Reading One Piece pt 278: To Impel Down
- Fpos/cs: “We will return one day” Ominous :D And did they… did they change some of marines into volleyballs? Wow, ok (I just realized that nobody in Cp9 can swim now. They have haki but it’s still a problem)
- Chapter title: “The underwater prison Impel Down” underwater? It’s first time I hear about that prison being underwater. It’s like the Raft, huh (MCU Raft. Comic Raft is in Negative Zone or something)
- still with Garp and Ace. Now hush, I’m listening
- “I wanted you and Luffy to become great Navy men. But instead you became scalawags!” what the hell does that mean, never saw that word before
- “I spoke to Luffy about his father. He was surprised to learn he even had one.” Yeah, Revolution Dad really dropped the ball on this one
- “Neither I nor Luffy care about that. In fact, we’d rather not talk about it. The fact that we both have world-class criminal blood flowing through our veins…There’s no way we could ever have been accepted into the Navy.” Excuse me, both? Both have the world-class criminal blood? Pirate dads? Damn, what are the chances, huh? Who is Ace’s dad? (Or parent. But let’s be real, it’s dad)
- I assume Ace’s not Dragon’s too here. But really, Garp just really couldn’t reign his own children in, huh? Two of his kids either became pirates or coupled with one. I’m really getting the vibes Garp isn’t a good care-giver here
- wait, shit. I just had a thought. Let’s see if they’ll confirm it, I don’t want to look stupid
- “I’d rather forget about my good-for-nothing father. I don’t owe him anything. I don’t even remember him.” Dead-beat dad, what a surprise
- “That may be, but he has his own reasons for…” “Give it up, Gramps” so it’s Garp’s son then? Seriously, what is this conversation about
- huh? Mini flashback
- “It would be a waste if you died now, sonny. Under my name, go and wreak havoc on these seas!” Whitebeard?
- “Be my son!” !!!
- GUYS GUYS GUYS WHITEBEARD ADOPTED ACE JUST LIKE SHANKS ADOPTED LUFFY
- WHITEBEARD IS GETTING BACK HIS SON AND STARTING A WAR IN THE PROCESS
- this is crazy man
- “Whitebeard is my only father!” aww
- (Garp can’t say anything to that)
- somewhere el…. Wait, is that Buggy’s flag?
- it is! what is he even doing here
- no, it’s Lady Alvida!
- wait, Buggy’s at Impel Down? When was he captured?
- They’re here to rescue him! I love me a loyal crew
- “You mean we can’t even get there? But Captain Buggy is going to be executed! And so is our friend Ace!” oh right, they did meet Ace. Goddammit, I love a loyal crew so much
- wait, if Alvida thinks it’s impossible to break Buggy out, then why did they even get here (they were next to Hancock and Luffy’s Marine Ship)
- careful Alvida, you can have a mutiny on your hands. Thought maybe not, she’s really a brain of the operation here
- “Have a painless execution, Captain!” lol, ok. They are easy to sway, but I can’t get mad at them. They’re not main protagonists, it’s actually impossible for them to break people out
- !our first look at Impel Down!
- I saw enough, can we go back
- “Four days later” Luffy and Hancock got to Impel Down
- I’m surprised they let Hancock see Ace
- it’s getting harder and harder. Hancock will be handcuffed with sea-prism cuffs, she won’t be able to help Luffy there
- huh, Buggy escaped from his cell
“Thirty three hours until Ace’s execution” D:
rOP 277 rOP 279