Excerpt from the most recent chapter of my fic The Prince and the Crow - The Year of the Snake.
*A/N: This is a severitus fic. Harry met Luna between his 1st and 2nd year. Pandora was a potioneer and died in a potions accident. Petronella is my ofc.*
‘Luna.’ Harry hisses, trying to get her attention before the Potions Master sees her and probably berates her for being in the wrong class. Harry was used to Snape’s acerbic comments now, but Luna seemed so soft and innocent, she would surely be upset by his manner.
‘Pay attention Mr Potter.’ Snape drawls, picking out Harry’s whispered voice instead, as he waves his hand at the board. But as he turns to check that everyone is looking, he pauses and squints. Oh no. Harry thinks. He’s spotted her.
‘Miss Lovegood.’ Snape says. ‘You are aware that this is second year potions?’ He intones silkily. The whole class turns around to look at Luna, who simply smiles back, swinging her legs under the bench.
‘Yes sir.’ She says sweetly.
Snape squints again.
‘And that you are a first year.’ He drawls. Many of the students titter and whisper.
‘Yes sir.’ She says again.
‘Then may I ask what you are doing here?’
‘Well as I told Petronella, Wednesday afternoons are not the right time to be divining dreams.’ She says plainly.
‘Divination is a third year elective.’ Snape growls, becoming a little frustrated. Harry wants to tell Luna to quit while she’s ahead, but he thinks his interference will probably only make matters worse.
‘Silence!’ The Professor snaps at the growing giggling amongst the class, as if proving Harry right. He pinches the bridge of his nose. ‘You will all familiarise yourselves with today’s instructions. Do not touch anything until I return.’ He intones firmly. ‘Miss Lovegood.’ He crooks his finger and leads her into his office.
Severus leads Luna into his office and closes the door.
‘Firstly, what is this about you taking divination?’ He asks.
‘Well, Sybill always said my mam had the gift, and she wanted me to start taking classes right away, so Filius arranged my timetable to fit it in, but really I can’t imagine why she would have me studying dreams on a Wednesday afternoon, it really is the worst time, nobody ever dreams on a Tuesday, and…’
Severus cuts her off by holding up his hand. He is going to need a headache draught at this rate.
‘Miss Lovegood, firstly it is Professor Trelawny and Professor Flitwick.’
‘Yes sir.’ She says.
‘Secondly, far be it from me to actually encourage anyone to take Divination,’ He sneers derisively, ‘but if special accommodations have already been made for you to study the subject two years ahead, do you not think it rather rude to simply not turn up?’
‘Oh, no sir, I’m sure Professor Trelawny won’t mind.’
Severus opens his mouth to dispute this, then realises that it is probably true. That’s if the Divination Professor even noticed that the girl was missing. He observes Luna for a moment.
‘What are the three main ingredients in a swelling solution?’ He asks.
She looks questioning for a moment and he is about to send her packing when she answers.
‘Well, I suppose you are looking for Nettles, Puffer-fish eyes, and Bat spleens, though really the water is equally important. It wouldn’t be a very good solution without it now would it?’ She laughs.
‘Hmm.’ He scowls. ‘This is highly irregular.’ The Potions Master observes the young witch. From what he has seen of her so far in classes she is indeed quite skilled in potions. Unsurprising in a way given her mother’s talent. She has also shown great caution when it comes to accidents. A little too much at times. ‘You will be expected to keep up. You will not be receiving any special treatment. One mistake and you’re out. Is that understood?’
‘Yes sir.’ She repeats politely.
‘Petronella will literally gut me if anything happens to you.’ He mutters as he leads the way back into the class.
Alright, I'm bored so heres my Pandora Lovegood headcannons
☆ Related to the Malfoy's somehow. Either Lucius's sister or cousin.
☆ Loved to paint
☆ Always coming up with new ideas she wants to try out and experiment with. She once blew up her cauldron in potions because 'this is boring I have a better idea'. It was not a better idea. She had detentions for a week.
