root chakra ❤️
this week, i worked on my root chakra, and you can too!
what is it?
the root chakra is an energy point and is one of the seven chakra points in our bodies. it deals with stability, emotional health, and basic needs. this chakra is associated with the color red.
where is it?
the root chakra is located as the base of our spine/groin area.
unbalanced root chakra
so how do you know if your root chakra is unbalanced? well, there are two types of unbalances: deficient and excessive. i’ll include some of the symptoms below!
deficient root chakra
- you feel lifeless
- very sluggish
- trust issues
- feeling mentally blocked
excessive root chakra
- very reactive
it might even be a combo of the two! your root chakra might just be all over the place; going uppp and downnn…
how to unblock your root chakra
okay, so now that we know if we have a blocked root chakra, now what? well now we have to unblock it! it’s no easy work and will not be done in a day. you have to work on it consistently and remain hopeful and strong! here are some ways to unblock your root chakra:
listen to grounding music 🌩
- sounds of thunder
- mongolian throat singing
- australian didgeridoo
chant LAM 🌞
- LAM has is at the same vibration frequency as your root chakra
- stretch the word out to make it sound like ‘lllllllaaaaammmmm’
walk in nature 🌸
- appreciate the beauty around you
- if it’s warm, walking barefoot can feel really nice
- hyper focus on the four elements which surround you; the dirt for earth; the breeze for air, the heat from the sun for fire, and the water which your body has a lot of or appreciate a body of water
be mindful 🧘🏻♀️
- take a teeny part of your day to focus on your breathing
- be aware of every sense and repeat “i am” affirmations
use crystals 🧙🏻♀️
- smoky quartz
- black tourmaline
explore your fears 🕯
- what are the reasons behind them?
- journal them down
- don’t be afraid! you got this :)
practice catharsis 🧸
- punch a punching bag
- scream into a pillow
- dynamic yoga
drink tea 🍵
- ashwaganda and cloves tea
- dandelion root tea
- ginger tea
- tea with elderflower