Beginner skating tips from another beginner
This is different from what I usually post but I wanna give some advice. I started skating about 2,5 months ago and I want to give tips from my own experience.
Side note I have a cruiser board and a longboard so I’m not really learning tricks or something just cruising around town.
- When you’re buying one stand on it and check out the trucks and wheels before you buy it. Stand on it to feel it you’re comfortable on it.
- Start with a board where the trucks can be tightened so you won’t have trouble with balance in the beginning.
- Before cruising outside try to find a place where you can learn your stance. I did this in my house but you can also do it outside on grass.
- When you feel comfortable enough go to a empty parking lot and try to practice cruising. Practice how to pick up speed and how to change stance.
- When you can pick up speed and feel confident try making some turns. You might have to loosen your trucks a bit if you tightened them too much.
- Once you can make some turns just try to find some good streets to cruise. You learn the most by cruising through town.
- If you feel safe try to go down some hills. Make sure they’re not too steep and don’t have a big corner at the end. In the beginning it will be hard to make turns especially when going down hills.
- If you feel comfortable enough try to figure out if you can make kick turns with your board. You can also practice picking up speed while making a turn.
Not sure if I missed anything but I think this is what I did. If you disagree or have some other tips feel free to add them.