This was such a moment. 🤣🤣🤣
This was such a moment. 🤣🤣🤣
Barbara might be Robin Girl, but Kory is Nightwing Girl.
We had an actual 'Koriand'r' episode with Santiago Cabrera in it.
🎶🎶We coulda had it all🎶🎶 😢
i’m gonna pray to god every night to fire these writers and hire writers, who know how to fucking write, and respect their poc actors and characters
teen titans (2003) #13
Titans Season 3
Like or reblog if you save.
Kory's face is like, "Ugh! I can't with these Earthlings."
Love Anna's memable face here 🤣🤣🤣
Season 3 of Titans was obviously not perfect, but still enjoyable. But, there are a few things that were brushed off or not explained. In this post, I will talk about the Kory/Komand'r plots. More will be to come about others topics. Let's start, shall we?
It starts under the cut! (click on 'keep on reading' to see more)
Warning: long post ahead!
1. At the end of season 2, Kory had lost her powers. The reason? Well I thought it was the stress she was dealing with in relation to Tamaran, Blackfire and the whole Faddei thing. The season ended with her not having any of the abilities that make her Starfire (no fire, no super strength, no durability...). And then season 3 stars and she suddenly has a suit and powers again. We all obviously waited for an explanation that we, sadly, never got. The creator of the suits also mentioned that Kory got her suit when she remembered who she really was. So what? Off screen she put all the pieces together and was finally able to ger her awaited suit? Did she also get her powers back? What I think is that her suit comes from her Tamaranean pendant (I'll call it that!) and bracelets, but when did she get all her powers back? And how? They never explained it!!!!!
2. Komand'r arrived in the post credits scenes of season 2, and they showed her as the big bad. She had already threatened Kory and made her kill Faddei. She was coming full force for Kory, or at least that is what they showed us and were trying to go for. All this Komand'r things leaves me with some questions:
What happened to the woman she possessed with her purple goo? Is that an ability they completely forgot about?
How did she get captured by the government! At first I thought that maybe it was all a set up, playing the victim so Kory would find her and then gain her trust and finally betraying her. But, it turns out that she was really captured. Are you telling me that someone like her, who is an alien and a very strong being with the capacity to possess people got captured and put in a box to contain her so easily? Also, why was it never shown how it all happened? This could have had so much potential but it wasn't done well at all.
3. The first visions Kory got while in San Francisco and then as she arrived to Gotham, were thanks to Komand'r. It was a way of communicating with her. They mentioned that as kids Kory could her her voice in her head very clearly. So yeah. That is all cool. But after finding Komand'r and her joining the team, she still had visions. My theory always was that her mother, queen Luand'r, was somehow alive, or that Kom spared her life and lied about it. She could have even been stuck in the pit Kom mentioned, and she could have been trying to communicate with Kory through visions to tell her the truth or even warn her about Kom (if they had gone down the villain route). But in the end, it was never explained where those vision came from. They suddenly appeared and the truth was revealed and no one questioned where it all came from and how.
4. I had a recent thought... I don't dislike that they changed Kory's origin story. But hear me out... I had a better plot in mind. Komand'r is about to kill her parents back in Tamaran and they finally confess her the truth. How they took her fire powers and gave them to Kory, who was supposed to be the heiress to the throne. Imagine how Kom would have felt knowing that? She then proceeds to kill her parents and threaten Kory without revealing the truth, not yet. But she is a woman with a plan and wants revenge. She lands on earth to go after her sister and what is rightfully hers, the powers and the throne. That could have been the beginning of her villain story that could have been developed between season 3 and 4. She would have been a force to be reckoned with. A real threat. But did that happen? No.
5. Are you telling me that Tamaranean suits are as thin as paper and bullets can get through them? It's advanced alien technology! Shouldn't it be better material than any suit made on earth?
6. What was the point of the psychiatrist Justin Cole? We were told he was going to be a love interest for Kory and then what? At first he played a part, being there when she had to talk to someone (while he tried to flirt with her. Not very professional, I have to add!) and then what? He disappeared. He didn't add anything to the plot. They should have had Kory try to talk things with her team, they are family, aren't theh? It would have been an opportunity to bring them closer and show more team moments. Dick doesn't even know about her visions, sleepwalking, her hurting Gar, getting shot or her new powers (this was not showed on screen).