☆ Was the one that digured out how to make Patronus's give messages. Dumbeldore totally stole the credit.
☆ Met Xenopholius in Care of Magical Creatures third year.
☆ Not straight. Either pan or not using a specific lable.
☆ Best friends with Regulus. She died trying to destroy the horcrux. Dumbledore was involved in her death. She was always too smart to trust him.
☆ Definitly a Ravenclaw.
☆ Became an animagus with Regulus. Her animagus form was a Tortoiseshell cat (I might have spelt that wrong). They got so excited when they realised they were both cats. Totally found out lots of information from the pet cats at Hogwarts. Mrs Norris liked trusted them because cats so they got away with a lot.
☆ Started a secret tattoo business at Hogwarts.
☆ She got a Leo constellation tattoo after Regulus died.
☆ Study sessions in the Astronomy tower with Regulus at night.
☆ Didn't care what anybody thought of her. She wanted to be herself regardless of her family and peers. Nobody would ever tell her what to do.
☆ Totally had the cutest dates ever with Xenophilius
☆ He loves hawaiian shirts (James likes hin wearing them too).
☆ His animagus form is a black cat. He became an animagus before the marauders did. He definitly teases James about it. Lily would/does call him Salem.
☆ He wears so many rings that he fiddles with constantly.
☆ He is really into poetry and even wrotes his own. It is very angsty.
☆ He actually loves swimming and is great at it. He loves the sea and once challended Barty and Evan to a race in the Black Lake. He won. By a mile.
☆ Barty was his gay awakening.
☆ Pandora is his best friend, although he is very close with Barty and Evan too.
☆ On the aroace spectrums but also gay. Probably greyaro and demiace
☆ Knows way too much about random things like the story of Achillies and Patroclus. James loves listening to him talk about it. He mainly loves his voice and how passionate he is.
☆ He never stopped loving his brother.
☆ He hated Snape but was a lot more subtle than the Marauders about it. Specifically clever pranks that were blamed on the Marauders they never found out it was him. Well, James did in 7th year but he never told the others.
☆ He is very good at occlumency and legitimancy.
☆ He is very intelligent, able to do wandless and wordless magic. He is also very good at potions and duelling. He created his own potions and spells.
☆ He secretly reads a lot of muggle books and poetry.
☆ He was so sassy.
☆ Just as dramatic as Sirius if not more. I mean, he literally wrote a letter to the Dark Lord basically saying screw you I outsmarted you and stole your necklace.
I fucking love what this fandom has done with Pandora Lovegood. I can’t list all the popular head canons so I’ll just list a few:
- She was best friends with Regulus Black. Just like how James and Sirius acted like brothers, Pandora and Regulus treated each other like family.
-I’ve also seen the joke that Pandora was Regulus’ first kiss, because they were always hanging around each other and everyone already thought they were dating. But, the kiss was super awkward and they decided they were way better as friends.
- She was a pure blood and was either a member of the Lestrange family or the Malfoy family, but ended up getting disowned.
- After being bullied by a bunch of kids in Ravenclaw, Regulus and Barty Crouch jr adopted her and let her sit with the Slytherins at meal time, even if they end up losing house points because of it.
-She’s the one who comforted Barty through his unrequited crush on Regulus.
-And she comforted Regulus when James started dating Lily.
-Despite being seen as an idiot, she was incredible at Charms, and both her and Regulus were skilled in Defense Against the Dark Arts. She achieved the highest marks in their year. (And she always let Barty cheat off of her).
-She was also incredibly stubborn and had no problem putting Regulus and Barty in their place if they stepped out of line.
-Although hatstalls are incredibly rare, two occurred during their first year. Regulus was a slytherin nearly placed in hufflepuff and Pandora was a ravenclaw nearly placed in slytherin.
-She was a seer and, after finding out that Regulus was planning on destroying a horcrux, she begged him not to because she knew he would die.
