After reading the latest chapter of Queen B, I feel uncomfortable with a lot of things that I’d like to talk about.
- MC won’t stop harassing Ian / Ina. The student x professor trope is surprisingly not what bothers me about this book. Ian / Ina is attracted to MC, but they’ve also expressed their desire not to continue the relationship.
- This is not the reaction of someone who wants to be flirted with. “Aw, I think you make him nervous” makes it seem like MC should be proud of making someone uncomfortable.
- The characters in this book act like children which makes the whole MC x Ian / Ina thing even weirder. Yes, MC is 21, but she acts more like a teenager.
- Ian / Ina having an attractive woman as a TA when they’ve been romantic with a student almost seems like they have an MO which is creepy.
- Speaking of Penelope, she literally just walked into the room and was labeled a bitch. Then, MC breaks into her room and blackmails her. I’m all for being a bitch, but it seems more like the behavior of someone with some serious mental issues.
- I really, really wanted to like this book, but what is a popular, albeit occasionally problematic, trope has turned into a creepy relationship that I can’t get behind. It’s less humorous and bitchy like Gossip Girl and more like everyone in this school needs psychiatric help.