but at the same time don't feel like he can share anything with her. more than once he is obviously tired and burned out, but he still only asks her about his day, which can be seen as him caring about her but also not feeling comfortable enough to share his own emotions and thoughts (maybe for not being used to do it/being uncomfortable about it).
3. the whole "her best friend in london is actually a man who is handsome and is with her almost all the time" it was there to make jun wan insecure (her having such a close male friend + her living very far away from him + never telling him it is a man) or it was because he was only presented as a man when they suffer the accident (jun wan is a doctor, he is in another continent + can't go and take care of her, but there is a male friend there who can do what a boyfriend should do). anyway the writers tried to use this, it failed. their relationship is already flawed and weak at that point, bringing a man into it with no purpose other than making jun wan feel miserable doesn't help at all the narrative because it makes we as an audience wonder why they are telling us this information and what they are going to do with it in the future (absolutely nothing, but they had us worried at first).
4. ik sun is indeed very selfish, a trait that she didn't have in the first season or at least wasn't shown to us, and makes her being way out of character this season when compared to the first. we can say she is a secondary character so of course we won't be having as much background about her as we have from her brother and the rest of the gang, but she was shown as a strong and independent person that is very successful in life and likes the way she lives. i do understand that living abroad is hard and being alone is even worse, but ik sun became an odd person, she can realize something isn't right with jun wan, but she drops the matter very easily and never try to make him open up with her again, which helps the crash of their relationship later on. she knows that jun wan would be very worried about her after the accident because he is a doctor and sees things like this all the time, but she stills acts almost childish when he worried about her and tells her what to do and to rest. and then she puts her brother into it.
5. i hate that ik jun became aware of their relationship just when it ended, for a while during the beginning of season 2 i really thought he already knew and was ok with it, but it turns out that not even jung won or song hwa knows who his girlfriend was. i never really understood why they kept it a secret, ik jun is childish sometimes, but he would never get in between them (he would make jun wan's life hell for a while but i am sure he would like having him as part of the family), and he could've been of great help when the relationship started to go wrong. he was married once and had an odd relationship with his ex-wife, so i bet he could've helped both of them without meddling too much. and then now she is sick and put her brother in a very awkward position (he has to help her get better without telling one of his best friends about it + knows that he was the one who basically told ik sun to break up with him because he told her he thought that jun wan girlfriend was very selfish).
i am not trying to demonize anyone here, just trying to put a finger on why their plot is bothering me so much, especially when we have good and solid relationships on season 2 when they are clearly the weakest point of this season.
I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE...