Everyone: Lewis looks like an Enderman.
Me: Are you sure?
Everyone: Lewis looks like an Enderman.
Me: Are you sure?
Gunpowder and Ink by Fox of Nine Tales
Part 7: In Which There Is a Truce... And ‘Taters
Fandom: DMBJ | The Grave Robber’s Chronicles, The Lost Tomb Reboot
Relationship: Liu Sang & Wang Pangzi
Tags: Alternate Universe - Regency, Fluff, Angst, Humor, Action/Adventure
Pampered lordlings and guttersnipes and dashing highwaymen, oh my. It’s the DMBJ Regency AU that at least one of you asked for! (100% character fluff, 0% plot)
“It seems like a simple enough solution,” says Wu Xie, taking the wide marble steps two at a time and tugging at his gloves as he goes. “You just need a thief.”
Pangzi takes the steps one at a time, like a normal human being, and rests one hand on the railing besides. He’s not old – not in any way that is worth mentioning – but a couple of nights spent skulking on rooftops and lurking in back alleys and not getting nearly enough sleep have conspired with his lower vertebrae to give an impression of age that is in no way being helped by the contrast of the marquis being his usual appallingly energetic self. “Yes, I had noticed that, thank you very much. Funny thing, most of them go tearing off in the opposite direction when they see me coming. It’s as if they don’t like hanging around with Bow Street Runners.” His sarcasm is not subtle. “And you’re not doing it,” he adds as a hasty afterthought, having known Wu Xie for far too long to think that that’s not something the marquis considers to be an acceptable option.
“I never even considered it,” Wu Xie lies cheerfully as the big double doors swing open. “Don’t worry, I have a much better idea.” He hands his hat and gloves off to the footman with a smile and a nod. Pangzi does not; the last time he left his hat unattended in the Wu household he’d only just been in time to save it from being burned by Wu Xie’s valet. Instead, he clutches the (comfortable! hardwearing! faithful!) baggy felt object in one hand as he follows Wu Xie through the airy front hall, footsteps echoing on the marble tiles.
He nearly collides with the marquis when Wu Xie suddenly whirls, walking backwards as he calls to the footman. “Li Jiale, have you seen Liu Sang recently? I need him.”
“I believe he’s in the library, my lord,” says the footman, and Wu Xie changes his trajectory to swing them in a half-circle around the staircase and down a narrower side hall, shadowed and paneled in dark wood.
Light welcomes them as he pushes open the door. The library backs onto the rear of the house, and at this time of day the brightness spills into the room in wide window-shaped panels, blocking out glowing islands of books and chairs and carpet. In one of these brilliant squares a man sits at a desk, ledgers and paper spread before him, the sunlight reflecting rows of letters in the lenses of his spectacles and turning his bent head to flame.
No… not a man, a boy. In fact - Pangzi realizes as his head lifts at the marquis’ entrance - a very familiar boy.
"What is he doing here?!" they both shout at the same time. Pangzi instinctively moves to block the door. In almost the same instant, Jinx is on top of the desk by the window, pulling at the latch.
"Oh, good, you already know each other," says Wu Xie.
Read it on AO3
Besties, I just found out I have 95 follows, could we round up to a hundred, please 🥺👉👈
shout-out to the lyric “watch me strike a match on all my wasted time.” using the time someone took from you as an accelerant to burn away the bad memories? brilliant.
I heard someone say that when you cry, it's because you're allergic to life... or something in the middle. But what if, it's your only way to scream? Alone, on your bed, soffocating your voice on the pillow?
When demons scream loud in you head and crying is the only way to make them stop. To bring peace in you.
My thigh gap. It's a little but it's something. Yeah those are selfharm scars on my thighs.
(but Anders is more open about it)
case number 1 : entering Blackmarsh
case number 2 : Deep Roads
+ Bonus : complaining about nature and the outdoors (again Anders complains more )
Love is stored in the shared enjoyment of fantasy hyperpop
Gender becomes a lot easier and more comfortable when you realize that you don't have to fit into any boxes. I'm a trans guy, I use he/him pronouns but that label doesn't have to put me in any categories
I’m about to sob y’all
I don’t know if I’m slow or genuinely that fucking stupid
So can anyone tell me why I find being good with kids extremely attractive? or am I doomed to sit here and watch this man play w this unrelated toddler like they’re father and son and try not to smile too much
Sunday Morning Thoughts.
1. There is no progress, Dually speaking I’m watching this leftist YouTube channel “the barricade” it’s two leftist Eastern European people, one man one woman, and I’m watching their video on feminism, and the woman is arguing that “forced marriages” still exist due to women having to get with random men just for a place to live, that my friends is true, throughout the 2010’s decade I saw all my female friends do that, for a myriad of reasons, one being that when working class people are in their teens, they’re not really children anymore, due to the settings they find themselves in, they jump off into an adult lifestyle rapidly so many end up not finishing high school or finishing high school and meandering around, there’s also the fact that these young women have no opportunities economically for fun, so they hitch themselves to a man, who already has some sort of economic stability just to get out of their parents house,
2. When I look around, at that, myself, these years, there isn’t any progress, progress is a myth by and large, and I’m still trying to understand a way out, I luckily don’t have children or any other issues, but there’s something else, something else on my mind.
3. Few days ago my sisters randomly driving headed to a nail salon encountered my old friend Alex, completely destitute, homeless staggering around, apparently they witnessed her get out of a Mexican mans car after presumably giving him a blow job, they yelled to her “hey are you Alex ?” “It’s us Anthony’s sisters” “you remember Anthony right ?” And according to my sisters she responded with yeah, but she was out of it, and her mannerisms were like she was scared,
4. The last time I spoke to her few months back she told me she was homeless on Hollywood Blvd, she had hit rock bottom, and so I tried looking for her two days ago, but I couldn’t find her, I asked the various homeless people to no avail and it was interesting seeing all of these people, these homeless people living on the sidewalk in the crevices of buildings under the freeway and so on, as I walked trying to find Alex, I was looking at the faces of all the people driving, people just like me, where the fine line between destitution is thin.
5. And that scares me, you know why it scares me because this society is brutal, no one cares if your homeless, in college I remember asking if someone my classmates and I saw was homeless and the two people one professor the other staff Cooly noted that yes that person was homeless and just how they said it, rubbed me the wrong way, people don’t care about other peoples lives at all here.
6. So not only is their a myth of progress, everything else here is a myth, and what shields people are the phony identities they’ve managed to put together, prejudice being the chief means, see those people scapegoating other races other genders etc those people do it because they don’t want to experience the poverty and abuse and brutal anonymity that those others experience, conservatism is a shield to not receive what the others receive, of course we know that, that’s a myth too, anyone in this system is a potential victim, if they can’t work or have anything sold to them, then they become victims.
Plan for next month... Commission someone to draw Pirate Queen Rouge.
SHE IS A QUEEN AND DESERVES TO BE PORTRAYED AS SUCH!!!
"Hello sir who are you"
there’s not going to be macdennis you stupid slut
So I wanted to try painting
The quality is bad but the energy is addictive
"Faster!" the ghosts cried as one, and she screamed and threw herself forward. A great knife of pain ripped down her back, and she felt her skin tear open and smelled the stench of burning blood and saw the shadow of wings. And Daenerys Targaryen flew.
"…wake the dragon…"
Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger’s hilt and wrenched it free. In the cold night air the wound was smoking. “Ghost,” he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold…
art credit: luizamcallister and Arantza Sestayo