-She made Barty Luna’s godfather.
-She found the locket and Regulus’ note.
-She dedicated the rest of her life to learning how to destroy horcruxes. The spell that killed her was one such attempt.
In conclusion, I would literally fucking die for her and this fandom is amazing.
#𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐋 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏. margot fairmont #it's been hours now and i am still so very brain afk #like why is this so hot #i literally can't take it #this was the best thing to wake up to (and laris) #𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓. charlie roan #𝐁𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐄. juliet burke #𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍. ingrid #𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋. carol newman #𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑. viviane #𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘. zora #𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑.. pandora lovegood #𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋. arabelle malfoy
There’s a headcanon going around lately that Pandora Lovegood and Regulus Black knew each other. That Pandora and Regulus were good friends but secretly friends. So when Pandora had that accident that went wrong she thought she finally cracked the hocrux to destroy it then it killed her. I want to elaborate on their friendship.
They met because Regulus was having a breakdown about his family and Sirius. So he went into the forest because he couldn’t go into the Slytherin common room or his dorm or his peers would see him and interrogate or make fun of him. When he was in the forest he saw Pandora barefoot feeding animals think Luna with the thestrals. Regulus just stared at her in shock not expecting anyone so deep in the forest she looked at him in a distant way then went on a tangent about the animal she was feeding while petting it, she then invited Regulus to pet it as well and that’s how they became friends.
They would only meet up in the forest and they would feeding the animals. They would talk about serious things like Sirius getting disowned, trivial things like complicated homework and random things about the animal they were feeding and hanging around with.
They both cared for the other deeply and when Regulus died a part of Pandora died with him especially since their friendship was so secretive she couldn’t talk to anyone. Pandora was still a lively person and most people couldn’t visibly see the difference but Pandora felt it.
every time i open the clock app i find a new batshit crazy theory that tries to blame dumbledore for more and more absurd things. please go write fanfics about them, i’m sure they’ll be amazing; but stop pushing them as theories for the canonical story ffs.
#dumbledore #dumbledore didn’t torture the longbottoms #dumbledore’s didn’t kill pandora lovegood #stop making stuff up and pretending that they are or can be canon
hc where luna is actually fluent in french because she wasn't supposed to go to Hogwarts.
After the first War where Pandora had to watch all of her loved ones die, she made the decision to not trust Dumbledore anymore, that including not giving him her child's life in case moment ever came so when turned 11, Luna would be sent to Beauxbatons.
Obviously it didn't happen because Pandora died (was killed) when Luna was 9 and Xenophilius couldn't handle being so far from his little girl after losing the love of his life so he sent their daughter to Hogwarts, where Pandora's worst fear happened: Luna became another child soldier for Dumbledore.
Luckly the outcome wasn't as bad as the first time for the Lovegood family.
- Lily befriends this guy, Severus, and he joins your little group
- when you turn eleven, all three of you receive a letter from Hogwarts
- everyone is confused, except Severus, who happily explains everything to you and your families
- he even offers to take Lily and you to shop for Hogwarts supplies
- Severus warned you both of the prejudices against muggleborns, but you didn't realize how true it was until you're in the train, on your way to your new school
"Filthy mudblood" an older boy scuffs in your direction. "Do you even know to hold a wand?"
"I don't understand why they're allowed to learn magic at all," another would say. They wore the usual robes, emerald green ribbons on their edges
"Poor things," some voice mused. "They don't know anything and yet are expected to graduate the best wizarding school in the world. I almost pity them."
- Lily didn't hear it, as she and Severus were already seated, but it made you self conscious and no matter what you talked about on the train, you couldn't forget those kids words.
- you needed to use the restroom
- Severus was reading something you never heard of, despite your love for literature and Lily was fast asleep next to you (and a pile of chocolate frogs)
- when you stepped in the hall, a short girl was yelling at someone, a boy not older than yourself
- he had shoulder-length black hair, curling at the edges, dressed in a simple robe that showed he wasn't sorted in any house yet
- despite his age, he was as tall as the older girl yelling at him
"Behave, Sirius!" the girl would hiss at him. "You can't make a mockery out of the House of Black."