7. Why was Kory explaining she is royalty, the story about her sister and her planet not shown on screen? The team supposedly know but it revealed off screen. Why? It was something they should have shown to see their reactions!
8. I get that this season was not the right one to have Dick and Kory be in a relationship but they could have started building it slowly with some little moments between them. But the writers simply took the colleagues/co-leaders route and even with that plot, they barely interacted. If you want them to be endgame, there should be a bit more shown between them. It was not the right moment, between Kory and her problems and between Dick and his own stuff going on., but it was the occasion to build up their friendship and trust and maybe have little flirty moments between them, just like in season 1, so it all could lead to a relationship in the future. Wasted opportunity.
9. Why have Kory and Kom change powers and its color but still keep their eyes green and purple while using them? It has me a bit confused... I would understand Kom having her signature purple eyes if her powers were purple like before she got her fire powers but now... And Kory kept her green eyes while using blue powers... But about this... I still think her powers are in development so the color of her bolts could change at some point...
I probably forgot stuff. But, for now... I will leave it here. More to come at some point! Thank you for joining my analysis! What are your thoughts?
This episode did Kory well, methinks. 🤔 One of my favourites for her.
Inktober 13 Roof
Thankful for Toye Adedipe for giving us Kory's amazing s3 looks.
We need model Kory in a future season.
It's absolutely possible to:
1. Give Dick, Kory, Rachel & Gar the spotlight as the main characters and a close knit family.
2. Introduce supporting characters without diminishing Kory, Gar and Rachel's roles as main characters.
3. Have a plotline without Dick always at the centre of it (like in season 1).
It's up to the showrunners and writers to wake up and see this.
"txt your s/o 'i want a baby'" meme 10/?
Kori: I want a baby!
Rae: we're lesbians and this bloodline ends with me.
Prev | Next
Titans × Justice League/Avengers characters. 😍
Credit: @superheroz.prime, Instagram.
IMDB Titans ratings.
Damn. Look at how well the numbers of Titans season 1 stand to this day in comparison to seasons 2 and 3. Look at the consistency. ♥️
Season 1 was really something else. Showrunners needed to let the story flow naturally from there, but instead got caught up with storylines distracting from the foundation they'd set in season 1. Well, there you go. 🤷
Okay I really want a Titans episode set at a circus. Or maybe an event that leads them to a circus to look for someone/clues/the enemy.
Like give me Dick pretending everything is fine but it's not because he hasn't been back to a circus since his parents.
Give me Dick having flashbacks of his family and how happy he was, seeing the parallels between them and the core 4.
Give me Kory, Rachel and Gar worrying about him because he's acting weird and they know why even if he refuses to say.
Give me Rachel gripping his hand when she catches him looking at the trapeze because she knows what he's thinking about. She saw it.
Give me Dick laying some ghosts to rest and getting on the bars and being a Flying Grayson again with his family watching in wonder.
Give me Dick talking about his parents and his life to them and having the fam support him.
Give me Dick Grayson walking away from the circus with a whispered "bye mom, bye dad" before he hooks his arms around his family and walks off into his future.
Kory cries easily when watching movies and TV shows. Well, not easily -- a movie or TV show has to earn it (Kory’s tears aren’t cheap). But Kory can have very strong reactions to things in movies and TV shows when they are done well, as she’s very empathic.
The first time Kory cries while watching a movie/TV show in front of Dick (who has only cried a few times at a movie or TV show in his entire life), they are not together. Dick is very alarmed. He fusses over her. Pausing the movie. Asking if she wants to turn it off. He tries to comfort her. He just sees Kory cry, and starts to internally panic. Even though he knows nothing’s actually wrong. He doesn’t know what to do, he just hates seeing her cry. He tries to hug her, but she tells him that she’s okay.
The more it happens, the less alarmed Dick gets. Although he still has this weird, uneasy feeling. Even though he knows nothing’s wrong, that it’s okay (and even good) that Kory’s crying, he still hates seeing Kory cry. He’ll start to always put his arm around her, and rub her back/shoulder reassuringly.
Once they get together though, there is no hesitation. He’ll automatically pull her to him, and if she’s really crying hard, she’ll cry into his chest. Afterwards he’ll wipe her tears away. And even though he’s completely used to it, he’ll still have the tiniest twinge in his heart from seeing her so distressed. He just can’t help it.