My resolution this year is to finally get rid of all of those single use items we use so often and replace them with reusable, natural, eco-friendly alternatives!
So it’s only the third week of January but so far I have swapped…
- Colored sponges for compostable washable natural colored sponges
- Loofa for an all natural vegetable fiber body sponge
- Cotton squares (for makeup removing) for washable bamboo make up pads
- Coffee Filters for a washable coffee filter basket
Lint roller for a ChomChom
- Hand Soap for a refillable bamboo soap dispenser
- Armor Hammer Laundry Detergent for Meyers Laundry Detergent Concentrate
- Dawn Dish Soap for Meyers Dish Shop
- Playtex Tampons for Organic plant based tampons
- Dryer Sheets for Wool Balls (tip: put a few drops of essential oils on for a fragrance upgrade)
Everything is hyperlinked if there is any interest in researching the substitutes further yourself! Together we can lower our carbon footprint on the world.
Ps. I am merely just a young homeowner trying to be earth friendly with my lifestyle. If anyone has any suggestions for any more ways to switch from single use items to reusable items I am all ears and thank you in advance!