"Calm down, ‘Cissa," and you couldn't tell, but he probably rolled his eyes. "Since you start dating Lucius you're a stuck up..."
"Sirius Orion Black!" The girl gasped. "Watch your mouth, cousin."
- the heated argument might've turned into a fight, had it not be for you
- you marched down the hall, head down, but steps sure
- you cleared your throat when you reached them
"Sorry, but I need to pass."
- so close, you could see the boy, Sirius, clearly
- he was beautiful, features sculpted by ancient Greece's artists no doubt. But what made you stare and blush were his eyes. Grey, like a stormy sky. Grey is usually a boring color, but his eyes gleamed with mischief. His eyes promised troubles and fun. There was defiance in them, a vow to be always true to himself...
"Were you going somewhere?" ‘Cissa asked annoyed. And with one last look to her cousin, she went away.
- Sirius rolled his eyes
"Sorry for her, she changed a lot in the last year." The last part, you thought, wasn't meant for you, so you just mumbled a 'it's fine' and moved to go.
"I'm Sirius, by the way," he shouted, even though no more than three steps were between you
"y/n" you replied and rushed away, not fast enough to not notice Sirius smiling broadly and waving a hand at you as he entered his compartment
- once at Hogwarts, the sorting ceremony pressed on your nerves, made you jumpy
"It's gonna be fine," Lily whispered when she caught you fidgeting under the long, large sleeves of your robe
- Lily's name was called
- a friendly looking woman, way past her 'second youth' ages, welcomed her at the stool
- not even a minute passed until the Hat shouted "Gryffindor"
- Severus was sorted in Slytherin and judging by the reserved, but content smile, he wished to be in the emerald green house
- you couldn't help but remember those older, mean kids on the train, but brushed it off as your name echoed in the now silenced room
- McGonagall, you learned her name was, motioned for you to sit and placed the Hat on your head
- the Hat squirmed and hummed, forcing you to notice the attention fixed on you
- you gulped and closed your eyes when you saw the stares of so many people, some friendly, some bored and annoyed, some curious and other hateful
"Relax, kid," a raspy voice said in your mind. "I should know what I'm doing." And you could almost feel its smirk - can hats smirk?
"Ah, yes," it went on, "you're smart and curious, thirsty for knowledge, but too naive for Slytherin. Shy and good hearted, but enough anger to not fit in Hufflepuff. You are loyal, but you take your courage from art. Not a Gryffindor, then."
- "Ravenclaw!" The Hat billowed
- at first, you were disappointed. Lily was in Gryffindor and Sirius too. The only people you knew, besides Severus. But you didn't want to join his house. And they all seemed so friendly in the red and gold house. Warm and cosy.
- the Ravenclaws were analyzing you as you slowly made your way to their table
- if Gryffindors roared and clapped to welcome their newest, Ravenclaws stood in silence.
- you noticed the soft smiles, though, and as soon as you were seated and the sorting ceremony went on, they whispered "hellos" and congratulations to you
"Hi," a blond girl said. She was too in the first year. Her blue eyes were kind, yet curious, daring. She had paint all over her hands, few spots on her chin too, and dried herbs under her fingernails
- you gave her a tight, nervous smile which she brushed off and kept talking to you
- by the end of the night, you were friends
- as it happens all the time, the children found their groups of friends... and their spirit
- some were inclined to quiet observing, some were trying to win over the teachers and some of them were troublemakers
- but none such as James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew
- within only a few weeks since school started, four boys in the first year begin their well crafted pranks
- they managed to earn a reputation amongst witches and wizards in Hogwarts
- you thought their pranks were funny, Lily on the other hand...
"Pricks" she'd say all the time the marauders came up in your talks
"Oh, come on, Lils, they're not that bad."
