I know it’s been months now but I’m honestly really upset about the good places treatment of lgbt ppl
I don’t like how they act like they’re good representation when
1. eleanor never says she’s bisexual. also tahani calls her ‘predatory’
2. I love Janet but she’s Another nonbinary rep who isn’t a person and is a robot/ai. you don’t have to be a robot or not human to be non-binary. this would be fine if a nonbinary person wrote her or if there were more n-b ppl on the sho but there isn’t.
3. the shoe ACKNOWLEDGES that they could make chidi bi and that it wouldn’t affect the plot and that he should just be bi. but he ISNT!
4. tahani is a lesbian but she repeatedly sleeps with men who she doesn’t like with no forward development on that, she simply stops. also as mentioned earlier she calls eleanor predatory.
5. I have NEVER been qbaited as hard as Michael. any other qbait and I’ve thot, the writers won’t make that canon. unless they do.. but they won’t. with Michael i was sure for 3 seasons he was a grade a f*g. Everything abt him said it (including flirting with shaun) and then the Ted danson and the writers just decided last episode Actually he’s straight because I the actor want a cute scene with my wife who i love.
I Kno bi men can be f*gs, I am, but that is clearly not what the writers wanted to communicate or planned. I’m not giving them the benefit of the doubt that he’s bi when they didn’t make anyone else canonical.
and honestly I wouldn’t really care abt this, every show is like this rly, if they didn’t try to act like they were this super lgbt friendly super progressive show.. it’s just what straight people think gay representation should be