I'm home sick, have more in-universe ml memes cause I'm obsessed with making them
(Part 1) (Part 2)
people who join the fandom in the future are gonna find our old posts and be like aw they used to call scarabella alyabug
Alya as Rena Rouge, Scarabella, and Rena Furitive in Season 4
My girl's doing her absolute best!
alya after marinette asks her to delete her ladynoir pic stash: 😭
marinette: *leaves on ladybug biz*
alya: *restore previous versions* 😈
i think this photo accurately describes adrien throughout the entirety of season four so far
repost from twitter - october 2021
Alright, I’ve had a good enough break and will be editing/reworking what I’ve wrote, and with this break, had a chance to ponder things. And I got two big questions I would like to hear a majority opinion on.
Should I try and do a DJWifi love square? Personally, the pairing doesn’t do anything for me, and I wasn’t really rooting for them in canon and well, canon hasn’t won me over. But maybe that’s just canon itself and its long list of issues. Maybe I just need to have a go at them myself to do them better and perhaps they’ll be better.
Alternatively, if not, I can stick to the initial plan that I had: doing Ninette and Kagalya.
So what does a majority think? Have a go at the canon pairing and try to do better or explore the rare pairs? Either way, it would be more of a slow burn and not canon’s means of speed run this pairing. So don’t go in expecting fast romance.
Honestly, I could see Alya and Nino pulling off either of the two ultimately. And there are pros to all of them getting either that could be interesting to see.
- Alya is a planner, though she’s also the sort to jump the gun a lot too and move a little too quickly with the first idea she gets, so it won’t always be a perfect plan.
- If keeping a lot of canon’s “lessons” and Tikki’s means of calling out her user, they apply better to Alya ultimately.
- Being THE savior will have her ego and confidence really boosted to think that she is THE hero and BB is her full on sidekick. Can set up lessons for arrogance, and a reality check of how demanding being a full time hero will be.
- She and Tikki would be quite engaging as I can see them butting heads a lot, largely because they’re both very similar in personality and how they work. So that could be interesting to explore.
- Between the two, Alya would be more readily aggressive and not shy away from close combat.
- On Marinette on the know that Alya is a hero, Tikki actually considers going to Fu and alerting him of this as Scarabella has been compromised. She decides against it as Alya has potential and Marinette seems ready to help however she can.
- Marinette may really get a miraculous sooner as Tikki would go and actively vouch for her.
- Party Crasher has confirmed that Nino is also an elaborate planner, but he’s not so quick to notice smaller details and some things can go over his head (biggest example is Adrien’s cringe around Chloe and Lila, both of which he has offered to help wingman for). I’ll have to double check with Party Crasher, but I’m getting the impression he’s a slower planner, needs a little more time to get anything precise.
- He and Tikki would have a more amiable relationship as Nino has his own issues to address but they don’t arise as much (though that is due to the lack focus on him). The things that bothered Tikki in canon Nino wouldn’t do so there could be less call outs and a more positive and engaging relationship between the two.
- Between the two, Nino would rather not get into close combat and make use of the long range that the yo-yo offers.
- Nino would gradually grow to be more involved, stepping up as a leader not just as a hero but also with the class.
- Adrien may eventually learn that Nino is RB, and Tikki would involve herself with him to help guide him to growth and improvement. But until Adrien starts improving, Tikki wouldn’t recommend him for a miraculous.
- Between her quick thinking, readiness to be involved and direct, and willingness to be aggressive; Cat fits her a tad better than LB. She’d work similarly to how she does as Rena, but far more battle ready in comparison.
- Less ideal set up for lessons to be learned as Plagg isn’t the sort to make sure lessons are learned. He calls out, but really expects the humans to learn and figure out on their own. And as seen in Hack-San, comments from kwamis can go over Alya’s head (her ignoring Trixx’s comments for the most part and not really responding to them). Any call outs would come from Red and Marinette, who Alya can be dismissive towards. Growth would come with consequences instead.
- There would still be an ego boost, though not the exact extent of Scarabella as that has a far more vital role than the Cat. She would start out thinking she’s the hero and RB is her sidekick failsafe, but it’ll be a reality check that he’s the priority and would grow to be a supportive friend and partner.