- but what you didn't know was how their pranks affected Severus
- as Slytherin and Gryffindor were caught in a centuries long rivalry, the four oftenly pranked the green house
- one of their favorite targets was Severus
- who complained to Lily about the Gryffindor boys poor behavior
- of course, since you spent so much time with Pandora, due to being in the same house, sharing a room and multiple activities, Severus and Lily hanged out by themselves more and more
- kids from different houses can interact with each other, but oftenly, friendships are tied stronger with fellows from the same house
- so now, you barely saw Lily anymore
"They are bullies, y/n!" Lily said to you one day, finally catching up with you. "You won't believe what they did to Severus the other day. And that leader of them, Potter? He's the worst."
- you didn't bother fight with your friend over the four pranksters
- you didn't know what to think of them anymore
- sure, their friendship always made you smile, how close and loyal they were
- and in class you discovered they aren't stupid, just mildly less interested in school, but with everything you heard from Lily... you couldn't like bullies
"What's on your mind, y/n?" Pandora asked you one night
- you were hugging your teddy bear closely, snuggling it up to your chest
- you missed your parents and your little sister, missed talking to them about your day, gossiping about the people in your lives
- and you could use your family's hug right now when Lily and Severus were so close they forgot you
- and Pandora... you barely knew her
"Nothing much, really. I'm just homesick."
"It happens to me a lot too, you know. Probably since winter is so close and I'm thinking of all the stories we'll share when I get home."
"Yeah," you smiled at her warmly. That night you didn't sleep. You stayed up and even missed the first two classes to talk and talk and talk...
"Wait, Sirius has a brother?" You squeaked. You didn't know why that bit of information clinged to you, but it made it seem like you were one step closer to the grey-eyed boy
- which is not something you necessary wanted, no
- it was just mere curiosity, since you haven't spoken to him since that first day
- and the little family drama you glimpsed
- you still didn't know much about the wizarding world, its rules and high society of pure bloods
- but knowledge of any sort had that effect on you
- not because you could use it somehow, but just because knowing stuff eased something restless inside you
"Oh, yes. Regulus. He's a darling," Pandora went on. "He'll come to Hogwarts too, in a couple of years. I can't wait."
- Pandora and Regulus were childhood friends, just like you and Lily were
"Doesn't it bother you that you haven't talked so much this year?" You asked
"Not at all, silly," your friend laughed. "Friendships that last over scrapes of words and wires of distance are the best."
- it made you wonder if your friendship with Lily was like that; remembering how you both smiled, enough to compete with sunlight for warming the air around you whenever you met, the answer became obvious
- and just like that, a natural calmness washed over you
"Sirius is a good lad, too," Pandora kept talking. And you couldn't tell if she knew what kept you up late that night, or she simply needed to talk about familiar things as well
"I heard he and his friends are bullies."
"Hmmm... I don't know, y/n. They maybe cross a line sometimes, but I don't think they mean any real harm. Certainly no hurt anybody."
- you shrugged "maybe they don't think words can hurt too."
- the look Pandora gave you sent you back on the train's hall, called back the words you heard between Sirius and his cousin
- and it clicked
- you might not know the whole story, you may lack loads of details and specifics, but you understood
- you understood what Pandora meant and it made you shiver
- you told Lily as much the next time you saw each other
"It doesn't mean he gets to be mean with whomever he wants to." She really was pissed on the marauders for their treatment of Severus
"That's not what I said, Lils. But I don't think they're so bad. Have anyone ever tried to tell them to back off?"
