I was born in 1990, so I got a chance to experience some of the best things that Houston has/had to offer. Astroworld, Funplex, The Livestock Show and Rodeo, the Oilers, the Clutch City Rockets, the Comets…the list goes on. The food scene here is AMAZING. From food trucks and delivery services to pop up shops and brick and mortar restaurants. The talent that is in this city and a product of this city is unmatched (#shoutout to Beyonce). It’s a big city, with small town southern hospitality and I will represent it, until the day that I die!
pants: stella mccartney
handbag: judith leiber
mask: shon simon (black woman owned business)
nail polish: deborah lippmann
lip gloss: by terry
1. An effortless bruch look. Perfect for an afternoon catching up…and trying to sober up, from the night before. Pair the pants with an artsy graphic t-shirt, for a cute and comfy look. This look is completed with a chic slip on sandal and a gray blazer. An elevated casual look that puts comfort first.
2. An edgy casual look. Great for a night out, with bae; catching live music, a bite to eat, and a couple of drinks. It takes a bold person to mix patterns; I love the combination of camo with these pants. The camo jacket, layered over a black graphic hoodie creates a cohesive color scheme, set off by the pops of blue, with the pumps and handbag.
3. An edgy business chic look. Work wardrobes do NOT have to be boring. Swap the khaki slacks for a statement pant, like these; swap the traditional collared button down, for one with a round neck; trade your blazer, for a leather biker jacket, and complete the look with a printed pump. While your work day may not be the most exciting, your wardrobe can be everything but boring!
4. A casual weekend look. Weekends are supposed to be meant for taking a break and relaxing, but we all know that weekends are usually spent trying to handle all of the things that we weren’t able to get to, during the week. From grocery shopping and hair appointments, to checking in on family and having a couple drinks with friends, this effortless look will transition well. You can never go wrong with a graphic t-shirt [the only Christopher we aknowledge is Wallace] and denim jacket. Completed the look with a white mule, instead of sneakers, to complete the look on a chic note.
5. A simple everyday look. Whether it’s for class or a casual day at work, this look is perfect. Stripes are a fun way to add color, to any look. The denim jacket is a staple wardrobe piece; but the details of this one, the hood and the pockets, instantly elevate it to a statement piece. This look, completed with beanie and chunky hybrid sneaker, is set off by a swanky pair of statement earrings.
6. A casual day off look. Those days when class is cancelled at the last minute, or you just decide to take a personal day, are some of the best. You get to sleep in, grab a bite at your favorite place (without having to wait), maybe taking care of somethings so you can enjoy your free time on the weekends…there are endless possibilities. This look is perfect for whatever you decide to do. A simple casual look, that still makes a fashion statement. A graphic tee and sneakers, keep it comfortable, while the clutch adds some fun. It’s always a good idea to have a removable 3rd piece, just in case it gets a bit cool…or warms up. This color block puffer jacket is the perfect mix of fun and fashion.
7. An eclectic look. This look is perfect for a night out, with the girls…when you want to dress up, but don’t feel like wearing heels. Layer a corset over a t-shirt to accenuate your waistline. The pink mohair coat adds a touch of glamour to the look and the yellow boots are a funky way to complete the look. Playing with colors, patterns, and textures are a sure way to create unforgettable looks, for any occasion.
8. A fun party look. As someone who has been quarantined, since March, I am looking forward to the late nights that turn into early mornings. There’s nothing like dancing the night away, with some of your favorite people, then staggering to nearest pizza joint or late night restaurant. The tie dye graphic tee paired with the bright orange suede biker jacket create a fun and functional look. Just in case you get a bit carried away, on the dance floor, you can remove the jacket and continue to dance the night away. The black bootie and embellished hat box handbag are classic pieces, with a bit of a modern twist, to complete the look.