Like this post if you follow me and you’re going to play Pokémon in November. I want to make sure we become rivals >:}
Recently Completed: Etherborn (Switch)
This is a sort of puzzle-platform game in which you, a semitransparent humanoid figure, traverse strange and dreamlike areas to find orbs. Walk off a hard edge and you will fall, but walk over a curved surface and gravity will shift along with you, so before long you’re climbing walls, walking on the ceiling, and falling sideways to your doom. It’s fun to figure out how to get at obscure nooks and crannies, and collected orbs will usually unlock the way to new areas.
In between levels, some sort of golden piece of geometry says a lot of things about existence and perception that I completely did not understand.
The game is gorgeous and intriguing, the soundtrack is wonderful, and the story is baffling (to me). It’s also very short, but completion opens up a New Game Plus mode in which the orbs have been hidden more deviously.
Look, I’m no game designer, so it’s easy for me to say that there should be “more levels” or “more new mechanics” but that’s probably a lot more work than I realize, and I sure don’t have any ideas. But if there’s ever DLC with a new twist or just more places to explore I’d probably be interested!
Who’s ready for AUCTION NIGHT 2019 at Digital Press? On Saturday the 21st beginning at 6pm we will host a LIVE auction that will include a diverse and cool bunch of items that you can win in realtime! The auction will include MORE than what you see shown here:
* A set of Nintendo Switch games produced by Limited Run, all brand new and each includes a special edition trading card
* A basket of Mario-themed “swag”
* A huge group of mini arcade games including Burgertime, Heavy Barrel, Q*Bert and Oregon Trail
* A set of Saturn games including two rare reproductions - AND the pseudo cart needed to play reproductions
* A lot of Atari board games, brand new
* A basket of Pac-Man-themed “swag”
* A complete set of the very first year of RETRO gamer magazine
* A PlayStation 1 Dukes of Hazzard II signed by Tom “Luke Duke” Wopat and John “Bo Duke” Schneider
* … and many more!
10% of auction proceeds will go to “The One Handed Gamer” Chris Saglimbene, a hardcore YouTuber with Cerebral Palsy who supports the disabled community with reviews and tips for playing. Chris will be introduce himself and his cause at the start of the auction.
IF YOU HAVE an item or items you’d like considered for the auction, bring it by on Saturday between 2pm and 4pm for review.
This will be a fun event, hope to see many of you there to help support this cause and enjoy the atmosphere!
Super Mario World-Tasty Chocolate Island
- 14th Forging Bonds event is called A Time to Shine, and it’s now live. It features the following Heroes: Phina (Roving Dancer), Sirius (Mysterious Knight), Norne (The Volunteer), and Nagi (Dragon Avatar) (available until October 3)
- new Summoning Focus is now live: The Chosen Ones. It features the following new Heroes: Phina (Roving Dancer), Sirius (Mysterious Knight), Norne (The Volunteer), and Nagi (Dragon Avatar) (available until October 9)
- new set of Story Maps, and more precisely a Story Chapter called Where It Began is now live (no end date)
- new set of Quests is now live: Where It Began (available until October 9)
- new set of Log-in Bonuses is now live: New Heroes Log-in Bonus. It allows you to get some Orbs every day, with the amount varying each day: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3 (13 Orbs in total) (available until October 3)
- new Tactics Drills map is now available: Young Lion & Radiant Hero (Skill Studies, Hard) (no end date)
- new Area has been added to World 6 of Stage Mode. It includes 20 new stages (stages 261 to 281). Clearing it allows you to get the following reward: Staff Ticket x1 (no end date)
- a new Event is now live: Collect Clear Stars! While it’s running, you can receive various rewards by collecting clear stars (available until September 26)
- High Zodiark’s Trial is now live (no end date)
- High Zodiark, the Fafnir Statue (Shadow) facility, and the Ruler of the Darkness wyrmprint have been added to Treasure Trade (no end date)
- new set of Daily Log-in Bonuses is now live: 1st Anniversary Countdown Bonus. It allows you to get Summon Voucher x2 each day (so 14 in total) (available until September 27)
- new schedule for Void Battles is now live (available until September 27)
- next Summon Showcase is a Dragon Special, and it’s now live. It features the following Dragons: Liger, Cupid, and Niddhog (available until September 27)
- additional Daily Endeavours related to Void Battles have been added (available until September 27)
- new quests have been added to the Void Battles Double Drops Event (available until September 27)
- squishum sticker has been added to Treasure Trade (no end date)
- additional Normal Endeavours have been added, allowing you to get imitation squishes (used in Treasure Trade) (no end date)
- Boosted might campaign is now live, with a special set of Endeavours to complete (available until September 27)
- Main campaign double-mana event is now live (available until September 27)
- Various Adventurer upgrade events have been announced:
Wind-attuned adventurer-upgrade event (September 19 to September 20; September 26 to September 27)
Light-attuned adventurer-upgrade event (September 20 to September 21)
Shadow-attuned adventurer-upgrade event (September 21 to September 22)
All adventurer upgrade event (September 22 to September 24)
Flame-attuned adventurer-upgrade event (September 24 to September 25)
Water-attuned adventurer-upgrade event (September 25 to September 26)
Splatoon 2 – Ver. 5.0.1
- fixes an issue with the Ultra Stamp, causing the player to only be able to move forward during the first swing when continuously swinging the weapon in the air, preventing them from using shortcuts in stages
- fixes exploit allowing players to reach out of bond areas in the Starfish Mainstage stage (stage will unavailable in all modes except Private Matches from September 20th and until the update is released)
In just a few short weeks, developer and publisher Ellada Games will release The Tiny Bang Story on Nintendo Switch and introduce gamers to a magical adventure filled with unique art and fantastic challenges. Available for pre-order on September 20, and set for release on October 4, The Tiny Bang Story has been listed as one of “The 25 Best Puzzle Games Ever Made” by Rock, Paper, Shotgun, and received thousands of positive reviews for its Steam PC release.
In The Tiny Bang Story, the peaceful life of Tiny Planet was thrown into disarray after being hit by a catastrophic meteor, fragmenting the world into a literal jigsaw of puzzle-like pieces. Now, players must use their keen sense of observation to search for clues and lost items and restore the planet to a new era of tranquility. Featuring an atmospheric soundtrack to guide players’ journeys through five chapters of picturesque environments, they must rely on their ingenuity and creative thinking to collect pieces of the world, repair mechanisms and solve puzzles to unlock new, mysterious places to explore.
The Tiny Bang Story will be available for digital download on Nintendo Switch on October 4, 2019.
Following our round-up on this week’s European releases, we thought it would wise to break this off into its own story. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition will be receiving a free demo tomorrow at noon eastern/18:00 CEST. It is currently unknown what the demo will offer, but we will find out in about a day!