- her silence was answer enough
- while Severus complained in private and opted for a disgusted attitude towards James and his friends, no one actually tried to solve the problem with maturity
- and maybe hoping for such a thing was foolish
- Lily thought it was
- but she judged them already
- you were yet to decide what you really thought of the four troublemakers
- and so, you took it upon yourself to talk to the pranksters
- it was nearly time to leave for winter's Holydays when you tapped Remus on the shoulder in potion class
- Pandora agreed to switch partners that day and the tall, slim, brown eyed boy seemed the most approachable one in the notorious group
- despite his mysterious scars
- you two made a pretty good team, the professor said as much too, even when he made a point to adress the change he did not approve of
- before Remus could leave and join with his friends you asked him if you could meet him after classes at the Black Lake
- noticing his friends staring expectedly at the pair of you, no doubt eavesdropping, you extend the invitation
"Hi guys" you greeted them when James, flanked by Sirius and trailed by Remus and Peter showed up
"Y/n, right?" Sirius bursted out. "You're the girl from the train." His smile was contagious
"All the girls in here are 'the girl from the train', if you think about it" Remus teased
- at which Peter snickered, James hauled a healthy laugh and Sirius rolled his eyes with a twitch of his lips
- you were too nervous to let yourself laugh
- you knew that if you did, you wouldn't be able to stop
- so you just cast a look downwards and smiled broadly
"Alright, out with it. Why did you summen us?" James spoke for the first time you were there
- your brows shut up at his dramatics
"There's a good reason too, but right now I need to encourage you to join the drama club" you scoffed.
"Drama club? We have a drama club?"
"It's mostly Ravenclaws, Pete."
"Oi, and mostly Ravenclaws who watch the plays, mate"
"Perhaps we should change that. Why not shoot your shot at becoming an actual star?"
- Sirius chocked as his friends laughed once more
- Pandora didn't mention the astral theme of the names in the Black family
- but it was easy to notice
- and not so easy to overlook how fitting the grey eyed boy's name was
- the brightest star in the sky for the boy so full of light in the darkness of his family
- 'a white ship between Black ones' you were inclined to give voice to your thoughts
- the others would surely appreciate the pun
- but you had a job to do
- and you weren't sure becoming so personal all of a sudden was right
- so, instead, you said
"I've heard you took a liking in targeting a certain Slytherin. Snape. Severus Snape."
"Oi, you're not going to chastise us for a little fun, are you?"
"It's not fun if you hurt him."
"Priss," Sirius murmured.
"Look," you tried again, "your pranks are quite amazing and you guys seem like a lot of fun. Just make sure you don't become bullies, alright?"
- Remus had the decency of looking ashamed
- Peter seemed to muse over it
- James and Sirius, though, crossed their arms and rolled their eyes
"It's not our fault if he can't take a joke or two"
- you frowned at James' words and furrowed your brows together at Sirius' nod of approval
- you put your hands on your hips
"From what I've heard, it's a little more than 'a joke or two'"
"And who told you that?" Sirius patronized you.
- you replied in the same manner
"My friend. A common friend of mine and Snape's"
"Who would bear be friends with that guy?" James picked up
"Lily Evans," you said. Only because they ought to know her, since they're all in the same house and maybe the mention of someone of their own would help your case
- what you did not expect was the silence that followed
- Remus' attention snapped at James, whose cheeks turned slightly redder than before
- now, it may have been the cold weather that coloured his face in soft pink
- but the side glances form both Remus and Peter and the eye roll from Sirius
- along with the wide eyes fixed under his glasses
- it all made you believe something else was going on
"She is friends with Severus?" James asked
- you carefully nodded
"For real?" Peter chimed in, only to be playfully, yet cautiously elbowed in his side by Remus
"Slytherins and Gryffindors were at each others throats for so long," he explained. "I guess it is weird... but not impossible," he added at the stare you gave him
"So what, we stop pranking now?" Sirius grew annoyed
- you looked away
- the girl on the train, his cousin, was a Slytherin
- and Pandora mentioned a couple more Slytherins in his family
- perhaps this had nothing to do with Severus, but rather his house
- you bit your lips
- it was none of your business anyway
"I'm not asking you to stop altogether. Just... be more mindful? Or back off people who made it clear don't enjoy it? I don't know..."
