the hold that taylor swift has on the marvel fan creators is.... something else
the hold that taylor swift has on the marvel fan creators is.... something else
Anyway it's cool that this is the second wuxia show I've seen where the ending could be reasonably described by that text post that's like "they really fucked up there on that mountain with no lube"
the people who would drink their friend’s titty milk are the same people who would fuck their clone
My ideal man is a combo of Jim from the Office and Javier from Narcos no I will not elaborate on this
ALL MY HOMIES HATE HIRUZEN
More random things
its still funny to me that 17776 was published on like a real sports news website. how did dudebros react to that. did they like it
Y’all have to start considering who is speaking, from what position & perspective, when you see posts vaguely criticizing Americans. You have to think about the context, what’s being addressed, who specifically is really being referred to bc “Americans” is not one cohesive group and you people are really dumb enough/care so little about black ppl that you will reblog something that says “Americans get so much attention & help for police brutality but never help anybody else” LIKE ! All the many other things wrong with that aside, WHO do y’all think the americans dealing with police brutality are?? Genuinely are you stupid or do I have mutuals who secretly hate black ppl too
RQG 195 Things - I ain't 'fraid of no sleep
- I love the discussion of the Venn diagram, with Alex saying he's one-note. I mean, most people have favourite tropes, it's just that they're not usually quite so specific.
- The atmosphere in the episode is excellent. Everything had me slightly on edge.
- The muffled voice is hell on the auditory processing. I know transcripts are difficult and a bit pointless at this late stage, but at times like this I do wish for them. I could not parse what the voice said in response to Hamid dunking on Barrett, which made me a bit sad.
- Speaking of Barrett, I do love that he's being used as a litmus test for everyone's character, because anyone who's like "yeah, he's fine" is automatically sus. I get that people want him dead, but that's almost worse, him knowing just how much people think he's the worst and unimportant. He's also so sulky about it, which makes it clear he relished the importance because it wasn't something he got to feel often.
- I love the idea of the anti-magic field affecting attributes. Every time they've been inside one, Hamid's looked just a little less preternaturally put together.
- Guy/Augusta, my beloved! My condescending wife! The second of the original insufferable NPCs! I'm so glad she got out okay, because it did feel like a waste her being in prison and then infected.
- Love everyone offering Sumutnyerl support, even though they thought she was going to kill her ex. With the only caveat being "maybe let him tell us the plan first". The party are so ride or die.
- I feel like the whole aesthetic of Tesla's is a weird analogy for being neurodivergent and masking, but not quite well enough. So everything's just like "this is what a normal person would like". I don't really get the superiority vibe as much as the party do. I just see people making a long term plan and trying not to go insane while doing it. I mean, they're also coordinating with Gragg and others to make sure survivors are helped. They're doing what they can, which just doesn't involve punching.
- So much metatextual shade about "the one that got away". Also, Alex making fun of himself through NPCs is probably going to get old at some point, but it hasn't happened yet.
- I'm glad there's a plan to fix people. How do you revert individuality, though? The crowd feeling suggests they're all still potentially there, but how do you get them into the right bodies? This is all feeling a bit Nier.
- I love Alex picking up on the innuendo of "busting", realising that's not something in this universe, but having Wilde deftly switch to breast innuendo just to signify that he gets it.
- Zolf sounds so exhausted, but I guess it's better than almost catatonia.
- dflsdfljsdflsdfjlsdfjlsdf BRYN. I am that mix of delighted and "I want to fight". Time to get that Neil Cicierega song stuck in my head forever.
- "Sometimes people just need a good... well, some people just need a bit of a bucketing, don't they, sometimes." "I don't do that anymore." I love how Wilde's thinking fondly about the whole prestidigitation standoff, while of course Zolf's thinking about how he used to drown people, because his association with this stuff is just... all of the trauma.
- Also Wilde thinking of Zolf as the reason he's less insufferable and more liked is just... my heart. Even without a romance thing, they've both changed each other for the better. And so my brain is like "well, that'd be a death flag if he hadn't already done that and come back".
- Tesla is broken and falling apart, and I feel so bad for him. He doomed the world, sure, but mostly other people took advantage of his shortsightedness. It's the sort of thing Cel was wary about happening to them. Also, I hope Tesla and Sumutnyerl make up eventually.
- I like that Zolf and Sumutnyerl are actually more alike than you'd think, which means Zolf is the one who notices they're upset. Also that they have the same approach with being like "I'd better leave before I wreck something".