- Her and Plagg I see having a similar relationship as what Adrien and Plagg have canon wise. Plagg enables and encourages the chaos, but will call out things that need to be. Alya though would be selective on what she listens to, and it’s not until she really gets serious that she really starts to listen, which will take a while.
- Similarly to Tikki, Plagg does offer his advise and guidance to Marinette, but not as much as the most she needs to hear is “learn to relax” and “say no”. But a lot of that can’t get through as Alya really pushes these issues in Marinette to stick and per Plagg, will let it go to allow the consequences to happen. He’ll be more outward in his happiness that Alya is friends with a baker’s daughter, all the cheesy pastries he gets to be spoiled with.
- Nino will work similarly to Carapace but have some real aggression available to him, though its aggression he uses when required, not going all out with it. And as the sort to not really rush into a fight, he’d be a little slower to get into combat, but will still be quick to step in as a protector. Gradually he’ll get more comfortable in fights.
- Lesson wise, won’t be as many as Nino’s issues aren’t exactly the forefront of things; but on the little we see, Nino’s relationship with Wayzz is amiable and engaging, so when Plagg calls him out on something, Nino will listen and consider his words.
- Of all 4 match ups, this is the one Plagg could butt heads with the most. Nino can match Plagg in being easy going, laid back, and flexible; but he’s got far more of a sense of responsibility and activity than Plagg. So Plagg’s lazy ways and selectiveness on duties is going to rub Nino wrong. I also see the possibility that Plagg likes to mess with him just to keep him on his toes. It’s amiable for the most part, but I can see Nino getting a little irritated here and there with Plagg.
- Growth wise, Nino would largely stay the same, more background oriented but will stand his ground when it comes to it. Through having the ring, he will step up occasionally to weigh in on things and stand for his beliefs.
- With Adrien may eventually be in the know, Plagg would rather keep his distance as Adrien’s intrigue and curiosity would have him always on the kwami trying to learn more, and dream of having his own. Plagg does encourage Adrien to be more rebellious and think for himself, but its advise not offered too often. Plagg does warm up to him as Adrien becomes a sole supplier of Camembert for him (and Tom and Sabine wonder where has Nino gone as he isn’t coming in for cheesy pastries anymore).
WLW and MLM hostility
Thamk @one-whole-rat for coming up with this the second time watching it.
Chat Noir and Rena Rouge are arguing about who made the best replacement Ladybug when Ladybug overhears Rena Rouge: it was me Chat Noir: no, i was the best replacement ladybug Ladybug: 😒seriously Rena and Chat: 🤷♀️🤷♂️ Ladybug: 🤦♀️neither of you were the best replacement Ladybug: 😏multimouse was
It's Streamstress, y'all
Well, this isn't their first time fighting as a team, so this should be easy...
Finally, something for my sblnau 😭 It's been a long time since I made art for it 🤡 This is both for the October event over at @mlwritersguild and Day 6 - AU over at @mlcorefour ! Thought I should strike two birds with one stone:D
So the akuma name is Streamstress, like I said earlier, and her name is streamer (the party ribbon kind), stress, and well, seamstress. She's basically ribbon dancer Spiderman who walks kind of like Vexana from the other ML. She can trap people with her ribbons and/or sew their body parts together, and suffocation is... not very fun.
She's an intern at those party planning organizations whose boss basically overloaded her with work. She had to redo the decorations for the ceiling and the tables, and when she got fed up, she went over to a break room and an akuma fluttered into her rings (which is where the streamers materialize from!).
I originally made her for my groupchat fic (which is currently sadly dead) but scrapped the chapter. She's too cool not to resurrect tho. Drawing her was awesome, her design is so blocky and I love it
And as usual... we have Scarabella, Lady Noire, Carapace, and Goupil (name to be decided) battling her! yay
waiting for the day when both marinette and adrien are in trouble (separated without their miraculous idk how) or smth and can't transform so alya grabs the earrings and luka grabs the ring and they both turn up to the fight like the fucken spider-man meme
then proceed to kick butt
Okay but why is her outfit so fire?
Ko-fi | Patreon
The squad did a little swap - and ended up in the 60s!