"Not to worry, mate." James, it seems, has regained his cheerfulness. "We'll figure something out
- you smiled at them
- three smiled back
- Sirius pressed his lips tight together, but nodded in agreement
"Thanks, guys," you said, before parting ways
- they strode towards the Gryffindor's tower while you ran to your room in the Ravenclaws quarters
- you felt rather proud, if a bit confused about what exactly happened
- but you couldn't wait to tell Lily the good news
- faster than you'd have imagined december came and the whole castle was getting ready for the trip home
- few tears gathered in your eyes as you hugged Pandora good-bye
- and more ran down your face when your little sister jumped in your arms and hold you tight
- soon the whole family put their arms around you and lead you home
- you celebrated Christmas the old fashion way, with carols around the tree, egg nog for everyone, stories late in night by the fire and presents wrapped in blue and black
- yes, your parents don't understand much about the wizarding world
- but they're supportive
- enough so that they accepted your new black cat despite their preference towards dogs and even redecorated your room to match the Ravenclaw's aesthetic
- which proved to be not so hard a work since you gave them way too many details in your letters
- anyway, you visited your muggle classmates
- who thought you went away to a fancy, expensive boarding school for gifted kids
- quite a believable lie, no surprise there
- when it was time to go back to Hogwarts, you promised them to keep in touch
- after all, you were a muggle and a witch
- you belong to both worlds
- your family saw you to 9³/⁴ platform and bid their farewell long after the train could no longer be heard
- you did the same from your compartment, waving until the station faded out of your sight
- this time, you shared the seats with Pandora, Lily and Snape who kept to himself most of the ride or spoke in whispers to only Lily
- you didn't mind as much as you thought, as Pandora and Lily soon became very talkative and the promise of new friendships tingled the air
- as for you, you looked on the window, a content smile on your face, going through all the things you were going to do once back at school
- you were surprised to find out Remus was your new potion partner
- but you had to admit you two worked great together and you enjoyed his sarcastic, yet sensible company
- Pandora had to work with Peter Pettigrew
- which she insisted it wasn't that bad, considering the boy was surprisingly good at potions
- but no one could beat Lily
- she was a mastermind and not even the most blood supremacist teacher, full of prejudices, could deny it
- the boys pranks continued
- but you heard nothing more from your friend about bad behavior
- as months passed, the Quidditch season begun
- the whole school was in a frenzy
- the tryouts for each teams, it appeared clear, were a big, important event
- it turned out Ravenclaws felt just as strong about the game as any other house
- it surprised you, to say the lest, given the other preferred activities of wizards and witches in the sapphire house
- in a way, it reminded you of muggle school
- where kids would form clubs to follow their interests
- you and Pandora signed up for magic theatre, wizarding literature debates, painting with spells and even creative charmed writing and enchanted singing
- it was mostly Ravenclaws that participated in these activities, but they were open for anyone who wanted to join
- Quidditch, though, it was a different story
- you did not expect the quiet, observant, dreamers to take such care in sports
- but here they are
- older students encouraging new ones to sign up on Ravenclaw team
- a group of girl and boys alike making up cheerful rhymes for the game
- others drawing banters and flags
"What exactly is Quidditch?" You asked Pandora once in Defenses Against Dark Arts class, before the teacher arrived
- the classroom was empty, except for the two of you, Remus and Peter
- Lily stormed in a second later, dragging a pale Severus behind her and glaring at the two Gryffindors
- you made a mental note to ask about it later, as the class filled with loud, noisy students
- you took your seat in front of Pandora's table
- next to you sat James and Sirius, right behind Lily and Severus
"Quidditch is the most loved wizarding sport." Pandora leaned forward to whisper to you
- at her words, eight pairs of eyes snapped in your direction
"Oi, you don't know what Quidditch is, y/n?"
- James looked appalled, Peter was shocked and even Remus took his time to study you as if he saw you for the first time
- though he did turn his gaze away when he realized you saw him
- but Sirius' expression plastered a smile on your face