emmie’s pro tips for surviving a 20+ hour fast:
1. start your fast at like 5 or 6 pm then take caffeine pills or drink diet coke and stay up super late and sleep in, then if you wake up at 10 or 11 am you are already like 16-17 hours in
2. DON’T STAY AT HOME ALL DAY!! you are gonna be close to your kitchen and you are going to want to binge your brains out
3. hang out with a friend, but not too close of a friend. you preferably want one who doesn’t know about your eating disorder and one who wouldn’t give that much of a fuck to ask if you are ok. bonus points if they are thin so u have constant thinspo.
4. if you live with your parents and have family dinners do whatever you can to not be at home during that time. but if worst comes to worst and you have to sit down for that dinner, take a napkin and place it in your lap and drop the food onto the napkin and fake eat. once you’ve done this enough to look like you’ve eaten a decent amount, offer to clean up after dinner. discretely dispose of the dinner during clean up.
5. whenever you feel a really strong urge to eat, DO NOT EAT. you are gonna hate yourself after and is that hatred really worth the calories or the 2 minute sensation of eating? NO. find a really good distraction. i personally have a list of movies that i watch that distract me. also doing schoolwork really distracts me too but it can be boring. just do whatever will take your mind off food or hunger.
be safe besties :))))