Yesterday was good fun. I was nervous about the kanji test, but was able to celebrate once it was done🎉.
I only made one little mistake, but I'm confident that from now I will start to consistently get full marks.
Learning chinese is really fun! Duolingo is making it much easier than usual.
I might post some chinese content when I feel more confident with the language.
I took a peek at my Hindi word database on Anki and sorted out the most difficult (default settings, difficulty 130%) words with 18 to 28 reviews. These are the cards for which I have most often chosen the orange "hard" option when they come up during an exercise round.
Top 10 most difficult words from most to least difficult
1. ओहदा - post, rank, duty, office (masculine)
2. आदेश - order (masculine). It's synonyms निर्देश and आज्ञा also hard to remember.
3. प्रायः - usually, normally (adverb), the synonym अक्सर more common and very easy though.
4. एलान - announcement (masculine). Its synonym दुहाई is also strange. But I just learned the synonym घोषणा, which is nice.
5. अनुभव - experience, feeling (masculine). I don't know why I remember the synonyms तजुर्बा, महसूस, एहसास and भावना so much more easily than this one.
6. माफ़ी - forgiveness, pardon (feminine). The problem here for me is that this actually is an ई-ending feminine noun, and its adjectival counterpart is the consonant ending माफ़ (forgiven), whereas the pairs like ज़रूरत/ज़रूरी and शरारत/शरारती work the opposite way (consonant ending feminines / ई-ending adjectives) and it just appears to confuse the heck out my brain.
7. शोभा - 1. splendour, grace, 2. wish, desire (feminine), actually a Sanskrit word but I've picked it up from some Hindi context, probably a novel or a short story.
8. भटकना - 1. to wander restlessly, to become lost (intransitive). I keep mixing this up with भागना, to run, to flee.
9. विवशता - helplessness, compulsion (feminine). I just draw blank every time this word comes up, it's almost like I'm immune to learning it.
10. पोंछना - to wipe (transitive). I keep mixing this up with verbs like झेंपना, to blush, झांकना, to peek, and चाँपना, to press, squeeze.
It's actually interesting to see how or if this list changes over time, maybe I'll revisit this sometime later.
The real challenge of having a studyblr is trying to figure out how to make my Duolingo progress and goals aesthetic
• 100 days: LANGUAGE CHALLENGE • Day 82
Here, SCB= Standard Colloquial Bengali and WMB= West Medinipuria Bengali
Most of the words are just the same as in Standard Bengali. Many Bengali dialects seem to replace কোন (kon) with কুন (kun), which I find really fascinating. Assamese does the same, কোন (kün).
Again, I forget that I even own this blog LMAO. I’ve only been doing Busuu for German so far, I’ve been avoiding my grammar textbook because it isn’t as fun aksdfjkajsdf. I’m very close to earning my A2 certificate from Busuu so there’s that!!!
oct 22, 2021 | 4/100 days of productivity
things i did today
finished and submitted eng essay (100%!!)
finished and submitted math workbook
started new math unit
started health paper
listened to podcast
Today was really intense but I actually dont feel that tired. I started using a discord server to study and found a group that was super chill to study with so i actually had a little fun studying today even though I'm still stressed and super behind on assignments
Basically all I did was Literary Theory and a bit of italian, mostly Literary Theory tho because the teacher just gives out a 1000 reading assignments so I was really behind. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to catch up and move on to other subjects
For Italian I did a lot of verb conjugation training (we have a list to get through this month so i' drilling it) and also did some immersion by watching some disney which is always fun
Usually I would try to at least get 1 day out of the weekend where I wouldn't study at all, but with the amount of things I have to catch up it seems like that wont be happening, but it's okay! I'm still managing to slip in loads of breaks and studying is actually distracting me from my anxiety and depression so I guess that's good
Yoyo Chinese Intermediate Conversational Unit 42
There are different grammatical rules to say "cannot" do something depending on the reason why you can't do it.
Learned Skills: 不会
我不会说法语。I can't speak French. 我不会骑自行车。I can't ride a bike.
Permission: 不可以 / 不能 (interchangeable)
上课的时候你不能睡着。When in class, you can't fall sleep. 开车的时候你不能睡着。When driving, you can't fall asleep. 你不能在公园骑自行车。You can't ride a bike in the park.
Other Reasons; Unable: Potential Complement (verb + 不 + complement)
我睡不着。I can't (fall) sleep. 人太多了，我看不见。Too many people, I can't see. 天太黑了，我看不到。It's too dark, I can't see.
Note: 看见 = 看到 / 听见 = 听到 These both mean the same thing. Both of these complements 到/见 mean "to achieve the result."
Reading practice and exercises
Patreon | Ko-fi
Watching detective conan right now for the first time. The ears are drawn a bit weird.
Thought I could show you some of my notes! ✨
Here are some of the notes from my Discourse Analysis course, which I absolutely loved!
I usually prefer writing on regular sheets of paper instead of notebooks, which is why I now have two shelves full of empty notebooks… because impulsively buying pretty stationery is life. And of course I’m using Muji pens and Mildliners, because 10/10.
Okay, back to procrastinating! Byee