my all personalities marathoning ITSAY and IPYTM + documentaries be like
I promised you the moon: The Documentary EP 6
“Mom, he asked me to marry him”
also pp under the pink umbrellas!!!!!
oh gosh it’s hitting me that ipytm is over and who knows if bkpp will work together again. i want them to pursue whatever they’re interested in and to work with other people and have all sorts of experiences but i do hope one day they work on another project together because the chemistry and bond they have is just something else
hoon being accused of hitting on oh at his own wedding im-
emotional about billkin crying over teh’s messages to oh-aew
Okay i’m tearing up again watching ipytm documentary ep.6 🥺🥺🥺
Takeaways from the final episode of the docu:
Every damn body worked so damn hard and put their absolute everything into this whole story, and I for one am grateful.
Billkin becoming too emotional to continue reading out Teh's texts at the read-through was very touching.
When PP sort of teared up thanking Boss...I keep thinking of what it must be like for PP, being so unapologetically femme-y in this industry, especially knowing that things like the 'girly' scene in ep 2 have happened to him before, and to have somebody like Boss embrace his authentic self in multiple projects from I-Stories all the way to ITSAY/IPYTM...and to achieve this kind of success from that...this point is incoherent but I'm very emotional about this too.
Two years. They've been living with this story, with these characters, with this project for two years. What a ride!
1. the story ipytm set out to tell definitely required more than 5x1 hour eps and it does feel like the pacing suffered as a result of time jumps and lack of time to delve into some of the storylines or more like storylines i was more keen on (and the run time of the longest ep in ipytm is like shorter than the shortest ep in itsay i think ??)
2. kinda wish they talked about conflicts related to self/loneliness/identity/growing up/chasing their dreams etc that could have caused rifts between them rather than smth like cheating that took like 2 eps of a show that already needed more screen time to tell it’s story. if i pretend like they broke up due reasons like growing apart, the reunion actually feels earned and heartwarming but i can’t help but feel like i needed to see teh beg and mope and repent more than i did to be fully satisfied
3. k drama/bollywood/cliche ep 5 but meh i am not really complaining at this point lol i think we all deserved a bit off fluff after everything we went through with eps 3&4
4. ngl they did get me with the scenes of them reconnecting at oh-aew’s workplace and the play with parallels to itsay that brought back some of the itsay feels
5. when skyline ost played nyahahahahah
6. it was nice seeing all the itsay characters now having grown up and thriving (esp tarn !!!! )
7. wish they had included scenes between teh and khim in particular for closure cause i do think he needed to apologise and make amends there
8. the last beach scene was so pretty tho i couldn't help but be kinda enamoured with it and they both looked really good there so a bitch can't complain
9. the new ost sounds really nice tho ??
10. as much as ipytm put us through hell over the past couple of weeks, i'm at peace and relieved with the ending despite knowing it’s not impeccable or completely satisfying (or congruent) from a narrative standpoint. but maybe that doesn’t really matter at this point as well. and i will miss these characters and possibly rewatch especially itsay in the future when im yearning for some angst/enemies to friends to lovers trope/coming of age stories.
ANOTHER MASTERPEICE GONE AND IM HEARTBROKEN 😭(but maybe like oh-aew I’ll be able to move on…mmhhh who I’m I kidding I’m not:()
1. The whole cheating thing, I personally did not mind it, unlike others did. I truly cared about how they where gonna resolve it, which they executed wonderfully. But the fandom did a little to much, news flash…shit is not all peaches and cream. No one is gonna please y’all all the time …
2. Oh aewwwwww, Im gonna miss my baby so much (and his outfits ! ) I’m glad he started to love himself because the journey to self love is NOT easy for some people, so for him to reach that point in his life, is amazing to see. AND his friends, can I get friends like that pls ?? The caring and comfort they gave him was amazing, I miss them already. 😔
3. The part where oh aew was giving teh suggestions for his play ALREADY just shows that he really did love teh and I believe that’s the moment teh knew he truly fucked up. Oh aew is truly the best thing that ever happened to him and look what he did.
4. The fucking play… hated but loved it at the same time. The whole publicly begging for a second chance in a grand way, I’ll always hate that. To me, it’s like you think our relationship is a joke and for show and I just can’t take you seriously. But I know teh is trying but sweetie this ain’t it.
5. Teh, well teh is teh but when I saw the messages (reminds me of shi de ) , I lowkey shed a tear not gonna lie. That scene really hurt me, like it did with oh aew. I’m glad he really acknowledged he truly fucked up, hopefully he learns to listens and watch what he says and does. Sometimes you gotta learn not it to be fucking stupid the hard way.
6. I also think why a big part of why ep3 and 4 had EVERYONE upset because to me personally, it felt like we were apart of the relationship. That we got cheated on also, and being blindsided and betrayed is not the best feeling.
7. The ending clutched my heart so bad, I didn’t want it to end . I wish we had more episodes but I BLAME HOMOPHOBIA 🤷🏽♀️
Overall the series is and will forever be a masterpiece. They DIDNT ruin it in “I promised you the moon” and I really wish someone of you would stop fucking saying that. Both seasons were extremely good and I’ll forever cherish the team and actors for giving us this beautiful story.
Favorite quote :
“We don’t have to promise forever…I just wanna be with you…”
“And if we ever have problems, can you come talk to me ??? [ Writers take notes pls, and come up with other plots. ]
© sunsetandthemoon © liyazaki © kaonoppakao © gunsatthaphan
IPYTM: A Visual Love Letter to the Legendary Thotty Sweatshirt
we love her big brain. period.
ok but bkpp supremacy