- It feels like the original campaign was influenced by the whole steampunk Tesla aesthetic that went around in nerd culture for a bit, and I'm almost a bit nostalgic about it (even though I loathed it at the time, all that unexamined imperialism and twee teaboo nonsense made me roll my eyes so hard). Weird thing is, RQG never wallowed in it as aesthetic for aesthetic's sake, though, and it works for me. Also, enough time has passed that I can hear mention of Babbage without thinking of people who quote too much Portal.
- I just realised that Ada and Augusta are sort of related. That'd explain why the latter's there, I guess.
- So they're shoving a brain in the plant, because killing it outright would probably kill all the infected. Though having mentioned Portal, I'm like "what if the brain they put in there gets corrupted". It does not sound like a good plan, especially since it's not clear whether Babbage is even a good person in this universe. He could be like Shoin and have gone a bit wrong after sitting there in his own brain juices.
- If there is a Castle of Cagliostro style clocktower battle, I'll be so stoked. Even just a description of the heart inside there sounds like it'll be great.
- We're in the Endgame. Hopefully this time, there's a third option that'll involve less putting everyone's fate in the hands of malevolent entities and hoping for the best.
was thinking about JSAMN and now I think I somehow have the first line(s) for this story?
@depressedhatakekakashi for you
More random things
@gabethearchangel so did you think i wouldn't see you in my notes harassing people?
From The Story of Mankind by Hendrik Willem Van Loon, 1923. (So many inaccuracies in this book, but then again history books have always offered the most fiction.)
Some strange and unusual vintage diagrams.
Wondering about this post? Wait for the dissertation (TBA). For now: Weblog ◆ Books ◆ Videos ◆ Music ◆ Etsy
Three random things
Um, Youtube, why have you suggested to me that I watch Good Ol’ Freda when I have not listened to the Beatles lately or anyone that’s remotely close influence-wise to them, so how in the world would you peg me as a Beatles fan much less someone who would be interested in watching that? (Because let’s be honest: who, besides Beatles fans, is watching Good Ol’ Freda? Beatles fans. That’s where the list starts and ends.)
now that disney is doing merch with diffrent flags i am now Demanding A Bi Oswald Pin
As a sort of update to this post: The Full Todoroki/Vinsmoke/Firelord Family Comparison:
[ID: A venn diagram comparing Endevour from My Hero Academia, Vinsmoke Judge from One Piece, and Ozai from Avatar the Last Airbender. The middle: Asshole fathers who abuse their families. Endevour and Judge: Creates and uses children for personal goals. Judge and Ozai: Shitty monarchs obsessed with world domination. Ozai and Endevour: Has a favorite. Endevour: Realizes he is a shitty scum of a human being and is trying to be better. Judge: Gets his dumb ass saved from the consequences of his own actions, is a dick about it. Ozai: Gets locked up for being a shit father (also war crimes). End ID.]
[ID: A venn diagram comparing Todoroki Shoto from My Hero Academia, Sanji from One Piece, and Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. The middle: Fire, italicized and in orange, and Found a better family. Shoto and Sanji: At least his sister is chill. Sanji and Zuko: Got a better father. Zuko and Shoto: Reconnects with mother. Shoto: Upholds the law (hero). Sanji: Breaks the law (pirate). Zuko: Is the law (Firelord). End ID]
[ID: A venn diagram comparing Dabi from My Hero Academia, Vinsmoke Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji from One Piece, and Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender. The middle: Sibling violence is Valid actually Squad. Dabi and Vinsmokes: Is the exact punishment their father deserves. Vinsmokes and Azula: Daddy's perfect child soldiers. Azula and Dabi: Blue fire for that extra burn. Dabi: Found (evil) Family. Vinsmokes: Can't have an emotional breakdown if you have no emotions. Azula: Mom never loved her either. End ID]
[ID: A venn diagram comparing Todoroki Fuyumi and Natsuo from My Hero Academia, Vinsmoke Reiju from One Piece, and Lu Ten from Avatar the Last Airbender. The middle: The seemingly functional ones. Todorokis and Reiju: Trying to keep this family together but suffering. Reiju and Lu Ten: Complicit in family's war crimes. Lu Ten and Todorokis: Bit of an afterthought tbh. Todorokis: At least has a mom. Reiju: Guilt complex and suicidal ideation. Lu Ten: Just a cousin. End ID]
[ID: A venn diagram comparing Todoroki Rei from My Hero Academia, Vinsmoke Sora from One Piece, and Ursa from Avatar the Last Airbender. The middle: Moms with shitty husbands just doing their best. Rei and Sora: Hospitalized. Sora and Ursa: Sacrifices to save son. Ursa and Rei: Forced into marriage to breed super children. Rei: Burns her son's face (not great). Sora: Dead. Ursa: Starts a new family with a not shitty husband. End ID]
once again with the "you're not alone" line