Principal Software Engineer – Jobseeker Profile
California Job Vacancies
The Job Seeker Profile team is at the center of people’s professional life, personal growth and goals.
At the right moment, helping them discover and get relevant jobs effectively.
– Help job seekers to effectively represent themselves to employers.
Our vision is to help every job seeker in the world find a better job.
As the principal software development engineer and architect for the Profile product group of about 30 engineers & managers, you will envision, evangelize, and drive the technical roadmap for the group.
You will investigate, prototype, and prove out new technologies and processes to help validate and pave the way to an exciting and promising future.
Partnering with the Director of Engineering, you will work with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, Test & Software Engineers and other stakeholders across the company to help us achieve our mission.
You will contribute to the product roadmap, technology, and vision while creating a culture of quality and operational excellence in the group.
Demonstrate strong technical leadership and leverage your years of hands-on technical engineering experience to hold the organization to a high standard of technical excellence.
Share the expertise on products and technologies by mentoring other engineers and by providing insightful feedback in code reviews for changes made by other engineers.
Investigate and resolve difficult problems and fix complex bugs; accept escalations of complex issues.
Assist other engineers in designing solutions, prioritizing work items, estimating urgency and business impact, and balancing short-term and long-term results.
* Envision, evangelize, and drive the technology vision and roadmap for all Job Seeker profiles, preferences and resumes.
* Design and develop solutions to complex problems and lead development with the help of other engineers to release new technology solutions.
* Help foster an engineering culture with an exceedingly high bar for quality, ownership, and bias for action.
* Collaborate with PMs, QA, and other stakeholders to ensure that our products provide the best possible customer experience.
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who
* Is passionate about software quality, improving the design/development process, and constantly raising the bar on customer experience and usability.
* Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment.
* Has a strong interest in learning to understand and modify backend systems in addition to the front-end.
* Can drive a culture of usability and customer-centric design throughout the team.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (Master’s is a plus).
* 10+ years of experience in software development through multiple product cycles and a strong track record of on-time delivery for large scale, cross-functional projects.
* 5+ years of professional experience working on at least one public-facing product with a global presence and significant traffic.
* Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, distributed systems architecture and implementation, and can demonstrate significant prior success as a software engineer who solved complex problems.
* Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is a strong technical leader.
* Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations.
Pursuant to the SF FCO, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Who we are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet.
With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people’s lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs.
We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves.
We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position.
Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance.
The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees.
Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, long term incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range Transparency
SF Bay Area 236,000
– 342,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment.
For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required.
Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
from California Job Vacancies https://ift.tt/3noI6Ia